[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Medabots is still a thing in Japan What the shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

>Medabots is still a thing in Japan
What the shit?
>>
Well, barely, the developer making the mainline games went bankrupt and the publisher was absorbed into their parent company recently. The series is probably gonna go dormant for a couple years again.
>>
>>15783896
Still more than anything in the west.

I can't even find anyone who remembers Medabots in any form.
>>
Go get your friends.
>>
Youtube remembers... Youtube remembers everything. Until it gets DMCA'd.

Medabots was so cool though. It was kindof like if Armored Core had babies with Digimon.
>>
>>15783879
The game you posted is the death throes of the franchise because that game tried to please everyone and pleased no one. The game company was absorbed by their parent company, hopefully a more competent developer tries to revive the series in a few years.

>>15783902
/m/ remembers, and everyone in their mid 20s that likes anime usually does too. It's an excellent show overall, with amazing animation and direction. It also has an actually good English dub so it's one of the few times you don't necessarily have to watch subs.
>>
File: medplot.jpg (125KB, 745x483px) Image search: [Google]
medplot.jpg
125KB, 745x483px
>>15784319
>The game you posted is the death throes of the franchise because that game tried to please everyone and pleased no one.
What was wrong with the actual game besides the pandering and being jealous of Senran Kagura?

https://youtu.be/wxby3zJwgpw

I thought it just used the Dual engine which seemed okay. Plus last I heard Girl's Mission had a different dev who are actually still active and did decently for themselves actually.
>>
>>15784345
>I thought it just used the Dual engine which seemed okay.
It was, which isn't anything special but nothing terrible. The thing is the game wanted to appeal to the fans of the series but also Idol lovers. Fans of Medabots didn't like the girls and wanted more robots, fans of idols were unimpressed by the girls so they wanted more and didn't give a fuck about the robots. The sales were pitiful and it disappeared off sales charts in a single week.

>Plus last I heard Girl's Mission had a different dev who are actually still active and did decently for themselves actually
I meant publisher, my bad. The publisher of Medabots, Rocket Company, was dissolved and absorbed by their parent company after Girls Mission failed.
>>
>>15784319
>>15783896
>The series is probably gonna go dormant for a couple years again.
>hopefully a more competent developer tries to revive the series in a few years.
Wait, so there IS an, albeit small, chance of it coming back? That's good to know, I thought it died for good.
>>
>>15784425
I mean we have a sliver of hope since it wasn't the company going bankrupt and the rights falling to the wayside. It's not gonna be any time soon, but maybe somewhere down the line Medabots might get another iteration.
>>
where can I get medabots anime subbed?
>>
>>15784737
The entire subbed anime was up on kissanime last I checked. Be warned that its a English sub of a Portuguese sub though.
>>
>>15785688
I think squaresubs did a good job of subbing it, search for medarot in nyaa or wherever the hell you get your cartoon robots from in these tumultuous times.
>>
It's very popular right now for some reason. I keep seeing people make 3D printed statues of these things.
>>
>>15785688
>>15785718

Thanks! I'll check on squaresubs
>>
>>15783879
>>15783879
>That sloppily plastered moe blob shit

Every time.
>>
>>15784345
I liked this
>>
File: DCXlVEDVYAA1hB9.jpg (228KB, 1047x953px) Image search: [Google]
DCXlVEDVYAA1hB9.jpg
228KB, 1047x953px
>>15786007
it's the 20th annyversary this year, anon

sadly the blunder mentioned itt meant no new games, much less anime will get released to commemorate. Only some expensive collectables and lots of fanart/garage kits
>>
>>15786164
>muh moe
Why does /m/ have such a hatred for this again?
>>
Another thing that doesn't help is that the original mecha designer is also juggling a lecturing course at a well known art school.

Honestly, they should ask Fujioka Kenki(Mecha design for Advance of Zeta) to streamline fan entries again like how they did Medarot Navi for GBA.
>>
>>15786643
Because it's lazy and uninspired and most of all, it's bland. Most anime with that art style tend to have a really boring plot, with it's only appeal being the "cute waifus" doing cute things and the lame fan-service. The market is saturated with that type of anime nowadays.
If course I'm not talking about all of them.
>>
>>15786863
You're the lazy, superficial one if you disregard something on art style.
>>
>>15786876
What if people disregard something based on it's art style, lack of substance, and generally boring aesthetic?
>>
>>15786909
Why are you using commas in a list of two points?
>>
>>15786911
Aesthetic was a poor choice of words, I meant generally boring atmosphere.
>>
>>15786876
Not him, and I've pleasantly surprised with some anime I expected to be shit, but prejudices aren't necesarilly bad. You can't watch every single anime in existence, you need to discriminate a little. I do it all the time when checking new season charts.
>>
>>15786876
In my post I said that I hate that art style because it's mostly associated with a mediocre plot.
And I also said that not all of them are bad. I've never judged an anime based on the art style alone.
I watched many animes with that art style, most of them didn't have anything beyond the "cute" characters.
>>
File: A CHAR DEAL WITH IT.gif (491KB, 320x242px) Image search: [Google]
A CHAR DEAL WITH IT.gif
491KB, 320x242px
>>15786643
Because they're ignorant. The art style is fine and there are plenty of quality anime/manga that are "moe" yet still good. Don't listen to the fools on this board. I've been watching anime and reading manga for over 20 years, I'm probably more experienced with the medium that 95% of 4chan. People who watch moe exclusively and people who automatically hate anything moe are two sides of the same retarded coin.
>>
>>15783879
It's being kept alive on waifu power alone.

That's a fate worse than death.
>>
>>15789678
But the waifu game didn't even sell that well
But of they focused on the robot girls instead of actual girls it would be better
>>
>>15786643
I don't mind cute girls, but I don't like the modern "moe" style. There are some good examples here and there but for the most part it just leads to very bland character designs because that's what the otaku want.
>>
I know DS was shit but the overworld sprites were dope
>>
>>15792148
Just needs an anime; one focusing on the robots, but the characters are all girls from the recent game.

Yuri and robots will thrive.
>>
Just ordered the first 3 Kabuto Gameboy games; never played anything in this series. Where should I start? Are there any guides I should read or media I should consume? I've slept on this series for too long.
>>
>>15796436
Watch the anime too.
>>
>>15783896
They said they're going to focus on mobile games
>>
>>15784345
>Plus last I heard Girl's Mission had a different dev who are actually still active and did decently for themselves actually.
It's a lazy rehash and sold about as well as the main title that failed the previous season, so I assume the developers did okay
>>
>>15789593
Its just lazy. And in the case of Medabots, it reeks of desperation using it.
>>
>>15784352
One of these days I'll end up buying some binned copies of the Girls Mission games. The preorder bonus stuff was surprisingly nice so I actually went out of my way to buy some of those on their own secondhand. The artbooks are pretty high quality, but there's more girl than robot while still having some medarot design work. I think there's one I'm missing though.

>>15796175
Maybe, but part of me will always want something that's visually cartoony like the original anime. The tradeoff with prettier character designs is the difficulty of animating them means that they stay static most of the time where the original was consistently off-model and goofy looking but had lots of movement and energy.

...or they could go the 90s shoujo route and have the pretty designs but have them look goofy in motion so they could animate more movement. But it's not the 90s anymore.

>>15797052
I'd argue against lazy and more corporate. Using that design archetype isn't necessarily easier in execution, but it does mean that you aren't taking an artistic risk. The problem is that what feels safe for a floundering franchise isn't necessarily what's going to stop it from going under.

The irony of course is that it was a pretty risky or bold idea in a way. Mix ero-VN schoolgirls who lose their clothes with a kid facing property about tiny robots fighting. It's deliciously ill-conceived.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.