[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Power of the Primes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 14

File: S-Insecticons-alt-01.jpg (52KB, 530x360px) Image search: [Google]
S-Insecticons-alt-01.jpg
52KB, 530x360px
So with like, SDCC showing off a bunch of new Transformers. Not counting Last Knight because Last Knight is a fucking headache garbage fire. What are you guys looking forward to with the Power of the Primes line yo?
>>
File: Power-of-the-Primes-Rodimus-1.jpg (233KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Power-of-the-Primes-Rodimus-1.jpg
233KB, 1920x1080px
>>15774505
>Power of the Primes
That I can finally replace that dinky legends Beachcomber from '08 with one with real articulation.

But mostly for the Hot Rod/Rodimus triple "Evolve-changer".
>>
>>15774505
They didn't really reveal much during SDCC but we did learn far more from the leaks. Question is, why aren't you taking this to /toy/ where there are 7 transformers threads?
>>
File: Power-of-the-Primes-Rodimus-2.jpg (239KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Power-of-the-Primes-Rodimus-2.jpg
239KB, 1920x1080px
>>15774521
Plus I don't know how to feel about Jazz and Dreadwind are retools of Combiner War molds. Got to see them in physical form
>>
>>15774521
I'm just wondering with the whole "Evolution" gimmick they've got going if they're gonna bring back like the mega pretenders or Crossformers from like Victory and shit, I don't mind the Black Shadow they did with Overlords mold but I think this line would do Black Shadow and Blue Bacchus justice.
>>
>>15774522
Because I didn't know I had too considering we've got other threads on here talking about toys and merch too? Not trying to sound like a douche or anything.
>>
>>15774522
>7 transformers threads
Rodimus-anon here, but I just checked the 1st three /tfg/ and they weren't talking about Power of the Primes line. The only SDCC thread is the star wars general.
>>
>>15774540
Thanks Rodimus-Kun, I like you I'll call you that from now on wear it like a badge of honor.

Well I don't mind Dreadwind and Dark Wing are reusing the combiner wars mold, I just wish they would've thought their combining gimmick out a bit more. As for Jazz I missed Generations Reveal the Shield Jazz because I live in a shit area when it comes to retail and all that "Jazz".
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (147KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
147KB, 1280x720px
>>15774534
>"Evolution" gimmick
I'm think of other characters that can use the gimmick. But remembered that Hasbro went with the separate bundle pack for Orion Pax/Optimus Prime.
I hope they can manage a new official Punch/Counter-Punch figure that can use the gimmick
>>
>>15774546
I wish I could afford the collectors club version, a buddy of mine has it and I was like "MUST FUCKING HAVE" because of that I won't be able to finish my "ZA HEDOMASTAHS' collection.

>>separate bundle pack
Which was stupid to be honest if you ask me, it was just another reason for Hasbro to shell out that sexy War for Cybertron mold of Optimus.
>>
File: pop4.jpg (111KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
pop4.jpg
111KB, 800x598px
Also hype'd for FINALLY getting modern G1 Dinobots!!!
>>
File: pop5.jpg (102KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
pop5.jpg
102KB, 800x598px
>>15774555
Even a new Leader class Grimlock. I can finally retire my FoC Grim.
>>
File: pop1.jpg (59KB, 580x434px) Image search: [Google]
pop1.jpg
59KB, 580x434px
Plus Predaking!!!! That's the final US G1 combiner missing right?
>>
>>15774559
>Oops, meant Voyager. Got to excited!
>>
>>15774559
Yeah I was fucking hyped to see a new Grimlock with the Dinobots, and not some half assed assortment its the whole fucking crew. Which, given how we starting to see the resurgence of the combine wars stuff do you think they are gonna combine?
>>
>>15774534
The Evolution gimmick seems to be more of an extension of Optimus Prime Super mode back in the Unicron Trilogy days, now other characters gets to combine with their "Trailers". Not sure if those trailers have base mode so can't compare them to PMOP yet.
>>
>>15774570
Eh it comes off as being more Brave than Unicron trilogy, you look at how Rodimus is he's kinda got a J-Decker vibe going for him. Also from what I see in some of the leaked stuff there's supposed to be an updated PMOP top. I can only assume that their Trailers are gonna be able to form a base mode so they can keep up with the whole Titanmaster gimmick from last year and what not.
>>
>>15774526
Is the mode on the right supposed to be something?

At least the trailer/stretch-hotrod is cool.
>>
File: pop3.jpg (93KB, 800x598px) Image search: [Google]
pop3.jpg
93KB, 800x598px
>>15774564
>not some half assed assortment its the whole fucking crew.
Besides the OG line up, they also G1-ifed Slash from AoE.
>>15774564
>think they are gonna combine?
Nothing can look worst than The Beast. So if it does, hopefully it looks tasteful
>>
>>15774577
I think more so its like the whole "Oh hey you can open his combined mode chest to reveal the matrix of leader ship" kinda thing to go with the Prime Masters gimmick they're trying to push with PotP.
>>
>>15774581
>>Duo-Cons
FUCK FIRST THE CLONE BOTS AND NOW THE DUOCONS? OH MAN WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.
>>
>>15774577
It's his Rodimus form which takes cues from his 1st Masterpiece iteration and it makes him taller than his Hot Rod form. He's essentially a "Quad-former" with 4 modes.
>>
File: pop7.jpg (149KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
pop7.jpg
149KB, 800x599px
>>15774574
>an updated PMOP top
Yeah the new PMOP retool looks nice. Personally my favorite leader class Optimus. Also, hopefully Optimal Optimus Primal wins the fan vote for a new leader class fig.
>>
>>15774505
>What are you guys looking forward to with the Power of the Primes line yo?

Optimus Primal. I just want some fucking Beast Wars already.
>>
>>15774597
I feel bad for the people who shelled out the money for the Takara Legends Super Ginrai and God Bomber. But hey to each their own now I can finally get a proper PMOP and not shell out a bunch of cash for a better version.
>>
>>15774584
>OH MAN WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE.
Yeah it is! Like how you did, I missed Reveal the Shield Windcharger (better mold than the Tailgate retool that came out later). So a more G1 accurate release is a huge PLUS for me. And a new Brawn, I think all the mini bots have been released with a modern G1 asthetic
>>
>>15774597
Optimus Primal already won the Fan Vote. Its just a matter of when will his toy be out at this point. And I like the subtle reference, the Super Mode/Evolutions in PotP is basically a bot gaining a bigger form by contact with the Matrix. Primal having the Matrix stored in him and subsequently reformatted into Optimal Optimus while OP was being repaired flows in nicely with his eventual toy
>>
>>15774603
Eh, I don't need to worry about getting Windcharger since I got that two pack Japanese set from a couple of years ago, now I've got Windcharger and what I call "BlackCharger". Which oddly the black and grey color scheme for that version fucking screams badass.
>>
>>15774602
>Takara Legends
I actually want to see what Takara is going to do with this line. You know how much they love being G1 accurate. I have a feeling they will release better colored figs with some mild remolds like how their Combaticons and Technobots
>>
>>15774609
Who knows, they're not totally done with all of the recently figures that have gotten releases. But if its anything like they did with the Legends Targetmasters I'm pretty sure it'll be something to salivate over.
>>
>>15774602
>Feels sorry for people who shells out money
As far as I'm concerned for someone who has shelled on both Super Ginrai and God Bomber I have no rights to complain and can easily get the proper PMOP if that's what the leaked toy really is. Just hoping Windcharger get's a deluxe release as well. I want a proper G1 Optimus Maximus
>>
>>15774605
That's great to hear that Optimal won. I just hope it has better legs than the original toy.
>>15774606
That's a good set to scoop up.
>>
>>15774605
I'm more wondering how they are gonna do that evolution gimmick with Primal... Just seems like a convoluted mess to me. I mean don't get me wrong I adore Primal just, it seems like its gonna be a huge fucking mess.
>>
>>15774613
>Windcharger get's a deluxe release as well
hopefully this leak ( >>15774581 ) is true cause that figure looks to good to pass up
>>
>>15774625
It is a leader class so a huge ass Optimus Primal could in theory turn into Optimal, but still without part-forming or a "power suit" gimmick it does sound like it could end up a mess.
>>
File: pop6.jpg (145KB, 800x599px) Image search: [Google]
pop6.jpg
145KB, 800x599px
I'm just amazed that all these OG characters are getting modernize. Frickin pretenders actually look legit in toy form!
>>
>>15774633
Man I'm just happy they didn't forget about the Pretenders, but considering how this who line has been going it was inevitable
>>
>>15774661
The real question is, will they do Action Masters?
>>
>>15774661
>Soon Hasbro will be releasing articulate and detailed Action Masters & vehicles side-by-side with new Gi Joe figs for crossover shenanigans
Hell more released characters from Victory and Masterforce?! That would be one hell of a day when that gets announced
>>
>>15774664
Dude they've already repainted Skull into Kroc what's to stop them?

>>15774671
Fucking this.
>>
File: 1491702455346.gif (892KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1491702455346.gif
892KB, 320x240px
okay, so you put the Prime Master into the robot...

and then?
>>
>>15774687
Thats it. Its kinda like they ran with the whole Titanmaster gimmick and didn't get any further than that. Atleast with like how its supposed to be a redone Godmaster gimmick it doesn't unlock the robot or add any new features. But I guess you can take the power armor and use it for its weapon mode too I guess?
>>
File: G1Splashdown_toy.jpg (35KB, 550x345px) Image search: [Google]
G1Splashdown_toy.jpg
35KB, 550x345px
>>15774687
That's what the original G1 Pretenders were basically. But Prime Masters are basically the concept of Headmaster gimmick from the Titans Return line and Pretenders in one package,
>>
File: 1132651981869.gif (1MB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
1132651981869.gif
1MB, 498x306px
>>15774687
>>
File: Power-of-the-Primes-Liege-Maximo.jpg (190KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Power-of-the-Primes-Liege-Maximo.jpg
190KB, 1920x1080px
>>15774687
>>15774692
>>15774694
>>
>>15774505
>What are you guys looking forward to with the Power of the Primes line yo?
New feet with ankle articulation for the combiners, and Predaking and the Dino combiner sound cool. I don't care about the rest.
>>
>>15774560
nope there's also Monstructor and Piranacon who need new toys, and if we include Japanese G1 there's a couple more teams that need representation as well
>>
>>15774752
Like a better LioKaiser.
>>
>>15774687
The Pretender shells now have weapon modes designed for use with regular-size Transformers. Basically they're a minor expansion on the Titan Master vehicles in that they can now fold around the Titan Master instead of being a car for them.
>>
>>15775619
Yeah I'm glad that was a carry over from the previous line. And hey i'm pretty sure the Prime Masters are gonna be compatible with all of the Titans Return stuff.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.