[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross II RPG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: Macross_II.jpg (157KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
Macross_II.jpg
157KB, 1328x747px
So today I found these two books at my local game store, they're guides concerning ships, weapons and mostly combat but I didn't get to read more into them and I couldn't find the core rulebook, I doubt it was even there. Was wondering if anyone here ever played it or if by chance have a PDF of the core rulebook, I also asked over on /tg/.

Are there any other tabletop RPGs for mecha besides this, Battletech and that Gundam one that was never fully translated?
>>
File: TravellerWalkers.png (406KB, 825x1061px) Image search: [Google]
TravellerWalkers.png
406KB, 825x1061px
I'm sure there are plenty of sci-fi pnp RPGs that have rules for mechs even if they're not strictly about mechs. Traveller for instance allows for walker vehicles. Though I don't know how difficult or expensive in game they would be to build. There's plenty of other vehicles too if you think of mechs as any high tech vehicles.
>>
>>15777526

The group I play with loves DnD and they're pretty experienced with it, would it be possible to homebrew it enough to make something akin to a OYW Gundam campaign?
>>
>>15777553
I have honestly never played a pnp game because I have no one to play with but I think Traveller is pretty malleable. Most pnp games I've read the books of say to ignore rules that will make your session better.

Apparently someone was a few years ago trying to make an entirely mech based Traveller supplement that I imagine would make them more prevalent so you can see if you can find any info on that to make it easier.

I also read that GURPS has rules for mechs and there's a Traveller implementation of GURPS.
>>
File: SDF-401.jpg (261KB, 1128x738px) Image search: [Google]
SDF-401.jpg
261KB, 1128x738px
>>15777460

Biggest offense -- among MANY -- in the Macross II RPG is their misunderstanding of the Macross Cannon.

Their books have the Macross Cannon being profoundly smaller than the original Macross. Roughly Macross Quarter size, maybe a bit bigger.

In reality, the Macross Cannon ships are around 5 TIMES as large as the original Macross. Each cannon is a Breetai command ship!

grumble grumble
>>
File: Mekton Zeta.jpg (123KB, 662x881px) Image search: [Google]
Mekton Zeta.jpg
123KB, 662x881px
Mekton Z is the best mecha RPG
>>
>>15777609

I'll check out GURPS Mecha

>>15777735

I've heard a lot of Mekton, sounds like only the mech and character creation are good while the actual combat is meh, how true is that?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.