[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ideon Groupwatch Thread #2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 124

Welcome to the 2nd Ideon Groupwatch thread.

Each day, we'll watch an episode of Ideon and discuss it together.

For only 30 minutes of your time a day, you'll be able to experience what it's like to horribly fuck up first contact with an alien race.

You can get your episodes from the following locations:

HD Downloads here: https://mega.nz/#F!Q7I1XLLA!lIu_NK1GBQxTOZzOEaObPQ

SD Downloads here: https://secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/tag/ideon/
>>
You may now start watching episode 6

That means you can discuss all the events found in episodes 1 to 6.

Please refrain from posting content from future episodes, as we don't want to spoil any first time watchers of the show.

Thank you kindly.
>>
Reminder that the official batch with v2s is still being worked on, so it's retarded to start watching the series now

https://kaixerho.wordpress.com/2017/06/07/m3-sono-kuroki-hagane-bd/
>>
>>15785252
I'm using the v2 translations though.

Also these fucking kids have just ruined everything. Thus showing why young children have no place in robot shows. Why they forgot this in Zeta I do not know.
>>
>Bitch tells Bes these giant red trucks are actually relics from an alien civilization.
>He laughs on her face.
Bes is something else. I was expecting another Bright.

I quite like the transformation; for a 70s robot show, it makes a lot of sense. I'd even call it realistic, considering it keeps unnecessary transformations to a minimum. The best example is the arms: sliding upwards the white covers to free the hands is faster and simpler than the usual "hands come out of the arms" method. And this shot is Obari as fuck before Obari was Obari.
>>
I updated cytube mog-rog with ep 6
>>
>>15785268
I don't think it's right to entirely blame the kids here.

To quot Lin, their caretaker,

"These kids have lost their parents. Can't you treat them a little better?"
>>
>>15785336
No, because their actions may have jeopardized the lives of everyone.
>>
>>15785337
They wanted to make flags to decorate their room.

Cosmo was the one who saw this and decided to use it to contact the enemy.

It's really not their fault, unless you're talking about something else.
>>
>>15785337
>>15785348
I can't blame anyone for this to be honest. Not Cosmo nor the kids. Everyone was surprised when they noticed that the white flag didn't actually mean a cease-fire/surrender.

And damn, I'm actually liking Cosmo's shitty attitude a lot. Especially in this episode.
>>
>>15785359
I love how nearly everyone is an asshole.
>>
File: Shingeki_no_Bahamut_Genesis.png (320KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
Shingeki_no_Bahamut_Genesis.png
320KB, 704x396px
Hi guys I came to visit your anime. Whaddup.
>>
>>15785359
By episode 6, you should all be aware of who the real villain of this show happens to be.
>>
>>15785389
I always suspected that damn chameleon.
>>
>>15785389
The source of all misunderstandings is the Ide himself.

And I thought this anime was about happy-go-lucky robots with rad disco colors.
>>
>>15785406
That's right, Anonymous.

The Flying Frog is the real true enemy of all human and human-like species populating the universe.

Mercy is simply not in his dictionary.
>>
>>15785389
I mean the opening song literally since episode 1 literally tells you THIS EVIL GIANT GOD IS GOING TO TEAR THE UNIVERSE ASUNDER SPACE RUN AWAY IDEON, IDEON!
>>
>>15785414
It's not "The Space Runaway, Ideon."

It's more like "Space, runaway from Ideon!!!"
>>
did you notice amuro at the end?
>>
I was wondering if they were just mashing buttons until they won as much as it looked or if it was just lolanime trying to depict robot controls
>>
>>15785427
I'm always wondering if controlling these robots is really that hard. But so far Ideon seems to be one of the most complex to control in any series I've seen.

I'm sure they've had their share of "Oops, I pressed that and it did something" in their off-screen training.
>>
>>15785434
>I'm always wondering if controlling these robots is really that hard.
If you play Steel Battalion you learn what it's like when you're not the son of the inventor or an ESPer

another Haro
>>
>>
Amuro
>>
>>15785464
Was it in the TV show or A Contact/Be Invoked that Tomino shows up as a background character?
>>
>>15785466
I guess we'll find out within 33 days.

Anyone else loving how much the pilots feel more like a crew of a tank or battleship than most robot shows? Not that it's bad to not have them like that, but it's a really interesting angle.
>>
Who's watching for the first time? Enjoying it? I unironically think it's a good series, it's just a little rough sometimes.
>>
>>15785466
I think the random running guy in Zeta is supposed to be him at least.
>>
>>15785493
Here.

I'm enjoying it a lot. I wonder if I'll be able to hold out on this one episode per day pacing though. I think I'll end up breaking that soon.
>>
>>15785464
So this is what happened to him after Char's Counterattack.

He teleported to another show!
>>
>>15785543
If you want to keep watching, that's fine with me.

Just make sure that you don't discuss anything beyond the currently watched episode by the thread, in the thread itself.
>>
>>15785493
Right here.
Its quite interesting and although some of the designs don't resonate with me I feel like its a good watch so far.
I also never felt overly sexually attracted to any females in 0079 which I thought was because of the animation style; turns out I was wrong because Ideon has some real cuties.
>>
>>15785616
But who is

best girl???
>>
>>15785466
Be Invoked
>>
>>15785671
Sheryl < Karala < Kasha < __Lin__
>>
>>15785543
Ideon can be a bit of a slog if you go through it too much at once.
>>15785555
>oh boy no more war and now I can- oh fuck
>>
First rule of dealing with aliens is that what means something to you doesn't necessarily mean the same to them. This happens even with other Earth cultures. And they have a member of the alien race right now and don't even bother to take two seconds to ask her about it.
>>
>>15785671
Do people even ever remember the third pilot? He doesn't have as strong a personality as Cosmo and Kasha.
>>
>>15785975
I just assumed it was Bes unless you're talking about that black guy then yeah.
>>
>>15785975
Moera? He gets his own dedicated episode later
>>
File: 6425520[1].png (174KB, 792x719px) Image search: [Google]
6425520[1].png
174KB, 792x719px
>>15786016
>>15786021
I can't even find any images of him on Google and skimmed through a few videos without finding any scenes of him too. I did find this though.
>>
>>15786037
Wait I guess this is him? I don't even recognize him outside his suit.
>>
>>15786047
Ideon likes to throw a lot of minor characters at you so you know that the ship is populated with people who are doing tons of little things.

The most prominent is probably Joliver, who's basically in charge of things when Bes isn't around. You've also got Top Crotch Gun Operator, Techno-san.

To quote an earlier Anon >>15785472

All the mecha in Ideon are basically treated like Tanks or Battleships. No one person is in charge of anything, as evident by scenes where Cosmo is simply flying the jet and other people are in charge of the guns, power management, and so on.
>>
>>15786096
>Ideon likes to throw a lot of minor characters at you so you know that the ship is populated with people who are doing tons of little things.
I very much like this. It's easy to write narrative when you pretend that one guy runs everything, with four delegates, but it starts straining belief after a while.
>>
>>15785493
I'm enjoying it so far. I like that the show does shove exposition in your face, and only reveals information when it's natural for the characters to do so. Like they mentioned Solo is in a different galaxy in episode 2, but the reason they chose Solo for colonization is only explained when they need to explain it to the aliens in episode 5.

>>15785406
He is clearly up to something nefarious.
>>
>>15786021
Its less dedicated to him and more dedicated to him yelling at an autistic child.
>>
File: This kid.png (518KB, 633x482px) Image search: [Google]
This kid.png
518KB, 633x482px
>>15786378
Forgot pic
>>
>>15785766

You're gonna be inserting Lotta into those tiers somewhere down the line, boy.
>>
File: 22979162_9.jpg (63KB, 450x345px) Image search: [Google]
22979162_9.jpg
63KB, 450x345px
S-Scary...
>>
>>15786959
delete this
>>
>>15785248
ah shit this is a really good thread concept, never finished ideon. bout to catch up and get in on this
>>
ah, bodily fluids
we're in TominoTown now
>>
>>
>>15787058
Honore flying frog.
>>
DAMN THE BUFF CLAN!
>>
>>15785248

Oh wow, so this thing is basically IDEON sigil?
>>
>>15787194
it spells out IDEON
the E is on its side pointing up
>>
>>15787221

Yeah, that's what a sigil is. Just didn't realize that before.
>>
File: Ideon.png (287KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
Ideon.png
287KB, 500x561px
>>15787194
>>15787221
Like this?
>>
Have people watched the next episode yet?
>>
>>15787650
No.
>>
>>15787650
Yes.
>>
>>15787650
Maybe
>>
DS drive activate

Coordinates: Episode 7!

You may start watching.
>>
>>15787784
>Disco ass battle theme intensifies
>>
anyone got good screenshots or art of all the ships?
>>
>>15787552
Deepest lore.
>>
Gije is my husband!
>>
Before we talk about episode 7, though, I'd like to point out a really cool thing episode 6 did.

I really like this bit because it shows the Buff Clan ships entering the atmosphere before they begin their assault.

It's just great.
>>
Another really cool bit from episode 6

Gije's Walker jumping up and "docking" with Damido's Fighter/Bomber.
>>
This episode follows up on Abadede's statement in an earlier episode about how Gije shouldn't get too involved with Karala.
>>
They love their Haro cameos.
>>
>>15788315
at this point I wonder if there's literally one hidden in every episode
>>
this episode had some great zap rays
>>
I'm a bit late.
>>
>>15789064
What do you think they felt like?
>>
>>15789276
salty coins and milk
>>
>>15789064
I get kind of a Kouji / Sayaka vibe from their interactions.
>>
File: 1250423747744.jpg (2MB, 2982x4296px) Image search: [Google]
1250423747744.jpg
2MB, 2982x4296px
>>15787806
I know there's this, not sure about anything else
>>
>>15789860

Ed Straker is gonna sue sorry ass Tomino.
>>
>>15789891
Why do the Japanese love UFO so much?
>>
>>15789954
>Why do the Japanese love UFO so much?

The original generation of people that worked in anime weren't otakus (as we understand them today). They were people like Tomino that had a good literary culture spanning across genres and countries. And they looked at the western world to see what good things they could adapt into japanese anime. It's no wonder, the english shows of the 60s such as Thunderbirds, Space 1999 and Ufo would capture the imagination of Tomino and people like him.
>>
>>15789954
Everybody loves Gerry Anderson, Anon.
>>
>>15787806
There's a small artbook on Sad Panda
>>
Why is she bullied like that?
>>
>>15790135
>Why is she bullied like that?

She's a bitch.
>>
>>15790140
Not more than Cosmo
>>
>>15790149
>Not more than Cosmo

Cosmo is the main hero, he has the luxury of being a bitch. The girl not so much, so she deserves every shit that comes her way.
>>
>>15785248
Reminder that Dislev is the antithesis of Ide. Keysar Ephes fears only Ide and he has the power of only one side of Solomon's Triangle.
Only Kazuma has the power of three sides of Triangle. Thus Kazuma >>>>>> Ide = Keysar Ephes
>>
>>15789995
they got Captain Scarlett, too, right?

also I've rotated in the next episode
>>
>>15790135
She's too gung ho. She's always wanting to go after the Buff Clan even if it's not the best strategy at the time. She actually reminds me of Asuka since they both have that kind of attitude. She's basically a not mentally ill Asuka. Though in the opposite direction since Ideon came first.
>>
Joliver!

Start episode 8 already!
>>
Well, it ain't Tranya, but I'll give anything a chance.
>>
>>
>I know it's scary having a new mommy, but Karala is a nice lady.
>Now promise me you'll be a nice girl to her and we'll get Mac on the way home.
>>
NEVER MIND THAT SHIT
WE SPACE /DINO/ NOW
>>
>>15790624
The critters in Ideon are great. And the true villains behind the scenes.
>>
BWAAAA NA
BWAAAA NA
DOO DOO DO-DO-DO
DOO DOO DO-DO DO-DO
>>
When Gije said an overseer for the duel did he mean the people who left? Because otherwise it's shitty talking about no overseer after starting a duel without establishing one.

Also it's funny how the Buff Clan keep thinking of humans as sub"human" despite them being pretty much identical.
>>
File: IdeonStepOnSamurai.webm (823KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IdeonStepOnSamurai.webm
823KB, 960x720px
>>
>>15790776
>When Gije said an overseer for the duel did he mean the people who left?

Yeah, Damido and the rest of the Buff Clan soldiers were supposed to serve that role.

But Damido had to go ahead and ruin things, as is typically expected of him.
>>
I think I'm definitely starting to get one of Ideon's major themes here.
>>
HONOR
FOR
HONOR
>>
>implying Logo Dau aliens are people
>>
>>15791921
SNOOTY
>>
>>15791921
They're logs, not people
>>
Tomino mah boi
>>
>>15792503
Asia at large loves the hilarious joke "and then he pissed everywhere"
>>
Bes and I have reached a severe difference of opinion.
>>
At first it annoyed me, but now I'm really starting to like how the Buff have a completely different set of morals and reason then humans. Their actions and words make them feel very alien even though design wise they are just humans with funky hair.
I also like a lot of the little details in the dialogue, like how Karala refers to the Buff homeworld as their Earth, or how the Buff said white is a color of aggression, which explains why all their military uniforms are white.

>>15792503
What's Tomino's deal with having naked kids in his shows?
>>
>>15788315
If only all the references were this subtle
>>
>>15792720
Anime and manga from the 80s didn't really have a problem with nudity. Look at Dragon Ball. Seems at some point people started just not drawing genitals and nipples even if you were showing a naked person full frontal.
>>
>>15792714
He just wants to be a father
>>
>>15792778
The jump from 80s Gundam to Turn A was jarring for me because of this.
>>
>>15791159

CHECK 'EM
>>
>>15792720
>What's Tomino's deal with having naked kids in his shows?

There wasn't such a pedo scare back then so it wasn't that weird.
>>
Gije is pretty cool

I hope Bes and him become friends
>>
>>15793031
Are we on episode 8 or 9.

GUIDE US VF-KUN.
>>
Everyone on this show is an asshole aside from Karala and maybe Bes.
>>
>>15793365
Episode 9 is the one to watch today but I don't know if there's a set time everyone is supposed to watch or not.
>>
Bes: Lawful good.
Joliver and Techno: Neutral good.
Cosmo and Kasha: Chaotic good.

Karala: Lawful neutral.
The children and any civilian: True neutral.
Sheryl: Chaotic neutral.

Gije: Lawful evil.
The rest of the Buff: Neutral evil
Damido: Chaotic evil.

The way I see it.
>>
>>15793422
Well, I'm too tired today so I'lljust watch two tomorrow.
>>
I've got 9 rotated in
>>
BES PUNCH
>>
Well, I watched 7 and 8 today. I'll continue with 9 and 10 tomorrow.

Is Bes secretly not only best boy, but best character?
>>
It's time for episode 9, fellas.

Are you Ideoning?

I'm Ideoning as we speak.
>>
It really seems like every episode is going to have a Haro cameo at this point.
>>
does anybody know if zenten uchuu corresponds with Dune's Known Universe
>>
I enjoyed the scene of Cosmo running around inside the Ideon complaining about the engine's power to everyone working on it.
>>
Me and my Alien Wife.

The new award winning sitcom by writer director Yoshiyuki Tomino.

>Oh, Karala. Toram for dinner again?
>Sheryl told me to make it!
>*audience laugh track*
>>
>>15794281
Scenes like that do a lot to impress the size of the thing on the viewer. Many mechs feel like they're just a slightly bigger guy. Ideon feels like a behemoth.
>>
>>15794292
Made better by showing how stressed out everyone is, and trying to assert themselves.

>I used to be a reserve pilot!
>Is that anything to boast about?
>>
I started watching this like a month ago but took a break due to being busy. Was on episode 19 so I might just wait until you guys catch up and continue. I find I don't have the patience to marathon it anyway and an episode a day is much more reasonable.
>>
>>15794599
You should just go ahead so you can watch Be Invoked because it's fucking amazing.
>>
Nice, I just started ideon too
>>
I love Kasha, especially when she screams BAKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>15794291
I'd watch it
>>
>>15794614
So I hear, but man some of these early teens episodes were a bit of a drag the ape planet one especially
>>
This may come in handy.
>>
>>15794595
I don't recall watching a series I've seen where the allies had such animosity between each other. Not even in Gundam from 0079 to ZZ had this problem.
>>
>>15795374
I suspect it was done on purpose to make us not mind so much when the Solo Ship goes through shit.
>>
>>15795370
Look at Damido's fucking face in that scene.

To say he's overjoyed about Gije's failures up to this point would be underestimating just how much of an erection he's sporting.

>>15795374
I honestly find it to be an endearing aspect of the show.

You've got all these people from different age groups, different backgrounds, and different cultures being sent forth to colonize a planet.

That's stressful enough.

Toss in relics from an ancient civilization, honor-bound aliens and even I'd start yelling 24/7.
>>
>Be told going into DS space is a trap
>"Shut up you alien bitch, you're lying to us! Bes, shove us into hypespace.
>It's a trap
>"IT'S ALL THAT ALIEN BITCH'S FAULT."

Sheryl is such a cunt. I love it.
>>
File: karala.jpg (378KB, 960x2944px) Image search: [Google]
karala.jpg
378KB, 960x2944px
Do I smell jealousy
>>
>>15795415

Nah, just 'concern.'
>>
I think the main theme of this show, at this point, is "It's hard to get along with other people"
>>
>>15795418
I was half expecting Sheryl to yell at Bes for clinging to her.
>>
Can we discuss episode 10 yet or is that still an hour away?

Because I'm watching it right now and I want to comment on it.
>>
>>15795441
Just what is a Nejipiko anyway?
>>
>>15795370
Is Damido the first Char clone?
>>
>>15795963
No, he isn't nearly as "successful" or sociopathic.
>>
>>15796016
He is an asshole though.

Then again, so are most of the characters.
>>
>>15796048
Just wait until you meet Daram and Harulu.
>>
>>15796083
She's turned up. I look forward to her bitchiness.
>>
He's so smug, I love it
>>
I love the crystaline planet look; are we going to be going to more crazy planets over the course of the series?
>>
>>15796293
Please don't spoil what happens later

I know he asked but these threads should be spoiler-free. Thank you
>>
>>15796320
I meant it more as a rhetorical question. Should have been more careful with my phrasing.
>>
>>15796341
It's ok, and it wasn't a big spoiler anyway, but it's better if we try to refrain from discussing later episodes
>>
>>15796048
Well, he's not quite prominent enough in his role. Also, Gije is essentially an outer space predecessor to Burn Bunnings.
>>
So, can we discuss episode 10 yet? Using spoiler tags just in case.

As soon as I saw Abedebe's kid and his wife telling him she was pregnant, I knew this was going to be his last episode.
>>
>>15796568
I had written him off as soon as he said he was unwilling to face Harulu and was heading off on his own.

The wife and son part just confirmed his state as super-fucked.
>>
kek, I though that was Harulu
>>
File: tumblr_m82c1p4ZQ71r45g3go1_500.gif (960KB, 467x350px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m82c1p4ZQ71r45g3go1_500.gif
960KB, 467x350px
>>15796611
Speaking of Harulu, definitely looking forward to seeing more of her.

Also this fucking scene.
>>
>>15796638
So they're friends now, right?
>>
>>15796638
The dramatic music was what really made that scene for me.
>>
>>15796638
The fact this loops perfectly is my favorite thing from the entire series.
>>
bonk
>>
It's episode 10 time.

You may start watching and discussing.
>>
>>15797029
Think we jumped the gun on that.

Let's see, what to say...

as other have pointed out, the planet's quite interesting. I wonder if we're going to be seeing various strange alien worlds. The crystaline plantlife, the robotic looking fauna, all very interesting.

Abedebe's death was pretty obvious; from the moment he set out on his own, plus as others have said, the message from his family.

Karala and Sheryl are never going to get along, are they?

Buff Clan contine to have great designs.

Cosmo and Kasha continue to be spiteful towards each other which is delightful.

The action continues to be interesting and the animation, is a bit hard to properly express, but I think the closest way to frame it is that it's like Gundam's but on model. Nothing has stuck out in the mind as real QUALITY as of yet.

The soundtrack continues to be amazing. Very funky, 70s sounding stuff.

Also the decision to only watch an episode a day is a great one. I really want to watch the next episode as soon as I can, but waiting to discuss just makes you more eager to watch.
>>
>>15797054
Oh yeah, animals.

From the dinosaurs last two episodes to the strange machine like creatures this episode to the earlier examples, this series is just packed with animals.
>>
>>15797054
Yeah the soundtrack for the show is great. The animation is kind of stiff but it's not any worse than some other shows I've seen from around this time.
>>
>>15785248
For a good 10 seconds I thought Karulu was the stocky girl and was like "shit, I guess she got the bad genes. I bet she hates her sister."
>>
>>15795456

I have a feeling it's a rodent, or a feline.
>>
CAN'T A GUY JUST REPAIR HIS ANCIENT MACHINE IN PEACE FOR ONCE
>>
Oh right, this is the slapfest episode.
>>
>>15797054
>Karala and Sheryl are never going to get along, are they?

What's really interesting to me is how they seem to be "misplaced"

Sheryl seems like she'd do quite well if she were born into Buff Clan society, and the opposite seems to be true of Karala.
>>
Great episode, even if Abadade's death was done too predictably. I love the Bajin's design and cencept, but it seems the show is becoming "planet of the week".

>>15797904
>can't even finish a single sandwich
"His is a tale of sorrow".
>>
So onto today's episode.

Once more the Buff Clan leadership fails to heed warnings and dismisses the Solo ship.

Once more everyone shits on Karala for something that's not her fault.

Once more Cosmo is a dick.

And we're not even at the half-way mark!
>>
>>15799314
Interesting combat; everyone feeling each other out, not really landing any solid blows; interesting how Karala isn't always right and how that leads to suspicion.
>>
Get in here and I'll wash your hair.

No?

Then let's watch Ideon's 11th episode instead.
>>
Just like how every episode has a Haro cameo, every episode has Damido standing in the background looking smug while Gije attempts to rationalize his shame.
>>
I like how they keep finding those tracking devices but just leave them because they don't know what they are.
>>
>>15800294
"This place is full of stuff I don't understand," said Cosmo as he picked up the Buff Clan tracking device shortly before the Buff Clan's most blood hungry soldiers entered the atmosphere.
>>
>>15800318
"This must be Karala's fault!"
>>
File: IdeonDrone.webm (3MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
IdeonDrone.webm
3MB, 960x720px
>>
>>15800330
You better watch out!
>>
>I was searched when I was first imprisoned
>Right, Sheryl-san?
Sounds like the basis for a doujin.
>>
>>15800360
We'll have to go back in time, disguise ourselves as locals, and attend Comiket 15/16.

I'll be counting on you for this mission, Anonymous. Don't let your pride as a Sa/m/urai get the better of you.
>>
>>15800364
Too late, I already got myself killed for being an obstinate shithead who can't work as a team member because that's the buff clan way.
>>
I love this show's ending and they seem to use the same (or similar) melody without vocals in the episodes sometimes.
>>
>>15800371
Oh well.

There's always next time.
>>
There are a lot of great reaction images in this show.
>>
Sshhhh.

Harulu-sama is sleeping.
>>
>>15800416
I want to do awful things to Harulu.
>>
>>15800294
This becomes a recurring thing.
"Hey what's this"
"Fuck if I know leave it where it is."
Suddenly Buff Clan
>>
>>15800444
I hope it keeps going throughout the show.
>>
>>15800318

There's a reason why they don't know it's a radio transmitter. But yeah it's pretty funny
>>
>>15797988

Sheryl is just really uptight and doesn't like this alien hoe.
>>
>>15800383
The look Bes's face right there is priceless
>>
File: oh god.jpg (365KB, 2199x1923px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.jpg
365KB, 2199x1923px
>>15800635
All these years.

All these years I've been dreaming of this.

My very own hot sex alien wife.

Kirk-senpai... if you could only see me now.
>>
>>15800746
Her skin isn't an odd color though.
>>
>>15800751
Not all space babes have weird color skin.
Like that time Scotty killed that hooker. They were all normal looking.
>>
I really enjoy this show's music so far.
>>
>>15800798
I do like the music but I still think the battle music gets a bit repetitive and they should have had another 1 or two songs to use. Seems like every battle has the same couple songs, and sometimes it seems like they're even played in the same order.
>>
>>15800811
There's that one song that always play during the climax of nearly every episode as the Ideon is suddenly powered up. It's a great piece of music but the moment it starts playing in the background you know they're wrapping the action up in the next 20 seconds.
>>
>>15800868
https://youtu.be/qAUmG6ixKpk?t=32s
>>
>>15800758
>Like that time Scotty killed that hooker
I'd forgotten about that episode. I feel like rewatching it except I'm in the middle of a DS9 binge and I don't want to lose my tempo.
>>
>>15800337

I thought that thing was pretty neat. Don't the colonists/Earth Union have recon drones too?
>>
>>15800925
technically he's really possessed by the space demon that was also responsible for Jack The Ripper
>>
Woah Sheryl really is a huge bitch

I wonder if it's because she craves Bes' dick, or that's just her personality
>>
>>15802004
I haven't seen her really show much interest in Bes so I think it's just her personality combined with the stress.
>>
>Damido getting his shit punched in

Gije finally got his revenge
>>
>>15802038
Get fuuuuuuuuucked!
>>
>>15801287
Not really, although later (much later) they get a very good surveillance tool.

>>15802038
He'll be back!
>>
File: 1417445892568.jpg (177KB, 428x429px) Image search: [Google]
1417445892568.jpg
177KB, 428x429px
I came here for the Afro.
>>
Who isn't watching but is lurking here and reading the comments anyway? I've seen it already like 8 years ago
>>
>>15802340
I started watching it because of the last thread but finished it in a few days and am just waiting to talk about the later episodes and Be Invoked.
>>
Frankly I'm getting tired of the characters fighting all the time

We get it Sheryl, you hate Karala

We get it Kasha, you're a war-mongering bitch

Bes and Karala seem like the only characters who don't get pissed every 10 seconds
>>
>>15802392
>Only characters that aren't mad all the time are the only people that are fucking

Coincidence?
>>
>>15802410
>The power of Ide is the power of love

Now it all makes sense
>>
Hatari's eyebrow is still the biggest mystery.
>>
I'm watching episode 12 now and no one can stop me!
>>
>>15802466
So did they make the spy's uniform themself, or was it taken from Solo?
>>
Oh boy, Karala's making coffee.

This will end well. Time for Cosmo to shove his big afro where it doesn't belong.
>>
>SOMEONE'S SPREADING RUMOURS AROUND!
>WE'RE ALL SUCH NICE LOVELY PEOPLE, SO IT CAN'T BE US! I BET IT'S THE ALIEN BITCH.

F
u
c
k
'
s

s
a
k
e
>>
>>15802490
Oh this meeting between Karala and Haralu is going to go swimmingly.
>>
>>15802502
>They came here to laugh at her.
>>
IDEOOOOON KICK!
>>
And once again, being Karala is suffering.
>>
>>15802529
>The two embrace in the shadow of the Ideon

What did Tomino mean by this.

Also fuck's sake they're still bullying Karala.
>>
>>15802532
This is actually where I stopped watching on my first time through.

First because the series hadn't been fully encoded/properly subbed yet with the BD release.

And second because I was marathoning it and holy fuck does Karala's suffering begin to really bother you when you watch it all in quick succession.

This series really is making me look forward to when everyone but Bes and Karala dies.
>>
>>15802566
As in I'll be happy when everyone's dead but not when Bes/Karala bite it.
>>
>>15802566
>>15802572
The shot of her dead body covered by a blanket is grim and brutal as fuck. There's something about it that simple gore and edgy stuff can't achieve.
>>
Oh my

Is it time for episode 12 already
>>
>>15802719
I love how even the Buff clan are unwilling to go along with Harulu's cruelty at first.

Bitch be crazy. I love her.
>>
I'll try to keep the cytube current but I might wander off from this for a few days as I try to catch up on AAA in advance of their big annual wrassleshow
>>
You can start grinding Giant Rockworms for great EXP in your ancient death machine when you hit level 72.
>>
>>
>>15803045
Why is Bes pretending to suck dick while looking at Cosmo?
>>
>>15803068
Even the Buff Clan are confused.
>>
I like the uniform designs in Ideon.
>>
Karala is such a disgusting whore.

random men have seen her bare tits. She might as well kill herself.
>>
We don't have enough shots for Harulu in this thread.

Let's try to fix that.
>>
OMINOUS.

The music choice for this scene was honestly amazing.
>>
>>15803086
Based Sugiyama strikes again.
>>
>>15803086
This was the worst season of MLAIOS
>>
File: m.jpg (2MB, 1648x5950px) Image search: [Google]
m.jpg
2MB, 1648x5950px
>>15803045
This one should go in the guide, if we don't find a better one.
>>
>>15803306
it's literally the same as Zeta Gundam
>>
Bump for today!
>>
>>15785248
So where is link to the old tread am kinda interested in what everyone thinks.
>>
File: 1428713880052.jpg (76KB, 600x884px) Image search: [Google]
1428713880052.jpg
76KB, 600x884px
Haven't watched it in a few years but isn't ep 13 up until they get to that human base just kinda MotW plus 'How fucking horrible can we possibly treat Karala?' otW?
>>
Wow it's pure love
>>
All smiles.

It's time for episode 13!
>>
>>
>>15804613
Bes/Karala is the otp
>>
Another episode with great use of music during the climax.
>>
>>15805705
>>15805717
Cosmo and Kasha would make a good pair too.
>>
It's all about JoliverxKasha.
>>
File: IMG_0201.png (277KB, 636x477px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0201.png
277KB, 636x477px
>>15803045
Stupid sexy Cosmo
>>
>>15805728
CosmoxKitty > CosmoxKasha

Although it doesn't really matter which of the two you prefer because it ends with KittyxCosmoxKasha
>>
File: ded.png (1MB, 1443x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ded.png
1MB, 1443x1080px
rip in peace
>>
>>15806068
I find it interesting that both this episode and the last one open up with a shot of the rock creatures.
>>
I like this shot so much. It's the kind of shit I watch Tomino shows for.
>>
I liked that the Ideon is finally taking physical damage, instead of just the electric shocks.

>>15805726
The narration (and even Cosmo's commentary) at the very end kinda ruined it for me. The silence during ending of episode 12 made it a lot more powerful.
>>
>Sheryl defending Karala

What the fuck
>>
Time for episode 14.
>>
>>15807884
Damido has really grown on me
>>
This show is fucking incredible.
>>
>>15786037

This site covers just about everything and everyone about the show, including Moera - beware of spoilers:
http://counter-x.net/ideon/characters/solo_colonists/moera_fatima.html
>>
>>15803080
delete this
>>
File: ideonspreadattack.png (2MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ideonspreadattack.png
2MB, 1437x1080px
The signature attack Anno loves so much.

I'm so glad I have a reason to rewatch this show with all of you guys.
>>
File: itbegins.png (1MB, 1437x1080px) Image search: [Google]
itbegins.png
1MB, 1437x1080px
It begins
>>
Lots of cool shots in this episode.
>>
>>
Thought you were invincible, didn't you?
>>
I wonder who voiced it.

ANN lists Hidekatsu Shibata (Male voice for Baron Ashura in Toei's Mazinger Z, MSG's Degwin Zabi, among other roles), but the Japanese wiki lists him as only appearing in A Contact and Be Invoked.

There are no credits for the voice in ED, either.
>>
>>15802340
Same here. Will keep an eye for these threads, cant miss Be invoked.
>>
>>15808051
What kind of incredible?
I found it the good kind
>>
So, how did you guys feel about episode 14?

Did you like it, did you hate it, or did you feel something "other" poke at your ol' feelbox?
>>
>>15809934

I liked it, it's one of those episodes that I find really memorable for developments or self-contained epicness. Like Episode 10, 12, or 18.
>>
I saw that Sunrise. You can't just have the repeated Haro cameo and then sneak this little bugger in here not a few seconds later.
>>
>>15809934
Currently watching it, not even half-way through and already it's something special, even for this series; seeing Cosmo begin to break down, trapped and helpless on the dead Ideo Delta as the enemy moves in was really something.
>>
>ALIENS? Nonsense, we've got enough strength to fight off anything that a military would believe would exist in a region where there's FUCKING NOTHING OUT THERE.
>We're not going to believe the obviously beaten-to-shit people with an actual alien with them.
>>
>>15809934
>Cosmo panicking as the enemy closes in
>Someone is actually nice then dies immediately after
>Ideon goes berserk
I think its one of the best episodes of the entire show
>>
>>15810288
>Reinforcements are for pussies.
>>
Did you notice that Cosma and Kasha seems to be fighting less? They're actually interacting without yelling at each other.
>>
Second person on the show who isn't a complete asshole bleeds out after being crushed in front of you.

Cosmo of Murder is back.
>>
Holy fuck that screech.
>>
And once again, I note, they've found the transmitter and ignored it.

Who wants to bet that Karala stumbles on it and gets blamed?
>>
So I watched episode 15.

FUCK EVERYONE ON THE SOLO SHIP, I HOPE THE FUCKERS ALL BURN SLOWLY AND AWFULLY TO DEATH.
>>
File: EC3.png (277KB, 406x420px) Image search: [Google]
EC3.png
277KB, 406x420px
>mfw that fucking scream
What the fuck, man.
>>
>>15810531
It's pretty disconcerting, especially after we've just seen it blow up a ton of the enemy. And imagine just being a soldier at that base who didn't know about any of this seeing that.
>>
What an episode. Shell shocked Cosmo is a really sad thing to witness. It's only going to get worse from here, isn't it?

Also, what the fuck is this? Why the random "Space Runaway" in the middle of the O?
>>
>>15810332
The screeches in the show are really well done.
>>
>>15810535
That kind of noise would definitely fuck up anyone in a war. Just imagine, you're in the middle of a battle and, all of a sudden, you hear this loud, deep, monstrous scream.
>>
>>15810537
Yeah, that just appeared at one point during the eyecatch. It's pretty jarring.
>>
>>15810553
Definitely looks shoved in there. Wonder why they added it?
>>
>>15810553
It really is. It is specially jarring to me because I love everything about that Ideon logo. That random addition just takes away what I like about it.
>>
Certainly the first thing you should do to someone trapped under heavy rubble is to pull them as hard as you can. That won't tear any injuries or anything, definitely not.
>>
>>15810672
I was thinking that. Cosmo don't know shit about how to deal with crush injuries.
>>
>>15810688
>>15810672
You think when they changed the angle to just look at his face, the implication was that he dragged her torso away from the rest of her crushed body?
>>
>>15810691
Yeah, I was expecting it to show that.
>>
>>15810512
Pretty soon the show turns into "Everybody Hates the Solo Ship". When piloting an ancient mecha powered by cosmic horror and pursued by hostile aliens once's popularity rapidly decreases.
>>
>>15810811
Good. They deserve it.
>>
>>15810537
>Why the random "Space Runaway" in the middle of the O?
Yeah it's not so good a look

I got 15 up.

If I'm likely to forget to update it'll probably be from now until Sunday, but I'll try to stick with it.
>>
New Thread

>>15811363
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.