[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 0079

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 6

File: Capture.jpg (23KB, 405x308px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
23KB, 405x308px
Why did Amuro abandon Gundam? If I were him I would have taken it and repaired it. Seriously after all he went through with that mobile suit he leaves it at a baou qu
>>
>>15801881
That thing is totaled. War is over. Better off just build a new one if they need to
>>
>>15801894
He also abandoned the core fighter
>>
>>15801881
It's MSG, not Cosmic Era Gundam where you can betray your military, personally own a MS thats supplied by both your sister who runs a country, or your girlfriend that's de facto leader of a political entity that exists solely on well wishes and director fiat.
>>
>>15801915
I'm the federation wouldn't have minded giving a Gundam to Amuro if he asked
>>
>>15801927
Yeah that's why they basically put him under house arrest and had agents monitoring him
>>
>>15801932
They developed the Alex for him
>>
>>15801881
There's probably all sorts of political red-tape surrounding the entire battle site of A Boa Qu. It was highly likely that the remains of the RX-78-2 were salvaged by the EFSF. If anything, the combat data and Luna titanium alone would be worth the effort. It's not like the Gundam was ever Amuro's property, to begin with.
>>
>>15801952
That was while the war was ongoing and he was one of their only known newtypes. And even then it wasn't going to just be handed over like it was a gift for him to take home. It was going to be assigned to white base.
>>
>>15801881
At the end of the day the RX-78-2 was just a machine.
>>
>>15801932

that was seven years after the war ended

Amuro probably had a pretty okay life after the war, and were he not an introvert he probably could have drowned himself in victory pussy until the day he died. Instead he probably went into a self-imposed exile for awhile with just him and his Haro just because all the shit he went through. He eventually sold Haro as a toy and got pretty rich, and started training new EF pilots, but he had some PTSD issues after the war for sure.
>>
There were a bunch of Gundams out and about. Have you not been watching thunderbolt? Amuro was piloting some basic shit. I'd be pissed if I was him. Glad he left that scrap in the dump.
>>
>>15801881
Amuro got a cool Zeta which the Federation took away and replaced with the shitty Re-GZ
>>
>>15801986
In fact the RX-78-2 was already obsolete by the end of the war, once the Gelgoog was developed.
>>
>>15802003
The Gundam was a bit better than the Gelgoog
>>
>>15801881

He abandoned it because it was badly damaged, most of the cameras were destroyed, and A Boa Qu was blowing the fuck up, he recovered the core fighter because it was easier to recover than the badly damaged Gundam.

I'm certain they recovered what they could of the Core Fighter, and Gundam, after the war. If any data survived, that's what they'd be more interested in, not the machines.
>>
>>15801980
>Amuro has different girlfriend in each series.
I think he had more than enough pussy to be happy.
>>
>>15802017
They probably went back and took the Luna Titanium
>>
>>15801881

The unit was heavily damaged, possibly unusable as a suit/vehicle and Amuro was more concerned in the immediate with escaping and saving his life and that of his friends. It'd have been nice as a nostalgic gesture if he had the luxury of time I sure, but he didn't. After the war was over and he had time he no longer had the luxury of space to do it and the EFSF had probably recovered it and set about studying and improving it themselves.
>>
>>15801881

The unit was heavily damaged, possibly unusable as a suit/vehicle and Amuro was more concerned in the immediate with escaping and saving his life and that of his friends. It'd have been nice as a nostalgic gesture if he had the luxury of time I sure, but he didn't. After the war was over and he had time he no longer had the luxury of space to do it and the EFSF had probably recovered it and set about studying and improving it themselves.
>>
>>15802032
>the EFSF had probably recovered it and set about studying and improving it themselves.
There must have been some manga sidestory or something where someone finds or steals the gundam and repairs and uses it, right?
>>
>>15801980
>He eventually sold Haro as a toy and got pretty rich

Was that a thing? I remember it being mentioned (in V Gundam?) that they started making Amuro-custom ones after the war, but that was literally just a single line or two. I don't remember Amuro making anything out of it, beyond his fancy house arrest place and his anti-MS unarmed plane, but I figured those weren't his.
>>
>>15802006
I thought it was the other way around, the Gelgoog outmatched the Gundam specs wise but the lack of viable pilots meant that it went to waste.
>>
>>15802058
They're pretty much equal but the Gundam has better armor
>>
>>15802054
Amuro made the first Haro, so I don't think it's much of a stretch to say that he sold the design and rights to another manufacturer to have it mass-produced.
>>
>>15802054
I think they mention it as an aside when Camille finds a Haro, it recognizes Bright, and somebody explains that there was an MP toy of Haro after the war with all of the original's memories so they all basically act like the original when they see White Base crew
>>
>>15802059
>the Gundam has better armor
Armor doesn't matter because of beam weapons
>>
>>15802065

Going to Toys R Us must be hell for Bright Noa
>>
>>15802044
Isn't that how the Pale Rider came to be?
>>
>>15802298

No, Pale Rider was already active before the end of the war. Which is retarded.

Oh, and now there's four Pale Riders.
>>
what kind of autist watches 0079 and doesn't understand that white base is a military crew? literally, this child-like ownership concept is what gets amuro slapped
>>
>>15802044
The Tristian in Twilight Axis is made from salvaged Alex parts, but I don't think anyone bothered salvaging the RX-78-2 since there was a variety of other RX units that were produced and far superior from that conflict.
>>
>>15801976
This. It plays into the "real" robot aspect of Gundam. It is just a tool for combat, nothing more.
>>
>>15801881
>MS is totalled except for the part specifically designed for escaping while the MS is totalled
>the entire giant astroid you're inside is actively exploding
Gee I dunno why he left It behind.

>>15801915
That has literally nothing to do with OP's post you fucking autist.
And there's plenty of UC characters that own their own mobile suits, legally or otherwise. 0079 had Doan.

Oh, but you watched the shitty movies and called it a day.
>>
>>15802017
>I'm certain they recovered what they could of the Core Fighter, and Gundam, after the war. If any data survived, that's what they'd be more interested in, not the machines.

Char's Deleted Affair confirms that the combat data from Amuro's Gundam was used in all future Federation mobile suits, much to Char's annoyance.

I know that's a non-animated manga everyone hates, but it makes sense.
>>
>>15802401
Speaking of, where can I read CDA? I can't find it complete anywhere.
>>
>>15802426
Scanlators got bored of it I guess.
>>
>>15802382
Bright is the guy who tried to seduce Mirai during Solomon and A Baou Qu
>>
>>15802382
You can legally own a mobile suit and a war hero like Amuro would have no trouble getting one
>>
>>15802716

Aren't Hobby variants like the Hobby Hizack or miniature mobile suit the only legally viable ones for private ownership outside ultra rich and connected individuals like Vist's caretaker dude?
>>
>>15801881
Because in the end Amuro became Gundam. For most of 0079 Gundam's reputation came from it's capabilites but during the end it was Amuro whom the Gundam's reputation depended on. So you could say that any mobile suit that Amuro pilots is a Gundam because of him
>>
>>15802727
The hobby variants are sold everywhere while the real ones are harder to get. It's like the difference between buying a cap gun versus a real gun
>>
>>15802734

Proof? What private citizen that isn't connected to Anaheim has one?
>>
>>15802748
that's the goofy colored Hi-Zak in CCA
>>
>>15802765

I meant proof real ones could be bought with a bit of effort, since I stated myself the Hobby variants were available.
>>
>>15802773
Hayato had a bunch of mobile suits. Although that may be because he owned a museum but they worked fine
>>
>>15802382
>white base is a military crew
They're not.
The crew of white base wasn't full of soldiers, they were just people in unfortunate circumstances trying to survive and find a home.
It's not until they're deep into the war that they decide to see it through til the end
>>
>>15802734
>the real ones are harder to get
Judau's group were a bunch of highschoolers who specialized in obtaining MS & MS parts.
I doubt it's that hard to own one.
>>
>>15802846
Side 1 is a where all the trash is thrown so it makes sense. Pretty sure all they found were Zaku parts
>>
>>15802784

They worked fine because the museum was a front for Karaba. Also, Karaba is the Earth based equivalent of AEUG, so they're probably funded by Anaheim Electronics just like AEUG.
>>
>>15802773
Did you not watch ZZ? There is an entire secondhand/ black market for stolen and salvaged mobile suit parts as well as military equipment. Shangri-La was notorious for it.
>>
>>15802861
Hayato owned the museum long before he joined Karaba
>>
>>15801881
The RX-78 looks really pitiful there
>>
>>15802888
It kind of reminds me of yamcha.
>>
>>15802881

Were the mobile suits usable and weaponized then though?
>>
>>15802871

> blackmarket
> stolen

I used the word legally for a reason.
>>
>>15802920
Katz said he piloted them
>>
>>15802081
Did you even watch the fucking show?
The federation wasn't exactly handing beam rifles like candy at this point.

That said the gundams better armor is advantageous in melee.

Cant shoot a beam rifle if your gelgoog is missing its arms.
>>
>>15802976
Also the Gelgoog had no internal weapons so if you disarmed someone like Amuro did to Char then they're fucked. It's still a really good suit since the Zeon Remnants still used them
>>
>>15802920

Are tanks in museums drivable? Probably *some* of the ones in really good condition
>>
>>15803020
They are usually demilled before being put in a museum. You could get them into combat shape again but would take a full refit.
>>
>>15801881
That's what Katz assumed he did
>>
>>15803056
Are you saying that Battleship might have been inaccurate?
>>
>>15802401
>>15802426
>>15802452
Love CDA and its already complete, git gud.
>>
File: page044.jpg (442KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
page044.jpg
442KB, 800x1200px
>>15802401
>Char's Deleted Affair confirms that the combat data from Amuro's Gundam was used in all future Federation mobile suits, much to Char's annoyance.
Except for the fact that the GMs deployed in that battle were specially updated with incomplete battle data, and no other Feddy MS deployed after that point in the manga displayed the same kind of enhanced movement.
>>
Do you think the RX-78-2 paint scheme was because it was a technology demonstrator model?
>>
>>15802401
I mean it is technically non-canon, but yeah by the time it was at Jaburo, I'm sure they had taken a copy of the combat data, to help develop future suits.
>>
>>15802844
Except they had all been conscripted into the Military, once they arrived at Jaburo.
>>
>>15803195
So what exactly is the data, or what does it do? Does the suit have preprogrammed evasive maneuvers based on Amuro's movements or something?
>>
>>15803267
It's referred to as parade colours for a reason.
>>
>>15802773
>>15802871
It's been a few years since I watched Zeta, but when Reccoa was infiltrating Scirocco's ship didn't she use an old gelgoog and claim to be a collector that got stranded?
>>
>>15803650
Yes, and no one batted an eye when they examined the Gelgoog and said it was just a modern rebuild.
>>
>>15801881
It's just a machine. One of the smallest yet most obvious points the show makes is that the Gundam is just a weapon and nobody has any emotional attachment to it.
>>
>>15802394
>shitty movies
Oh shut the fuck up queer
The show version hasn't been Canon since CCA
Go to Japan and ask around, nobody's given much of a fuck about the tv version for years and years
Misguided wapanese are the fucking worst
>>
>>15803267
One of the Ace Combat games had this particular F-15, and a Flanker painted red. Good times.
>>
>>15803809
The zeeks are rather attached to it though
>>
>>15803901
Wrong since the reruns of 0079 have the highest ratings Gundam has ever gotten
>>
>>15802017
The Federation never recovered that Core Fighter. It was eventually found nearly 70 years later by a fringe Jupiter Empire division that was working on the Bio-Brain technology and the battle data was uploaded into a single Amakusa's Bio-Brain before Judau and the Crossbone Vanguard raided the facility to destroy it. The Amuro-Amakusa fended off Judah and the Vanguard until it was damaged beyond repair, then it evolved into a newtype to connect to Judau and Tobia's minds as it died, matching Amuro's evolution.
>>
>>15804710
...That's if you consider the mangas canon. It can go both ways.

>>15803667
I don't think she said it was a modern rebuild, just that she didn't bring enough fuel.
>>
>>15806135
>I don't think she said it was a modern rebuild, just that she didn't bring enough fuel.
In the scene, Reccoa says it's a restored original MS, and is pretending to be an MS collector.

https://youtu.be/erouSQy5ULA?t=798
>>
File: yamchagundam.png (372KB, 952x308px) Image search: [Google]
yamchagundam.png
372KB, 952x308px
>>
>>15806430
literally pottery
>>
File: gundamoriginal.jpg (19KB, 209x400px) Image search: [Google]
gundamoriginal.jpg
19KB, 209x400px
>>15803267
The original Gundam was colored like pic related (eventually just referred to as the prototype Gundam in MSV). The main reason they went with the blue/red/yellow scheme was to make it more appealing as a toy.
>>
>>15806443
No, you're thinking of the G3 colors, not the Prototype Gundam colors.
>>
>>15802065

So you're saying that Amuro made the 'Gundam' for Haros, and the mass-produced ones are GM Haros?
>>
>>15806430
ymacha's been yamcha'd
>>
>>15801980
>probably (x3)

Your fanfic sucks
>>
>>15802728
>ore wa gundamu
>>
>>15806430
Gundam's last fight wasn't pathetic though
>>
It's pretty damn likely that the remains of the suit were recovered.

The coreblock had the learning computer so I doubt the Federation was able to recover that. By the end of the war, the rx-78 was massively outdated and beyond keeping the remains as part of a museum there was likely no point to keeping it.
>>
>>15806398
Huh, and I literally just finished Zeta a few weeks back. Weird how I forgot that.
>>
>>15802006
The gelgog was much better, but by the time they were developed the zeons had no one of actual skill to pilot them. A Boa was a slaughter for the zeons because they just gave fresh recruits mechs and told them to fight
>>
>>15801881

It's not like he wanted to, really. But he could only escape A Bao Qu in the Core Fighter, because the Gundam was totalled. In fact, the Core Fighter was totalled, too!

What, was he supposed to rebuild it beneath his home while he was on house arrest? This ain't Gundam Seed Destiny, mate.
>>
>>15801881

You know real pilots don't get to keep their jets, right?
>>
>>15803622

Not only that, but it likely keeps track of known enemy formations and tactics. The relative stats of known enemy suits. All of this likely factors into the machine's ability to lock onto/stay locked on targets.

Perhaps there's some sort of evasive system installed as well.
>>
File: Amuro, Gundam.png (965KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Amuro, Gundam.png
965KB, 960x720px
IKIMAAAAAAAS
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.