[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do children just make better pilots? Yeah, yeah, all that shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1341011467413.png (654KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1341011467413.png
654KB, 1680x1050px
Do children just make better pilots?

Yeah, yeah, all that shit about being a child-soldier fucks them up, but still, for the organization, are children the best bet for good mecha pilots?
>>
>>15799704
No.
>>
File: IMG_2640.jpg (38KB, 315x467px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2640.jpg
38KB, 315x467px
Well no
>>
>>15799704
No.
Amuro and Kamille were only so good because they were newtypes.
>>
>>15799743
Amuro awakened his newtype powers near the end though
>>
>>15799704
The best pilots are 16 years olds that look like they're 35 years old
>>
>>15799750
He still had the propensity, which people like Matilda could see throughout the series.
>>
>>15799771
Still you can't deny that he's a really good pilot on his own
>>
>>15799704
I'm waiting for the show that uses child pilots because of limited tech/space and they can fit in the cockpits
Then they're discarded once they get too big
>>
The best pilots have space autism
>>
>>15799704
Of course not. Do you remember being a child? Do you remember sucking at everything? Children suck at everything. The only reason to use them as pilots is if you're on a show whose target demographic is children.
>>
>>15799836
>they get too big

Unlikely to survive that long
>>
>>15799969

NGE target demographic is not children
>>
>>15799704
Why is Asuka so fuckable?
>>
>>15799704
Of course not. The only reason they were used was some hormone and spirit thing the plot barely explained. Just a gateway to disaster.

>>15799974
It is surprisingly. So is Death Note.
>>
>>15800029
Neither Death Note nor NGE are meant for children. "shounen" is a broad term that includes preteens and teens along with 5 year olds
>>
>>15800002

She's 14, Anon
>>
They say at one point that children are the only people who can pilot Evas but never explain why. Though for Shinji and Asuka at least their moms' souls are in their Evas but why only the children can pilot and not other relatives (like Gendo), I don't know.
>>
>>15799704
In NGE, the pilots could ONLY be teenagers because of unspecified reasons.

In real life, no. Adults over 20 are generally better to work with. Temperament is more mild, it's easier to what habits they have formed, and are done with puberty.
>>
>>15800262

It's not that they can only be teenages it's that all EVA pilots have to be soulless in order to sync with their unit.

This means only those born after First Impact are eligible to pilot and in 2015 it was 14 years after First Impact meaning the oldest candidates were 14.

If NGE had taken place in 2021, all the pilots would be 20.
>>
>>15799969
>Of course not. Do you remember being a child? Do you remember sucking at everything? Children suck at everything.
Bullshit, we just don't indoctrinate them into doing only one thing as their sole reason for existing. A child taught only how to play the violin is going to be a REALLY good violin player, primarily because you'll beat them every time you make an error until they associate errors with pain.
>>
>>15799775
He was shit; the Gundam was just technologically superior to all the Zakus
>>
>>15800286
Where was it ever said that those born after the Second (not First) Impact have no souls?
>>
>>15800305
None. Anon is spouting a very popular myth.

There is no reason stated. They just imply that what ever it is, children need to pilot it.
>>
>>15800299
are you retarded? do you people not realize anything about actual combat situations, you dont want mindless conditioned cannonfodder to pilot expensive sophisticated machines.

Children lack the mental development to make good soldiers, least of all pilots which if jet aircraft are to go would take alot of teamwork, and high level spatial thinking, combined with perspective and maturity to pilot. Children lack alot of this. Training them early to play instruments and do physical tasks gives them an advantage in the development of muscle memory and discipline, but it doesnt necessarily result in a lot of initiative and free thinking.
>>
>>15800336
>are you retarded? do you people not realize anything about actual combat situations, you dont want mindless conditioned cannonfodder to pilot expensive sophisticated machines.
I don't see why not considering SEELE wants 3rd Impact to happen anyway. Not to mention Rei WAS mindless conditioned cannonfodder for most of the series and worked fine because if they died they would just replace her.
>>
>>15799974
>>15800161
NGE's target demographic is children. It has Hello Kitty crossovers and toddler clothes. As well as a ride at Universal Studios.
>>
>>15800481
Huh, that's pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8q7K6fBPyk
>>
>>15800481
I think the target demographic became children with the Rebuild movies. I don't know who else would enjoy them
>>
>>15800527
Nah, it was always aimed at children. Just like Nadia was.
>>
>>15800527
So has the narrative become "Evangelion was good before the Rebuild movies" rather than "Evangelion sucks"?
>>
>>15800537
For some people. I think the whole franchise is shit, but I see why angsty teens and muh waifu neckbeards would like the original show because I went through both of those phases myself, sadly.

The Rebuilds I got nothing out of even when I was an Eva fan. But I stopped being an Eva fan before 3.0 came out and I haven't watched it yet and don't plan on doing so, but I appreciate that Anno did try and do something different even though he apparently fucked up really badly
>>
>>15800553
I liked 3.0. It certainly is different and is the first of the movies to be a complete departure from the original show but I'm interested in where the story is going. And whether it will end up tying in with the original series/EoE since there are things here and there that might hint at that. I'm not a person that generally outright hates things (like some people that every new entry in a series is claimed to fuck it up or be the worst part of the series) and I'm enjoying the ride regardless of where it goes. I'm more likely to drop something if I get bored with it rather than because I feel like it's destroying the series or whatever people believe about the Rebuild movies.

Though I only just watched it the other day. If I'd have watched the Rebuild movies as they came out I might have been pissed at how long they (and 4.0) are taking.
>>
>>15800252
I vaguely remember that relating to second impact, like they were born that year or something
>>
realistically speaking, as it relates to real life analog like planes, a child who has been flying since they were physically and mentally capable is probably better than someone who started at age 22.

But that's only because the more you do something, the better you typically get at it. All the best athletes in the world started when they were children and had expert coaching to guide their development. Same case could probably be made for children and piloting.

That does not explain a 16 year old autist falling into the cockpit of your secret powerful prototype and wrecking shit against trained enemies two weeks later.
>>
>>15800236
No, that's only part of why.
>>
>>15800029
they were used because the EVA units had their mothers inside in the cases of shinji and asuka
>>
>>15803888
Yep, EVAs apparently require pilot's mother's soul to function / synchronize properly. Kids in Shinji's class were all allegedly motherless, too. All pilots were born in the same year 2nd impact happened, there was some more explanation to it but I don't remember.
>>
in eva, the pilots are children because their mums are inside the robots which allows them to sync with the evas better, plus they are at an emotionally vulnerable state because they are 14 or some shit like that. thats the only reason why they are kids, the meta reason was either to sell toys or it was because every other mecha show has kids piloting, or at least the ones anno had a hardon over did (ideon and gundam).

in gundam the children only make good pilots because of that newtype shit and the fact that the pilots are autistic about robotics before piloting. amuro was a tech whiz and kamille was trying to prove he wasnt a pussy by piloting mobile suits in his spare time. judau was a shit pilot from the get go and only got good because he was a newtype.

in short, no, children dont make better pilots. as >>15799737 points out, yazan wiped out almost everyone in zeta gundam and he wasnt even a newtype, let alone a child.
>>
>>15800887
Gundam was a superior MS for most of the show so that gave Amuro time to get good at piloting
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.