[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you have to stop liking Eva because of the fanbase

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 154
Thread images: 19

File: Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png (270KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Shinji_Crying_(EoE).png
270KB, 853x480px
>tfw you have to stop liking Eva because of the fanbase
>>
Why does every asshole on the internet seem to use Asuka as their avatar?
>>
>>15789774
I don't know anon, why do you use Asuka as your avatar?
>>
>>15789774
You have to be an obnoxious ass to have any of the women in Eva be your waifu
>>
>>15789766
How about stopping to like Eva because it's a fucking mess of cheap pathos, uninteresting depression wankery, boring drama, nearly incomprehensible plot asspulls and mean-spirited jabs at its audience with several episodes that are basically slideshows?

I have yet to see someone actually justify his love for Eva. At best they can only produce lame excuses like "I had the depressions once so I enjoy the depressions of the depressive cartoon people who have depressions too" or "there's like almost 12 minutes worth of cool action scenes in the whole series, that's all I need"
>>
>tfw Evangelion 3.33 was actually a deep masterpiece that warrants 3 hour discussion and analysis
https://youtu.be/aXBAAELMuHc
>>
>tfw you like Eva regardless of what /m/ posters think
>>
>>15789779
Define what would qualify as a justification for you.
>>
>>15789788
it's a pretty bad feel.

Almost as bad as when your big bro tricks you into eating dried-up bird poop.

Almost.
>>
>>15789779
>mean-spirited jabs at its audience
t. weeb mad that he was the butt of the joke
>>
>>15789779
>and mean-spirited jabs at its audience
I never felt that. I felt like the show understood me.
>>
>>15789790
a fair reason to be proud of liking it. You know, something that makes virtually anyone go "ah yeah liking Eva actually sounds pretty cool."

Not something that merely explains why you like it the same way a drunken asshole would explain that he beat his kids because of his booze problem.
>>
>>15789798
You must think very little of yourself. Which is not something to draw a perverse self-satisfaction out of, despite what Radiohead fans will tell you.
>>
>>15789774
People just get caught up in their headcanon/fantasies.
>>
>>15789795
Isn't that just a meme anyways. Where are those jabs and jokes?
>>
>>15789811
they aren't jokes, they're straight-up insults.
>>
>>15789811
Shinji.
>>
>>15789800
>it the same way a drunken asshole would explain that he beat his kids because of his booze problem
He should explain it in a way that makes beating up children look cool?

If people say "I had the depressions once so I enjoy the depressions of the depressive cartoon people who have depressions too" they probably think that the show reflects reality faithfully and thus has helped them gain a deeper understanding of it. Which, for them, is probably something to be proud of.

You do realize that not everyone needs to have the same preferences you do, right?
>>
>>15789817
Like for example.
>>15789820
Just because you don't like him that doesn't mean his portrayal was meant as an insult.
>>
>>15789766
> letting other people decide what you do
neck up fampai
>>
>>15789808
>You must think very little of yourself.
Not really no. It's part of why I'm a neet, aside from the autism.
>>
>>15789822
Re-read my post, I said the exact opposite

And no, gaining a deeper understanding of depression isn't something to be proud of. Depression is a shameful disease that you don't get anything from understanding. If anything, understanding your depression just makes you go deeper into it because it makes it seem logical and inescapable.

It's not a question of needs, it's a question of rights.

Nobody has the right to prefer bad things over good things. If something is bad, then by definition, nobody should prefer it over something that's good. If you shouldn't do something, you don't have the right to do it.

That's why, in order to justify your love for eva (literally, prove that justice is on your side when you enjoy it) you'd have to prove that it isn't bad.

until you prove that eva isn't bad, you literally, strictly speaking do not have the right to like it.

It's something you may or may not be comfortable with, but regardless, that's the way things are.
>>
>>15789840
>And no, gaining a deeper understanding of depression isn't something to be proud of. Depression is a shameful disease that you don't get anything from understanding.
The fact that you perpetuate the idea of mental illness being shameful is a big reason why so many don't seek help for it.
>>
>>15789840
This is one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
>>
>>15789824
But it quite explicitly was. He's meant to be the reflection of the audience, and every other character constantly points out his flaws in a blunt and mean-spirited way that isn't diminished in any way by their respective failings.
>>
>>15789847
Not him but I don't think it was meant to be a reflection of the audience, it's a reflection of its creator. Acknowledging your problems and being able to do something about them are two different things.
>>
>>15789847
Why only go after Shinji if you think this? Most of the characters have flaws that you could say are mocking the audience if you believe this for some reason.
>>
>>15789844
I don't want them to seek help, I just want them to avoid glamorizing their disease because it's even more disgusting.

A depressive person who engages in online circlejerks about his mental condition is quite reminiscent of a leper who shows off his rotting limbs to passer-bys.

>>15789845
it's just the way things are. It's not left up to your appreciation.
>>
>>15789788
as a Monster of the Week mecha show its my favorite, great monster designs every episode and top tier animation
>>
>>15789852
You're right, most characters are jabs at the audience, but Shinji is the big one because he's the only one in the cast who would typically watch cartoons in his late teens
>>
>>15789853
Of course you think that, because you have no personal experience with mental illness. It's very easy to be dismissive of something when your own mind doesn't actively work against you.
>>
>>15789854
great point
>>
>>15789854
>great monster designs every episode

Except the one we never see.
>>
>>15789856
Literally everyone has experienced some form of loss of self-control at some point or another, stop thinking you're special just because you decided to put a name on it.

Regardless, my point still stands: disease, mental or otherwise, is something to be ashamed of, and in the case of depression, understanding it doesn't help curing it.
>>
>>15789856
I don't dismiss depression, I express my rightful disgust of it.

Funny how so many depressive people claim to be disgusted by themselves but immediately get defensive when other people call them out on their shitty attitude, instead of just agreeing that they're shitty people and fucking off like they ought to.
>>
>>15789811
Shinji is meant to be a pathetic kid to make pathetic kids get some introspection
Rei is meant to make waifu fags ashamed of themselves by being a caricature of all the most popular waifu traits to show how creepy they actually are
>>
File: SWHS_Malla.png (571KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
SWHS_Malla.png
571KB, 704x528px
>>15789856
Anon I don't think you're reading his posts if you think he doesn't have some sort of mental illness or condition.
>>
>>15789847
>>15789856
Portraying characters as flawed automatically means you are making mean spirited jabs at people possessing such flaws?
Because not being perfect is a personal choice and something you should be ashamed about?
Because creators should portray reality as idyllic if don't want to offend their audience?
>>
File: Big_Dog.jpg (12KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
Big_Dog.jpg
12KB, 264x320px
>>15789866

Here's a (You), because that post deserves it.
>>
File: Try.png (291KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
Try.png
291KB, 750x366px
>>15789866
I very rarely give these out, but here's a reply, because you're trying so hard.
>>
>>15789878
>Because not being perfect is a personal choice and something you should be ashamed about?
It's not that they're not perfect, it's that they are the architects of a lot of their own flaws, are aware of their flaws, but do nothing proactive to change things, they just mope. The show doesn't criticise the mentally ill, it criticises people who refuse to sort themselves out.
>>
>>15789878
>Portraying characters as flawed automatically means you are making mean spirited jabs at people possessing such flaws?
when you don't redeem them, don't glamorize them, don't take their flaws lightly, and drive home how noxious those flaws are, in an obstinate and repetitive fashion, you are being mean-spirited, because your goal is to offend on a personal level.

There are several ways to alleviate flaws without removing them entirely. Eva doesn't use those ways at all.
>>
>>15789840
>until you prove that eva isn't bad, you literally, strictly speaking do not have the right to like it.
If I like something that is a definite proof that I think it is good. If something is good, then by definition, anybody would prefer it over something that is less good.
>>
>>15789888
>The show doesn't criticise the mentally ill, it criticises people who refuse to sort themselves out.
If your problems can be fixed by simply sorting them out, that shit ain't mental illness. Mental illnesses is chemical imbalances and shit.
>>
>>15789866
>and in the case of depression, understanding it doesn't help curing it.
Since when is understanding the causes of a problem not the most effective and permanent way to deal with it?
>>
>>15789900
> Mental illnesses is chemical imbalances and shit.
Except they're not determinant, they're pre-dispositions. They make it easier to develop unhealthy states of mind.
You sort them out by actively seeking out professional help, not just sitting their with spunk on your hand thinking about how fucked up you are.
>>
>>15789888
>The show doesn't criticise the mentally ill
You can see how the characters react because of their mental illness though and it fucks so much up. I would take that as criticism. It's just not stopping the show to get on a soapbox about it. Everyone on Earth is turned into goo because Shinji is a depressed teenager which is portrayed as an apocalyptic scenario which as far as I see it is heavy criticism. Gendo is killed while confessing that he lived his life wrong. Misato is killed after using her inappropriate interactions with Shinji to try and help everyone else. Among others. But at the same time none of these work and the third impact happens, and a lot of it's to blame on the flaws of the characters. True, they're not solved in the show or movie (though Shinji does realize how shitty he is and manages to somewhat reverse what happened) but it's not like the flaws are shown to not have any consequences.
>>
>>15789888
>architects of a lot of their own flaws
Personality "flaws" are inborn.
> are aware of their flaws, but do nothing proactive to change things
I could be aware that a giant black hole is going to destroy the Earth in a week but there is nothing I could do about that.
>>
>>15789907
Did you miss that Evangalion takes place with the world about to end and them constantly being attacked? You want them to go see a shrink with all this happening? And the original point of instrumentality is that it's supposed to sort this shit out. If you solve everything before it happens then the ending is compromised. The entire last two episodes of the TV show are the characters facing their insecurities introspectively.
>>
>>15789913
To me it seems more like it's just putting it on display from the characters' perspectives, not judging the illness but their reactions to these illnesses. And it's their unwillingness to work towards positive change that causes them to continue to fall into these shitty situations.
>>
>>15789923
And you think there's no merit to showing characters at the mercy of their own flaws and the only way you can make a show with flaws is if they're all miraculously cured before the end?
>>
>>15789922
>You want them to go see a shrink with all this happening?
Unironically yes. Because getting in a giant war-machine and taking responsibility for planetary defence while you're too unstable to think and act clearly put everyone around you in danger.
>The entire last two episodes of the TV show are the characters facing their insecurities introspectively.
This was the conclusion, not the first 24 episodes. No shit the flaws that the series is critical of are (largely) resolved at the end of the series.
>>
>>15789922
>You want them to go see a shrink with all this happening?

That would be counterproductive as it seems only people that have problems are able to properly sync with evas. That and people who either are angels or have angel dna because they can naturally sync with any eva due to being the same being as them.
>>
>>15789925
I never said that at all. I liked Eva as an exploration of hugely flawed individuals. I found it incredibly interesting and it provides the basis for a lot of introspection on the viewer's behalf.
>>
>>15789889
I'm sorry. Our story should show that all problems can be fixed without effort and flaws should glamorized or at least made to look as not serious in order to not offend the audience.
>>
>>15789766
>being this much a weak-willed cuck
Kill yourself
>>
>>15789766
You can always watch it, and enjoy it on your own. You know, like a normal person.
>>
>>15790024
>He doesn't' let anonymous autistic manchildren make all his decisions for him
Why tho?
>>
File: ULJS00064_00003.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ULJS00064_00003.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Soon.
>>
>>15790048
Is this the ps2 game?
>>
>>15790055
PSP. I'm amazed it hasn't been translated yet - I mean, it's not as text heavy as some of the other shit that has been translated.
>>
>>15789766
Once you learn to disconnect a show and its fanbase(or hatebase, even if it's not a word) you'll be a much happier person. Ignore the circlejerks, be they positive or negative and like what you want to like. Don't let anonymous shitposters dictate your life.
>>
File: Yes! You are number one!.png (175KB, 602x405px) Image search: [Google]
Yes! You are number one!.png
175KB, 602x405px
This is a good thread. It started off as subtle bait but turned into genuine and somewhat thoughtful discussion. Threads like this are why I still browse /m/.

That, and Getter Robo threads.
>>
>>15789766
if you're really gonna stop liking a show because of a shitty fanbase, then just kill yourself. pretty much every show has a shit fanbase because fanbases are mostly autistic cancer.
>>
>>15790340
While this is true, some fanbases are more vocal than others. If you aren't forced to interact with the show's fanbase, liking it is much easier.
>>
I want to cum inside Rei
>>
>>15790349
>sticking your dick in a clone infused with the soul of an ancient godlike being
I don't know if that's better or worse than sticking your dick in crazy (Asuka or Misato).
>>
>>15790343
Bigger and more vocal ones are awful for sure. But smaller ones can be just as bad, for different reasons though. Like how they become super smug and elitist and start jerking each other off for being superior than the plebs.
Even /m/ which is about a lot of things rather than a specific show can be stupid, annoying and a circlejerk when it comes to certain shows.

So in the end partake in fanbases, but don't stay only in one place. Also never let autist dictate what you should love and hate.
>>
>>15790356
Well, she's crazy too, in that "emotionless struggling with emotions" sort of way.
>>
>>15789800
Only hipsters give a shit about what happens when you tell someone what you like. Go back to whatever underground anime blog you crawled out of.
>>
>>15789779
Assuming this isn't trolling, I'll bite.

Evangelion is one of my favorite works of fiction (including film, literature, etc) because of how creative and interesting the setting is. I found the show to be incredibly well thought out and fell in love with the all the cryptic stuff going on in the background like the Human Instrumentality Project, the implications of the existence of the Angels and Eva Units themselves, Kaji's antics, etc.

Maybe I'm just one of those dumb idiots who don't need to relate to a character to enjoy a show. I guess I'm just enjoying things wrong :^( sorry, anon. maybe you should tell us what anime we're allowed to enjoy?
>>
>>15789853
>reminiscent of a leper who shows off his rotting limbs to passer-bys.
What shithole country do you live in where this happens enough for you to compare it to anything?
>>
>>15789795
>weeb
You don't get to use that phrase here.
We're all nor/m/alfags according to /a/
>>
File: 1494152887190.jpg (58KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1494152887190.jpg
58KB, 400x400px
>>15789766
>tfw i ignored the entire fandom and still enjoy Eva for how it is.
Feels good nigga.
>>
>>15789854
>great monster designs
They were pretty alright, I suppose.
> every episode
No, there were literally twice as many episodes as Angels not counting the mass produced Evas in EoE.
It could have been a spectacular MotW show had Anno not been so pretentious with his directing. You know you fucked up when even Tomino's shit is less insulting.
>>
>>15790463
What do you mean by pretentious directing?
>>
File: 2017-08-18_05-08-43.png (275KB, 598x447px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-18_05-08-43.png
275KB, 598x447px
How'd it all go so wrong, Gunbusterbros?
Anno was supposed to save the otaku, not demonize them.
>>
File: 1491058744079.jpg (44KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1491058744079.jpg
44KB, 604x604px
>>15789873
The irony being that you clearly have a mental illness yourself, or at the very least you still have the reasoning of an edgy teenager that's mad at the emo kids in his high school.

Eva has nothing to do with "glamorizing depression", but I can see how you might think so. You are after all the type of person that creates self-worth through trying to create a false sense of superiority and condescension.

Eva fandom has always been a narrative and counter-narrative between kids that think they're deep for liking it and kids that think they're deep for thinking it's not deep and hating it.

Honestly if you lack the theory of mind to try and understand why people might like the show, even if you don't, and you need to make absurd "objective" arguments about it being good or bad, you've already proven yourself unworthy of further discussion.

Come back and post when you get to the next stage of your mental development, if you ever reach it.
>>
File: 1438939429574.gif (3MB, 280x158px) Image search: [Google]
1438939429574.gif
3MB, 280x158px
>>15789766
>tfw you want to ignore memeva but the average anime otaku in the city is obsessed with it, even your best friend likes it and you have to tolerate his misplaced and obnoxious taste
>>
>>15790467
Minute-long still images with hymns blaring comes to mind. I also want a fan of the (lack of) color scheme he used in episode 6 of Gunbuster.
>>
>>15790513
What's pretentious about that?
>>
>>15790520
The former wastes the viewer's time.
>>
>>15790524
t. anon who only watches summer blockbusters and doesn't know shit about directing or just trying something new
>>
>>15790527
Do you even know who Tomino is?
>>
>>15789766
i wouldn't say i stopped liking Eva because of the fanbase. i did stop liking *discussing* Eva because of the fanbase. I stopped being optimistic about the franchise because of the Rebuilds. I would say that I still have a pretty high opinion of the original series itself and a fairly high opinion of Death & Rebirth and EoE. I just don't identify myself "an Evangelion fan" because I just don't want to present myself as a member of that group even though I do think the show was very good.

It's the same with Macross as well. I still think the original was very good, though at this point I admit to myself that nostalgia goggles may be involved. I found the sequels to be progressively underwhelming as time went on, and the core of the fanbase to be eldritch abominations composed of pure vitriol wrapped in a thin layer of litigation.
>>
>>15790544
Yeah, I've watched most of UC Gundam and am getting into his non-Gundam stuff, anon. I've heard nice stuff about his other works!
>>
>>15790498
>posting Attack On Titan
>criticizing other people's tastes
lmfao
>>
>>15790513
Pretty sure part of the reason those still images were there was because of budget issues. Though I remember getting to the infamous "elevator scene" and not understanding why anyone would have had a problem with it since it didn't seem to last that long.
>>
>>15790700
>not understanding why anyone would have had a problem with it since it didn't seem to last that long
You have to remember that anime as a medium is in many ways the bottom of the barrel, culturally speaking, and so most of the people who watch it are pretty dumb and don't have any real grasp of how to appreciate art.
>>
>>15790477
He wanted to believe he had the High Ground.
>>
>>15790714
Appreciate this
*unzips dick*
>>
>>15789779
>mean-spirited jabs at its audience

Please elaborate. I'm genuinely curious.
>>
File: dfsa.png (196KB, 494x371px) Image search: [Google]
dfsa.png
196KB, 494x371px
Why does every Eva discussion just turn into

>GREATEST SHOW EVER
or
>WORST SHOW EVER

Its a cool show but the fan base needs to shut up, this applies to every show that the internet seems to like: One Punch Man, Rick and Morty, Game of Thrones, etc.

Anime fan bases seem to be slightly more shit than others, we figured this out 20 years ago but still act like it isn't the norm

>>15790445
Amigo
>>
>>15791042
Eva probably is the greatest TV series ever though.
>>
File: eva vs rahxephon.jpg (213KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
eva vs rahxephon.jpg
213KB, 1200x900px
>I like RahXephon, my patrician tastes are far more distinguished then the average Evafag pleb
>>
>>15791067
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 9467.jpg (38KB, 550x904px) Image search: [Google]
9467.jpg
38KB, 550x904px
>>15789766
Yeah, the western Eva fanbase is pretty shitty, but at least the Jap one is decent.
>>
>>15790024

Quietly enjoy things for my own amusement? But that would mean learning to be able to communicate with people outside of my geek hobbies. Im a geek you know.
>>
>>15789766
Only plebs that want to look 2deep4u like Eva. Patricians know Gundam 0079 was much deeper.
>>
>>15790700
>the budget issues meme again
they had plenty of budget, they ran out of production time because anno changed it as he went along. hence why the show developed the psychological shit, because he read some fuckin book about psychology and liked it or something like that.

>>15791934
i actually still really like eva but you're right. i hate how every autistic faggot on earth calls it a deconstruction when it literally doesnt deconstruct shit, it has literally the same elements from gundam 0079, and especially space runaway ideon.
i like it for a lot of reasons but i dont think its deep, or at least not as deep as every faggot evafag thinks it is.
>>
>implying the only good thing from EVA isn't the girls
>>
>>15791934
I've started to hate the 2deep4u meme and the word deep, the internet has ruined it. It's both a vague word that doesn't explain anything and depth is just a better word. You can be like "yeah the show has some depth"
>>
I like the setting and designs, and I always just accepted the characters as caricatures of various aspects of human behavior. The fan service tends to be jarring and it was probably added because of genre conventions, too bad thats what a lot of people took to over everything else in there.
>>
File: 1498827700924.jpg (17KB, 542x540px) Image search: [Google]
1498827700924.jpg
17KB, 542x540px
>>15789766

>He thinks the fanbase is the thing ruining Eva
>>
>>15789766
This.
>>
>>15792213
>Eva
>fanservice
Eh?
>>
>>15792226
Slice of life scenes like misatos apartment shenanigans that are distractions from the grim reality of the series and "whoops I fell and grabbed your titty" or "oh no a naked girl!" Type nonsense. Character building is okay but its a lot of cutesy shit and "awkward" moments that are so out of place given the rest of the content.
>>
>>15792226
Have you watched the series ?
Almost every scene with Misato inside her house has to have an ass shot at least once, there was also that time Shinji grabbed Rei's tits, and I'm pretty sure there are lots of other examples.
>>
>>15791084
>digital cancer
>>
>>15789766
Seed Destiny is a better mecha than Evashit.
>>
>>15792237
>>15792241
You guys have a pretty broad definition of "fanservice". The more explicitly sexualized stuff has a clear purpose - to communicate naturally to the audience that Shinji is attracted to the three main female characters, which is a pretty central element to his characterization as we see in the "do you want to become one with me?" scene in ep 25 or 26.
>>
>>15792295
I don't think shoving Misato's ass in the screen will show us any of that. Same goes for the cliche "oops i grabbed your boobs". It's just blatant fanservice.
Stop trying to justify it, that's pathetic.
>>
>>15792295
It really doesn't give that impression.
Shinji always looks uncomfortable as fuck in those situations and runs away, which implies he isn't attracted. They should have executed it better if they had that intention.
>>
>>15792308
It's unarguable that sexuality and attraction are big themes in Eva though. The whole show just drips with Freudian metaphor and imagery. Just look at the design of the second angel and how its appearance coincides with a story thread about homoerotic aggression and male bonding. Sexual imagery is everywhere in the show, and viewing it through the emotionally-stunted otaku lense of "ew fanservice lol" is missing the point massively.
>>
>>15792312
>which implies he isn't attracted
You didn't understand the series AT ALL
>>
>>15792326
Call me a stupid emotionally stunted Otaku then.
>>
>>15792328
I did. Far more than you.
Anno put fanservice in because he likes fanservice and he knew otaku like you would be into it. See his previous works.
Stop thinking there's meaning where there isn't.
>>
File: FESTUM.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
FESTUM.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>15791084
A mecha anime... to surpass Evangelion.
>>
>>15792337
If you think Shinji didn't want to fuck Rei, Asuka and Misato you genuinely missed the whole point of the show, to an extent I didn't think was possible considering it gets spelled out to you in episodes 25 & 26.

Eva is about the end of childhood and becoming a man. It's about casting off your insecurities and immaturity and learning to function in the world as an adult. This of course includes Shinji's sexual awakening, which is alluded to both explicitly and through visual cues CONSTANTLY throughout the series.

It's depressing that the anime audience can't grasp this due to Anno staying true to Shinji's character (meek, introverted) and not having him outright say it for the viewer's benefit, but then this is why Anno hates the Eva fanbase - because they have no fucking appreciation of what the show was really about and just want cool robot fights and flashy apocalyptic visuals.
>>
>>15792356
>Eva is about the end of childhood and becoming a man.
Most retarded statement I've heard all day. How does that make sense in regards to Misato, Asuka, and Rei's arcs? Did they all become men too?

You're a retarded otaku who's self-inserting into Shinji just because you're attracted to cartoon drawings.

It's spelled out for you that the thought of contact with others outright disgusts Shinji, he literally rejects Misato when she asks for sex and pulls Rei out of him in instrumentality.
During the scene where they ask to become one with him, HE LITERALLY LEAVES LELIEL because he doesn't want that.
He doesn't want to be one with anyone, he doesn't want to be touched by anyone, it frightens him. But he still wants love and affection, he's a hedgehog. He never wanted to fuck them, notice how he only gets flustered when they do something sexual to him, he never gives a fuck when they're off rubbing their tits on Kaji's arms.
He had a hormonal reaction to their bodies, but never them.

Stop portraying Shinji as some sexual deviant just because that's what you are.
Christ, you didn't know a single thing about Eva even though they explain it in the last two episodes right to your face. What a retard.
>>
>>15792369
>Most retarded statement I've heard all day. How does that make sense in regards to Misato, Asuka, and Rei's arcs? Did they all become men too?
The story is about SHINJI and HIS JOURNEY. If you don't think the series is about Shinji becoming a man then apparently you didn't understand the significance of "To my father, thank you. To my mother, farewell" at the end of the show either. Whatever, you're probably just baiting at this point.
>>
>>15792377
>The story is about SHINJI and HIS JOURNEY.
Wrong. In the words of Anno himself, the story is about Shinji and the co-protagonist Misato. Unless you think Misato became a man as well, you're being retarded.

>Anno: This is roughly the world-view for Neon Genesis Evangelion. This is a world-view drenched in a vision of pessimism. A world-view where the story starts only after any traces of optimism have been removed.

>And in that world, a 14-year-old boy shrinks from human contact. And he tries to live in a closed world where his behavior dooms him, and he has abandoned the attempt to understand himself. A cowardly young man who feels that his father has abandoned him, and so he has convinced himself that he is a completely unnecessary person, so much so that he cannot even commit suicide.

>And there is a 29-year-old woman who lives life so lightly as to barely allow the possibility of a human touch. She protects herself by having surface level relationships, and running away.
>Both are extremely afraid of being hurt. Both are unsuitable-lacking the positive attitude-for what people call heroes of an adventure. But in any case, they are the heroes of this story.

>they are the heroes of this story

Nice of you not to address any of my other points after getting so thoroughly BTFO.
>>
>>15792389
Ah yes, Misato the protagonist who has fewer scenes focused around her than several of the other secondary characters in the show, of course. We see the last two episodes of the show entirely from Shinji's perspective, but he wasn't actually the main focus of the show, it all makes sense now!

You are one truly dumb fuck.
>>
File: misato_crying.png (230KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
misato_crying.png
230KB, 500x375px
>>15792400
What are you talking about? She has the most scenes focused on her right after Shinji.
That's what a deuteragonist is.

>We see the last two episodes of the show entirely from Shinji's perspective
Uh no? Did you forget the whole Case of Misato, Case of Asuka, and Case of Rei sequence? They literally go into all their perspectives.

Are you just acted retarded on purpose at this point? Because you still haven't addressed anything in this >>15792369 after getting BTFO.

Let it be known that the first person to say you don't understand Eva is usually the one who doesn't understand Eva himself.
>>
>>15792418
>Did you forget the whole Case of Misato, Case of Asuka, and Case of Rei sequence?
Do you even understand what was happening in 25 & 26? Whatever, I really can't take the opinion of someone who says that Shinji wasn't attracted to Rei, Asuka and Misato seriously at all.
>>
File: shinji my son.jpg (39KB, 570x415px) Image search: [Google]
shinji my son.jpg
39KB, 570x415px
>>15791934
>>15791943
>Kaworu is a Lalah expy
BRAVO ANNO
>>
>>15792369
>Stop portraying Shinji as some sexual deviant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ8mdRBs3rg
>>
>>15792308
I actually generally hate fanservice but didn't really have an issue with the stuff in Eva. Even if you consider it fanservice I didn't feel it was as disruptive as some stuff I've watched.
>>
>>15792439
If you think one scene where Shinji is at his absolute rock bottom and has lost all his sanity to the point he can only rely on animistic instincts to relieve even an ounce of stress makes him a sexual deviant, you're retarded.
>>
>>15792428
>backing out like a faggot when you can't give a single rebuttal
You're just like Shinji, running away as soon as things get tough. Not only did you not understand Eva, you didn't even put its main message into practice. A pity.
>>
File: tumblr_m7w966qGrP1qjlwa8o1_500.gif (997KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7w966qGrP1qjlwa8o1_500.gif
997KB, 500x330px
Does anyone else think Misato deliberately puts PenPen in the shower to scare people into running out naked?
Both times it happened (Shinji and Asuka) Misato just happened to be sitting facing the doorway as if she were waiting for something, and she didn't seem the least bit surprised either time.
>>
>>15792326
Nobody in the West take Freud seriously because all of his ideas were off base and missing the point.
>>
>>15792664
>Misato wants to see little boy dick
Yeah, why not.
>>
File: 1499893685566.png (62KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1499893685566.png
62KB, 480x270px
I'd just like to point out that this thread started out complaining about how annoying the Eva fanbase can be and now has a 3:1 post to poster ratio
>>
>>15792691
>little boy dick
She did that to Asuka, too.
It's conceivable that she also did that to Kaji and any other boyfriends she might have had (or random house guests).
>>
>>15792712
Maybe she wanted to see Asuka's little boy dick too
>>
>>15792441
I agree that Eva isn't the worst offender but then again, we're talking about a genre thats filled with degenerate/poorly written work

>>15792326
You're applying a lot more gravitas to those scenes than their execution would imply. I see what you're saying with modifications on the trope like rei being completely apathetic that she got molested, but the approach they take towards those scenes like the music and the comedic animation blurs that line a little too much for me
>>
I like it since it's robots beating up monsters.
Sure, there is a lot of "hidden" messages, hack writing and some shit characters but giants robots fighting monsters.

At the end of the day though, just because of people don't enjoy it doesnt mean you can't. There are things called guilty pleasures after all.
>>
>>15792927
>There are things called guilty pleasures after all.
those are gay, just like what you like, no need to feel guilty over liking some cartoon
>>
>>15791042
>Rick and Morty
In fairness there's a specific reason there, because it had a massive writing change in the second season, to an outright change in writers in the 3rd.
>>
>>15792927
>robots beating up monsters
They're not robots, they're clones of Lilith with cybernetic implants. The only actual "giant robot" in NGE was Jet Alone. Also NGE's story was not "robots beating up monsters" it was "boy learns to grow up", which is why it ended with "CONGRATULATIONS, SHINJI" instead of the final apocalyptic battle between good and evil. But people like you didn't get that the whole thing was metaphoric and screamed for a literal ending to the setting which is why EoE happened.

Ever heard that joke about the two campers and the grizzly bear?
"Two guys on a camping trip wake up early in the morning because they hear a noise outside their tent. They peek out the door and see that a grizzly bear is standing next to their picnic table eating their leftovers from the night before. One guy gasps, which causes the bear to look his direction. He ducks back in the tent to see his friend is lacing up his running shoes.
Are you crazy? You can't outrun a grizzly bear!
I don't have to outrun the bear. I just have to outrun you."
>but what happened to the two guys?
>did they get away from the bear?
>did someone rescue them?
The joke is supposed to stop at the punchline. There doesn't need to be an ending to the story.
>BUT I WANT AN ENDING TO THE STORY
>>
I've got mixed feelings about Eva. Incredible visuals, great soundtrack, cool action, a lot of unique twists to the plot, interesting subversion of Super Robot anime plot and tropes.

On the other hand a lot of the characters are dislikable, it's very nihilistic, and I don't care what anybody says, the ending was pure wank and left almost all of the show's biggest questions unanswered. At the end of the day I think Anno set out to achieve something and accomplished it in style, so I have to respect it for that, but at the same time that thing just isn't my cup of tea. So I'm left in this weird position where I respect the show without really liking it that much.
>>
>>15793180
What questions do you think were unanswered?
>>
>>15793194

Pretty much all of them?

What is an Eva, what is Instrumentality, who is Kaworu, what is Lilith, who are NERV, pretty much everything that catches your attention over the course of the series either has an unsatisfactory or non-existen explanation. People say RahXephon, by way of comparison, is an inferior clone of Evangelion, and they're mostly right, but I actually rate it higher because it had the decency to explain its shit.
>>
>>15793180
>interesting subversion of Super Robot anime plot and tropes.

Another newfag talking about things he doesn't have the first clue about. I'm suuuuper surprised.
>>
>>15793204
>Eva
Basically clones of Adam infused with human souls

>Instrumentality
Making all humans into one "organism" to get rid of conflict caused by differences

>Kaworu
The last angel that took the form of a human. Has something to do with Adam too according to EoE but I cant explain it off the top of my head.

>Lilith
The ultimate ancestor of the human race with Adam being the ancestor of angels.

>NERV
A group created around the body of Lilith to protect it from angels and iirc ultimately controlled by Seele for their own purposes which is ultimately instrumentality.

All of these do have a good deal of explanation about them in the anime and movie even if its not straight exposition dump.
>>
Why is Asuka so popular?
>>
You are an utter retard if you think of this show in terms of online arguments and I genuinely feel bad for you
>>
>>15793166
Didn't you just get rekt earlier in the thread?
>>
>>15793639
>using the term "rekt"
This is an 18+ website, please leave
>>
>>15793239
humiliation/punishment complex
>>
Question, what's the technical designation of that EVA transport flying wing?

I know the other fictional aircraft still have technical designations (The VTOL, for example, is the "YAGR-3B Close Air Support VTOL Aircraft")
>>
>>15793776
Not an argument.
>>
>>15792434
>Kaworu and Rei are Lalah clones
ftfy
Thread posts: 154
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.