[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tekkaman Blade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 14

Is this worth watching?
Anything over 50 episodes scares me except for LoGH

Also, a big shout-out to the /m/an responsible for this post, it's been a great help these past few months for anything /m/ but the list has failed me since Tekkaman is far newer than I thought it was: https://pastebin.com/vkhbsapV
>>
>>15770113
Do you like SUFFERING? Can you handle QUALITY? If so, Tekkaman Blade might just be the show for you.
>>
Personally I'm waiting until more of the BD is translated.
>>
>>15770125
I am the /m/an you're looking for yes. I'm hesitating because I heard the director while being a great animator (or was it mech designer?) did a horrible job on pacing.
>>15770129
So there's no fully translated Blue Ray rip out there? Can we not just find a subs file and use the RAWs? Is that what we're looking for?

Both OPs are fire btw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmX564UTabE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR83jBjH7lU

I really want to watch this but I don't feel like streaming old /m/ material
>>
The animation qualty improves as the show goes on
>>
>>15770113
Yeah it's pretty good
>>
>>15770149
The BD wasn't even uploaded until like two months ago, and I'm not even sure where you'd find the raw, it's not on nyaa.
>>
>>15770162
Just looked for it in Nyaa and I got this:
https://nyaa.si/view/942481
Is this not what we're looking for?
>>
>>15770182
I'm literally retarded. I forgot I set my nyaa search to auto English-translated.
>>
>>15770113
Watch it for Toshiyuki Morikawa (D-Boy's seiyuu and debut role) breaking the mic with his voice
>>
>>15770192
I'm the one that's retarded, those are raw and people can't seem to find decent subs
>>
>>15770182
>>15770192
>>15770197
Someone named Moozzi2 put up a torrent last week that included subs. https://nyaa.si/view/942481
>>
>>15770203
Oh wait, the torrent with subs is on Animebytes, not sure where the Animebytes user got the softsub files from but they're out there somewhere apparently.
>>
>>15770209
Oh neat.
If it's not exclusive I'll upload it to nyaa.pantsu sometime before monday.
>>
>>15770203
That's exactly what I posted, this has subs then? People in the comments are saying there aren't subs in this torrent
>>
>>15770213
Doesn't look like it's exclusive. Someone just added .ass files to Moozzi's torrent and upped it there.

>>15770215
I was wrong, the same torrent is on Animebytes but has subs there. I'm going to download it anyway so if this anon >>15770213 doesn't come through I'll just upload the subtitles files on the Nyaa recovery threads here next week sometime.
>>
Everything about this show on paper sounded like exactly what I wanted (body horror, powered suits, one man has to kill his entire family to save the universe), but I found the actual execution pretty damn lackluster. The terrible animation quality throughout didn't help, neither did all the needless padding. Dancouga did the whole world ruined by an ongoing alien invasion thing a lot better. I liked the characters, loved the designs but I didn't actually enjoy myself except for a few select episodes, like the duel with Axe, or Balzac's return. The Twin Blood and Burning Clock OVAs were all the stuff I loved condensed down into twenty minutes of well produced animation, it's a shame the rest of the show couldn't be more like that. Blade II by contrast was a poor knock-off of Aim for The Ace with alien mechasuits instead of tennis.
>>
>>15770218
So what I'm supposed to shitpost here 'till next week to keep this from being archived? I truly appreciate the help but...
>>
>>15770240
anon /m/'s slow as fuck and I'm sure there'll be more people coming in, downloading 60 gigs, and uploading 60 gigs takes a while for my burger connection.
>>
>>15770245
If it takes about a week for you to dl AND upload 60 gigs "your burger" connection seems fine, it took me an entire day just to upload a back-up file for Getter Robo Armageddon's OST on MEGA a while ago. Will be posting in the meantime, thank you for your hard work /m/.
>>
>>15770203
>>15770209
>>15770213
>>15770218
I ripped the G_P subs from the old DVD batch torrent release and slightly adjusted the timing to fit the new BDs a week or two ago. I (still) haven't finished downloading the BD raws so I can't tell if it works with the rest of the episodes but the subs work a treat with at least the first 3 episodes or so.

https://mega.nz/#!TYJWDC4R!wZorsjGICjYRK_vc6pN9MX3PNcW_EiYv2PyzB4TYKhw
>>
Its actually funny how cocky people on this board are about old shows and then they dont even know of the countless websites that let you download subtitles for almost everything in existence bar maybe stuff like kids shows such as Maruko-chan.
>>
>>15770301
>Its actually funny how cocky people on this board are about old shows
I don't understand the point you're trying to make? How are people cocky about old shows?
>>
>>15770443
Cocky in regards to how much better everything old is, but apparently they dont even know how to properly get subs for the shows they claim to have watched/like. This is referring to the fact that no one in here simply linked on of the websites that let you downloads subs for almost anything. I think its quite amusing, considering how many rips out there are raws and require you to download the subs manually.
>>
>>15770113
>Anything over 50 episodes scares me except for LoGH

Isn't it only like 38 or so
>>
File: tekkaman_blade_psd_jpgcopy.jpg (326KB, 1600x2273px) Image search: [Google]
tekkaman_blade_psd_jpgcopy.jpg
326KB, 1600x2273px
>>15770512
50. It's a wild ride though.
>>
>>15770240
Hey fuck you. I won't bother now since I've got far more important shit to do than cater to some whiny /a/ reject.
>>
>>15770458
Spotted the SEEDfag
>>
File: 1495473589698.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1495473589698.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
>>15770113
Starts solid then it gets slow then it fluctuates until like episode 30-35 and then is a wild ride with no brakes until the end.

Also the animation is inconsistent as fuck but it gets progressively better as other anons already mentioned.

It is my favorite /m/ anime although I know it hits a lot of sweet spots for me personally, so I try to not get too biased when talking about it. That said, it is really good if you are willing to put up with the previous stuff. The sequel has some cool ideas but the execution is pretty bad and is basically wasted potential splashed between six episodes. Sucks that Tatsunoko hasn't done anything with not only Blade, but Tekkaman in general since this aired in 1993.

Also one thing about Blade that stuck with me is that it has some feel heavy episodes, but what really sticks after all this time is not the feels itself, but how they are presented out of situations that at first look like pure uninteresting filler like the girl waiting for her grandpa, the treasure box in the tree, or every episode dedicated to the life of Srgt. BANADO O'TOOLE, tough motherfucker. Those eps were the fucking best.
>>
>>15770703
>Replying as someone I was talking with earlier pretending to be pissed.
What went wrong with you anon?
>>
>>15770894
>Tekkaman in general since this aired in 1993
Infini-T is coming out later this year, no?
>>
Btw, I've just uploaded 1st vol of my rip (7 episodes). Torrent on beatrice site and nyaa clones.
>>
>>15770113
Has Tekkaman Knight ever actually been subbed?
>>
>>15771251
wait wha?
care to elaborate?
>>
>>15773309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qtb_GeG0hT8
>>
>>15773309
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjAxGk-9PGc
>>
>>15770113
It's a pretty good show.

I remember not liking Aki that much when I first watched it. Couldn't tell you why though, since it was so long ago.
>>
>>15773374
I'm waiting a bit until there's some more HD episodes ready until I start rewatching, but I kind of remember that Aki is generally a kind of stereotypical and shallow love interest type - in that she doesn't really do much other than being the love interest role with some damsel in distress moments. So it's not that she's bad or anything, just not memorable or anything special.

Like I mean, I remember the way D-Boy saw Milly and what effect it had on him more than I do anything with Aki.
>>
>>15771992
If you mean the original show from the 70s somebody ripped it from some streaming service that subbed it, check the pastebin the the nyaa recovery thread
>>
>>15771992
>>15773772
Honestly doesn't hold up very well
>>
>>15770113
>Tekkaman Blade
>Is this worth watching?

FUCK YES it is

>Anything over 50 episodes scares me

Don't be such a wuss. What kinda /m/an are you?
>>
>>15774373
It doesn't hold up at all.
In fact, it's one of the shows every "Man, they don't make them like they used to..."-twat should get slapped in the face with.
>>
>>15773585
I like Aki mostly because of Megumi Hayashibara.
>>
>>15774373
>>15775820
Tekkaman was never that loved to begin with, and here I've only seen people gushing over Gatchaman and Casshern anyway
>>
File: Did some one say screaming.jpg (163KB, 1093x975px) Image search: [Google]
Did some one say screaming.jpg
163KB, 1093x975px
>>15776839
When I hear Tekkaman I hear the dub, when I hear Blade I hear VOLTEEEEEEKAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: Capture.jpg (134KB, 1908x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
134KB, 1908x1026px
>>15775785
I am doing it, anon!
>>15770288
The subs work fine, (watched up to episode 7), they're fractions of a second de-synced, I retarded them about .2 seconds and it works like a dream. Animation is a bit inconsistent but if I suffered through Gundam wing a while ago this is nothing really.

What really bothers me is how weak the VA's Voltekker devilery is. Sunrise's Yuusha series really had that down so this is a bit of a letdown. I think it gets better later(?)
It's shaping up to be a really enjoyable watch regardless.

The 1080p blue-ray is more that I could ask as well
>>
The americanized version of this show was actually pretty good. Anyone up for putting the dub on it?
>>
>>15780016
>What really bothers me is how weak the VA's Voltekker devilery is

It gets better, assuming your referring to D-Boy.

Rumour has it he broke a microphone recording a scene way later.
>>
OH RET ME SEE DE RAISIN
>>
>>15770162
I'm just getting it direct from Beatrice as they go: https://beatrice-raws.org/release/uchuu-no-kishi-tekkaman-blade-720p
>>
>>15780426
>spoiler
He did it twice.
>>
>>15780464
Funny that Tekkaman Blade was Toshiyuki Morikawa's debut role
>>
>>15780427
How could I forget REEESOON, or DEE-BOI. Took me a while to get used to both. The OP is still a bomb though
>>
>>15780426
I think I know one of the scenes. Looked up Tekkaman on youtube before posting here to get a fell for how it looks and saw it evolving to "Blaster" or whatever? Someone in the comments said a microphone died in the recording too. Just how much truth is there to this? Can you even break a microphone with your voice?
>>
Tekkaman Blade was a wild ride but yeah, as other people have stated here it has some flaws that stop it from becoming a great show. Doesn't stop it from being good overall though.

Also the OPs and that one song are marvelous.
>>
>>15780427
"Love is endless violence" has been my life-long motto since watching Tekkaman Blade.
>>
File: seriosulybro.jpg (13KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
seriosulybro.jpg
13KB, 512x384px
>>15780517

That's terrible.
>>
>>15780623
I'm not >>15780517, but I get where he's coming from actually. Quite a pessimistic approach towards the subject but not an unrealistic one for many. It's quite poetic in nature to. The kind of poetic that I detest however
>>
>>15770149
Am I the only one that prefers the second OP?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR83jBjH7lU
>>
>>15782562
I like Eternal Loneliness way better but the first OP was a much better marriage of visuals and song. The second OP looks like Obari just throwing stuff at the viewer to see what sticks, REASON was up there with Dragoner's OP in terms of matching the beat to the visual cues.
>>
>>15782801
Masquerade for most dramatic duel song ever.
>>
>>15782982
Is that a Tekkaman insert song or something?
>>
>>15782801
My god that Dragonar OP...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE

DUNDUNDUN
↑←↑ (Matching the beat)

Why are /m/ shows so manly anons?
>>
>>15783000
the twins final battle has this as the insert song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNbRx1DrsPM
>>
>>15783083
I've only seen a red suit in the opening, I suppose that's his twin brother then?
>>
File: 51G552ZY4XL.jpg (54KB, 328x475px) Image search: [Google]
51G552ZY4XL.jpg
54KB, 328x475px
>>
>>15771980
thanks man
do you plan on making a full batch later on or should I download them volume by volume as they come out?
>>
>>15784590
oh shit , then buckle up buckaroo
for shit gets really REAL later
>>
File: 41OCseGZJ2L.jpg (29KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
41OCseGZJ2L.jpg
29KB, 500x500px
>>15784706
Fk me I spent all my money on this bubblegum and my hard drive isn't here yet! I only had space for the first 10 episodes!

Now that I mentioned hard drives, is there a decent post about keeping your files safe from drives failing and RAID configs on /g/? Torrent sites are being taken down like crazy so we can't really rely on re-downloading everything these days can we? I'm planning on posting a guide here for future reference once I get things nailed down
>>
>>15770704
At least he actually watches shit.
>>
>>15785046
Better be a normie than a SEEDfag. Those I want to murder
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.