[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is /m/s opinion on Gundam Wing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

what is /m/s opinion on Gundam Wing?
>>
>>15785277
Some like it, some dislike it. It's not popular enough at present to present controversy or bring it up in recent discussions, and so it's mostly left alone.
Ripe for the occasional shitpost, though.
>>
>>15785277
Mechs: Check
Zechs: Check
Checks: Check
>>
>>15785277
I dropped it around episode 35-ish because the pacing was so slow. Sort of regret it though as I gather it gets good at the end.
>>
>>15788057
Dropping it right before Epyon starts doing crazy shit.

Man, you made it that far in, might as well finish it off.
>>
>>15785277
It gets way better once you stop trying to take it seriously and accept its stupid shit. Watching the cheesy as fuck dub can help in that regard.
>>
I really didn't like it, it was boring and the best things about it are copied from UC.
The mobile suits are ok a least.
>>
>>15785277
Babys first gundam
>>
>>15788283
This.
I regret watching it fully. The plot was awful, choreography was awful, hated the characters. The constant flipflopping of sides and attempts at politicking and bantz irked me more than anything with how shallow they were.

The decent grunt design was something, but at the same time it felt badly wasted since 90% of the time they just explode and rarely challenge the main cast. This also baffles me because in the last part of the series when all of Earth sends its troops to fight they're pretty much entirely in space Leos, which somehow manage to inflict casualties on a massive force of fucking Virgos and Virgo IIs.
>>
It's mechs are colorful and bold, the music is bombastic, and the action is good enough to hold over the cheesy performances of its charters, an overall weak story, and the never ending expansion of factions in the universe.

Well, that is true up until episodes 16-20, after which faction of the week takes over and each of the gundams and/or pilots takes a break from the action (sometimes simultaneously). Once all the pieces are in place for the finale, you're in for lots of action, but we're talking the last five or so episodes.
>>
I just started watching it after only catching five or six episodes as a kid (didn't have cable, so I only ever watched it at friends' houses), and holy shit it is so much worse than I remember it. I'm still going to finish it because of nostalgia and that peculiar 90s anime charm, but Heero and Relena both act like autstic fuckheads.

I'm going to take the other anon's advice and just not take it seriously at all. It's weird how my opinion of the characters has done a complete 180 since I was a kid. Quatre is honestly the only character so far I actually like.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.