[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, outsider here. I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Mazingah shooty shooty beamu.jpg (24KB, 640x452px) Image search: [Google]
Mazingah shooty shooty beamu.jpg
24KB, 640x452px
Hi, outsider here.
I apologize for my lack of knowledge, I just wanted to make some questions to the experts.

1-Are the SRW games liked all around or just taken as some entry-level shit?
2-Are Tekkamen considered mecha?
3-Does it botter you that people praise Gurren Lagan while ignoring all that it was based on?
4-In SRW Gunbuster can use a tomahawk and a baseball bat that you can even see in the ovas during a transformation, so is there more to Gunbuster than the ovas or is just the games?
5-How does it make you guys feel that G and Wing are the most popular with mainstream fans?
>>
>1-Are the SRW games liked all around or just taken as some entry-level shit?
I'd say most people who can deal with super slow paced games like them. If you're asking for the like 'meta' opinion, I'd say don't worry about it.

>2-Are Tekkamen considered mecha?
They're power armor, and power armor is mecha, so yeah.

>3-Does it botter you that people praise Gurren Lagan while ignoring all that it was based on?
Not at all.

>4-In SRW Gunbuster can use a tomahawk and a baseball bat that you can even see in the ovas during a transformation, so is there more to Gunbuster than the ovas or is just the games?
There's some shorts about the Sizzlers and stuff, but other than that there's nothing canon. A couple of manga and a picture of Super Gunbuster that came from a PC Engine game I think.

>5-How does it make you guys feel that G and Wing are the most popular with mainstream fans?
G is fucking rad so that's cool.
>>
>>15787233
>G and Wing are the most popular with mainstream fans?

Are they ? Most mainstream anime fan just hate mecha
>>
>>15787413
Let's say they're the least unpopular then
>>
>>15787233
As far as SRPGs go they're pretty basic if that's what you mean.
Sure
>3-Does it botter you that people praise Gurren Lagan while ignoring all that it was based on?
A little bit, I wish people who liked it would go searching for more instead of settling.
>4-In SRW Gunbuster can use a tomahawk and a baseball bat that you can even see in the ovas during a transformation, so is there more to Gunbuster than the ovas or is just the games?
I think there's a PS2 game
>5-How does it make you guys feel that G and Wing are the most popular with mainstream fans?
I love me some G and I have a soft spot for Wing even though it's not very good so whatever
>>
>>15787233
Don't know, don't care for the games
Yes
A little, mainly I just dislike people treating it like its some masterpiece. It's a very fun solid show but it's nowhere near the best mecha or in the realm of top anime ever made.
If I remember correctly, certain shots of the Gunbuster in the OVA show those weapons. Those shots are basically nods/refrences just like 99% of Gunbuster, like the obvious nod to Getter with the tomahawk. But no, Gunbuster is pretty much exclusively it's OVA.
Only in the west, the east doesn't care about G that much. I don't really care, G is a great show and Wing is fucking awful but people can enjoy what they want.
>>
>>15787233
1-They're okay
2-Sort of. They're kind of a biomecha deal but lean more towards the mecha than the bio
3-No. This kinda thing happens to every medium. TTGL wasn't a bad show either, though reactions to it are extreme on both sides.
4-Tomahawk and baseball bat are Getter inspired, and I've heard SRW goes all the way in making that connection by having Benkei (Getter 3 pilot and baseball coach) teach Noriko how to do the Buster homerun
5- G is good. Only other Gundam show I've seen is 00. I don't care bout Gundam
>>
1) SRW is well-liked around here and can serve as an introduction to lots of series.

2) Yes.

3) Not at all. I like the show but it's not the best anime ever, hell not even close to being t he top Gainax show. I'd give that honor to FLCL.

4) Gunbuster usually has a ton of attacks in its SRW appearances.

5) I love G but have mixed feelings about Wing. It doesn't offend me that much since I also grew up with them.
>>
>>15787233
I find that most mecha fans at least appreciate SRW for what it is, even if they don't have the patience to necessarily play the games. I have no clue how "entry level" the gaming is, seeing as I don't really play video games much. But if you're talking about how "entry level" the subject matter is, SRW certainly covers a lot of lesser known series. It's that kind of kitchen sink, grab everything attitude that makes it so appealing. And given that there's a long-running SRW general here, I think the games are pretty well liked.

Yeah, more or less. Some people will argue that the Tekkaman suit itself is really not a mech, but the original Pegas was certainly a giant robot.

It's their loss.

The reason is simply more english language exposure, and G is a great series regardless.
>>
Wing is only popular because of yaoi shippers. I saw the entire series + the movie years ago, and I barely remember anything that happened.
>>
>>15787233
1- Most people here love SRW, including me
2- Yes
3- Yeah
4- Haven't watched Gunbuster
5- Wing bothers me , G is kinda overrated , I like it though
>>
>>15787413
I dunno about now but a few years back if someone had only seen one Gundam it was usually Wing. I don't think G was ever that popular though.
>>
>>15787413
Toonami was the main source for a lot of people, myself included.

gundam wing and Robotech where my first /m/ things as a kid and i loved them.
>>
>>15787233
I don't think you're an outsider all these questions are the perfect storm for shitposting.
>>
They are pretty enjoyable. Some drag way too much, but when they are good, they are REALLY good. I'm currently watching every mech series that was part of SRW in a production order and it's pretty fun in itself.

Why shouldn't it? People more familiar with Tekkaman Blade though.

It's unfortunate, but most of anime fans don't bother with anything "old" at all. In fact the only people who care about GL now are supposed "anime experts" who started watching anime around 2007-2008.

I personally enjoyed them both, so that's fine by me.
>>
>>15787423
>A little bit, I wish people who liked it would go searching for more instead of settling.

The thing is most people don't even watch mecha, so they see no need to look for more info. That's why most people say "I don't like mecha, but.... I like TTGL". They just don't care.
>>
>>15787233
1. SRW games are as niche as they come. If you have the inclination and the patience they're a blast, but seeing as you need to import and/or learn moonrunes they're anything but entry level.

2. Tekkamen are in SRW (that's a nice segue btw) so unquestionably.

3. if you're asking if I enjoy getting angry with anonymous strangers over a cartoon, no, I do not. GL is pretty dope, still remember the hype in '07 when we used to watch it together.

4.already answered. SRW is a 30 year-plus franchise, there are lots of cross influences, istances where the game took fan suggestions, discarded ideas (eg. Layzner mkII) etc.

5. I'm an eurofag so this question is meaningless to me. Even more meaningless than it would usually be since "popular" and "mainstream" aren't words I would use regarding mecha. FWIW i think G is excellent tho.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.