[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wargreymon looks good in CG

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: Wargreymon.jpg (268KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wargreymon.jpg
268KB, 1920x1080px
Wargreymon looks good in CG
>>
>>15771593
His first appearance was in CG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbApennFT6s

But yeah he looked really good in Appmon.
>>
>>15771593
What the hell is Tri doing? This shit looks so much better.
>>
>>15771593
Is there a time when Wargreymon doesn't look good?
>>
>>15771598
His first appearance was in 2D, in 8-bit even. Or however good the screen on the second tamagotchi line was.
>>
>>15771598
Seeing them digivolute for the first time on TV was so hype.
>>
>>15771598
A lot shorter in Appmon but nice none the less
>>
Having not watched this show, is the cg consistently this good? Compared to Tri this is much better, then you have other recent Toei shows that look like the 2d is entirely done by outsourced inbetween frame animators.
>>
>>15775016
Toei's CGI is good because it's a lot easier to work with.
Sure, making a functional model takes a lot of time, but once you have it you have it. It's the same with Yamato 2199, Fafner Exodus and likely FMP from Xebec

The failing of CGI in other anime is almost always because they cheap out on the CGI
>>
>>15775016
The CG looks the same all the time avoiding the normal Toei issues. Added in-show bonus is that they also look CG to all the characters
>>
>>15775016
It consistently looks good, but they don't fucking move. Wargreymon wasn't an exception sadly.
>>
>Digimon is an old and busted app in their own franchise
Savage
>>
File: 1494633797-0250-003.jpg (560KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494633797-0250-003.jpg
560KB, 1280x720px
>>15776215
>Look good all the time but don't move as much through CG
>Rarely look good but move a bit more
It's Toei so gotta pick our poison
>>
>>15776354
Why the hell does Haru remind me so much of Yuya Sakaki from Arc-V in terms of visual appeareance?
>>
>>15771593
That was a fun team up, lost my shit when the music kicked in
>>
>>15776365
Green hair matched with red and goggles. You might also see a resemblance to a /m/ property as Appmon has the same character designer as Gundam Build Fighters, Kenichi Oonuki.
>>
>Hackmon is voiced by Uso Ewin (Victory Gundam) and Glasses from Gintama
>>
>>15771598
How does this look better than the ova, despite being choppier?
>>
>>15775066
Is this Yu-Gi-Oh?
>>
>>15776354
>Make models using a technique whose whole point is ease to animate.
>not animate
Its freaking retarded. When Appmon was good it was tolerable but it isn't now.
>>
>>15777126
It's hard to make the CG animators put in some effort every week https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EAzyVB7Caw
>>
So is this show finishing in 5-7 eps?
>>
>>15777194
Ends with 52 episodes
>>
>>15777194
>>15777238
>7 episodes left
And next episode they will be fucking around with some Astra random story. I really curious to how they gonna wrap the whole thing of Yujin being a terminator with this handful of episodes left.
>>
>>15777339
47 will deal with Terminator Yuujin
48 is the start of Leviathan's Plan
49 is the God Grades
>>
>>15777339
This is the biggest issue I'm having with this show. Is that they had honestly not bad enemies, and a good amount of stuff going for it, but then they fucking waited around and did jack shit with it. Even when shit has been hitting the fan they still haven't figured it out yet and keep wasting time. I really wish they wouldn't have fucked around so much.
>>
>>15776387
Wasn't Suzuhito Yasuda also involved in GBF character designs, hence the high amount of semen demons?
>>
File: Mihoshi.png (3MB, 1280x1995px) Image search: [Google]
Mihoshi.png
3MB, 1280x1995px
>>15778268
Yasuda is listed for Character Design Cooperation with Oonuki having the full Character Designer title.
>>
File: 1455280352017.png (1MB, 992x1402px) Image search: [Google]
1455280352017.png
1MB, 992x1402px
>>15778268
>>15778731
He also was involved with Cyber Sleuth's character design, so there you go.
>>
>>15777188
Isn't it way easier to animate than traditional though?

>>15777238
Damn, that's too much. There´s no way Yuujin would be solved in a satisfactory way. They also have to get their final forms yet.
>>
You know, I do really enjoy this show's charm, humour, silly fights and characters. It's a pity it couldn't really do a big finale to nail the landing.
>>
>>15778802
see >>15777362 for future stuff
>>
>>15778822
The problem is that there's a good show buried under the Yokai Watch nonsense. If this show didn't have some far gone case of ADD and could keep focused on the plot for 3-5 episodes at a time or would have reached a much more satisfying point by now, but instead we get gag filler every 2 episodes and usually in batches of 2-4 episodes. The worst thing about Appmon is how it squanders it's potential.
>>
>>15778826
Odd on how Gaiamon is white with gold accents/secondary palette as opposed to the other God Grades who have gold as their dominant color scheme.
>>
>>15778832
I'd say within this 52 episode show we've got a really good 26-36 episode one buried underneath
>>
>>15778927
The problem is also that a lot of filler episodes have some connection to the plot stuff, trying to scrape most things out still leaves something like this:
Episode 1-12
Episode 16
Episode 19-25
Episode 27-28
Episode 31-44
Episode 47-52

That at best cuts away 10 episodes while trying to keep the "filler" to a minimum.
>>
>>15778942
I'd say anything relevant in the filler could likely be edited together like how Dragonball Kai edited out the chuff.
>>
>>15778927
I feel that there is about 30 episodes worth of a great show buried under this with 6 of those episodes being ideas that got brushed under the rug and didn't end up in the show due to time needed for filler
>>
I'm just going to assume this is the thread for Appmon's 45 but Holy fuck when Brave heart started playing I started getting the feels.
>>
>>15778832
>Yokai Watch nonsense
>filler
Its appmon of the week format, not plot based. The problem is that the balance is handled like shit. It was perfect for the first half, but once Offmon shows up, the plot slows down, the standalone episodes are boring and the balance is broken in favor of mostly standalone shit.
Then dedicates itself to plot when the ultimate 4 are introduced but it hasn't been good even then. That "grand finale" to Eri with those elections was cringy as fuck and killed any liking I can have for her character.

>>15778942
Filler doesn't apply to episodic shows and even then, if the episode has some connection then its not filler either.

Personally, I'd take everhthing with the first opening and take the most relevant plot scenes of the rest to close that up. No standalone since then has been good anyways.

>>15779164
You didn´t get your nostalgia fix in Tri?
>>
>>15779201
>It was perfect for the first half, but once Offmon shows up, the plot slows down, the standalone episodes are boring and the balance is broken in favor of mostly standalone shit.
I disagree, I think the first half is the definition of a just okay show. It wants an episodic format but still to have an overarching plot looming in the background, but the issue was the plot was really basic and boring while the MotW antics just didn't feel that engaging (at least to me, but Appmon clearly went for a younger audience than Digimon normally does so that might be why I found it more boring). When Offmon and Yujin joined the cast there was a jolt of intrigue and life brought to the series but the problem is they then tried to stuff like two other plot lines in making it feel so bloated and combined with all the constant filler/motw episodes really is making the show plod along.
>>
>>15779219
> It wants an episodic format but still to have an overarching plot looming in the background
That's what pretty much every episodic show does unless they go full SoL. It sounds to me the issue is that you haven't seen an episodic show before.

>the plot was really basic and boring while the MotW antics just didn't feel that engaging (at least to me, but Appmon clearly went for a younger audience than Digimon normally does so that might be why I found it more boring).
Its the same audience Digimon used to cater to before giving up. 01 and Tamers were very particular shows but don't be fooled.

The problem when Yuujin and Offmon joined is that Offmon is very boring to watch, Satellamon feels very disjointed from the main plot(which at that point had pretty much nothing regarding villains so its understandable, arguably Knight and the Ultimate 4 were the same), all the standalone episodes have the characters using their basic level Appmons instead of the Kiwami ones, which is the biggest offender given the stakes have risen and the show should show this.

>filler
Its episodic, there's no filler.
>>
Can I say I really love all the Eri episodes and her ongoing idol stuff's been great?
>>
>>15779058
>with 6 of those episodes being ideas that got brushed under the rug and didn't end up in the show due to time needed for filler
Like what?
>>
>>15771593
Eh it's fine I guess. Lacks the muscles the WarGreymon usually has.
>>
>>15780175
Yes. Somehow through all odds Eri managed to be a likable character which isn't that often for a idol character.
>>
>>15780175
>>15780324
Unfortunately they develop her character better at the expenses of the other characters, who get minimum characterization necessary. I like Eri, but I think that half the time the series spent with her it could have been used on the others.
>>
>>15780407
Fujo spotted
>B-but muh husbandos!
Fuck off Digimon is a franchise for men and men want sexy little lolis, go watch free or something
>>
File: prize04_img.png (44KB, 301x357px) Image search: [Google]
prize04_img.png
44KB, 301x357px
>>15771593
Except those biceps.

I've waited years to see Metal Greymon evolve. And they just made it harder on themselves with this redesign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79NOsZgsPZc
>>
>>15780430
>he didn't know
You sure you are watching the right show, as in, Digimon?
>>
>>15780430
Far away from a fujo. I just dont want a digimon anime that consumes 1/3 or more of his time with idol stuff. And more, I just fucking want a MC that's not a bland, forgettable faggot, who scream that he wants to be a protag and then simply sits on the backseat and stay quiet.

If they wanted to show Eri so much and marketing so heavily over her, becuase idols are the new big shit, just make her the new protag already. She have more balls than Haru, anyway.

And if you want mainly cute idol girls go watch a idol anime already, wanker.
>>
>>15780469
Haru sounds like an even shitter version of Yuya from Arc-V from that description
>>
>>15780175
For the most part, but the "finale" they gave her with that contest was pure cringe. At least she has something. I like Asuka but he barely gets focus.

While we are at it, Haru ended up being pretty bland, Yuujin is good but we have him at the cost of having Offmon(though to be fair he hasn't been annoying in a while). Rei is best boy.

>>15780469
>I just fucking want a MC that's not a bland, forgettable faggot, who scream that he wants to be a protag and then simply sits on the backseat and stay quiet
Agree. I mean, it'd be understandable that, wanting to be an MC being his whole point, he'd start as this but he's still pretty much this outside of the episode where they get the Applidriver duo which was the closest to the show actually doing something with his plot.

>>15780475
Not really, they're very different. Both had shows that went bad(though the fall was worse in Arc-V than in this) but aside from that and the color scheme they aren't similar.
>>
Is it just me or at this late of the series, Haru just somehow magically ended up worse than his oldself from Yuujin's flashback?
>>
>>15777339
The writing and filler is pretty much the only thing I hate
>HEY GUYS WE FINALLY GOT TO DA DEEP WEB! LET'S LEAVE AND NEVER COMEBACK FOR A HANDFUL OF EPISODES
>>
>>15779201
How can anyone get their nostalgia fix from Tri with how godawful it is?
This one episode gave me a bigger boner than any of those OVAs/Episodes
>>
>>15771593
why does a dinosaur need bulging biceps and armor?
>>
>>15780597
there´s that word again

>>15780616
>How can anyone get their nostalgia fix from Tri with how godawful it is?
>nostalgia wanking is bad
And you find this out now? Anyways, anon said about Brave Heart and BH was on Tri too.
>>
>>15780232
I mean that they have several plot lines and characterizations that would be great if fleshed out but those episodes will never exist, not that there's literal lost episodes.

Also god damn it I really want to like Haru but he's so unremarkable. It's ironic that his whole thing is about being the main character but in the end he consistently feels like a side character and leaves little impression.
>>
>>15780912
Why not?
>>
So when this finishes will they bring out another show? I've heard Appmon sells merch pretty well.
>>
>>15783154
Nothing's been announced yet.
>>
>>15783154
I've heard another game is already planned for after HM
>>
>>15783154
I'm expecting another series, dunno if they will continue this or do a whole new story. Appmon has solid ratings, okay game sales, and the toy is selling gang busters so no reason to stop Toei's original plan of Digimon Universe titles being targeted more towards kids and Digimon main series aiming for an older audience.
>>
File: Metalgarurumon_tri2.png (203KB, 524x350px) Image search: [Google]
Metalgarurumon_tri2.png
203KB, 524x350px
>>15780456
You know, I'm still kind of pissed off they gave WarGreymon an overhaul with the bigger pauldrons and gauntlets, but mostly left MetalGarurumon alone. Either that's a testament to how solid it is, or they just didn't try.

>>15781357
>nostalgia wanking is bad
Hey, not in low doses it isn't. Besides, I think the other anon meant that it's much easier to enjoy Appmon's appeal to nostalgia than Tri, where you have to wade through teenage angst and forced intrigue to get to the good stuff.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.