[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

War Tech Fighter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: WTF.jpg (195KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WTF.jpg
195KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R3dbSwq8EI
Cautiously hype?
>>
Animations look clunky as fuck, like something from a mid-2000 doujin game, and with that abbreviation I expected a WAY more tongue in cheek tone from the game.
>>
>>15774608
>WTF

I want to slap the internet's smug asshole face
>>
Animation indeed is clunky, but it looks promising gameplay-wise. I'll try it when it's available.
>>
It looks like the world is moving around the player rather than the opposite. Looks like it would feel floaty
>>
Yeah, indeed, animation really clunky.
I hope that's not in the final product.
>>
>>15774608
Definitely made in USA...
>>
File: images.duckduckgo-1.jpg (16KB, 512x351px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo-1.jpg
16KB, 512x351px
WTF is this?

(I mean, literally, it's name is "W.T.F." -- who thought that was a good idea?)
>>
>Using a staged rocket system to launch FROM A SHIP

Holy fuck, why would the ship not have a catapult system of some kind?
>>
>>15774608
>those designs
>WTF

Seems cool in concept at least
>>
File: wtf-work-time-fun-psp-large.jpg (52KB, 730x1247px) Image search: [Google]
wtf-work-time-fun-psp-large.jpg
52KB, 730x1247px
>>15774636
>>15775881
>WTF
I see you guys don't have a PSP.
https://youtu.be/2_LkfvcDHqc?t=26
>>
>>15775906
Catapults actually don't make sense in space. When a mechanical system anchored to the deck of the ship exerts enough force to sling a 50 ton mech forward, it's exerting the same amount of force backward on the ship, Newton's Third Law and all that. On an aircraft carrier in the ocean it makes sense because the catapult reduces the length of runway the plane needs to get up enough speed to stay airborn, but in space that isn't a problem to begin with. Also half the time you see a mech launch from a catapult they immediately turn 90 or 180 degrees for a dramatic camera angle, making the whole thing a waste of energy both in propelling the mech forward and in stabilizing the ship's position.
Assuming that the pilot can control the staged rockets, it makes more sense than a catapult. Even better if the rocket boosters auto-pilot back to the ship for re-use. Not that it actually needs to be a rocket anyway, compressed gas or even water would work. Rockets just look cooler than propellant spray.
>>
>>15774608
What big feet you have grandma.
>>
File: CalWTF.png (239KB, 683x352px) Image search: [Google]
CalWTF.png
239KB, 683x352px
>>15775881
>>15775933
Its stands for Wild and Totally Fun
>>
>>15776769
I don't think a ship big enough to house a mech would worry about the force needed to launch mech.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.