[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Right Stuff Panel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 4

File: img_1676.jpg (65KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
img_1676.jpg
65KB, 700x393px
>Ultra Edition Gundam Wing Box Set comes with Frozen Tear Drop
>G-Gundam BD 2018
>Tomioka let slip there's a Gundam X BD coming next year in Japan
>Shawne asked crowd if they would want X BD, crowd cheered
>>
>>15773249
someone should ask why ANN hates X
>>
Someone asked if they are going to animate Gundam The Origin's portions that are the original TV series.

>Tomioka's answer is neither yes or no because he obviously cannot answer because then it would be an announcement. But it is likely going to happen
>>
Q: What was the reasoning behind adding Wing Zero, Epyon, upgrading Shenlong, and Deathscythe?

>GunPla. Tomioka outright says you do realize that the entire point of Gundam is to sell merchandise, right, mostly plastic models? Right? So...those were created in order to have more types of merchandise. Back then Bandai which was a sponsor, would task us to keep creating certain mecha and tv content. So Sunrise could then get royalty checks from Bandai to keep making other stuff. BTW, "Epyon" means "next" in Greek.
>>
Q: I love Tallgeese, what's some neat background behind it?

>It's mostly all white because it was Katoki, who was already a huge Gunota, so he wanted something that would be a call back to how Zeon was calling the Gundam the white devil
>>
Q: Did Wing have the international audience in mind when it was being created?

>no, it was so stressful just doing the actual production of it at the time, had no time to think beyond just making it
>>
Q: Will you release non Gundam Sunrise shows like Brave series?

>oh yes Shawne if you have anything to announce go ahead!

Shawne: err...

>hahaha oh by the way Shawne can you license Ryu Knight also?

Shawne: mmkay wow if the licensor is asking us lol
>>
Q: Hey P-Bandai model kits wtf?

>wow, we didn't know, we always thought Bandai's P-Bandai site would ship anywhere, I guess we'll ask what's going on. So sorry!
>>
They should redub G Gundam. That needed redubbing more than SEED did.
>>
>>15773249
>X BDs

Do not toy with my heart
>>
>>15773267
>You will live to see White Base and the RX-78 in CG
>>
>>15773249
When will Right Stuff release 80s Tetsujin or Tetsujin FX in DVD/Blu-ray?
>>
>>15773347
Pistols at dawn.
>>
>>15773347
>They should redub G Gundam.
You should fucking kill yourself
>>
>>15773347
They are keeping the original dub. They are aware of the backlash regarding SEED re-dub
>>
>>15773378

Come on, it's Blue Water. They're objectively the worst.

Did you hear their Zeta dub? FFS.
>>
>>15773383
>They are keeping the original dub. They are aware of the backlash regarding SEED re-dub

That's hilarious.
>>
>>15773383

I don't get the backlash. It's not like SEED's dub was so great. It wasn't AWFUL, but it's not worth getting worked up about.

You didn't see all the UC fans get pissy that Gundam The Origin didn't bring in Michael Kopsa and Brad Swaile.
>>
>>15773387
>Come on, it's Blue Water. They're objectively the worst.

The Pretty Cure dub they did was way better than the one that was done in the States though. They didn't cut any episodes, the voices fit and it was relatively uncut.
>>
>>15773249
>Ultra Edition Gundam Wing Box Set comes with Frozen Tear Drop
Well Frozen Tear Drop was include in the Japanese release as well. I doubt they'll put forth the effort to dub the picture drama
>G-Gundam BD 2018
Expected
I think everyone knew that already, its the only pre 2000 Gundam anime to not get one didn't think that even 0080 or Victory would get released before it.
>>
>>15773285
BTW the audience got a huge laugh out of this along with the sunrise staff.

It's cool that fans and the studio are very aware of this and can take it tongue and cheek
>>
>>15773249
YES
Also when the FU*K are they going to bring over Ideon+Be invoked.
>>
>>15773406
>I think everyone knew that already, its the only pre 2000 Gundam anime to not get one didn't think that even 0080 or Victory would get released before it.

no, there's no official announcement anywhere yet http://www.gundam-x.net/.

Gundam X official website hasn't been updated since 2010. Not even Japan is aware of this, we managed to get some actual news out of this panel.
>>
>>15773387
I liked the G and Zeta dubs well enough.
>>
>>15773429

The Zeta dub might be the worst Gundam English dub ever produced. The fucking Animax Gundam ZZ dub is better than that shit. Everything sounds super stiff, no emotion is put in it at all.

At least G Gundam's dub can be seen as "so bad its good". Zeta's mutilates the show with the piss poor acting.
>>
Q: What was the development like for the mecha in Gundam X?

>Bandai said they wanted 3 good guys and 2 bad guy mecha, so we went off that.
>>
>>15773393
The backlash isn't from people being desperately in love with the original dub, it's from the fact that there are several Gundam series that have no English audio release, but they bothered to redub this instead of the ones that have no dub.
>>
>>15773347
Didn't the VAs for that wanted to redo the first half, but were forbid by the Bandai execs?

>>15773402
It's funny how that almost was started on by 4Kids, and they handed it off to BW after their Toei deal fell through.
>>
>>15773442
That's the thing. G Gundam dub was great because they were spouting corny lines with FULL GUSTO. I mean let's be honest, it's kind of a wacky chop-socky show to begin with, and even if it weren't, some shit that might sound fine enough in Japanese is just awkward in English. You just have to embrace the show for what it is and put heart and energy into it.

That's my biggest gripe about the SEED dub. In the original, Natarle and Murrue are always barking out those "FIRE!" lines. They're animated accordingly. But far too often, the english dub ignores the original tone and just has them calmly, almost boredly calling for things to be loaded and fired even when they're in desperate straights.
>>
I don't mind SEED being redubbed, what I do mind is that two episodes will be lost forever. Why does nobody talk about that?
>>
>>15773499
They were recap episodes. Desperately wish those recap episodes in Wing would disappear
>>
>>15773499
Because they were worthless recap episodes?
>>
>>15773514
I don't care, I still want them around. Also which recap eps were scrapped?
>>
>>15773479

Whatever you say. I'm not going to opt out of getting G Gundam because of the dub, though. I didn't opt out of getting Zeta on Blu-Ray. I happen to think G Gundam is fun, I just would have appreciated a new dub. But it's not a deal breaker.

If only they would have dubbed Turn A. But some people already bought that TWICE.
>>
>>15773523
14 and 26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_LyG3N504
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EsCNT38sKk
>>
>>15773533
>If only they would have dubbed Turn A. But some people already bought that TWICE.
What morons.
>>15773534
I don't care what /m/ says, these shoulda been kept.
>>
>>15773426
He didn't say that it was announced he stated that people already knew that X would be the next one to get it because its the last Gundam anime from the pre-digital era to not get a BD Box yet so this announcement is just a confirmation of shit we already knew was going to happen.
>>
>>15773442
>hating the dub that gave us this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oULr71GXZeQ
>>
>>15773383
>backlash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVAkKbr0LE
Most people are just wondering "why bother". A new dub wouldn't save SEED's atrocious writing and they sure as fuck go the extra mile Ocean Group did by dubbing the songs.
>>
>>15773347
>Redub of G
Only if they bring back all of the original cast including Mark Gatha
>>
>>15773546
no he's saying people already knew about the Gundam X BD coming next year, which is not true. this only happened because Shawne interrupted him halfway thinking that he was referring to Rightstuf's DVD release, and Tomioka had to clarify by outright stating he was talking about the BD.

no news site is probably going to report this because half of it was a mistranslation kerffulfule with Shawne thinking they were talking about the DVD release
>>
>>15773572
>including Mark Gatha
Retired from voice acting did we not forget the joke that he died.
>>
>>15773393
>You didn't see all the UC fans get pissy that Gundam The Origin didn't bring in Michael Kopsa and Brad Swaile.
I'm still upset about that, thank you.

Plus you just know Rau's new voice isn't going to be half as good as Mark Oliver's performance.
>>
>>15773613
I think the other anon realizes that, hence the redub only working if he comes back.
>>
>>15773533
>But some people already bought that TWICE.
They offered trade-ins for the Turn A DVDs.
>>
>>15773471
>Didn't the VAs for that wanted to redo the first half, but were forbid by the Bandai execs?
Pretty much. They didn't get into the swing of things until halfway into the show and saw how awful their early performance was.

>>15773613
What the other guy said. Forcibly take Mark out of VA retirement.
>>
>>15773613
>>15773655
If he didn't return as X for MvCI then I don't see it happening, then again you can also take that as Capcom being cheep. Plus last I heard he wasn't interested in being VA anymore.
>>
>>15773320
Did any of the Braves besides GaoGaiGar even get a Bluray? I'm still very hopeful they will bring over
>>
>>15773688
>Did any of the Braves besides GaoGaiGar even get a Bluray?
Nope. Honestly GGG is the only one that deserves it because its the only one with a core built in audience who would buy it and they did the BD Boxes all sold well.
>>
>>15773688
Not a single one, not even Exkaiser.
>>
>>15773694
>>15773693
That's a shame, I would love to see them all on Bluray especially J Decker and Exkaiser
>>
>>15773393
>You didn't see all the UC fans get pissy that Gundam The Origin didn't bring in Michael Kopsa and Brad Swaile.
The G1 Gundam dub was basically a curiosity for a show that was mostly viewed with subs, whereas for a lot more people the SEED dub was how they watched SEED, period.
>>
>>15773706
I think you got it backwards. SEED had fansubs circulating back when it was still airing
>>
>>15773706
The original Gundam didn't even have a sub option when it came out over here on DVD. It was years later before Japan got a DVD set that got subbed and another year before that came out in the West. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>15773572

But... that's why I want a new dub, because I didn't like the old cast. If you bring them back, they're probably going to be just as bad.
>>
>>15773688
>>15773694
All three Eldran series have had BDs for years. Really wonder where the hang up there is..
>>
>>15773347
G Gundam's below average dub adds fits it's so 90s anime feel
>>
>>15773756
Well it ain't getting a new dub so deal with it. SEED is only getting a new dub because they lost the audio archives for the original dub and it wouldn't fit with the muxing because Remaster has new lines of dialogue so instead of getting back the old cast they're going full Jew and just reusing the same cast as the IBO dub to fit the same roles because nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>15773854
>SEED is only getting a new dub because they lost the audio archives for the original dub

Citation Needed.

> it wouldn't fit with the muxing because Remaster has new lines of dialogue

It doesn't though. 99% of the HD Remaster dialogue is the exact same.
>>
>>15773285
>>15773300
>>15773306
>>15773320
>>15773326
Are those the only questions? Didn't really tell us anything we didn't already know.
>>
>>15773882
Yes it does. HD Remaster contains scene from the Special Edition compilation movies, which were never dubbed.
>>
>>15773882
OZC tried to mux the dub audio with the remaster an they're sections were the dub goes off sync or dialogue is muted. An it does contain new scenes and voice clips.
>>
I swore I'd never buy another Bandai product after the clusterfuck release that was the original Zeta box set ages ago. Yet here I am preordering the fancy Wing set. I know I'll regret it
>>
>>15773930
>HD Remaster contains scene from the Special Edition compilation movies, which were never dubbed.

But they were?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX3ungR9V54
>>
I want 00 to get a redub.
It was decent, but that's pretty much it. Plus Setsuna didn't nearly have as much emotion as the JP dub.
>>
>>15773249
>>Shawne asked crowd if they would want X BD, crowd cheered
Literally a hired crowd
>>
>>15774038
>X getting a BD before 0080

I never thought that would happen
>>
>>15774042
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/22-1/mobile-suit-gundam-0080-war-in-the-pocket-gets-first-blu-ray-release-in-august
The BDs for 0080 come out at the end of the month while the X BDs haven't even been announced yet. Not like it matters since nobody has uploaded the Galient and Dunbine BDs yet an they've been out for months.
>>
>>15774047
Huh, guess I missed that announcement. Also the second Dunbine set doesn't come out until September. I doubt we'll see torrents for the first set until both sets are out and someone grabs them both from ADC or whatever the Japanese are using these days.
>>
>>15773908
I've never seen any interview or text where Sunrise or Bandai outright admits they are making toy commercials.

I have never seen anything say Katoki made the tallgeese all white because he wanted a throw back homage to Zeon referring to the Gundm as the white devil

I had never even heard of Ryu Knight before this panel, and how Sunrise wants Righstuf to license this random thing

Also it's interesting to note that Sunrise even though it's the one approving all these P-Bandai shit, has absolutely no idea that it was region locked.
>>
>>15773706
For a long ass time Gundam 0079 only had the dub. It was all we really had once.
>>
>>15773944
anon please be so kind as to tell me where I can preorder it
>>
>>15773944
Bandai is dead anon. Rightstuf releases shows for Sunrise now.

You can't really blame Bandai too much for Zeta though. The original bombed and Sunrise and BOJ forced Zeta onto them even though they wanted to do Turn A and X.

>>15773882
>Citation Needed.
It was mentioned at the panel. The original masters are lost, making it incredibly hard to splice something together.
>>
>>15774191
The Zeta problem was compounded by them being all prepared to run it on Adult Swim (including having the deals with AS and stores to carry merchandise signed up) then Seed happened in Japan and BOJ demanded Zeta be shelved and Seed pushed in it's place at short notice
>>
>>15773249
Anything about IBO?
>>
File: 1678473798.jpg (130KB, 421x430px) Image search: [Google]
1678473798.jpg
130KB, 421x430px
>>15773249
Please OP, don't lie to me. I need this
>>
>>15774218
Zeta stuff came out in 2003 and Seed stuff came out in 2004 according to archived images of Bandai's booth for NY Toy Fair.

There was no thing about zeta being bumped in favor of Seed.
>>
>>15774238
Righstuf only handles product related to legacy Gundam releases. New releases like IBO go to Funimation.
>>
>>15774191
The Zeta release sucked ass. They didn't acknowledge the removal of the music until a month after it had shipped to people. The subs were just shitty dubtitles. The packaging was shit and a good chunk of orders were damaged easily in shipping, plus for the price there were no extras to speak of except shitty pencil sharpeners and torn posters. It was trash and I swore off buying anything from them ever again.
>>
>>15774238
IBO is getting an LE from FUNimation.
>>
>>15774385
You mean Sony.
>>
>>15774409
They're still Funimation even if Sony owns them now.
>>
>>15774344
Uh, yes there was.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030313084902/http://www.alteredstatesmag.com/toyfair_2003/gundam.php
>>
>>15774344
Turn A is the season that got bumped because of SEED, not Zeta. And it also got bumped because of Zeta. Bandai had wanted Turn A after G but it was dangled in front of them. They almost got to release it before their death. It's kind of bittersweet.
>>
File: 667.png (48KB, 350x339px) Image search: [Google]
667.png
48KB, 350x339px
>>15773249
>>15773267
>>
>>15773930
SE movies were dubbed. I've got the DVDs.

So were the four Destiny movies.
>>
>>15774485
I could've sworn they were sub-only releases
>>
X getting a bluray was expected. Glad they are even doing one for completions sake, since even the Japanese dvd did poorly.

I do wish we had gotten a R1 bluray announcement for 0080. Guess we will have to wait at least 6 months.

I don't see why people are pissed about seed. It was long suspected that the audio stems for the show were never archived. It was a early 00's dub production, they almost never were. Only the final timed master was usually kept.
>>
>>15773455
Nu Fans ruining everything as always
>>
>>15774038
Found ANN, go worship felcher gundam somewhere else.
>>
File: ho boy.gif (489KB, 311x283px) Image search: [Google]
ho boy.gif
489KB, 311x283px
>>15773267
>GTO will likely be fully adapted
>>15773326
>P-Bandai could become truly international in the next few years
Oh fuck yes this is going to be a great few years
>>
>>15775049
>Oh fuck yes this is going to be a great few years
does anyone used proxy for it?
That GM Command looks too sexy to pass up. Do P-Bandai items go out of stock completely?
>>
>>15775108
It's less about the accessing the site, more about where they'll actually ship to. At the moment they only ship to a few territories, so even if you order from them they won't be able to ship to you, leaving us stuck with middlemen who have the charge extra to make up for the added cost of their middleman service. And, since Bandai only do small production runs for P-Bandai kits, once they're gone they're gone until they arbitrarily decide it's time to do another run. Could be a year, could be never.
GM Command got me good, too.
>>
>>15775118
>Could be a year, could be never.
dang it.
Need to check that middleman cost, maybe it'll be worth it as one time thing
>>
>>15775129
It varies from kit-to-kit and location-to-location, but to give you an idea, the HG Twilight Axis Zaku III retailed around £15 direct from P-Bandai, but through a UK middleman cost around £35. The battle damaged Thunderbolt Zaku MG was about £70 direct, £160 through the middleman.
They already got me once for the Tallgeese II (paid nearly double Japanese retail price for it), and they're getting my money for the GM, but I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>15775262
geez, I didn't expect more than double increase.
that sucks major amount of balls.
I'm from Russia, importing here is not that great and next year going to get even worse.
>>
>>15773249
Is this limited edition Wing box set worth it?
>>
>>15775470
We're still in the dark on price, but the Jap blu-rays were pretty good and I assume they'll be using the same footage for the US release. Solid maybe depending on how much it sells for.
>>
>>15775526
>We're still in the dark on price
Got some new for ya buddy
>Gundam Wing Collection 1 - November 7, 2017 $49.99 625 mins
>Gundam Wing Collection 1 (BD) - November 7, 2017 $74.99 625 mins
>Gundam Wing Collection 2 - November 7, 2017 $49.98 600 mins
>Gundam Wing Collection 2 (BD) - November 7, 2017 $74.98 600 mins
>Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz - December 2017
>Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (BD) - December 2017
>Gundam Wing Ultra Edition (BD) - December 5, 2017 $269.99 1682 mins
>>
>>15775650
>Gundam Wing Ultra Edition (BD) - December 5, 2017 $269.99
Seems to be a fair price, definitely gonna pick it up.
>>
>>15775795
Yeah I guess considering all the shit's that's packed in there (the entire show on BD plus EW plus the Meteor OVAs plus a ton of merch). Still pretty expensive for me, but fair.
>>
>>15775811
Yeah, it's definitely gonna put a dent in my wallet too. Guess it'll be my Christmas gift to myself.
>>
>>15775650
Pre order price right now is below $200
>>
>>15773263
Because X is shit.
>>
>>15775795
That's retail price to be fair - it's already for sale for $175, which I think is pretty decent for a set like that
>>
>>15777351
Especially since they confirmed it's going to be limited so once it's sold out you're only chance is resellers. The preorder price is $175 which is pretty fair for all the extras it comes with.
Thread posts: 106
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.