[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mecha: Immense Warfare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: Jager.png (128KB, 355x239px) Image search: [Google]
Jager.png
128KB, 355x239px
So I've been working on a mecha themed card game for a while (pic related). You can find the rules and current list of cards at mecha.krgamestudios.com. I'll be picking it back up again tomorrow, when I start a business course, leading into marketing this thing.

Any questions and feedback is welcome!
>>
File: Drill Mole.png (88KB, 355x239px) Image search: [Google]
Drill Mole.png
88KB, 355x239px
Some of the card art I have so far is pretty cute, but unfortunately I'll have to replace it due to ownership issues (never go into business with a friend).
>>
File: Interdiction.png (294KB, 710x478px) Image search: [Google]
Interdiction.png
294KB, 710x478px
The difference in art style between the artists is quite jarring, I know. But I'm workong with what I have.
>>
File: Mod Bot.png (461KB, 710x478px) Image search: [Google]
Mod Bot.png
461KB, 710x478px
Let me know if you want to see more.
>>
>>15798144
Well that art looks crude and amateurish with no thought given to composition and perspective construction

Since the main appeal of mechas is that they look cool, why didn't you try to make the art look cool?
>>
File: obari as fuck.jpg (102KB, 480x840px) Image search: [Google]
obari as fuck.jpg
102KB, 480x840px
>>15798144
I think you have potential, but these cards are severely lacking in a couple of things:

>good linework
>cool poses
>unique designs

The first image you posted looks like Gipsy Danger with Metroid attached. Then your second one looks like a Megaman character. It seems to be a bit inconsistent.

But I think your greatest weakness is definitely the posing. If you could give these robots some obari as fuck poses, then people would likely be willing to look past the shading and linework.

I do like your coloring though, just keep practicing.
>>
>>15798144
The other anons are right, you need real line work. Robots like these exist on hard lines and the kind of soft drawings that you might use to portray an animal or a little cartoon character won't work. Good art is at least half of getting your cards to sell, and that includes having a pleasant layout and consistent design.

I haven't looked thru the rules but I appreciate you coming to share this. Your site reminds me of a lot of the old printout tabletop game sites I used to visit.
>>
>>15798161
Literally every trading card game has different artists doing each card. It's not jarring at all, in fact I personally find it quite charming and adds diversity.
>>
What is the purpose of the grid?

Also I hope those are tiny cards because two sets of five rows will have trouble fitting on a table.
>>
make a VF-1 and have Harmony Gold "sue" you
>>
>>15798236
Hmm... "Look Cool" I hadn't thought of that as a primary factor.

>>15798606
This is Amateur work from two artists, not me. I'll add poses as a focus. Sadly, one artist dropped out and I'll need to replace her stuff. This card is actually called "Jaeger", and is a deliberate omage.

>>15799882
Hard line work, OK. Thanks, the website actually is my handiwork, and I wanted to make it deliberately easy to use on a phone.

>>15799905
I don't quite understand what you mean. What are you referring to?
>>
What's the longest range I can get on a mech/pilot combo?
>>
>>15800864
You can move one space normally, but there are ways to move further. Same with range. I think the most you can push it is about 6 spaces.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.