[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zakus and Tanks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: Zakus and Panzers.png (996KB, 1419x854px) Image search: [Google]
Zakus and Panzers.png
996KB, 1419x854px
I tend to view the Zakus as the Zeons "Panzer" tanks, with each model being better and introduced at a various points of the war.

How accurate would you say this is?
>>
>>15773310
Generally pretty decent.
>>
File: 344f4cab020f8c0c25d47d6337bf054d.jpg (607KB, 1920x1489px) Image search: [Google]
344f4cab020f8c0c25d47d6337bf054d.jpg
607KB, 1920x1489px
>>
>>15773464
That's a neat chart. It'd be cool if I could read it.
>>
I dunno, Zakus are pretty ubique and the tech differences between iterations aren't as glaring as the differences between panzers. Zakus aren't also defined by specified roles on the battlefield by dint of being able to switch weapons on the fly thanks to having a wide variety of handheld weapons. Panzer IIIs and IVs were role defined and the panzer III kinda became obsolete in its intended role while the original Zaku II was still viable throughout the duration of the OYW, from start to finish.

Perhaps it's more sufficient to say that the Zaku I occupies the Panzer II and Panzer III bracket of obsoleteness, while the Zaku II, F2 and FZ iterations can be analogous to the entirety of the Panzer IV's development of continuously being upgunned and uparmoured in increments all the while remaining in production throughout the war.
>>
File: 1433303924792.jpg (825KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1433303924792.jpg
825KB, 1920x1200px
I like to draw parallels between Zeons different mainstay MS's and german fighter planes.

The Zaku is the BF 109: The first in service. It was superior at launch but soon got outpaced. Through extensive upgrades and versions it stayed active and competitive to the end of the conflict. (The Gouf is perhaps the 109T (Carrier version) or even the 309)

The Dom is the FW 190: The newer model that relieves the production demand off of the old model while also outperforming it in almost every category. Emphasizes going fast while carrying heavier ordnance and armor. Becomes part of the force's backbone for the continuation of the conflict together with the old model.

And finally the Gelgoog as the ME 262: The very best that no-one ever was. The first mass-production unit to properly utilized the newest and most powerful technology (Full-power beam weapons / Jet engines). The fastest and most maneuverable production machine on the field. But is too little too late: It was fielded at the very end of the conflict, primarily fighting in the final defenses of the falling power. Because of this very few were ever produced, and the percentage of these "super machines"in the force never reaches a substantial enough number.
>>
File: proto-zakus.png (322KB, 797x576px) Image search: [Google]
proto-zakus.png
322KB, 797x576px
Did I do it right?
>>
THE FEDERATION COULD BUILD 10 GMS FOR EACH GELGOOG
>>
>>15773464

>Porsche Tiger matched to Zudah

kek
>>
What shows prominently feature the Zaku I?
From what I remember of 0079, the Zaku II was already commonplace by the OYW.
>>
>>15774354

>>What shows prominently feature the Zaku I?

Just the original Mobile Suit Gundam. It was piloted by Gadem, the supply officer who showed up in episode 3, providing Char's unit with extra equipment. The White Base decided to attack both to slow them down, and to buy time for his men, Gadem launched in a Zaku I. He then takes on Amuro, and gets himself killed.
>>
>>15774354
One shows up for an episode in 08th MS Team as Topp's machine.

They also appear in MS Igloo in the Hidolfr episode as guards for the supply caches the EF is raiding, but this is so brief I don't think it counts.
>>
>>15773310
I always thought the Zaku II was some kind of similar to the T-34 in how both innovated some aspects of design(one being the first Main battle tank) and had plenty of variants
>>
>>15776920
>being the first main battle tank
you're fucking stupid
>>
>>15773310
Zeon also had a lot of experimental prototypes like Germans did in WW2.
>>
>>15773464
sieg z'gok
>>
>>15777062
I meant to say one of the first, just as the Zaku II wasn't the first mass produced MS, but still one of the first most notable ones.
>>
>>15774354
>>15774375
>>15774407
They also appears in the Gihren's Greed game cutscenes. Generally doing jobs that you would expect of supply/engineer corps or rear units.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TJd9zctwQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqvlM_WqQhk
>>
>>15776920
>T-34
>first MBT
No.

The earliest design that is arguably a MBT is the Panther, with the Centurion being a proper MBT after Mk 3.
>>
>>15774407
o7 Topp
>>
File: 1217702567523.png (391KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1217702567523.png
391KB, 640x480px
>>15774407
>They also appear in MS Igloo in the Hidolfr episode as guards for the supply caches the EF is raiding, but this is so brief I don't think it counts.
It counts because it shows that the Zaku I wasn't phased out and were deployed for menial tasks like garrison duty.

In terms of screen time missed. There was a traditionally colored Zaku I that appeared in a Shiro flashback. A Zaku I appears with a Gelgoog at A Baoa Qu while Zeon is preparing their defenses against the Federation. A Zaku I makes another appearance in MS IGLOO when it destroys several GMs landing on A Baoa Qu. And the Thunderbolt timeline has multiple Zaku I appearances where they are the main attack force units in the early part of the war when Zeon attacks Moore. And later used as a service units.
>>
File: Pict134.jpg copy.jpg (13KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
Pict134.jpg copy.jpg
13KB, 350x263px
The other time the Zaku I makes an appearance in the original series.
>>
And the money shot.

I should also note the Zaku I's were deployed in the Origin version of the Battle of Loum, and appear to be Zeon's main mobile suit for the battle based on what was seen.
>>
>>15778102
>Battle of Loum

Only Slender and Denim's Zaku I are shown. In the battle scene there really isn't anything shown as to what was the main composition of the Zeon mobile suit forces since we only see Slender, Denim, Char and the Tri-Stars. The latter which are all Zaku II types.

I'm pretty sure most of the forces are Zaku IIs with a few Zaku Is in standard and upgraded varieties (Slender's Zaku I has Zaku II shield)
>>
>>15773464
>T-34 is Dom
Why? Why the funniest tank is the most boring Zeon mobile suit after amphibious mechs
>>
>>15773589
Kämpfer is Me163, Zudah is He162.
>>
>>15778124
>Only Slender and Denim's Zaku I are shown.
Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyesight is going, but the two teams here seen taking out the Columbus-class ships sure look like Zaku Is. You'll also notice only the Aces are piloting Zaku IIs.
>>
>>15778291
damn, i never noticed this. i guess in my mind i thought it was still just slender and denim. seems weird that tri-stars is using high mobility type Zaku II (and char's commander type Zaku II), yet there's no regular Zaku II C/F to be seen.
>>
>>15774143
>S-sempai, my transmission is breaking on its own!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.