[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 0080 JP BD encoding

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

Oookay, I have decided that it I will encode 0080's BDs once they are released this week. I have read up on guides on a few private trackers being AB and UHDbits and I er THINK I understand what to do. I'm mainly doing this because 0080 is one my favourite shows of all time.

I have read up on our lord and saviour's guide too https://rxmastering.wordpress.com/video/ . Although I installed a bunch of shit like avisynth and have no fucking clue what to do with it. I heard you can use it in a GUI or command interface (I'll use a GUI since I'm retarded), but I don't know what GUI to use Avisynth with. Don't really want to use handbrake since that isn't "true" encoding apparently.

Also for any encoding autists out there, what PC specs are recommended? I'm sure my pc will be fine but I'm curious.

I have never encoded before but I believe that I'll be able to do well on this, achieve transparency and improve off the source.
>>
>>15805825
Poke around the msubs IRC on rizon, see if Bunnyhat or someone's on and can give a few tips? Might not hurt to do a few test encodes while waiting to 0080 isos to pop up.

Best of luck, anon.
>>
>>15805842
Thanks
>test encodes
I should actually try that, you're right. Thanks
>>
Read this too https://iamscum.wordpress.com/encoding-stuff/
>>
Good on you man, I was hoping some /m/en would collaborate and encode future release, but I don't have any knowhow so I can only sit on my ass and wait for others to do it.
>>
>>15807038
it's not like the others knew what they were doing when they started either, if you want to do it you just do it, you're just a lazy ass
>>
>>15805825
You're a better guy than most of us anon. Bumping in case someone who actually knows enough to help shows up.
>>
>>15805825
For Avisynth I use a fronted called Avspmod (it's useful for previewing and spitting out angry errors).
Also for test encodes, try starting with standard 8 bit encodes and once that's working, move onto 10-bit because that is even more fiddly.
Expect things to fail hilariously for no apparent reason and have fun.
>>
bumping for great justice
>>
>>15809698
I see, I installed that. I have gotten the hang of demuxing using eac3to with a GUI along for it. It doesn't turn the demuxed video stream into an mkv though, just a .h264 so Avspmod can't read it/preview it. I'm also not very sure on filtering with Avspod
>>
>>15811625
Nvm, didn't have Haali installed. It splitted into an mkv properly now
>>
File: AvsPmod.png (1MB, 1625x930px) Image search: [Google]
AvsPmod.png
1MB, 1625x930px
>>15811625
You're missing a step.
I generally only use eacto for converting audio.
For video you start with this: https://www.videohelp.com/software/DGAVCDec (I expect someone will tell me of something newer, but this works for me).
Load your mts2 transport streams ripped from the BD into it. It'll create a .dga index file.
Load this into AvsPMod with the AVCSource command. This'll just load video, audio gets muxed in later.
I've attached a very basic load in and light filtering from a previous project. The stuff commented out was 10-bit conversion stuff and extra filter experiments.
SMDegrain's set to chroma noise only because its normal settings cause amazing frame blending and I haven't been able to work out why.
>>
>>15812728
I think I got it now. I'm using FFVideoSource however whioch deindexed it for me. It didn't work at first since I was missing something a file in the Avysynth plugin. Will try and play around with filtering now.
>>
>>15812830
Would appreciate Avisynth plugins good for anime too to use in AvsPmod. Also how would I be able to tell if a BD is interlaced or progressive? People said bitrate viewer but I'm not sure what distinguishes whether it's interlaced or progressive. For context too I'm using a Kobayashi Dragon Maid BDMV to test.
>>
>>15805825
>improve off the source
Please don't attempt this
>>
>>15813738
would there even be anything to improve off 0080's BD
>>
>>15813738
remember the 0083 EG fiasco where he fucked up the colors and him and his minions went on and on about how it was an improvement all based on what he "thought" (kek)

it's gonna happen again
>>
>>15816570
>>15813738
I won't do that then but I have read from guides that color adjustment/correction could be needed.
This have served me well so far for some filters
https://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech31/post-qual.html
>>
>>15816570
With the dvds or something? Because the BD filtering was definitely an improvement over the raw video.
>>
>>15816580
Please don't assume you know better than the professionals who produced these blu-rays.
>>
>>15816728
This This This
>>
>>15816728
Not that other anon but, you do realise filtering is pretty much needed on a lot of old shows right? Whether it be colour correction or not. For example fixing dirty lines
>>
>>15817199
Unless I have a clear reason not to, my default tendency would be to believe that blu-rays are released in a state that is fit for consumption by people who care enough about image quality to buy them in the first place.

There are only a handful of exceptions to this for every thousand high quality blu-ray releases, anime or live-action, and most of those come from the early days of the format.
>>
>>15805825
Thank you
>>
>>15817256
I'm curious then, what filtering do you do then?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.