[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aliens in UC when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 4

File: vlcsnap-2017-08-23-02h02m32s274.png (1MB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-23-02h02m32s274.png
1MB, 1280x738px
Aliens in UC when?
>>
>The most oddly specific bit of legislation imaginable
10/10, masterpiece of anime
>>
>>15804724
I know right? It was the biggest let down in the show
>>
>>15804716
why should newtypes get priority admin appointments again? they aren't sure they will exist but somehow they've gotten priority seats in government.

like some sort of eventual affirmative action or something.
>>
File: reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg (122KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.jpg
122KB, 640x479px
>>15804734
Fuggin' Spacenoids took ma jerb
>>
It's just gonna be some lame tomino thing like Ideon where
>OOOOOO
>THE ALIENS ARE JUST HUMANS FROM THE OTHER CORNER OF THE UNIVERSE
>OOOOOooOOOooo
>>
I thought Turn A was already confirmed aliens
>>
>>15804749
There's strong suggestions that either the Turn A or X are extrasolar, but nothing about aliens in particular. The colonies seem to have fucked off at some point, so it's probably just one of theirs.
>>
>>15804734

They don't, all the provision says is that the government give priority to involving them in administration, not that they have priority in administration; those are very different tbings
>>
>>15804724
That was so insanely, mind-bogglingly stupid. Also, that there was this huge quest to find the fucking plaque rather than the text.

I mean, what were the odds that the broadcast had closed captions for the visually impaired? Wouldn't it be easier to just raid a Federation data bank or some shit for the .SRT file? And why did nobody ever take pictures of it before the ceremony?
>>
>>15804775
true but still, even if it's low administration positions, giving them an edge because of what they were born as still feels like it's some sort of privilege.

chronos (guyver) had to throw in tons of bonuses to convince people to undergo zoanoidification ranging from personal (health benefits) to social (tax breaks, priority hiring for almost every job), this basically gives potential space humans an in into administration.
>>
>>15804716
In Crossbone they use alien bacteria as chemical weapons iirc
>>
>>15804716
Hopefully never.
Trailblazer was shit. If you want aliens, watch Macross.
>>
>>15804724
>The most oddly specific bit of legislation imaginable
You'd be surprised out our real life alien legislation.
>>
How are newtypes a race?
>>
>>15804808
Not to mention Riddhe knew what it was halfway through the story. He could have just told Banana and Mineva and saved everyone a lot of trouble.
>>
>>15804808
You do understand just how much power private companies have over our "open" internet communications, right? By the time of UC 001, they could totally wipe that info out and nobody would be the wiser.

The bigger question is how nobody who wrote that constitution or signed it ever said a word about the deleted clause.

Also, people on 4chan who bitch about Laplace's Box are only familiar with the US Constitution. The US Constitution is beautiful, a work of art. It's simple and to the point, and leaves a lot of room for adaptation and growth.

Other modern constitutions are FUCKED. The Constitution of Brazil is 395 pages, for example. These constitutions are very specific and cover as many contingencies as the writers could think of to make sure they have answers for everything. Everything in that constitution is intended to function as a full set of laws and rules for running the country for all time.
>>
>>15805752
>You do understand just how much power private companies have over our "open" internet communications, right? By the time of UC 001, they could totally wipe that info out and nobody would be the wiser.

You can't wipe some dude saving a recording of it on his hard drive. UC's not even that big on internet and shit but there were clearly broadcasters showing off the entire event and everything. Also, government owning the internet would be even worse considering the people who blew up the plaque and the entire fucking colony BECAME the government in UC.
>>
>>15804808
The worst thing was how the Evil Federation Conspiracy kept the clause on fucking space aliens but conveniently took out the one clause that would retroactively justify all of Zeon's bullshit.
>>
>>15805752
>You do understand just how much power private companies have over our "open" internet communications
Dur... Durr... Hu..Durr..HURRR DURRR.

You think "the internet" is something owned and maintained by ISP?

How tech illiterate are you?
>>
>>15804716
but what if the extraterrestrial emergency isn't biological?

>give me your face!
>>
>>15805760
>conveniently took out the one clause that would retroactively justify all of Zeon's bullshit.
Article 13 literally says that you can't misinterpret any article of the charter to justify violence acts
>>
>>15805752
> The Constitution of Brazil is 395 pages, for example. These constitutions are very specific and cover as many contingencies as the writers could think of to make sure they have answers for everything.

If anything that makes the Laplace Box even more stupid. There were probably committees full of dozens or even hundreds of civil servants, lawyers, politicians and academics working on the Laplace Constitution yet not one of them spoke up about it being altered. What, did the Evil Federation Conspiracy somehow silence or disappear them all ?
>>
>>15804769
It's pretty heavily implied that the extrasolar Newtype civilization started by the generation ship old man Judau put together in that Victory manga made it.

Aliens in UC, for the record, is why I want a Gendum about that colony ship and the civilization it starts.
>>
>>15805884
>>15804769
*made the Turn X
>>
>>15805826
But they're not misinterpreting anything to justify violence, they're using the fact that the constitution was secretly re-written to justify it
>>
>>15805871
No they're all just evil and in on it
>>
So, what was the point of the whole series? If Laplace's Box was under the mansion the whole time, why couldn't old man Vist have just shown it to Banana at the beginning and not have all those people die?
>>
>>15806578
but then there would be no dumb goose chase and thousands wouldn't die
>>
>>15805752

>The bigger question is how nobody who wrote that constitution or signed it ever said a word about the deleted clause.

Maybe they were all in Laplace when it got wrecked?

>>15805759

>>You can't wipe some dude saving a recording of it on his hard drive. UC's not even that big on internet and shit but there were clearly broadcasters showing off the entire event and everything.

Laplace got wrecked before the Constitution was unveiled. What happened is that later on, the faction in the EF government that took over post-Laplace Incident showed a constitution without that clause pertaining to "space-adapted humans".
>>
>>15806578
I thought it was hilarious. It's just out of shot in the very first scene.
>>
UC's failed attempt at having an organization similar to Celestial Being.
>>
IMO it can be interpreted two ways:
A) It only guarantees they will have some form of involvement, which is basically prohibiting barring future spacemans from government positions.
B) It gives future spacemans priority over non spacemans in government positions, as if they intended future spacemans to eventually govern all of humanity.

But none of that makes any difference, because both interpretations mean jack and shit for Zeon. Newtypes were not confirmed before the war, nor were any of them fighting for a representation or government position. The only way newtypes were related to the war was the use of them on both sides as powerful soldiers.

Why was this important again? Why was the EFF paying out the ass to keep it under wraps? Why did they even bother editing that line out? Why wasn't the script thrown into a dumpster and set on fire?
>>
You know what's really stupid? There is no real evidence that the stone in the box wasn't a fake itself. We're shown that the damn thing is made using a laser engraver even for the signatures. It would be easy as hell to create copies that said whatever the hell you wanted.

In fact, that's exactly what the EF itself did and a century later no one has noticed.
>>
It was the stupidest asspull of asspulls.
>>
>>15804716
>What is Newtype
>>
>>15806896
Something which nobody could foresee.

Hell, Zeon Deikun didn't even predict what newtypes actually were; they just had the title and the expectations forced on them.
>>
>>15804716
wasn't Death God from UC OVA and an alien?
>>
>>15807848
Not an alien. Got the impression she was some weird psychic shenanigans, like the dragon-gargoyle-demon-whatever that shows up when Dozle decides to spend his last few moments shooting the Gundam even though he knows it won't do anything.
>>
>>15806896
A loaded word.

No joke, this is one of the major arguments put forth by Unicorn, that Newtype is a turn of phrase thrown around to mean all kinds of things, oftentimes things that give rise to a Zeon uprising and the reactionary measures that follow, leaving spacenoids to suffer in the middle.
>>
>>15807945
It's been a while but I don't remember newtypes being a driving force of any of the zeon uprisings.
>>
>>15805730
Go on
>>
>>15807967
They were for Char's Zeon
Maybe Haman's, but I'm not sure
>>
Unicron is not CANON people
>>
>>15804716
>Tricia (((O'Neil)))
>>
File: SRA forces in the 8th Space War.jpg (2MB, 3029x2145px) Image search: [Google]
SRA forces in the 8th Space War.jpg
2MB, 3029x2145px
>>15807945
They make a big point about this near the end of Gundam X. I liked that the spacenoid leader didn't even believe newtypes had real psychic powers like Tiffa did, he just used it as a propaganda point that all spacenoids are now newtypes and therefore better than earthnoids.
>>
Why do people hate Unicorn so much? It's a good series.
>>
>>15809052
>Unicron
I should hope not.
>>
Unicorn is non canon, stop autisting.

If Tomino didn't write it it's not canon.
>>
>>15809199
I liked it overall, but you gotta admit that the big reveal was really fucking stupid.
>>
>>15809233
>>15809052
>caring about canon in robot anime
Weren't you kids paying attention at the end of Metal Gear Solid 2? This stuff is just stories, it doesn't fucking matter if it's "official".
>>
>>15809199
Because it comes off like fanfiction.
Such a waste of good animation work.
>>
>>15809199
As its own thing it's fine, as part of the bigger UC setting the stuff about Laplaces box is retarded.
>>
>>15809199
Because most people are idiots who fancy themselves experts.
>>
>>15809495
And some of those idiots got hired to write Unicorn.
>>
>>15809515
>hey everyone, I'm underage and just NO U'd this rando on the internet, aren't I cool?
>>
>>15809522
t. Fukui
>>
>>15809545
Sup Fukuda.
>>
>>15809199
It is a spinoff that based itself on the main canon but at the same time trying to fundamentally change the main canon. It rubs the people the wrong way.

Not to mention is it extremely silly to focus on the legislative side of thing when the viewers were never given enough information to how or why the Federation government is running the way it is in the main series to put Unicorn in better context.

It also does not make sense to have another Zeon remnants uprising within the close Earth sphere when you put the events in CAA and F91 side by side.

I also personally think bandai is just too scared of losing money by switching its focus from the MSG-CCA era to the F91 and post era as the main MSG to CCA's plastic kits are pretty much out. They want to keep milking them with the side story and spin off which the Japanese will surely keep buying.
>>
>>15804716
>Let NT involve in state administration
So...Zanscare Empire?
>>
File: Fuunsaiki (1).jpg (43KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Fuunsaiki (1).jpg
43KB, 400x400px
>>15809871
Nah it's the Neo Nations. Unicorn Gundam is actually a bridge between early UC and G Gundam.
>>
>>15809634
Sooo why do Japanese love Unicorn so much?
>>
>>15809902
Elevens have shit taste. That's just a fact of the universe.
>>
>>15809902
Japan makes good shit but the Japanese themselves have poor taste.
>>
>>15805701

The article doesn't state they'll have an edge though; it's just explicitly forbidding prejudice against locking them out of the government. All it says is that they'll be included in the government, not that they'll be given priority when picking positions or running it.

>>15805731

How are Africans, Asians or Caucasians a race?

>>15805752

The people who wrote and signed it were all killed; hard to speak up when you're dead.

>>15805760

The aliens clause isn't nearly as restrictive. All it says is that the Federation will research and prepare for them. Which implies they can pump money in to anything they want using it as an excuse. The newtype clause doesn't justify spluring money wherever you want, only binds them to include people if something happens.

>>15805884

No, it isn't. Turn-A flat out shows newtypes leaving en-masse in regular colony cylinders, which contradict how Judau and his one ship left. There's no implication it's because of Judau, and the Victory Side Story manga it happened in was never intended to be canon in the first place. It takes place in continuity with the Gigantis/Ideon stuff and is just the writer having fun, not some kind of blueprint for future UC works to work towards.

>>15806578

Vist got "white man's guilt" when he realized he was dying and wanted to try and make up for his greed. He set the Unicorn to take it's pilot around the sites of the worst atrocities in UC's history to try to ensure that whoever opened it would have context for deciding what to do, and maximize the chances they wouldn't use it to start a war.
>>
>>15806743

The EF weren't paying out the ass to keep new type stuff under wraps, at least originally. They were paying out the ass because Cardeas Vist had proof they had come to power by killing their predecessors and of their corruption. Which, in a young government can kill it. They paid him hush money to keep the whole thing under wraps, and it was only decades later that the newtype stuff became remotely important.

>>15806807

Cardeas Vist was one of the original bombers who blew up the first colony and killed the original government. I'm pretty sure he has more proof than the original charter; that just happened to be the most important part narratively.

>>15806905

He predicted more than that according to the novels; in those he predicts that human consciousness will expand, allowing communication over long distance telepathically among other things if I recall. He didn't foresee them exactly, and the books still run with the idea that the Zabis and Federation still latched on to his ideas and used his word for something he hadn't really foreseen, but he wasn't all that far off either.

>>15809038

Char himself might have been doing it for the future of newtypes, but his faction wasn't. He doesn't mention newtypes in any of his speeches or rhetoric to get people following him and he treats the few newtypes he has as mere pawns.

>>15809233

Tomino doesn't and never has owned Gundam. He wasn't even the sole writer, or solely responsible for any of the shows he worked on. He's the credited creator, nothing more. And even the show's creation was done as a for-pay job, not any kind of artistic vision, setting out to meet certain guidelines the studio gave him. Whether he wrote something or not has no bearing of any kind on it's canonicity.
>>
>>15809634

Unicorn's main problem is that it's basically a "Greatest Hits of UC" and doesn't even try to change it, never mind try to do so fundamentally. Char's Neo Zeon already made little sense, so having another one is no more nonsensical since Char's Counterattack has nothing to say about Zeon, only about Char himself.
>>
>>15810475
>No, it isn't. Turn-A flat out shows newtypes leaving en-masse in regular colony cylinders, which contradict how Judau and his one ship left.
Or Judau and his colonists were just the first people to get the idea.
>It takes place in continuity with the Gigantis/Ideon stuff
Remind me when/how this was confirmed?
>>
>>15810496

> Or Judau and his colonists were just the first people to get the idea

So what implies Judau built the Turn-X, rather than the exodus of newtypes the show explicitly confirms left the solar system?

> Remind me when/how this was confirmed?

Both stories were written by the same person and printed in the same magazine, then reprinted in a duology that contained only those stories nearly two decades later.
>>
>>15810562
I didn't mean Judau built the Turn X, I meant that the Newtype civilization was started with Judau's ship and then those other colonies that had the same idea ended up making contact with and joining it.
>>
good thing they specified space born humans being evolved because i don't think people will like a dolphin in office.
>>
>>15805727
But Macross and its' aliens were fucking shitty.
>>
>>15811263

Okay, then what implies that they left to find Judau or left for a different reason but with the intention of finding his colony? Besides your desire to have his colony be validated.
>>
>>15812645
It's just a theory. A GAME THEORY!
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.