[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Boosters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 1398704755537.jpg (171KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1398704755537.jpg
171KB, 1191x670px
How come when MS keep their thrusters on they don't just keep going faster and if they're going the speed they want why keep them on full blast? Asking because I'm a literal retard that can't seem to fully grasp this basic concept.
>>
File: great again.jpg (7KB, 261x193px) Image search: [Google]
great again.jpg
7KB, 261x193px
>>15798357
>How come when MS keep their thrusters on they don't just keep going faster and if they're going the speed they want why keep them on full blast?

Because you're trying to apply real-world logic to cartoons.
>>
>>15798357

The orbital mechanics in Gundam have never made sense. Why does it take so long for the Argama to get to the Earth from the moon? Why does it take the ship in IBO only a few months to get to Earth from Mars? If they have ships that can float above the surface without any visible use of propellant, why don't they have, like, a constant acceleration drive?

The only thing I've seen that's remotely interesting (and I only know this stuff from a long time in Kerbal) was that spinning launch platform from Turn-A.
>>
>>15798374
because you don't know movement strategy and detection avoidance
>>
>>15798374

> Why does it take so long for the Argama to get to the Earth from the moon?

Doesn't it take a few days? Seems reasonable given roughly current acceleration and thrust technology, which despite having miniature reactors and so on, is what Gundam has in terms of thrusters as far as I recall.
>>
>>15798374
>Why does it take the ship in IBO only a few months to get to Earth from Mars?
They turn around and go to Jupiter after they meet the Turbines, otherwise it's implied it doesn't take long at all to get between Earth and Mars, likely because of constant acceleration.
>>
>>15798611
he will ask about technology used for keep ship floating on earth which require "constant acceleration" and why did they didn't use that technology to move to the moon faster if you answer like that
>>
File: 1481763933025.png (368KB, 633x480px) Image search: [Google]
1481763933025.png
368KB, 633x480px
>>15798357
>>
>>15798621
I'll just solve that before it comes up, then: Because that thing can take advantage of all the reaction mass that is literally everywhere on Earth, whereas in space you have to conserve your propellant and therefore can't have constant acceleration.
>>
>>15798357
No, no, you're not being stupid. Sometimes Gundam animates the thruster as being always on, because having that plume of blue plasma shooting out the back of your giant robot looks cool. But you're right, having that always on would cause them to keep accelerating, wasting all the reaction mass they had stored. They don't always do this, sometimes they animate the rockets right, but it does look pretty dumb when they're kept on all the time.
>>
>>15798374
Did they have to take certain paths to avoid detection and actually get there or some shit like that?
>>
>>15798357
If I ever met you in real life, I would pretend to be your friend, and then I would come into your house under a friendly guise and break all your gunpla, and computer. I would steal your money, and leave you for broke.
>>
>>15798357
Because MSs despite being in a weightless environment, they still have mass, and mass needs energy to move around.
Although it is possible to minimize thrust er activity, Uso Ewin did so at times to surprise enemies because it made it harder to track him. Uso is also a supernaturally good pilot, so it's probably not amateur stuff.
>>
It's nowhere near realistic, but I just handwaved it as there being little to no need to save fuel during combat operations and dogfighting, as well as the fact that you don't want to simply be cruising at a constant speed just so some guy can snipe you across the battlefield because it was really easy to lead the shot.

I mean, starfields arranged in sorta geometric shapes are not realistic either.
>>
File: temp.webm (3MB, 1830x988px) Image search: [Google]
temp.webm
3MB, 1830x988px
>"wind" blowing the engineers off of the ship
>>
>>15798357

I always wondered if MS have some failsafe where they are unable to perform any action that they cannot counter with their remaining fuel. Like I'd be terrified of flying away from some badguy 3x fast then running out of fuel and hurtling through space forever.
>>
>>15798374
Minovsky crafts generate lift by pushing against the atmosphere somehow. Not sure it actual produces enough thrust to move large objects quickly. Ships in Gundam are already plenty fast. By ZZ Judau's trip to Jupiter will only take half a year or something
>>
>>15800968
Gasses produced by the dangerously close thrusters
>>
>>15800979
But if the gas coming from the backpack thrusters pushed them away, then it should have sent them into the background, not toward the foreground
>>
>>15801908

the shoulder vernier fired really close to them when it buzzed them, so its not impossible for it to blow them forward depending on how much force those can exert
>>
>>15798357
The real reason is that it provides an easy visual to show something moving.

>>15800951
>starfields arranged in sorta geometric shapes
That's a viewscreen mode. I think it's in Unicorn, but there's a shot where someone switches over to it. I think it's meant to be like a "search" function.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.