[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Napping Princess ~ Hirune Hime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 10

File: napping-princess-2.jpg (63KB, 681x919px) Image search: [Google]
napping-princess-2.jpg
63KB, 681x919px
That was a great mecha film. Unexpectedly. A mecha film.
>>
OK? There isnt even a rip is there?
>>
File: 1.jpg (334KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
334KB, 2000x2000px
>>15796491
I watched it at the local (UK) cinema. Hooray.

The film came out in March in Japan and this hasn't been scanned yet. For shame.
>>
File: 2.jpg (339KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
339KB, 2000x2000px
>>15796511
>>
>>15796511
You cant really expect /m/ to leave its basement, Anon. How was the animation? It doesnt really look impressive from the trailer.
>>
File: 3.jpg (333KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
333KB, 2000x2000px
>>15796517
>>
File: 1035920-nappingprincess07-lr.jpg (50KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1035920-nappingprincess07-lr.jpg
50KB, 620x349px
>>15796519
Haven't seen the trailer. Personally I think it was great. No jarring or stiff movements at all. Though this is coming from an anime perspective - you can't really expect the Pixar level of smooth from anime.
>>
File: peach.jpg (64KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
peach.jpg
64KB, 720x405px
Dad was really cool.
BTW, it's written and directed by Kenji Kamiyama - the guy who wrote and directed Ghost in the Shell: SAC.
>>
File: 648x415.jpg (92KB, 648x415px) Image search: [Google]
648x415.jpg
92KB, 648x415px
I saw it last month in France, but I thought it was the worst movie I have watch so far this year (well until I saw Valerian of course).
The animation and the mecha design were ok though, except the really poor use of CG in some particular scenes (the flying sequence under the bridge is simply ugly). And I didn't really liked the chara-design

But the biggest problem was the plot, which make no sense.
I hate being that negative about something but I would advice to wait for a BRRip rather than paying anything to see this in theater.
>>
>>15796550
>the guy who wrote and directed Ghost in the Shell: SAC.

So it's completely boring, features long scenes of talking heads with not so much as lip flaps and just jacks off to how much better their waifu is at everyone in their specialties
>>
>>15796566
>But the biggest problem was the plot, which make no sense.
What exactly didn't make sense? It's basically a gender-bent Cat Girl Nuku Nuku scenario. Were the dream sequences too abstract for you?
>>
>>15796571
Quality posting there.

>jacks off to how much better their waifu is at everyone in their specialties
Say what?
>>
>>15796585

She's a better hacker than the team hacker, she's a better sniper than the team sniper, no one has anything but praise to say about how awesome she is at literally everything.
>>
>>15796599

Does this look anything like GitS, at all?
>>
File: 407522.jpg (89KB, 1600x899px) Image search: [Google]
407522.jpg
89KB, 1600x899px
>>15796581
It may be tough to provide precise examples.
Generally speaking the execution of the "traveling between dreams and reality" idea is off, nothing is clearly explained.
The climax for instance is a mess, we didn't know what's happening in the real world, but nonetheless hirune fall from nowhere without us knowing how she managed to get upstairs in the first place. This might sound like nitpicking but the whole movie suffer from similar problems.
>>
>>15796607
I think, rather than the plot, it's your mindset that is at fault. What have you even expected? To get a nice autism-friendly screening full characters churning out exposition and flashbacks?

>nothing is clearly explained
I take it that you want hyper-realism in all cinematic works and you hated Utena and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time too? Why does it NEED to be explained? It's a film about freaking MAGIC and bonds with your family that go beyond the grave.

>The climax for instance is a mess, we didn't know what's happening in the real world, but nonetheless hirune fall from nowhere without us knowing how she managed to get upstairs in the first place.
You want to be spoonfed at every corner, this makes me sad, anon. Did you watch it with no subs or French is not your first language? You don't even need a rewatch to get that: the beard guy took Kokone upstairs. She was either coerced or followed willingly while being half-asleep. Notice how surprised she is to find what is going on when she's about to fall. And the beard guy is getting arrested in the background. Not difficult to add two and two together.
>>
>>15796606
>Does this look anything like GitS, at all?

You're the one who brought it up
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>>15796804
This is what I get for not shout out my opinion from the start, I should have known better.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time established rules and then follow them. Hirune didn't. This is as simple as that.
What I was pointing out was simply bad writing, not realism. If you are okay with that, that's fine, but don't try to justify that by invoking magic, there is a lot of movies with both magic and consistent writing.

>the beard guy took Kokone upstairs
That is such a terrible idea that I didn't even think about it.So now instead of a terrible villain we have a terrible villain with a terrible logic. Sure this is a nice idea to carry an unconscious girl around in a crowded building and hope that no one will find that suspicious. That's also a great idea to bring the person you been chasing to the whole movie precisely where she wanted to be.
I am not asking for hyper realism, but for common sense at least from the 5 important characters of the film.

Not to mention the rest of the plot holes, but that okay, since it's a film about magic we can do whatever we want and get away with it.
>>
>>15796951
>Not to mention the rest of the plot holes
Like what?

>That is such a terrible idea
Why?

>Sure this is a nice idea to carry an unconscious girl around
Why are you jumping to conclusions that he carried her?!

You seem to use a lot of buzzwords ("bad writing", "consistent writing") without backing them up with examples or explanations, I'm starting to think you haven't watched the film at all.
>>
>>15796571
Haha
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.