[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Character Designer Yoshikazu Yasuhiko wants to remake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: BD-MSG-TitleCard.png (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BD-MSG-TitleCard.png
1MB, 1440x1080px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.cc/news/2017-08-14/gundam-character-designer-yoshikazu-yasuhiko-is-open-to-remaking-1st-series/.120085

Would you want this /m/? What would you want in a remake?
>>
I think that they should remake Early UC too, for me it's a good idea, also maybe this will cause Gundam to be popular in the west.
>>
>>15778218
No, I think he'd be better off working on something new.
>>
How about we get a Crossbone adaptation.
>>
>>15778218
Of course he does, because of his rights to the Origin there's a lot of money in it for him.
>>
>>15778265
If the original Gundam gets remade, I hope its not 100% Origin.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Origin manga, and think that some of its ideas should be used in a remake(Particularly reorganizing events to have Jaburo before Operation Odessa) but I would also like some new ideas too.

Like maybe have Amuro get the mid season upgrade that has become a franchise tradition(Like maybe a G-3 but with some improvements) and have Sayla get the Gundam passed down to her.
>>
>>15778218
>Would you want this /m/? What would you want in a remake?

Moe characters. Kids, all around and Frau Bow bath scenes. We need more motherly actions and less anger-filled teens going around blasting shit.
>>
Not really, frankly remaking the original Gundam would add absolutely noting to the series.
Plus it's unlikely that Sunrise would do t anyways, since they wouldn't make much money off of it, hell they'd probably LOSe money since they wouldn't get any new model kits out of it.
>>
>>15778279
You kidding me? Amuro was one of the more angsty Gundam Pilots.
>>
>>15778218
It would probably be a good way to introduce more people to early UC but I doubt I'd want anything to do with it.
>>
>>15778286

Jokes don't translate well across the internet
>>
At this point they should just jump on the Western alternate history fed and make some OVAs about what would have happened if Zeon won. Maybe integrate some of the what if-stories of Gihren's Greed.
>>
>>15778282
>he thinks Sunrise won't find ways to keep milking OYW kits
>>
File: Bandai Markets new OYW kits.png (338KB, 483x494px) Image search: [Google]
Bandai Markets new OYW kits.png
338KB, 483x494px
>>15778360
>RX-75-4 Guntank!
>NOW WITH NEW PANEL LINES!
>>
Episodes made for a 1 hour slot instead of just 30 minutes. Dispose of the obnoxious baby characters after the first few episodes.
>>
>>15778360
They still haven't made HGUC Big Zam.
>>
>>15778363
They might need to keep them though, if they wanted to remake the rest of main UC(Zeta, ZZ and CCA). Katz would be needed for Zeta.

Also, 1 hour television anime is not possible.
>>
>>15778362
Pretty much. That's every ver. Ka MG kit, not to mention the revive, or whatever it's called nowadays, line of HG kits.
>>
>>15778363
>Episodes made for a 1 hour slot instead of just 30 minutes
This would be hell to produce if it's meant for television.
>>
>>15778218
I'm mixed on it. The origin would bring in the plot changes from the movie, like the better explaination about newtypes, but it has worse pacing than the orignals series due to having Jabro much eariler, as well as a little more stupid changes for Char that haven't been animated yet.
>>
>>15778218
He already remade it as a comic, and it was great. There's no reason to do it again.
>>
>>15778218
Refresh the visuals and the sound.
Add some additional screentime for Lalah and some other important characters
>>
File: 安彥良和-chars.jpg (333KB, 1145x1600px) Image search: [Google]
安彥良和-chars.jpg
333KB, 1145x1600px
Only if they hire Tomino
>>
>>15778635
That wasn't him you retard
>>
File: confused scientologist.gif (4MB, 426x213px) Image search: [Google]
confused scientologist.gif
4MB, 426x213px
>>15779363
>Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin (機動戦士ガンダム THE ORIGIN Kidō Senshi Gandamu The Origin) is a manga written and illustrated by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko.
>>
Remake the movies, but have 4 instead of 3
>>
>>15779386
I'd be okay with this. Split Soldiers of Sorrow up into two: Ramba Ral and Jaburo
>>
>>15779396
Soldiers of Sorrow definitely felt like it dragged on a bit too long for me
>>
>>15778362

I think the Guntank REALLY needs more decals as well as panel lines to bait hardcore Gunpla people into buying and customizing the shit out of it.

Wait, I mean "modernize a classic design for a new generation".
>>
>>15779445
We need several new Guntanks wth slightly different decals and very minor superficial changes to represent the pre-OYW prototypes and pre-OYW mass produced versions in the different theaters.
>>
>>15779357
>all dem top tier lolis
UNF
>>
>>15778218
Maybe I'm a bit shallow, but I would like to see them incorporate more of the side story, MSV, and MSX mobile suits.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.