[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Virtual-On....Raildex?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

http://gematsu.com/2017/08/certain-magical-virtual-introduces-first-characters-virtuaroids-fourth-weapon

>The latest issue of Dengeki PlayStation has new details on A Certain Magical Virtual-On, Sega’s upcoming battle action game crossover for PlayStation 4 and PS Vita.

>A Certain Magical Virtual-On sees the giant robots known as Virtuaroids from Sega’s Cyber Troopers Virtual-On action game series collide with the A Certain Magical Index Dengeki Bunko light novel series written by Kazuma Kamachi and themed after academy battles between users of unusual powers. It is also the first completely new Cyber Trooper Virtual-On title in 15 years.

It's like the ultimate fusion of /a/, /v/, /m/ and I don't know how to feel about it.
>>
>>15801238
Can't say I'm a big fan of Index, but I hope it plays well.

I like that they're drawing the designs from Oratorio Tangram.
>>
So who gets apharmd?
>>
File: v06.jpg (1MB, 2258x1200px) Image search: [Google]
v06.jpg
1MB, 2258x1200px
>>15801238
The crossover novel was good. Now we just got to wait and see the gameplay and roster.
>>15801389
Saten is getting Apharmd-S, and I assume the other versions will be saved for characters that haven't appeared in the crossover.
>>
>>15801238
Hopefully it'll be successful enough for SEGA to make more Virtual-On games again.

As for Raildex, I haven't watched any of it, but I do know that Last Order and Accelerator are adorable.
>>
>>15801393
i cried when Mikoto died
>>
File: 2.jpg (186KB, 704x900px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
186KB, 704x900px
It's Katoki who ordered this, isn't it.
Guy draws mecha all the time but he is secretly a moe-fag.
>>
>>15801740
I forgot where the interview is but apparently it was the setting that drew them in. I don't blame them, Index has one of the best settings around.
>>
>>15801393
>The crossover novel
Link?
>>
>>15801821
https://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/index.php?title=Toaru_Majutsu_no_Index:Virtual_On
>>
Isn't this old news? I remember when the trailer dropped and got a ton of hate because both fanbases were pissed to get a weird crossover instead of a proper new installment of their respective franchises.
>>
>>15801829
Actually Raildexfags were hyped as fuck.
>>
>>15801829
Well I don't know about VO but the Index fanbase was mad because it wasn't the season 3 we wanted, but we don't have a problem with VO because we really liked the crossover.
>>
We need more future team robot sports anyway.
>>
>>15801829
Nothing will piss off the Raildex fanbase more than the Heavy Object anime announcement
>tease an announcement for something for one of Kamachi's LNs in an event
>in said event they have the chick who sang the OPs sing them in order
>the announcement was Heavy Object being adapted
Maximum cocktease. Who thought announcing the HO anime like that was a good idea?
>>
File: HO_v13_006-008.jpg (415KB, 1924x1046px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v13_006-008.jpg
415KB, 1924x1046px
>>15801884
I hope a few HO characters make it into the game, perhaps as DLC characters. It'd be a crime to leave them out.
>>
>>15801884
Holy shit, fuck that announcement. I remember being briefly convinced we were somehow getting HO and Index 3 at the same time even as the PV played. It didn't even make me happy as an HOfag because all they did was throw the series into a shitstorm it didn't deserve.
>>
>>15801740
He did illustrate the crossover novel too, that doesn't sound too unlikely.
>>
What have the mods done?
>>
>>15802165

Barely anything. We're fine.
>>
>>15801238
So it's just Virtual-On with some shit tacked on? I'll take it. Is Index any good?
>>
>>15802180
The anime is okay at best, has some moments where it shines but that's mostly towards the end of season 2. Railgun has more slice of life to it but the first 16 episodes of Railgun S are done pretty damn well, it's worth powering through season 1 to see it. The light novel gets good where the anime ends up until the end of OT, then it continues on with the title "New Testament". I'd give it a read if you want to see what happens next. Railgun manga is also a fun read.
The link to the crossover novel is already in this thread, you should try that too since it's the most relevant to /m/. There's also going to be a manga adaptation of the crossover coming this fall, so you can just wait for that if novels aren't your thing.
>>
File: HO_v08_213.jpg (144KB, 1090x1600px) Image search: [Google]
HO_v08_213.jpg
144KB, 1090x1600px
>>15802180
The anime is a bit dated, but it's a solid urban fantasy with some of the best punches around. If season 3 ever gets announced I'd really recommend it since that's when the crazy shit happens. Also Index and a couple of the other novels by the same author have some really cool mech design ideas like the Repliglass in Blood Sign and I'm quite fond of the Object designs in Heavy Object.
>>
>>15802676
>HO artist never uploads character and mecha designs anywhere like Haimura and Mahaya
Just kill me.
>>
>>15802180
Index is good if you like watching a clueless guy somehow bullshit his way through all sorts of weird shit using only his right hand
>>
>>15802180
Index is pretty stand light novel bullshit.
>>
>>15802925
better than most in the end
>>
>>15802983
What do you mean in the end? The author just keeps on adding characters so he has something to write.
>>
>>15801238
This is kinda old news that this was coming.
But cool to see who gets which mech.
>>
>>15804216
a lot of the characters he added practically exist to do world building and see how people are outside of AC and such, and the ones that are really important to the plot for the most part was foreshadowed(like magic gods and GRS) but funny enough that you mention this considering the latest arc consists mostly of old characters
>>
File: 1503551691567.jpg (817KB, 1685x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503551691567.jpg
817KB, 1685x1080px
>>
>>15806383
points?
>>
>>15806396
They changed the scoring system to a point-based one.
>>
>>15806396
They're basing it on the novels version of Virtual On matches which is points based
>>
I have no idea what this Raildex thing is but a new Virtual On is always welcome. As long as it plays as good as VOOT I can let slip all the other stuff.

I wonder if Sega is bringing VO back because the Gundam VS success in Japan?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.