[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Harvest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: iron harvest.jpg (118KB, 1271x710px) Image search: [Google]
iron harvest.jpg
118KB, 1271x710px
Iron Harvest

Mechs in a turn of the century, early 1900's style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT29OGk_Byc
>>
And if I could point out my favorite part of that video, at 0:27 you can watch one machine bayonet charge another
>>
File: nice desu ne.jpg (26KB, 467x413px) Image search: [Google]
nice desu ne.jpg
26KB, 467x413px
>>15786114
>WW1 mecha
Ok, you've caught my attention.
>>
File: banner.png (717KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
banner.png
717KB, 1200x630px
>>
I think it's telling that the ~2 Iron Harvest threads aren't getting a lot of attention.
tfw was never a big fan of the artist whose works the game is based on
>>
>>15786315
this, i recognize this art from months ago. the aesthetic is nice but what more is there?
>>
>>15787008
>the aesthetic is nice but what more is there?

This.
The game is an RTS so it's as good as dead. No one will buy or play it.
The writing is atrocious and clearly takes a setting with bear cavalry and walking trashcans far more seriously than any sane person would.
The graphics are dated at best.
The developers have 0 previous RTS experience and even the best studios around have all made nothing but shit on their very first try and only started making playable games with the 2nd or 3rd game produced.
>>
>>15786114
>Iron Harvest
>Mechs in a turn of the century, early 1900's style

Oh you mean Turn A?
>>
What's with the "rts so no one will buy it"? Is that the trend these days?
>>
>>15786119
Up until that point I figured it was some kind of CoH mod but this is a drastic departure from that.
>>
>>15787031
Oh hush troll.
>>
>>15787094

The Mechs themselves weren't of the time period in Turn A
>>
>>15787348
Dunno about the rest of this place but I'm someone who grew up on RTS games and see that no traditional one has done well since 2010, when Wings of Liberty was released.

Regardless if it's Activision Blizzard, Relic, Westwood or random indie schmucks doing it, they all fail in the same way.
IP names are also irrelevant, as great names have fallen to this just as new IPs have.

Simply put, 2010s is a horrible time to have anything to do with RTS games with merely 2 exceptions.
Remasters are doing okay, provided their expenditures are laughable so the money brought in by them couldn't feed a real game project, anyway.
The other anomaly is the Wargame series. Which, for better or worse, did create something people want and enjoy and carved out a fairly comfortable niche for itself. The creators of it tried making a traditional RTS and it tanked horribly as well so it's not like these Frenchmen hold the holy grail of RTS genius or something.

7 years is a fucking long ass time to make up one's mind and see the writing on the wall.
>>
File: e1e.jpg (458KB, 841x775px) Image search: [Google]
e1e.jpg
458KB, 841x775px
>>15787031
>takes a setting with bear cavalry and walking trashcans far more seriously than any sane person would.
>>
>>15787398
I meant the delivery of the last line.

"They said this was the war to end all wars, prepare to fight!"
The people designing this things are more than definitely fine with silly (and there is a lot of silly stuff in the universe they're adapting), whereas the people in the writing team seem to have not gotten the message at all and are pushing for a war drama of sorts.
I'd prefer the team to be on the same line and pushing towards the same goals.
>>
>>15787414
So what would you rather have? Some kind of gladiatorial combat game with national stereotypes and irreverent humor?

I don't think it's a stretch to expect the WAR game to have a WAR plotline
>>
>>15786114
>American style mecha

Puke

No thanks
>>
>>15787798
>American style mecha

There's nothing as American as a Polish nobody who grew up in a Warsaw Pact country drawing pictures of the old countryside with some random robots in them.

The guy downright oozes burgers, I tell ya.
>>
>>15786114
Yeah ok, but what about Scythe tho?
>>
>>15787944

Another entry in the "Spend literally 140 hours learning the rules" board game.
>>
>>15786114
I don't like steampunk
>>
>>15787982

Disealpunk, actually.
>>
>>15786114
I remember there was a board game with the same theme, can't remember the name
>>
>>15786114
anyone else incredibly disappointed that this is an RTS rather than literally any other genre

>>15787386
I'd say one of the reasons they do terribly these days is that RTS games usually have way too damn high of a skill floor for most people to bother investing in(I know I've never been able to get past the first couple levels of any RTS I've ever played)

>>15788056
Scythe
>>
>>15788063
>'ve never been able to get past the first couple levels of any RTS I've ever played)

no even Age of Empires? you must suck then.
>>
>>15788076
I know HOW to play them, the issue is I'm terrible of keeping track of everything that's happening, or to be able to react in a prompt enough manner

I blame the fact that I have both Autism and ADD/ADHD so my attention span is absolutely crap
>>
>>15788063
>anyone else incredibly disappointed that this is an RTS rather than literally any other genre

It could have been like foxhole. But I honestly have no problem with this being an rts.
>>
>>15788056
Yesh, it has a board game.

Okay but kind of swingy, if you get a good random encounter early on you pull way ahead if you get a free robot to hit the centre of the board turns ahead of everyone else, probably claiming more and better territory, and having a big head start to the factory. My friend complains that the "draw two random encounters" faction is the best because of that. Also if you have really shit luck and neither of the two encounter locations give you anything good you're stuck grinding materials to get to the centre.
>>
>>15786114

>People upset the game based on a BOARD GAME is an RTS

Holy fuck
>>
>>15788134
honestly I was hoping it'd be like Iron Brigade/Trenched(which really needs a sequel or HD Remaster)
>>
>>15788196
The board game isn't about combat. You're almost always penalized for attacking someone by tanking your reputation which is really important for tallying your score at the end of the game.

Mostly the board game is about gathering resources, managing upgrades, and parking your butt on territories.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.