[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam 0079 TV or Movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: BD-MSG-TitleCard.png (93KB, 310x233px) Image search: [Google]
BD-MSG-TitleCard.png
93KB, 310x233px
So I was wondering which is more canon, since certain things happen and don't happen in each version.
>>
Eh, I'd say the movies are more canon since they effectively complete the series more than the actual tv show, which was cut short during its original run. Zeta is a different story since those movies drastically alter the timeline of events.
>>
why do you care? it doesn't matter what is canon and what's not
>>
>>15785318
It doesn't really matter. I'm just wondering what the more complete version would be I guess, and also if Tomino considers it to be closer to what it envisoned when writing it.
>>
>>15785279
inb4 Black Knight gets here
>>
It's like Macross Plus
The movie cuts a lot of stuff some good some bad, but the movie had the much better ending sequence.

Watch both unless you're a fag who doesn't want to watch robot cartoons.
>>
File: th (1).jpg (9KB, 300x209px) Image search: [Google]
th (1).jpg
9KB, 300x209px
TV, but the movies are good if you're trying to get a friend or something into Gundam.
>>
>>15785356
There's literally nothing bad about the series.
>>
>>15785345
Is he the production order fag?
>>
>>15785339
>the more complete version
The version with more content, obviously.
> also if Tomino considers it to be closer to what it envisoned when writing it.
You'd have to read his novel for that. Gundam was made what is is by many people. Fuck what Tomino thinks about it.
>>
>>15785279
Tomino said there was series canon and movie canon, and neither was elevated above the other. But people who prefer the series will say it's what really happened and the movies are the condensed version, and people who prefer the movies will say that they retconned the series, mostly because the Core Booster shows up in a couple of three second flashbacks in later works.
And pretty soon we'll be full-swing into people insisting that Origin is the new official canon since it looks like they're going to do the whole OYW and not just the prequel parts.
>>
> Come back to /m/ after a few years.
> It's exactly the same threads as last time.
This must be what coming home feels like.
>>
>>15785650
The Origins OYW stuff is pretty different too, from what I've heard. I've read up to the Char flashback bit, and up to date with the OVA, I havnt't finished it yet, but considering how the the OVa bits are i'm not sure i'd like the changes.

>>15785356
It's been a while since I've seen the series, how does the the ending differ from the movies?
>>
>>15785360
>TV,

The TV version is shit, there is a reason why is was cut short. I know it will come as a surprise to /m/-tards, but you don't get kudos for liking shit.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.