[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Big-O thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Big-O.jpg (67KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Big-O.jpg
67KB, 500x375px
What does /m/ think about Big-O?
>>
>>15793363
A classic, one of my personal favorites.
>>
>>15793363
My favorite mech show.
Sad that it get's mentioned on /m/ quite a bit but rarely ever truly discussed.
But then again it's a single two-season show from 14 years ago.
>>
File: 1305282856269.png (82KB, 1077x700px) Image search: [Google]
1305282856269.png
82KB, 1077x700px
It's fucking great.
>>
>>15793363

Top notch existential horror show.
>>
File: the big o.jpg (14KB, 320x256px) Image search: [Google]
the big o.jpg
14KB, 320x256px
>>
He's BIG that must mean he has BIG Os. SHOW TIME!
>>
He's a pretty big guy
>>
>>15793363
That shitposting threads need to go
>>
File: He sees your Megadeus.jpg (24KB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
He sees your Megadeus.jpg
24KB, 427x320px
>MFW my shipping costs for the Soul of Chogokin rerelease
>>
File: 51XR9NNJX5L.jpg (38KB, 331x475px) Image search: [Google]
51XR9NNJX5L.jpg
38KB, 331x475px
>>15793363

I actually rewatched it a few months back for the first time since its original run, just to see how well it holds up.

Unfortunately, in my opinion, it doesn't.

There's a lot to like about the show--the art style, the atmosphere, and especially the soundtrack--but overall the show's attempt at being mind-fucky and mysterious just kind of falls flat amid the monster-of-the-week format. There is the sense of a big secret being kept from the audience, but every attempt at shining some light on it over the course of the series fails to provide any sense of closure; there's never a sense that the puzzle pieces fit together at all, and ultimately this proves true.

Honestly, the show probably would have been better off without its second season. The complete right-angle turn in everything from art to writing makes it feel like an entirely different show. And the ending... well, the less said about that, the better. I understand the trouble behind the scenes on this front, but it really does show in the final product.

Like I said, there's a lot to like about the show, and when it has its strong moments, they are indeed pretty strong, but overall it left me with the bad taste of wasted potential in my mouth.
>>
>>15793512
>there's never a sense that the puzzle pieces fit together at all,
Because they don't and weren't supposed to. The big mystery was never supposed to have a reveal or go anywhere, it was just set dressing to establish Paradigm City as a bizarre world of adventure.

The comment about season two is pretty much true though. It was never supposed to exist and only does to extend on a mystery that was decidedly never meant to have an explanation.
>>
Is old enough to be perfect
>>
>>15793538

there's beauty in that and well, existential horror.
>>
File: 1502440826692.jpg (710KB, 940x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502440826692.jpg
710KB, 940x1000px
>>15793392
I agree
>>
File: Big_Duo_-_Schwarzwald.jpg (262KB, 1024x741px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Duo_-_Schwarzwald.jpg
262KB, 1024x741px
>>15793363
Had some damn good characters
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.