[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>comets go like zoom fukkin heart breaking man do i love zeta

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: zoom.png (802KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
zoom.png
802KB, 1366x768px
>comets go like zoom

fukkin heart breaking man do i love zeta
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4D3jwSYpEc
>>
File: q.png (132KB, 377x276px) Image search: [Google]
q.png
132KB, 377x276px
>>15797152
Unironically one of my favorite endings to a show ever. They way the treated Kamille in ZZ was great, too. Melancholy.
>>
Probably one of the worst endings of all time, I know you like tragedy Tomino, but reseting your character like that IS bad writing.
>>
>TFW without Kamille, Char went full manchild
>>
>>15797152
I liked Zeta but the ending didn't make me sad at all, it was just like "ok". I can't feel sad about Tomino series, I can enjoy them but his characters are not that well written to feel bad about them.

Victory is the same, everyone dies and maybe Odelo was the only one I thought could've been nice if he survived

I felt more in this episode than the "sad" Tomino ones
>>
>>15798295
It's not the characters It's that the deaths are anti-climatic because he tends to just rush it and
>wew they ded
>wew this happen
The entire Zeta finale is anti-climatic because it feels like Tomino remembered he had to end it 5 episodes before
>>
>tfw you don't live in the timeline where Kamille is in CCA
>>
>>15798344
There would be no CCA if Kamile survived. ZZ would instead be about him and Char kicking Haman's ass.
>>
>>15797240
One of the few things I think ZZ did right. It gave Kamille a happy ending.
>>
>>15799513
didn't a New Translation do that as well?
>>
>>15799780
Yeah, but New Translation was pretty shit.
>>
>>15797249
>resetting your character
It wouldn't have been resetting your character if ZZ hadn't happened. On it's own it's a "fate worse than death" sort of thing.
>>
>>15800949
The thing is that if it is a "fate worse than death" is bad because ZZ pretty much retcon this.
Even f Kamille recuperated from being vegetable is still bad because then, what was the point?
>>
>>15798295
In Victory you feel bad for the ones who keep on living

Except that shrike girl holding the thing. God damn that was harsh
>>
>>15798295
I don't find Tomino's stuff to be particularly sad. As in he's not out to emotionally manipulate me. But it's very somber, or maybe depressing. I found the ending of Zeta to be very grim and left me feeling empty more than thrilled. In contrast MSG's ending was a great emotional catharsis watching Amuro float back to his friends, apologizing to Lalah because he has somewhere to return to. It's a moment that puts into perspective that everyone lost their homes and were military vagabonds fighting for their lives the entire show.

But Zeta's ending just feels like Kamille went insane and he became a hypocrite, talking about how some people don't deserve to live and that he would be the ones to kill them. He's not wrong desu, but it felt like he grew harshly out of his non-violent phase that he had been cultivating in the midpart of the show. The mind break is just the icing on the cake. It's kind of shitty, like mean-spirited.
>>
>>15800973
>what was the point?
War sucks. Bad things happen to good people.Typical Tomino stuff.
>>
>>15801046
If he wanted to make that point he shouldn't have Kamille ok again in ZZ.
Meanig that him being a vegetable really didn't matter.
>>
>>15801051
Kamille still wasn't all there at the end of his character arc, and he was still scarred from his experience with war.
>>
>>15801052
Then just for him to not appear in CCA...
Considering that he said that he has a duty as a man, it just doesn't feel right just taking him out of the history like that.
>>
>>15798361
>ZZ would instead be about him and Char kicking Haman's ass.
I want this
>>
>>15801166
iirc it's said somewhere(prolly a manga or novel), that Kamille became a medic.

Even once he eventually recovered, he probably didn't want to fight again. His war was over.
>>
>what's the point of getting injured if you recover from it
>>
File: spacebat.jpg (40KB, 399x546px) Image search: [Google]
spacebat.jpg
40KB, 399x546px
>>15798311
war and death are anti-climatic sometimes you just die, sometimes you get space-newtype-PTSD. so it goes.
>>
>>15803788
>the ground is too soft
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.