[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1435x672px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1435x672px
I don't get it
>>
>>15802922
Anno doesn't either.
>>
>>15802922
That means youre 100% ready to post in Eva threads
>>
>>15802922

He was making sure that wasn't Rei fucking with him again after she used Kaworu's form to get his defenses down.
>>
How can you not understand somebody wanting to strangle that annoying bitch? Even during the end of the world, you don't pass up an opportunity like that.
>>
>>15803105
Why did he stop when she touched his cheek?
>>
>>15802922
This threads give me an idea. What if when Devilman Crybaby comes out someone posts a screencap of the ending and say its a ripoff of this that would be very funny and original.
>>
File: Casshern.2004.jpg (129KB, 1832x764px) Image search: [Google]
Casshern.2004.jpg
129KB, 1832x764px
I don't get anything
>>
>>15802922
I always took it that he was still confused and since the last time he had seen her in the joined experience he was strangling her in anger that he just continues with it. Then she touches his cheek because she didn't choose to come back, she was chosen/sent back to be with him and because she hated him so much she was thanking him for killing her. Then he comes to his senses and turns right back into the coward he always was. Such sets up the best ending line in anime as Asuka knows he's completely worthless and yet he's all there is for her.

It's not a happy ending for either the viewer or the characters and that's why I love it so.
>>
>>15803304
Becuse he saw that as opportunity to make her touch his pee pee.
>>
File: Dan_Moroboshi.png (168KB, 698x393px) Image search: [Google]
Dan_Moroboshi.png
168KB, 698x393px
Anno talked before about how he was disillusioned with adults in society becoming more childish, and Eva is a pretty transparent riff on Ultraman like 85% of the time, so is this ending basically "What would happen if the Science Patrol was a bunch of emotionally maladjusted children who couldn't get their shit together?"

I personally think his disillusion is just the realization that a lot of people have, as they grow up that "adults" aren't particularly wise or well adjusted, they just try to perpetuate that notion to get kids to behave
>>
>>15802922
Pretend you do and start arguments with autists on the internet. That is the true meaning of Eva
>>
>>15803934
anon why are you just talking about the science patrol
>>
I love the symbolic symbolism. Based anno 2deep4me
>>
>>15802922
It was never about understanding

It was about feeling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy0awcLBWuc
>>
>>15804168
Oh boy, the >meaningless symbolism kids arrived.
>>
File: 745[1].jpg (27KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
745[1].jpg
27KB, 600x600px
>>15802922
>>
>>15802922
Long story short it was Anno's critique of the Eva fanbase. There's more to it than that but basically EoE is loaded with insults to Eva fans.
>>
>>15803304

Because her responding to his violent actions with a gentle caress broke him, him receiving genuine human warmth was something he couldn't handle because of his own self-loathing.
>>
Clarify for us, what part didn't you get? The movie, Eva as a whole, or just the final scene in EoE?
>>
>>15804803

I mean, everything is meaningless, but if you want to pick out symbolism as being extra-meaningless, I won't stop you.

Kid.
>>
>>15805464
Shinji's mom did the same thing right before Shinji went back to Earth too.
>>
File: sonny and rico.jpg (48KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
sonny and rico.jpg
48KB, 640x430px
>>15802922
There's nothing to get in the first place.

Anno suggests that there is some existential meaning to whatever is happening, but it's always unclear and unfocused. A lot of noise, but nothing that is practically comprehensible. That's is where people start extrapolating their own theories about a deeper meaning and that's how Evafags are born.
>>
File: 21123123.png (1MB, 771x630px) Image search: [Google]
21123123.png
1MB, 771x630px
All I know is that she's disgusted about the jerking off. Both Shinji and Slutface wanted to fugg badly too.
>>
>>15802922
Alex Jones will explain it to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5X9RUOEOoNQ
>>
>>15807763

Man

He actually is insane
>>
>>15802922
>I don't get it

Dont' worry dude, 7,49... bilion people don't it, but they don't make a fuss about it and get on with their lives.
>>
>>15807763
>>15811301
but hes completely right..
>>
File: eva happiness.jpg (233KB, 960x1620px) Image search: [Google]
eva happiness.jpg
233KB, 960x1620px
>>15802922
>>15806502
The very very end does in fact give a clear answer of what it's trying to say, but it's a single line in a 90 minute movie. The message of the whole movie is "if you have depression, suicide isn't the answer"
>>
>>15802922
Just your average manchild schlock. Teens, insecure and immature people in general love some pretentious babble about shit they barely understand. It makes them feel smart, which is precisely how Anno wanted to feel when he "thought" that up.
>>
>>15803353
That movie sucked but that fight sequence was amazing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.