[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror Mecha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 9

I have been looking for a sort of Mecha show with horror elements. I heard Divergence Eve had a ton of horror elements but I don't think I want to watch it because I think Pic related is Best girl and I don't want her to die so I was hoping to find other Horror themed shows. I hear Blue Gender might be good.
>>
>>15772430

Blue Gender is like Starship Troopers, kinda. It's not really horror, it's just really violent.

For horror /m/, I can recommend Iczer-1.
>>
>>15775745
>it's just really violent
It's just sort of ever-present and you don't really react to it.
>>
>>15772430
Betterman might work; shit gets weird and creepy in the latter half.
>>
Ideon sort of counts, in a way.

Mostly the crushing depression and things going fucked up way though.
>>
>>15772430
Tetsujin 28 (2004) has some classic horror movie elements, in no small part due to most of the robots in the show being leftover weapons from WWII. There's a Frankenstein episode, a Blob episode, a mad doctor spreading infectious diseases, a killer android. Whenever the titular robot himself goes on the rampage its pretty horrific.
>>
Betterman, M3 are all that I can remember right now.
>>
>>15772430
There's this recent gundam show called Ibo. I heard it's horrible.
>>
File: tsugumi is crazy.jpg (780KB, 3000x2250px) Image search: [Google]
tsugumi is crazy.jpg
780KB, 3000x2250px
There's about a dozen or so M3 fans on this board, myself included
>>
File: Innocent Wings.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Innocent Wings.webm
3MB, 852x480px
Strait Jacket, a short OVA/movie about magical, power armor clad folks who just might turn into horrific monsters and slaughter everyone around them
>>
File: everything's coming up vampires.jpg (214KB, 568x1280px) Image search: [Google]
everything's coming up vampires.jpg
214KB, 568x1280px
Valvrave spins a Gothic yarn about space vampires and the burning away of one's self to fuel a giant robot and its cohorts.

Though I think it's more spoopy than spooky in the grand scheme of things.
>>
Not a show (and not so much horror), but Muv Luv alternative is good. I think the real issue here is that horror requires a lack of composure, and since most mecha exists within a military setting composure is something that they try to ingrain.
>>
File: zearth.jpg (198KB, 1456x1081px) Image search: [Google]
zearth.jpg
198KB, 1456x1081px
This is a bit of a stretch, but the plot behind Bokurano is akin to certain horror movies like Saw, it has almost this kind of cosmic horror aspect to it, characters go through a lot of psychological turmoil, and the main mecha is frightening in terms of its appearance, size and power level. I'd say the manga's plot is probably more fitting if you're looking for horror, but the anime adaptation's not bad either if you're prepared to put up with some fairly shitty CG.
>>
>>15776732
I remember seeing this years ago on the Sci-Fi channel but had forgotten the name.
>>
>>15772430
Kinda related, are there any mecha murder-mysteries?
>>
>>15779723
No it isn't

>>15780840
Tiger & Bunny. Ignoring the mediocre CGI powersuits, it's the best mecha show of the 2010s if you ask me
>>
>>15776588
>M3

[smacks forehead] How could I forget?!? Good show. Definitely qualifies.

Genocyber might count too.
>>
>>15772430
Iczer One has horror elements and is a great 80s OVA.
>>
File: WithGun.jpg (49KB, 637x478px) Image search: [Google]
WithGun.jpg
49KB, 637x478px
>>15772430

Holy crap, is that another show from the creators of Burn-Up W/X?
>>
Eva is basically mecha horror. Angels are big scary monsters, the evas are even scarier monsters and everything is a mind fuck. Within the genre there isn't much more you could do with it that Eva doesn't already do
>>
>>15772430
Genocyber
>>
File: 1171.jpg (62KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1171.jpg
62KB, 360x360px
While it isn't actually scary at all, I'm going to recommend Good Morning Althea. The setting of a few survivors on a dead battleship infected with a monstrous enemy instantly reminded me of the Alien movies, and it has a great atmosphere. One of the best one-shot OVAs.
>>
File: bestgirl.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
bestgirl.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
>>15780932
It actually is, most of the key staff are the same.

Except Divergence Eve is honestly kind of shitty, whereas Burn Up W/X were pretty entertaining. Then Scramble came along and shit on everything.
>>
>>15775832
This is seriously the best suggestion in this thread, Betterman is THE sci-fi mecha horror show, there really hasn't been anything like it since.

Not really mecha but I suppose Serial Experiments Lain counts as more a psychological horror?

On a sidenote I don't really know how well this will go down. But for all intents and purposes the original TV run of Evangelion sort of dips its toes in the genre too but it's more for the sake of looking cool. It's only the later stuff that got more super roboty.
>>
How about Gantz?
>>
>>15780840
See Tetsujin 28 again, the MC's a boy detective.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.