[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do people actually like this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 42535.jpg (51KB, 225x324px) Image search: [Google]
42535.jpg
51KB, 225x324px
Do people actually like this?
>>
I liked season 1.
>>
>>15777018
I like it when taken for what it should be, a kids show that is essentially a watered down version of Gundam.
It has a lot of cool battles and mecha, the characters weren't too bad, music was great and it was an all-around decent watch.
/m/ and most Gundam fans only demonize AGE because they wanted something more mature after 00 and Unicorn.
>>
Yep. It was pretty good.
>>
>>15777471
You got IBO. And it's absolute shit. What more could they ask?
>>
>>15777471
I thought AGE finished a couple of years before the last Unicorn OVA.
>>
1st gen had a lot of potential but squandered most of it due to bad writing.

2nd gen was marred by retarded characters but had decent space fights, and Flit pretty much single-handedly saved that arc.

3rd gen started out okay, then made several bone-headed decisions and went full retard from Second Moon onward.

>>15777471
Mature had nothing to do with it, the writing and plot decisions were just plain retarded.
>>
>>15777018

PSP Game was pretty cool, that's about it.
>>
>>15777872
yeah, but Unicorn was out during AGE's airing.
I think Episode 1 or 2 was released by the time age started and episode 5 released some time after it ended.
>>
>>15777891
I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to shit mecha shows and even I don't understand what the fuck are those people smoking when they make that final fight arc.
It's like a Gundam's version of Kawamori syndrome all over again.
>>
Age is why we have P-Bandai
Age is why we have less MG kits
Age is why we don't have Gundam video game adaptations of the current TV series anymore
Age is why we got IBO

Seriously fuck this show it's the root of everything currently wrong with Gundam because everything after it was an overcompensation and over-reaction to it.
>>
It starts off promising with Flit.
Then it peaks with Asemu.
Then it goes to complete shit with Kio.
>>
>>15777018

I'm amazed by what a clusterfuck this was, if that's what you mean. Every aspect was shoddily done or bad. Sometimes I wonder if threads like this show up just to be contrarian: there is SO MUCH BAD about Age, it's hard to know where to start.

It was badly, badly botched in nearly every way. Every plot beat was mismanaged, and the final battle was laughable.
>>
>>15777018
Yeah.

I liked it better than Zeta.
>>
>>15777471

> /m/ and most Gundam fans only demonize AGE because they wanted something more mature after 00 and Unicorn
> /m/ doted on and loved Build Fighters which only came out a year after AGE ended
>>
>>15778607
Only because build fighters paid lip service to past shows.

People say try is bad because of mc doesn't know gundam. They preferred a gundam nerd as opposed to an alpha chad because it reminded them how much of a loser they are. At this point you shouldn't take /m/'s opinion seriously.
>>
>>15778210
>Age is why we got IBO

Nah mate, IBO is just Bandai cashing in on Attack on Titan's popularity.
>>
I like the mecha design and gimmick
especially the third generation.
Age FX in particular
>>
>>15778613

Even if that were true, and not acknowledging past Gundam shows was one minor complaint among many about Try, it still wouldn't be people enjoying Build Fighters because it was mature like you said people wanted out of AGE. Build Fighters didn't succeed because of the reason you said AGE failed. And it's not like AGE failed to pay lip service to past Gundam shows anyways, so if that was the only metric AGE would have won those people over since the show had lots of references and Flit's arc basically ends on a massive A Boa A Qu lip service.
>>
>>15777018
The absurdly fast pacing they needed to achieve their three generations gimmick was ultimately the downfall of the show. It was impossible to have characters and plot lines develop at a natural rate, so they had to use every corner-cutting method they possibly could. Every character apart from the MCs was basically a cardboard cutout, the story role of which could be predicted almost exactly from their first appearance (and for a few characters even before that, based purely on their design as seen in spoiler art for the episodes). Plot threads that had a lot of potential had to be wrapped up as soon as possible leading to some very unsatisfying conclusions.

Overall it was a slog to get through and watching it week by week was an exercise in how to expect nothing yet still be disappointed. Which is a damn shame, because in the final episode when Flit makes his choice and looks back at all the people he lost along the way, all the way back to his mother, and finally finds peace after a lifetime of hate, I did feel some real emotion. With better execution, the three generation idea could have made viewers genuinely nostalgic over how far the characters had come in the course of their lives - unfortunately, the series we got was instead a whistle stop tour through stock character central featuring the world's most wasted plot setups.
>>
>>15778737
Furthermore, I would sadly rank it below everything except SEED and Destiny, and on par with IBO on 'An acceptable experience but I would never watch it again or recommend anyone else to' tier.
>>
Akihiro Hino can't write a decent story for his games, that wasn't going to change when doing anime too. So I wasn't surprise that this turned out to be a turd.
>>
File: AGE 2 - 7 swords i.jpg (206KB, 1104x1000px) Image search: [Google]
AGE 2 - 7 swords i.jpg
206KB, 1104x1000px
>>15777018
YES

And I am one of them.
>>
>>15778535
Eh, that's your opinion. I feel the same way (Every aspect was shoddily done or bad, Every plot beat was mismanaged, and the final battle was laughable) about 00 and Zeta, and that's not being contrarian. That's just my opinion.
>>
>>15778613
Nope. Build Fighters was a good because it had likable characters and a fun story arc (that Try couldn't replicate)
>>
>>15777018
Yes. It's flawed, it's not great, but it's not bad. 7/10
>>
>>15777018
I like the basic concept. I like racist Grandpa Flit.
>>
>>15778404
This. Fucking this.

SUPAH PIROTO Asemu is what made AGE for me though.
>>
>>15777018
First part yes
Second part no
Third part, more than 2nd but less than 1st. Elon Musk has to suffer for bringing people to Mars.
>>
>>15778607
The thing with Build Fighters was that its premise and approach already sets you up to understand that it's just a silly story being done to pay homage to Gundam and please fans.

People saw AGE as a serious entry and not as the pokemon-tier children's show it was trying to be.
So they looked at it with the same kind of lens they would look at a proper Gundam entry with.
>>
>>15779139
>>15778404

Woolf death and based Grodek's death got me man.
AGE 2 was good.
But when that theme kicked in for the SUPPPAH PIROTTO that sealed it for me
>>
>>15779238

> People saw AGE as a serious entry and not as the pokemon-tier children's show it was trying to be.

When? Because they certainly didn't see it as a serious entry when it was announced or in the lead up to the actual show. When it did air though people began to see it that way, for the simple reason that the show wanted itself to be seen that way. The show opens with Flit witnessing his mother dying in a flaming wreck and mostly keeps that tone. It tries to be both a serious story and a kids show alternately and has a tonal problem balancing them. If people found that a problem it's only because the show itself found it a problem and never seemed quite comfortable with either.
>>
>>15777018
It had great Gundam designs
>>
Vegans were really interesting as these mysterious alien enemies in part 1. Other than that part 1 was pretty cookie cutter.
Genocide Flit, inferiority complex evolving to SUPAH PILOTO Asem and Woolf made part 2 shine.
Part 3 started out promising, with Flit grooming Kio into GENOCIDE MODE, and AGE-3 was pretty cool. Then Kio went Jesus Yamato and we're supposed to feel sympathy for FUCKING VEGANS and it all fell to pieces. Also AGE-FX a shit. Captain Anus and Clanche were cute though.
>>
The game? Yeah, I had a lot of fun with it.

If all you go into the is the anime, well, it's got some nice premises and a handful of good scenes, but overall it's just watchable I guess.
>>
File: Snapshot 2 (8-4-2017 12-27 AM).png (170KB, 380x286px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 2 (8-4-2017 12-27 AM).png
170KB, 380x286px
>>15777018
I'm about to start this more or less blind (I saw one of the designs in Extreme VS Force and thought it was cool and I've also heard Kio(?) is a Kira 2.0), anything I should know going in?
>>
>>15780983
The first arc can be hit or miss for many.
The second arc is the best, and it even has a movie compilation that makes it standalone and worth watching.
Third arc onwards sucks.

That's it. Good luck.
>>
File: 1491703493426.jpg (18KB, 377x214px) Image search: [Google]
1491703493426.jpg
18KB, 377x214px
Nice suits. Fluid animation. Lots of fights.

That's all I came for, having heard of bad it supposedly was in every other regard, so I actually enjoyed it.
>>
>>15777018
I liked it, but I'm an odd case because I wholeheartedly agree with Kio's outlook. Just because there was a war yesterday doesn't mean there absolutely HAS to be a war tomorrow. We can choose, today, to stop fighting. There are, of course, always people on both sides who just aren't able to let go of what happened in the past and drag that pain into the future with them (Grandpa Flit) and the show really did a very poor job of convincing the audience that the Vegans weren't an entire race of baby-eating monsters. We saw a few good people, two of whom died and the third of whom became a bloodthirsty maniac, so you kind of have to already have the disposition that the majority of people on both sides are basically decent people and the utter psychopaths that the show spends ALL of its time on are the exception to the rule, but it is possible to like this show if you are such a person.

The final boss clone thing was just plain bad storytelling, though. It's fine for a video game to have FINAL BOSS OUTTA NOWHERE, but serialized stories like television series need to have a more cohesive conclusion. Also I have to say that the people who complain about how the show presents the Vegans as the embodiment of evil are completely justified in their criticism. If you don't already believe that the vast majority of people are fundamentally decent, the show does absolutely nothing to convince you and that really makes Kio look like a naive idiot.
>>
File: SUPER PILOT.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
SUPER PILOT.webm
3MB, 640x360px
I like it for what it is, often dumb but still very enjoyable.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.