[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why People Dislike Zeta: The Real Reason

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 24bu.jpg (56KB, 320x314px) Image search: [Google]
24bu.jpg
56KB, 320x314px
Zeta Gundam relies much on implied emotion and inference. It is a show about "feeling". It is a show about normal people facing tumultuous events emotionally, like most humans would. There are no easy answers in this show, just humanity. The writing is very organic and typical of real life, complex yet simple on the surface to the immediate observer. It very much evokes the concept of Theory of the Mind.

So in general, does this mean that people who dislike Zeta and other similar works lack a type of understanding, in a sense that they cannot empathize with other subjective thought-processes? In a sense, autism.
>>
Get over yourself
>>
People don't dislike it because it's about emotions or because its writing is "organic," people dislike it because it tries to be that sort of show and falls flat on its face doing it.
>>
>>15774840
nah
>>
I dislike it because every episode someone gets in a mech and goes to battle without permission and it didn't really go anywhere.
The most interesting part was Amuro being regarded as a war hero while he doesn't think that good of himself.
>>
I love it
>>
>>15774970
The best parts really were watching the personal fallout from 0079. Bright and Mirai struggling to make a family work, Fraw becoming estranged from everyone, Amuro being forced into practical house arrest for being an NT freak, Char being Char. It was really good emotional writing, which followed on naturally from the events of the original.
>>
I agree.
>>
I just didn't like because everyone in the cast is either psychotic, cartoonishly violent, just an asshole, or some combination of the three. People will say that's realistic or spout some bullshit about self inserting, but that's just how it is. If a show is going to take up 20 hours of your life, it's nice to have at least some screentime with characters you don't hate.

I can't begrudge anyone that does like it, it's an important part of the UC and Gundam as a whole, but not everyone wants the same things out of their entertainment.
>>
>>15775168
Don't forget the fourth one, a total idiot.
>>
>>15774806
>starting a new thread to post your opinion instead of posting it in the pre-existing thread of the same topic where it can be judged alongside other viewpoints
Cowardly fucking faggot.
>>
>>15774806

You decide what's real, OP. Does it really matter that much for you? I have to warn you that sticking a label that reads REAL on something might not make it, you know, real for everyone, as much as sticking a label that reads ORGANIC or AUTISM.
>>
>>15774840
You might just be autistic
>>
ITT: autistic Anon calling on others' autism while not realizing the irony because... autism.

For the record, I mostly liked Z, but not as much as 0079. I didn't like those filler chapters where they would introduce a new robot that would get scrapped 2 or 3 episodes later to sell toys, though.
>>
>>15775168
>>15775588
Yes
Similar to Al in 0080, I don't care if it's realistic for a child to be stupid and annoying, I don't want to watch someone that's stupid and annoying.
>>
>>15776859
>I didn't like those filler chapters where they would introduce a new robot that would get scrapped 2 or 3 episodes later to sell toys, though.
Why not?
>>
>>15775069
I definitely agree. Seeing how everyone had evolved in the 7 year span was very interesting, especially Kai and Hayato, who went from self loathing cowards to brave men.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.