[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Gundam AU when?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

File: Untitled-1.jpg (199KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
199KB, 800x480px
>>
>>15786853
I mean, just look at the design on the left. Anyone who tells you that this look in any way good must suffer from some severe mental disability. I'd love to see the sort of clothes these people leave the house in. The Zeta Gundam was the first mech in Gundam that didnt look like complete shit. Fucking hell, look at this cardbox design.
>>
When all the writers are fired.
>>
>>15786853
Have you watched AGE?
>>
File: wect-val.jpg (161KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
wect-val.jpg
161KB, 434x600px
>>15786853
Hopefully not for awhile. UC's been getting a lot of love lately, and shows tend to be better when the writing staff have an existing lore and set of narrative rules to write around.

Not necessarily UC, but I'd like to see something animated within one of the existing universes, preferably UC, FC, or AW.

Making as new setting EVERY TIME you make a new four cour TV series is just fucking lame, and if they can't draw in new fans by actually making a competently written anime within the confines of the already expansive settings they have, then the franchise just needs to die and be replaced with a new one.
>>
>>15786865
You just WANT to get shit on don't you?
>>
>>15787555
No, I just want to see what sort of clothes you people leave the house in if you think that is good design in any form or shape. Must look fucking hilarious.
>>
>>15787563
>you mean you don't wear BACKPACKS!?
>>
>>15786853
Never, except maybe more Build Fighters.
Actual Gundam AU stopped being a thing in 99.
>>
>>15787687
Fuck off, Belliri. Go climb a mountain or your sister
>>
>>15787563
A button-up or polo shirt and jeans, usually.
>>
File: 2312341241451.jpg (277KB, 799x1005px) Image search: [Google]
2312341241451.jpg
277KB, 799x1005px
>>15786853
Close your eyes, retard. Time travel back to 1979. Now open them again.

This is what RX-78 actually looks like. Barbatos is some homosex post-postmodern shit that owes half of its design to the aforementioned machine anyway.
>>
>>15787726
Top tier design
>>
File: 189467546189.jpg (30KB, 310x428px) Image search: [Google]
189467546189.jpg
30KB, 310x428px
>>15786865
>The Zeta Gundam was the first mech in Gundam that didnt look like complete shit.

I don't know... Some zeek suits looked cool.
>>
>>15786853
I'd rather see them try to reboot the G-Saviour saga, honestly.
Such a waste of good designs.
>>
>>15787726
>This is what RX-78 actually looks like
Nah, it always had the retarded dopey face in 0079, as well as all the promo artwork.
>>
>>15786865
>The Zeta Gundam was the first mech in Gundam that didnt look like complete shit
Fuck off faggot, the Mk-II was the best suit in Zeta.
>>
>>15787726
Way to post a stylized remake of the og gundam. Are you insecure about the appearance of the grand daddy gundam?
>>
File: 02c3b9fc59508ece9c0fa76b2041e551.jpg (148KB, 446x1000px) Image search: [Google]
02c3b9fc59508ece9c0fa76b2041e551.jpg
148KB, 446x1000px
>>15787726
I think you posted the wrong image.
>>
>>15787726
Man, it's really fucking weird seeing that shield without the cross.
>>
>>15786853
IBO actually did well in moving merch. The show doesn't matter as much as having cheap but decent model kits
>>
How about an AU with a more biotech/biological kind of aesthetic and style to it? I'm not saying go full Giger or anything but bio mechs are pretty under represented in Mecha.
>>
>>15788607
Or one where one side uses biotech mobile suits and the other regular ones?
>>
>>15787563
You must be underage
>>
>>15788966
Since I am almost 30 I think I slightly missed the mark.
>>
>>15786865
Neither of them look good.

>>15787563
Shirt, jeans and a jacket if it's cold. People who have time to worry about how their clothes look to others are either kids or faggots.
>>
File: IMG_0175.jpg (356KB, 732x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0175.jpg
356KB, 732x1024px
I want this series.
>>
I'd rather see them revisit old AUs. I'd love to see a G Gundam sequel set during the 14th Gundam Fight, or perhaps even later. Maybe a series set in the AW timeline, sometime after Gundam X and Under the Moonlight.
>>
>>15789258
>People who have time
But you do have time to post on a Chinese Lamp building forum, very time efficient indeed.
>>
>>15789258

This is one hell of a neckbeard thing to say
>>
>>15786853
You know what? UC maybe a nice thing, but what Gundam needs is another something like the UC, but larger and richer.

Why not go something akin to Battletech and make a setting where humanity went beyond the Sol System? This would make for a perfect place to put in multiple stories.
>>
>>15787726
This would be pretty sexy in all white
>>
I want an AU taking place somewhere outside of Earthsphere. For example:
>resources in Solar system are dwindling
>some 3x faster fucker dropped asteroid and Earth is dying
>with all remaining manpower and technology a colony ship is built
>small group of cryosleep people are sent to some faraway star system
>they arrive and learn how to survive in alien enviroment
>proto mobile suits are power loaders
>fast forward 200 years
>sudden alien ruins appear
>some people star worshiping the artifacts and technology of extinct ayy lmaos
>war breaks out because lol convert or die
>xeno worshippers use superior grays tech to build better mobile suits
>show begins
>gundam is good guys own attempt at reverse engineering alien shit

it could go pretty much anywhere from there and it would include some new concepts to the franchise. Think Avatar meets Sid Meyer's Alpha Centauri meet Tribes meets Planetside
>>
>>15786853
I don't understand how people can dislike Barbatos. It's so cool/unique. Yeah it's proportions are very different and it's kind of feminine, but it's head/feet are so fucking awesome.
>>
>>15791908
I'm personally not too fond of it, but I'm at least glad its not the same Gundam we've seen in almost every series so far but with some gimmick. They definietly deserve points for trying to add breath of fresh air to the overall franchise.
>>
>>15791908
I hate its color scheme. If they just went full demon it would look much cooler.
>>
>>15791907
My take on a AU would be like this:
>Sol system in constant conflict
>Wars break every once a year
>People weaponize near everything
>All is bleak until some badass calling himself the Lord Death's Head appears and musters an army, called the Death's Head Legion, that is superior to everyone in tech and skills
>Every other force is either annihilated or surrenders to him (mostly the former)
>Peace through power + improvements in social and economic capabilities
>Actually unites humanity as a race, yet leaves them to govern for themselves as the United Terran Federation
>Legion recycles the plan of using the unused warp drives and encourages humans to go beyond the Sol system
>The Sol Age ends and the Celestial Age begins
>The expansion rate at which humans colonize new worlds depends on the success rate of the warp engines (at one point humanity stopped to colonize for a century due to a colony fleet, the included cohorts of the Legion, seemingly disappearing after warping...which spawned later the metahuman/transhuman Reach Clans that would fight humanity at some point in the future)
>500 years later and the UTF went full retard by taxing heavily the outer-sphere worlds to make the core worlds wealthier
>War of Stars begin and is the single biggest conflict that would make other wars in Gundam shows look bleak
>Death's Head Legion fights on behalf of the out-gunned worlds but is destroyed by traitors among their ranks (but not before taking out 7/10th of the total forces of the UTF)
>Fringe Worlds use the Legion's sacrifice to build up their own military which makes the Feddies incapable of taking them on
>UTF divides into Inner Sphere Federation and Outer Sphere Alliance (both are in a Cold War-style non-aggression state)
>There is also the League of Free Worlds that seceded from the UTF, but didn't take part in the War of Stars
>Show begins 30 years after the War of Stars

And that's some of the backstory for Mobile Suit Gundam White Wolf. Want more?
>>
File: Deathsheadcomic.jpg (52KB, 202x228px) Image search: [Google]
Deathsheadcomic.jpg
52KB, 202x228px
>>15792138
>All is bleak until some badass calling himself the Lord Death's Head appears and musters an army, called the Death's Head Legion, that is superior to everyone in tech and skills
What kind of warlord would ever call themselves that. And how would they ever gather a technologically superior force? Zeon had sides, Axis had time, Neo Neo Zeon had Anaheim, Ronahs had Jupiter. You don't conjure followers without people noticing and especially not when you have that stupid name.
>>
File: 7ZZj8B0.png (308KB, 610x885px) Image search: [Google]
7ZZj8B0.png
308KB, 610x885px
>>15792138
>Gundam White Wolf

Remember to use silver beam saber against those pesky newtypes
>>
animated srw alpha series when
>>
>>15792166
>What kind of warlord would ever call themselves that
Nobunaga Oda.
He procalimed himself to be the 6th Demon King. There was also a time in China when rulers would give themselves epithets like "The Small" and "Emperor Of Dirt" because....I guess maybe they wanted people to think they weren't worth invading. Kind of like that whole "Greenland/Iceland" scam.
Ivan The Terrible also comes to mind. Not to mention extremely popular modern fictional characters like Darth Vader (which sort of means "dark father" but the two words are from two different languages), Doctor DOOM, Lord Hater, and even musical groups with names like Anthrax, Megadeth, Cannibal Corpse, Deicide, Gravediggaz, and so on.

That said, "Lord Death's Head" is a little too tryhard.
>>
>>15792293
Fair point but usually it's either they were given such nicknames by others or they were people who couldn't give a shit about PR. When you're trying to set up a working society with permanent goverment and you no longer have any foreign enemies then you should better come up with a name that invokes loyality and trust instead of making you obvious edgelord bad guy.
>>
File: ELS_GNX.jpg (37KB, 590x418px) Image search: [Google]
ELS_GNX.jpg
37KB, 590x418px
Why are people so angry about aliens appearing in Gundam? I think it deserves to be given some consideration. I'd actually like a series taking place in Star Wars style multicultular "used future" setting with tons of alien races.
>>
>>15792166
He did the following:
>United multiple lesser factions (who were fed up with all the bullshit that was happening in the Sol system) under one banner
>Forged secret alliances with various companies that would supply him with the materials for his army (and made countermeasures that they wouldn't betray him, as well as countermeasures that would bite them in the ass hard enough in case they did have the balls to betray him)
>"Borrowed" some useful tech that he had polished by scientists he liberated from the varying big game factions (all while making it look like the work of someone of the major factions or one of the lesser factions that he didn't like due crossing lines he himself wouldn't cross)
>Recruited people from many areas in secrecy or under the guise of non-combatant factions (and since there were a lot of lesser factions, both independent and under the influence of the major factions, then it would be seen as normal)
>Recruits came from all aspects of life and who all shared a disillusion in any normal chances of peace in Sol
>Had the most important facilities kept on the outskirts of the Sol system (under tons of masking tech) or places that had a shitton of frequency problems

He took a lot of notes from Aeolia and Celestial Being here. Then made his appearance when everyone else were unaware of his legion. And the name? Originally he didn't wanted to call himself like that, but the soldiers he had under his command called him like that more and more frequently. Not helped by the fact that he did wear non-stop a skull-like helmet when he was still solo. But it stuck since he wanted to strike fear into those who further divided humanity and made profit from wars instead of fixing the basic problems and advance the race.

Also he had longevity due to him being the first cyberman, so he had a lot of time to prepare.

>>15792293
>>15792300
Well I tried to go for a Dark is Not Evil route. Also tried it in a deeds over words thing.
>>
>>15792303
I honestly think (by the way you present it) having aliens as different colored humans is a boring idea.
>>
>>15791907
>>15792138
>>15792309
With everyone throwing around their ideas I might give it a try myself:

>Mankind is spread across several star systems
>Slow travel and communication makes colonies grow apart from Earth
>War breaks out
>Earth wins but at horrible cost
>Goverment is overthrown with single leader taking power
>Fast forward several hundred years hummanity is ruled in faccist fashion with every sign of rebellion being quenched brutally.
>Main cast is part of the fleet making sure all colonies stay in line
>They start out as idealist hitlerjugend style cadets but slowly begin to realize how the world really works
>Sudden rebel alliance appears
>MC joins the ragtag bunch
>Rebel shenanigans occur until finalle
>At key point MC realizes that rebels are too weak to overthrow their enemies and hold the rule
>backstabbing ensues
>MC is last one standing proclaims themselves EMPRAH 4 LIFE
>At the end they realize that they reached point of beggining
>Cry

As a sidenote I've been also thinking about how mechs could be divided.
>Have them split into 4 generations based on time they were deployed
>gen 1 is bulky boxy and museum pieces meant as proof of concept
>gen 2 is ace custom prototype meant to determine how to use MS on the battlefield. They occasionally appear piloted by some veterans.
>gen 3 is mass produced grunt suit. Not as good as gen 2 but more flexible and easier to maintain with modular systems and weapons
>gen 4 is Gundam
>>
>>15792309
You can't build an army strong enough to defeat everybody else without anyone noticing. Cloaked space stations are cool but in order to set them up you'd need to already have funds and manpower that makes you wonder if there's really a need for it. It's way above the scale of anything Celestial Being tried to do. And somebody would probably start looking for where all those scientists and soldiers have gone. Stealing top tier military technology is also hard to do unnoticed.
>>
>>15792177
In this AU, there are cybermen instead of newtypes.

Think nanite-enhanced people who had improved survival capabilities on hostile worlds and the ability to communicate with machine AIs (both normal and sentient) and people through machines. Not to mention some cybermen gaining truly unique abilities over time (like healing factors, ability to hijack any machine with their minds and more).

They were supposed to be a way for humanity to achieve new heights. Instead they were used as weapons (extremely efficient ones to boot). Due to this people distrust or, in some situations, downright hate them for this.

To add insult to this is that most cybermen are incapable of having kids due to their nanites. So the only way for them to have kids is via cloning or adopting orphans.

The Lord Death's head is a cyberman too. The first one to boot and made with a technique that was supposed to be the actual one used in creating cybermen (the one every other cyberman was done was a incomplete, bastardized one because the major factions didn't have full data on it).

His father was the one to invent the method and the very idea of cybermen. Wanted to unite humanity, but the major factions simply wanted to wage war for profit. Said factions also saw cybermen as nothing more than tools for their use.

So the LDH's father gets killed, but not before the scientist injects him (he was a kid back then) with the prototype nanites and launched him into space and destroying most of the data.

Apart of the standard abilities, the LDH can have kids. His nanites also gave him the possibility to give his descendants all his memories and experiences (and this ability is shared with every new LDH, which means ever new descendant has the memories and experiences of his parent and grandparents).

One of the things in White Wolf is that the last LDH was killed by traitors among the Legion and the cycle seemingly broken. This would also be a plot point.
>>
File: IMG_0586.jpg (147KB, 1060x707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0586.jpg
147KB, 1060x707px
>>15792354
TFW
>The Lord Death's head is a cyberman too
>>
>>15792348
Unless the ID's of the scientists (and their looks) would be changed (or made it look that they died in overkill ways), the soldiers would be camouflaged as independent PMC's, and the LDH could additionally make satellite companies and foundations that would give the Legion the needed funds.

But I see your point here. Celestial Being could pulled it off due to being so small. Here we're talking about something that is an actual army that would make A-Laws, Titans and Gjallarnhorn combined look tiny by comparison.

On the other hand with the whole tech thing it would also look like this that most of it was reverse-engineered from one thing the Lord Death's Head gained from one of his runs on a government company that is not!Anaheim. And you know what I'm talking here (Gundam that is sentient to boot). Of course he torched the place and took the data before doing so.

This resulted in gaining an edge for him to later wage his campaign to destroy the warring factions and usher in peace for humanity.

The Gundam he gained was named Myrmidon. With the data from him he also created another Gundam called Draconis that instead of having a traditional AI, it had a not!Master Asia wired into it as the AI, minus the mental degeneration Ein Dalton had + still having a cockpit for a pilot), used the scientists to create Mobile Suits that would be adaptable and reliant in every way, and even sought out other sentient AIs to put them into Gundams (among them the titular White Wolf). The Gundams and also served as a testbed for new weapons as they got the newest and sweetest prototype gears that was either original or stolen from other factions by impersonating other major players or minor factions he hated for being assholes (as said before).

But I still see that there might be some holes in it...

>>15792363
Darn. Got me here.
>>
>>15792329
That looks pretty dark.
>>
>>15792303
More people are mad at the MC turning into a immortal alien/gundam/human hybrid.
>>
>>15792303
I'd like it if there were alien life-forms in a Gundam show. But alien fauna and flora.

Gundam's unique for not having alien civilizations and 00 and Crossbone Ghost are the only ones that break the mold.
>>
>>15793209
That is by including non-civilized aliens that is.
>>
>>15786853

Seeing as next year is the 0079 Anniversary, we're /probably/ getting Origin 0079.
>>
>>15793464
Oh well...

Hoping it will be good at least.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.