[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kikaider thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: 1498791034544.png (300KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498791034544.png
300KB, 800x600px
A thread for discussing all things Kikaider. Suppose that includes the Hakaider film from the 90s. But don't you dare talk about Metalder.
>>
>>15800935
Look I know he's not official but come on can't we just love Metalder for being a loving homage to a good franchise?
>>
>>15800947
OP is probably just putting off that one dude that has to let everyone know how much he loves Metalder literally every single time Kikaider is mentioned.
>>
What seperates Kikaider from Metalheroes/Kamen Rider. How does it stand out.
>>
>>15801793
The toku version? Similar in some ways to the original Kamen Rider, Jiro's an android who yearns to be human but he acts like your typical 70s morally upright protagonist. The only wrinkle is the bad guys have a way of turning him into a berserk monster every now and then. The whole inner struggle between his good and evil side is done better in the manga, the biggest difference between Kikaider and Kamen Rider is that I'd say Kikaider's manga is far better than the TV adaptation by a large margin. With KR it's the reverse. He goes around with Mitsuko and Masaru, and Hanpei provides comic relief; he's way younger here than he is in the manga or anime version.

Action's not as good as 1971 Kamen Rider but Gill and Hakaider are really really strong antagonists. Hakaider in particular, he's the original badass evil rival character in tokusatsu. You know what Black Ox and GR-2 are to giant robots? Hakaider's that to toku villains. He was big influence on Apollo Geist in Kamen Rider X, and on Top Gunder in Metalder, Mad Gallant in Juspion and Bill Goldy in Janperson. Bio Hunter Silva in Bioman is literally just Toei's OC DONUT STEEL version of Hakaider, right down to his fucking catchphrase.

The sequel ups the stakes with four Hakaiders but none off them are as cool as the original. Kikaider 01's the direct sequel, it's fine. Really cool when the Kikaider Brothers team up, but just fine for the most part.
>>
>>15801862
>Action's not as good as 1971 Kamen Rider
It may not be as good but it's still visually entertaining in its own way. Kenji Ohba went all out on backward cartwheels and shit as the suit actor.
>>
File: MURDERBOT.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MURDERBOT.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>15801793
>What seperates Kikaider from Metalheroes/Kamen Rider. How does it stand out.
He's basically a henshin hero from the 70's. But it's metal related with MH (an armored cyborg). Almost same shit for Hakaider and Mikadroid movies.
>>
>>15801975
>Hakaider and Mikadroid
Metal-Villains.
>>
Kikaider's transformation is really cool
>>
>>15801975
>Mikadroid
I will never know what to make out of that movie. It is just kind of bizarre and almost random. I never watched many Jap old horror movies to know if this is the way they generally do this kind of movie or if it was the director that decided go full experimental. But I would say that it have the two funniest deaths I ever seen in a slasher, and that that one scene in the pension made me stay in the edge of my seat expecting some sudden shit to happen.
>>
>>15801862
>With KR it's the reverse
I don't know about that. The manga for the original Kamen Rider isn't as good as the excellent manga for Kamen Rider Black, but it's pretty good.

The Kikaider manga is great though and easily eclipses the toku show. The anime also manages to improve on the manga in some respects.
>>
>>15800935
I thought the anime series was good, the OVAs not so much.
>>
>>15802260
What were the issues with the OVAs?
>>
>>15802263
Not him but they're much more focused on action than the TV series and lose pretty much all of the atmosphere and unique soundtrack for something a lot more generic.
>>
>>15802263
Didn't like them, they were focused a bit too much on the action
>>
>>15802267
>>15802268
IIRC, the 01 OVA (including the manga) was more focused on Jiro(Kikaider) as the protagonist than Ichiro(01).
>>
>>15802274
It was, which was beneficial for the overall story. Especially in the manga which didn't have the pacing issues that the OVA does that >>15802267 notes.
>>
Does anyone know of mega folders for kikaider and kikaider 01? The torrents are dead.
>>
>>15801862
>With KR it's the reverse.
Manga is still better than anything past the first 13 episodes.
>>
File: B9CJ6dVIgAQL0I3.jpg (53KB, 600x440px) Image search: [Google]
B9CJ6dVIgAQL0I3.jpg
53KB, 600x440px
>>
>>15802902
what happens after that
>>
>>15803044
Nothing. All substance is gone afterwards.
>>
>>15803044
Hongo disappears for a good chunk of the series due to Fujioka's accident and gets replaced by Ichimonji. The whole tone of the series changes too for some reason.

It's not terrible IMO, but it's disappointing if you were expecting it to keep the dark tone of the early episodes.
>>
>>15803124
It was a necessary evil, supposedly the ratings weren't particularly good until the tone changed with Ichimonji's introduction.

The real tragedy was losing that beautiful original suit, a problem made tenfold worse fifty or so episodes in when they replaced the leather with the cheaper material.
>>
>>15803132
It's a shame that when we get better helmets, we lose the leather suits.
>>
>>15800935
I've been watching the show for the 45th anniversary, but I stopped on episode 12 and haven't gotten around to finishing it. I DO have the entire series on DVD, so I should finish it.

Also, I REALLY hope that Build is going to have a Kikaider crossover. It's never gonna fucking happen, but damn I'd be happy.
>>
>>15803132
The ratings were already great, it's just that it skyrocketed after the change. And even surpassed Return of Ultraman at times, which was the main competition at the time.
>>
>>15803159
>tfw we will never see Kikaider and Build fight together against Hakaider and Night Rouge
>>
>>15803159
>>15803167
Does the guy from the Kikaider reboot still have a contract with them? New Gavan's kept getting appearances here and there despite his own movie flopping, it might not be too much of a stretch for reboot Kikaider to make an appearance for Build. Or even the original if they've still got the remade suits lying around from the Kamen Rider 40th anniversary movie.
>>
>>15803167
Fanart anon. There'll always been fanart.
>>
File: Kikaider 01.jpg (39KB, 380x300px) Image search: [Google]
Kikaider 01.jpg
39KB, 380x300px
Thoughts on Kikaider 01's design?
>>
>>15802260
I found the OVAs to be a jarring transition from the show but I really loved the build up to the end.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.