[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I D E O N

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 321
Thread images: 135

Hello, everyone, how are you all doing?

I'm fine, thank you for asking.

And because I'm feeling good, we are going to watch all of Ideon together at the rate of one episode per day.

Each day, we'll watch and episode and discuss it in this thread together.

Don't miss out, it'll be the event that everyone will remember 2017 for.

HD Downloads here: https://mega.nz/#F!Q7I1XLLA!lIu_NK1GBQxTOZzOEaObPQ

SD Downloads here: https://secretninjaempire.wordpress.com/tag/ideon/
>>
You're skipping the last episode right?
>>
Since you were so kind to put a link to all the episodes, I'll seriously consider watching it alongside this.
>>
>>15769944
Well shit, I was looking to rewatch Ideon eventually anyway.
>>
>>15769944
This sounds like a good idea. The attempted group watch of Dougram was fun while it lasted. I wouldn't mind rewatching Ideon alongside /m/.
>>
Give me a couple hours. There's football on tonight.
>>
Sure, why not? I've been meaning to watch it for a while, so this'll be fun.
>>
>>15769944
I can probably throw a cytube channel together for this.
I gotta bullshit up a new google drive hold on a few
>>
I know it's kinda meaningless for me to say this, as I'm not a moderator, but I'd like it if we could have one simple rule for this thread for people to follow.

Only discuss and post images from the current episode.

For example, since today is day 1, that means only content from episode 1 is allowed.

I'm sure some of you have already seen the show in full, but there are still people who haven't checked out Ideon and it'd be nice to introduce more people into this show without spoiling them on things that might happen later on in the run.

>>15769951
All episodes.

Once we're done watching all the episodes, I'll set up a stream so we can watch the compilation movie and Be Invoked together with live commentary provided by Yoshiyuki Tomino, Gen Urobuchi, and myself.

So, be nice and enjoy this lovely show with me.
>>
>>15770012
>watching the last episode
Just a warning if you haven't seen it already, watching it literally makes be invoked worse, it's basically the first 14 minutes of be invoked and it randomly goes off for the last six, if you've never seen the whole series I'd really recommend you don't watch the last episode before watching Be Invoked.
>>
>>15770026
Let other people have a chance to form their opinions you

you

space runaway!
>>
>>15770012
>I'm sure some of you have already seen the show in full, but there are still people who haven't checked out Ideon and it'd be nice to introduce more people into this show without spoiling them on things that might happen later on in the run.

Thank you.

I can't watch the first episode right now as I'm not on my main PC and it's late over here. I'll watch episodes 1 and 2 back to back.
>>
Never watched Ideon before but alwayd had it on a backlog list. Seems good of a time as any to watch. I really like the book club style idea.
>>
What does the folder name mean? "Reminder to grab UQ's batch"?
>>
>>15770078
I think the guy wanted to grab the SD release from UQ, which is only found on his blog included in the OP.
>>
trauma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSPgn8R6nIM
>>
File: rshehrtet.png (983KB, 786x596px) Image search: [Google]
rshehrtet.png
983KB, 786x596px
>>
anybody know how long it should take for google to process an mks track to graft the subs on for googledrive use?
>>
hrm...
>>
>what if this species we've just come into contact with and have a very small amount of video recored of from long distance... figured out radar?
>na, can't be

Goddamn the Buff Clan are just outright dismissive of humans.
>>
>>15770159
Check your subtitle settings. If you override the built in style of some subtitle types it'll fuck them up. You should have the translation of the song at the top and the karaoke lyrics at the bottom.
>>
The opening theme is pretty great, isn't it?
>>
>>15770171
yeah looks like mashing it into softsubs fior google drives might not be so doable without rescripting it

>>15770231
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKJZyk-0M0Y
the jangly guitar bit reminds me of the Ideon theme
>>
>>15770232
You're gonna want to hardsub it for an easier time.

I could never get synctube to work with soft subs back when I tried to setup streams.
>>
>>15770231
It is, and it's on my list of "songs which I listen to as work music", but I prefer the ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnGKPPzgHWE
>>
>>15770234
apparently you can mash srt or sub files into them after you upload it, but it looks like google isn't picking up the code and is just trying to take it as a transcript

>7
>00:00:06,480 --> 00:00:09,530 SSA: Dialogue, Layer: 0, Style: OP_Jap, Name: , MarginL: 0, MarginR: 0, MarginV: 0, Effect:
>kikoeru ka kikoeru darou
>
>8
>00:00:06,480 --> 00:00:09,530 SSA: Dialogue, Layer: 0, Style: OP_Eng, Name: , MarginL: 0, MarginR: 0, MarginV: 0, Effect:
>Can you hear it? I'm sure you can...

I think that's how an srt should look, that's what I get converting the mks file anyway.

>>15770237
yeah the ending's good too
>>
File: hsxjhhhgjk.png (431KB, 480x772px)
hsxjhhhgjk.png
431KB, 480x772px
Is that a motherfucking Zeta reference?
>>
So when are we starting ?
>>
>>15770247
The files in the OP use .ass subtitle files (which I think has more to the scripting than .srt files), not .srt.
>>
>>15770250
>Ideon: 1980
>Zeta: 1985
You tell me
>>
>>15770253
When I extracted them in mkvtoolnix gui they came out as mks

I'm trying handbrake to see how shit a re-encode looks
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-08-11-21h06m04s721.png (161KB, 480x386px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-08-11-21h06m04s721.png
161KB, 480x386px
What was the point of this scene?
>>
>>15770298
Don't forget to cast sneak on yourself.

There's always at least one enemy that aggros to sound in any area.
>>
meh, not too bad

I'll give it a little more breathing room and do it hardsubbed for a while. Still better than what's on youtube.

I've got it uploading to google drives, it should be going on cytube/mog-rog in an hour or so

I'll also start getting the next few days' ready to go too
this will help me to keep up with it each day
>>
hrm... I'm gonna try the youtube split trick I used for the Xmas stream
it won't be much more work than doing it through google drives and if everybody can play along more easily so much the better
>>
>>15769944
Actually I've been meaning to watch Ideon for ages and this is a great excuse to finally get round to doing so.
>>
New to ideon. First ep is pretty alright
>>
>>15770381
It's one of my favorite first episodes, honestly.

It's very rough to say "one episode a day" with it, because it always leaves me wanting more.
>>
second half is upping at the moment

if that succeeds then everybody can watch without needing to install userscripts
>>
so any potato that can run a youtube video has access to it going as a constant loop in HD, better quality on the next ep probably
about two minutes of commercials in-between for bathroom break
>>
Fuck, you guys should've told me earlier, I'll make sure to keep up tomorrow. I really hope this does become a daily thing. It's so hard to watch different anime nowadays since there's tons of this stuff coming out all the time. Having threads like this will give people incentive to check out the classics.
>>
>>15770502
I'll probably leave the first ep going through the second day as this gets out of the gate, or at least until I figure out when the next day happens
ep2 is encoded and is uploading to yt at the moment
>>
I'll discuss this tomorrow. Still watching sports.
>>
I'm gonna try to keep up with you guys, but I'm moving next week, so I'll be a day or two with out internet. Then I'll get Based Spectrum.
>>
>>15769944
>>15770012
Jesus tripfags are such obnoxious faggots

Anyway for everyone else, there is still a revised [EG] batch of Ideon in the works, with improvements to the translation and other things. You should probably wait for that if you want to watch the show.
>>
>>15770560
/m/ tripfags are usually alright.
>>
>>15770560
>shitting on VF-kun

Go back to /a/ faggot
>>
The great thing about the Ide isn't unleashing its power, it's showing everyone in the universe that I did.
>>
File: LaughingBes.png (2MB, 1443x1079px)
LaughingBes.png
2MB, 1443x1079px
>>15769944
Holy shit that Bes is great, does he remain this good for the rest of the show?
>>
Gije is the only character that matters.
>>
>>15770731
It's been a while since I watched Ideon, but I remember liking him throughout so probably.
>>
Okay so I figure I'll drop the previous day's episode in the morning and add the next day's episode in the evening
at the moment it's eps 1 and 2
in the morning I'll drop episode 1 unless VF decides this starts on Saturday, then late Saturday at Sunday if I'm up I'll toss in 3 and so forth

I've uploaded through three, downloaded through six.

Also apparently there's a copy of episode 39 taped off TV circulating, and the ads are on youtube, so when we get there I'll try to put the ads in their proper place instead of just the one toy ad I have

I really hope I can find out more about the ads that ran in Ideon.
>>
so yeah they drop a lot of info in the first ep
there's earthlings moving into space
it's frontier days for them
buff clan already have outposts in place they otherwise give no fucks about
there's an ide

Buff Clan mecha are neat. Is there a relationship between the walkers and the green walker from Future Boy Conan?
>>
>>15770731
Bess is unironically bes boy.
>>
>>15770298
>What was the point of this scene?

A scene that adds a little bit of depth to a character. You know good writers do that a lot of times.
>>
>>15770250
>Is that a motherfucking Zeta reference?

Sure is, it's common knowledge we already had time travel by the early eighties.
>>
>>15770853
>Buff Clan mecha are neat.

And at this point you've only seen the tiny walkers and those really shitty... space/aircraft things? Dunno what their name is.

They get the really cool looking shit later. Buff Clan mech design is great, it's pretty clearly all by the same civilization (lots of things hold parallels to other things) and it looks pretty nonhuman-made.
>>
>>15770853

All that worldbuilding is why I like the first ep of Ideon so much. It's handled much better than in A Contact, to boot.
>>
So, judging by how those women from the Buff Clan and that scientist reacted (I'm bad with names), is it safe for me to assume that what Ideon is will be part of the plot of the series?
>>
>Buff Clan
>qt females don't do everything in the buff
>>
>>15770231
SUPEIIIIISU RANAWAY EEDEYOOHN

EE-DEY-OH-NUUUU
>>
I love the mid-episode break thing.
EEE-DEY-ONNNNNNNNNNNNNN
>>
>>15770560
But EG stopped.
>>
>>15769944
just posting to say OP is a hero
>>
>>15771399
That has to be the best eyecatch I've seen so far. Better than SHAA.
>>
>>15771399
More music and less talk!
EEEE Day ONNNNNN!
>>
I'm in the middle o watching Votoms, but this sounds fun.
I was surprised by how brutal some of the deaths are i the first episode. Also, how do the Buff have a working translator for an alien civilization they just discovered?
>>
>>15771803
I got the impression it was a Universal Translator like in Star Trek where it sometimes took a little while to catch up.
>>
Is this thread a safespace for oldfags? Because /m/ is pretty scary outside of this thread right now.
>>
Overall a good first episode, got me hooked

I got a feeling the alien princess will end up with Bes
>>
>>15771905
She's thirsty af
>>
Love how the whole conflict started because "HE WAS GONNA SHOOT AT ME, I SWEAR!!!!"
>>
>>15772030
That guy was going to get enslaved or blown up if he didn't keep Thirsty safe
>>
So is today episode 2 or are we doing 1 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday?
>>
You may now start watching and discussing Episode 2.
>>
>>15772256
Okay I'll pull episode 1 later this evening, then put 3 in Sunday morning, and pull 2 later Sunday evening

Ideon really does that late-70s early-80s alien space aesthetic great.
>>
>>15770455
Link to the commercials you're using?
>>
>>15771852
The ZZ and Patlabor threads up right now seem to be fine.
>>
>Can only down load one episode every five hours
What the fuck.
>>
Intense second episode

Tomino has a thing for annoying children, doesn't he?
>>
>>15772273
as it stands now I'm just running https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQkcXfHmxiY at the commercial break

I'm definitely adding the cms from episode 39 when it runs, because holy shit the things they advertise during Ideon
>>
>>15772354
Yeah, unless you make an account on it mega has all sorts of limitations.

>>15772375
>Lou stops crying
OMINOUS.
>>
he doesn't even need a knife fight
>>
tomino
>>
hyper tomino
>>
and a little bit more eyeball
>>
>>15769944
I've actually watched up to about episode 12 or so but stopped because depressing and was waiting on the new BDs to get subbed.

Now's the time to get through this.
>>
Alright, Buff Clan fired first so everything can now be blamed on them.

Excellent.
>>
>>15772884
Things are escalating quickly and it's only the first episode. This is going to be a hell of a clusterfuck, isn't it.
>>
>>15772892
That's from later on; stop breaking the Arab's rules.
>>
>>15772894
Yeah, I didn't notice and it takes several tens of seconds to be able to delete something.
>>
>>15772897
No worries.
>>
IDEON PUNCH!
>>
>>15772750
I have a free account. Seems it's not much more advantageous than no having an account at all.
>>
>>15772906
Mega recently changed shit to make you buy subscriptions.
>>
Loving the technical design.
>>
I have to say these initial two episodes remind me a lot of this Bolo book I read about this backwater colony on the absolute rim of Human space that got attacked by a bunch of asshole avian aliens who believed that they were fighting either primitives or the client race of a larger empire and didn't realise that they were just up against Third line troops and units because Humanity was busy fighting a real war on the other side of the galaxy.
>>
wasn't this how the missile launched in UFO, too?
>>
>>
>>15772939
Yes.
>>
>>
>>15772964
>>
>>15772971
>>
>>15772978
spoilers for guro
>>
>>15772990
>>
I love the buff clan's machines. And the human tech is also pretty cool.
>>
>>15772995
>>
Ah Piper Lou. I feel I will come to dislike you.
>>
>>15773001
>>
Gah, this music is great. It's so fucking funky.
>>
>>15773007
then finishing that sequence off with a hilarious Haro cameo
>>
>Why are there so many holes in this machine.

Foreshadowing?
>>
>>15773011
it's the Dragon Quest guy, right?
>>
>>15773022
I'll check once I've finished today's episode.
>>
>>15773022
>>15773027
I wonder if Tomino ever knew about Sugiyama's unfortunate support of historical revisionism. It might explain why the guy didn't compose for any of his other shows.
>>
>>15773037
Well, he kept Itano on for a fair while, didn't he?
>>
>What the fuck we're not killing it?

Oh, this is going to be fun.
>>
B-BAKEMON!
>>
>>15772955
I really hope she didn't die. Such a nice girl.
>>
IDE NO KOUJIN DA?!
>>
>>15773054
Certainly has good taste in pantsu.
>>
Well, I want to watch the third episode right away, but going to wait to hopefully keep up the tempo.
>>
>>15772375
Why was Cosmo acting like some pissed off dad on a road trip?
>>
>>15773207
Let's see you pilot the robot with that damn kid crying
>>
>tfw finished series a little while ago
>tfw just finished Be Invoked

You guys are in for a treat, I think.
>>
>>
>>
>>
nice gauges
>>
>>
I enjoy any shot that's just Ideon's arm being launched at something.
>>
Those two dudes in the back are just so unimpressed by Ideon.
>>
If you couple this scene with the one from the previous episode, the Universal Translator the Buff Clan use seems to slowly pick up the language.

Her conversation with Bes is just her replying slowly and oddly, implying that the translator hasn't quite gotten things right just yet.
>>
Cosmo is cute!

CUTE!
>>
>>15773410
Nice.
>>
SPAAAAAAAAAACE

RUNAWAY!

Run away from Ideon who is about to crush you with his fist fueled by the screams and cries of the innocent.
>>
>>15773584
Ideon's fists seem to be the most destructive thing in the show so far.
>>
File: bitch u.png (108KB, 223x246px)
bitch u.png
108KB, 223x246px
>>15773737
Ideon is a goddamn melee machine, but its only other anti-personnel weapons are missiles and a few really piddly lasers on its chest (I think it had those) so that makes sense.
>>
I JUST WANNA WATCH EPISODE 3

WHOEVER CAME UP WITH THIS ONCE A DAY RULE IS A DUMBASS

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
Time is currently 01:20 AM
Preparations for Episode 3 of Space Runaway Ideon complete
Cleared for launch: Y/N
>>
>>15774328
This started August 13 GMT+3.

It's still August 13 in GMT+3.

You have 15 hours.

I won't begrudge you if you watch it and then post about it later. Just be sure to participate, okay? A healthy discussion can benefits everyone.
>>
Just watched the first episode. Iremember trying to watch this several years back, right after finishing Zeta-- for some reason I just couldn't stomach it.

Glad to be giving this another chance. I've heard/read good things here and there, but my ignorant question is why are they vehicles? Why is Ideon even a robot? isn't the Ide supposed to be some all destroying/creation energy/singularity/collective conscious? I know suspension of disbelief and what not, but is there an in-universe explanation as to WHY Ideon is split into 3 vehicles that transform and combine?
>>
>>15774462
>why are they vehicles? Why is Ideon even a robot?

They actually hint at it in the first few episodes - a lot of what the escavators, scientists, and linguists did was "fixing it up". They definitely changed things, which is probably why they look like modern vehicles (especially since most of the more vehicle-y looking bits are invisible on the fully combined robot).

As for why it's a robot at all, because spoilers spoilers spoilers spoilers, but the fact that it came with a giant spaceship should be an indication.

>isn't the Ide supposed to be some all destroying/creation energy/singularity/collective conscious?

Yes and no, but spoilers.
>>
Bes is kawaii
>>
>>15774496
These people are shit archaeologists.
>>
This is going to be hard to refrain from watching more than one episode a day
>>
>>15774830
First time I was watching Ideon, when these new BD encodes were coming out, I only got up to episode 12 because of waiting for everything to be done and because I got a bit burnt out on the suffering.

One a day is a good way to keep you hungry.
>>
>>15771401

So does that mean there'll never be a batch torrent of his Ideon rip? Sad.
>>
>>15774857
Nothing's stopping you from making one.
>>
>>15774859

True, but I was hoping he'd make one himself; if for no other reasons than V2'ing some episodes to make whatever minor corrections he wanted. Where would one even go to find them at this point though?
>>
Ideon TV is fucking garbage.
Enjoy your crap.
>>
I like how that rolling screen effect for Bes on the display turned out
>>
>>15774977
Ain't you cheery.
>>
I was surprised the monkeys didn't do something too
>>
Fuck, I finished rewatching it two weeks ago. Really loved both the TV series and Be Invoked.
>>
>>15774977
I'm loving it
>>
I can see how there's enough "normal" content that they could bring a tape of clips of a few episodes to show Tomy execs and make them think they're not getting a Tomino tow to a ruse cruise.
I wonder how accurate that bit in those comics is where he bald-faced lies to them about Ideon being about protecting the neighborhood or whatever.
>>
looking at the detail in Cupa's ship getting smashed there doesn't seem to be the extra gore hidden in the frames
>>
>>15775215
Sanrio, too. Those guys actually sponsored Be Invoked.
>>
>>15775234
>Sanrio
didn't they do some artsy stuff or something around this time too?
but yeah, Japanese movies make for strange bedfellows, like that double-feature of that baseball manga and The Legend Of Dinosaurs, or hearing legends of Totoro/Grave of the Fireflies, or the Hamtaro/Godzilla crossover content

I know they've done Kitty/Eva, but did they do any crossover with Ideon?
I want the whole gang as the Ideon gang, like Badtz Maru as Sheryl or whatever

Bess reminds me of Mendou from Urusei Yatsura for reasons I can't quite figure out. Like, his body language and face. Like it's the same actor.
>>
["cunning linguist" joke goes here]
>>
File: Mendou.png (2MB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Mendou.png
2MB, 1280x960px
>>15775245
>Bess reminds me of Mendou from Urusei Yatsura for reasons I can't quite figure out. Like, his body language and face. Like it's the same actor.
IMO Bes looks like Haram Banjoh but you may be correct that it resemble a bit to Mendou. Also if someone reminds me by the looks to Mendou of Urusei Yatsura it's Genya of the Giant Robo ova.
>>
>>15775309
>Genya of the Giant Robo ova.
definitely
>>
^___^
[___]
>>
File: f4c1e98d185d83190c11c9f93592dba9.jpg (211KB, 604x1030px) Image search: [Google]
f4c1e98d185d83190c11c9f93592dba9.jpg
211KB, 604x1030px
>>
From the first episode it seemed like this was the first off Earth colony, but it makes no sense the first colony will be in a different galaxy.

>>15774347
Thanks for choosing a sensible time zone
>>
>>15775348
We've passed VF-kun's time so the watching/talking of the 3rd episode can begin!

Also that guy got fucking incinerated. Serves him right for trying to shoot women and children.

ALSO SHIGE'S IN THIS SERIES, YAY.
>>
>>15775467
I've got 3 on the tube and will take 2 out probably 6easternish
>>
>Something in the centre of the ship that they don't know what it is.

Mysterious.
>>
Speaking of ships, the Buff Clan has some nice ones.
>>
Neat little episode. Still setting things up. I like how neither side still has any idea as to what the fuck is going on and are just slowly trying to make sense of everything.
>>
>>15775404

That J9 gets me every time.
>>
File: J9 salute.jpg (129KB, 640x480px)
J9 salute.jpg
129KB, 640x480px
>>15775513
I know it's awesome.
>>
"We can't let them disturb our peace!" they say as they fire the first shots.

>>15772990
>>15772995
>>15773001
>>15773007
This stuff is pretty graphic for such an old show and one that aired on TV. Anime generally is more violent than stuff on TV in America but this is more violent than I generally see even in anime.
>>
>>15775683
>This stuff is pretty graphic for such an old show
yeah they really go out of their way to get gory

also I found out some stores' webfilters will block a thing with synchtubes, so I'll post the yt links for each ep here too

episode 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uagUjIc7t6A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CPqMFvG6l0
>>
apparently the chapter stops didn't line up with the eyecatch on some of these
I'll try to keep a lookout for it in future
>>
Bes best boy so far.

>>15775492
I also don't understand anything, so I'm awaiting some explanations in the next episodes regarding Ideon and the Ideship (is it called this? I hope it is).
>>
It's episode 3 of Ideon time, boys!

Are you Ideoning?

I'm Ideoning as we speak!
>>
>>15776425
I've already had my dose of suffering for the day, yep.

Everyone is flailing around and not sure what's going on.
>>
>Also, they call the machine you're riding in the Ideo Delta
>Who cares what it's called? Tell them to bring some missiles!
>>
>>15776484
I fucking loved that line.

>Hey Cosmo! Here's some super robot exposition about the awesome cool machine you-
>SHUT UP AND FUCKING RESUPPLY ME!
>>
>>15776487
The real star of this show, though, is Joliver.

He's just running around doing everything.
>>
Cosmo sure was quick to get over his dad's death
>>
>>15776560
He got Buff clan to kill, he can grieve later.
>>
>>15776484
>>15776487
Yeah I liked that line too.

I'm also glad that the Ideon isn't indestructible like it seemed to be in the first episode.
>>
The fuck's wrong with her

So far the Buff Clan has been full of trigger-happy idiots
>>
>>15776576
They're arrogant, heavily caste based and don't seem to care too much about their own people, so imagine what they think of some random aliens.
>>
>>15776579
Yeah but they've got cool ships.
>>
It will be interesting to see if Bes ends up with Karala or Sheryl

Sheryl has more of a tsundere vibe so she could win
>>
>>15776634
>long blue hair
>red short hair
>>
>>15776614
Oh definitely. Buff Clan's technical design is on point.
>>
>>15776634
Karala seems to be a space princess or something tho.
>>
Mr. VF, I need a image of a happy Zambo Ace.
Goodnight.
>>
So I'm downloading these episodes and is there any reason to download episode 39 or should I watch 38 then watch Be Invoked?
>>
>>15776980
All 39 episodes.

Then we'll watch A Contact and Be Invoked.

Regardless of whether it is your first time or a repeat viewing of Ideon, the whole point is to watch ALL of Ideon and discuss it together in these threads.

Do you understand, Sheryl?
>>
What's the history behind the phrase "Southern Cross"? It's shown up in a couple of shows that I can think of, most prominently Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross. Did the Japanese just think that the English for that constellation sounded really cool, was it the name of a hit song of the time, or what?
>>
>>15777050
I'm not talking strictly about this watching in this thread. I just heard that the original ending to the show is shit and caused by it being cancelled. Though people sometimes say to watch End of Evangelion instead of the last two TV episodes but I enjoyed the last two episodes too so maybe it's the same here and it's worth watching just to note the difference.
>>
>>15770026
What a load of toss. One thing cannot affect the quality of another thing. Watching Ideon as it originally ended does not 'make Be Invoked worse'.
>>
>>15777234
I'd still recommend watching the full thing and forming your own opinion.

I'm not a fan of skipping anything if I'm watching a show.

Especially with a show like Ideon.

I'm hoping the people who are going to watch this show for the firs time will come out of learning that it's all about the journey, and not so much the destination.

It's just more enjoyable to slowly take your time with it and experience every little aspect.
>>
>>15777234
If you don't watch the final episode you are watching an incomplete show, it is as simple as that. The movie may rewritre the narrative but it is not how the show ended. You'll never know how it ended! It will keep you up at night! You'll go crazy! Tomino crazy! Watch it all.
>>
>>15775463
>From the first episode it seemed like this was the first off Earth colony, but it makes no sense the first colony will be in a different galaxy.

Perhaps the writers are going with the idea that terraforming is harder than intergalactic travel, and that planets suitable for human life (or for whatever level of terraforming is possible) are incredibly rare? That would be the most sensible explanation I can think of right now.
>>
>>15777193
Not sure. It'll be interesting to see if there's anything more behind it.
>>
>>15777234
Just watch the original ending. It's 20 minutes.
>>
>>15777253
>instead of watching this fifteen minute part for the first time you're watching it for a second time likely only a day later
>doesn't make it worse
It does though. I could see watching episode 39 after the movie to see what it originally ended on.
If you don't think watching the same thing multiple times in quick succession doesn't remove a lot of the impact I'd love to have your goldfish memory.
>>
>>15777234
As someone who really like the ending of Eva, and EoE I'd really avoid watching the last episode before be invoked. Sure whatever, watch it after be invoked, but it's frame, by frame the same footage for fifteen minutes and completely killed the excitement for me until they started diverging.
>>
File: nope.webm (92KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
nope.webm
92KB, 960x720px
>>15777050
>Do you understand, Sheryl?
>>
File: Snapshot 2 (8-13-2017 10-11 PM).png (303KB, 602x455px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 2 (8-13-2017 10-11 PM).png
303KB, 602x455px
>this kills the cunny
>>
>>15777575
That's such an amazing webm.
>>
>>15777234
Most of what's in the last episode is in Be Invoked, but not quite all of it. There's some other stuff.

>>15777575
HEYEYEYEYEY
>>
Fucking great show I'd love to watch for the first time again, too bad I literally just finished the series a week ago. I'll stop by for A Contact and Be Invoked when you get to them.
>>
MEGA crashed and apparently that caused some of my files to download incorrectly. Checking through torrents leaves this.

Anyone help or should I leave these be anyways and wait? At this pace they'll probably download either way (especially since one of them is 39)
>>
>>15777390
Reminder: That one show that gave us the same episode 8 times in a cour.

Yes, watching stuff over and over again does decrease the entertainment.
>>
>>15778589
It's me.
Thanks, got 31 and 32, just what I needed.
>>
three seemed kinda mild on the deaths

is there any high def scans of the backgrounds?

iirc Yamato got some books of replica cels on backgrounds that were separate, I wonder if other stuff did
>>
>>15774977
Kill yourself
>>
So before Episode 4 watching starts (don't know the time we're using), I feel the need to post this I found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9wEosOu0yo
>>
Tomino really portrays the Buff as extremely unlikable only 3 episodes in. I genuinely
thought he was about to kill all these kids already.

>>15776576
Bes acted like a fucking retard in that scene. He barley met her for ten seconds in the forest, but he is shocked as if he knew her for a long time.
>>
>>15778672
>Episode two's brutality means that an alien being burnt into a pile of ash is mild.

Iiiiiidddeeeeeooooon~!
>>
>>15778793
this plays at the end of the 2nd movie,its awesome
>>
>>15778793
I've got four rotated in on the cytube at least, I'll have 3 up until probably late this afternoon
>>15778803
his eyeball didn't even launch at the children ;_;
>>
>>15778795
>I genuinely
>thought he was about to kill all these kids already.
Same. Before i realized what was actually happening I definitely said "Jesus FUCK, Tomino"
>>
>>15778883

That would have been good for the anime. The sooner the kids are gone, the better.
>>
The kinds of screwups in this show are what I would expect from any real life contact with aliens. Both sides have no idea what's going on and any time either side tries to contact the other there's either an issue with the communication method or the differences in culture fuck everything up. It's funny but scary at the same time.
>>
>>15778920
The kids are there for the kid audience and likely via sponsor demands, can't do anything against that.
>>
I wonder if Piper Lou was put in to discourage execs from watching full episodes on tv.
>>
Wow. Someone with common sense in the Buff Clan? Fucking finally.
>>
dem seizure strobes
>>
>>15779177
This line confused me. In what context does he mean "Samurai"? I doubt it was meant literally.
Seems like a small translation blunder.
>>
>>15779183
if you listen he specifically says "samurai" the Japanese word for a swordsman who lives by the bushido code
>>
>>15779183
No. He literally says "samurai". He says it quickly but he does say it.
>>
>>15778920
They actually have plot significance later on, but I won't spoil it.
>>
>>15779182
Ugh. So many animes do this or keep flashing their titles or laserbeams and it drives me mad.

I'm not having a seizure and I'm not epileptic, but it's still annoying as fuck.
>>
>>15779196
Thanks, Pokemon, for changing that.
>>
>>15779187
>>15779194
Missed that. Still sounds a bit odd that aliens would use it. However I have no knowledge of japanese, so I guess I'm out of my element.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (18KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>15776484
NAMES IS FOR GROTZ
DA IDJUN NEEDZ MOAR DAKKA
>>
>>15779212
I'd say they're using it in the same way as "Chivalry", which is meaning the honour code they have.

But it'd still be awkward for aliens to use that word, so I'll take it as the devs inserting it so that people watching it understand (until someone tells me that there's better ways of conveying this information. I know nothing of japenis after all).
>>
>>15779260
Basically, it's the equivalent of meeting a race of aliens that act like knights from the Middle Ages, or some such.
>>
Can we watch episode 4?
>>
>>15779491
hope so, I'm about to pull 3 from the tube
>>
It's Ideon's 4th episode, Charlie Brown.

You can get to watchin' and discussin'.
>>
Bes: Get some rest.
Kasha: Everyone's been killed! I don't have time to rest!
>>
What kind of dance move was he trying to do here?

>>15779697
And it'll only get worse from here onwards. Ohohoho.
>>
>Don't concern yourself too much with Lady Karala, Gije.
>Why?
>You see, I.... nevermind, just go.

OMINOUS.

>>15779760
Densetsu no Michael Kyojackson.
>>
HOT ANIME ROMULANS (HAVING A PICNIC.)
>>
>>15779818
>what did he mean by this?

Seriously I've compley forgot.
>>
>>15779819
I'm glad we learned what space aliens call a sammich.

Also here's ep 4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdVtHsw4r9A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcc18Hc3Q3M

I appreciate the person subscribing to this channel but don't bother.

I'm going to be abandoning it by the end of this week, I already ran up the google drive on this account with unrelated media piracy so I'll be making a new one pretty soon.
>>
>>15779994

>I appreciate the person subscribing to this channel
T-Thanks...

>but don't bother.

oh k.

Speaking of, this scene was pretty hype. Nice way to end the episode.
>>
I just love how in these few episodes, first Ideon and now the Solo Ship have been established as these two magnificent pieces of ancient technology that almost act on their own. Ideon is not just a mecha, is THE mecha.
>>
>>15779819
Citizens of the Romulan Star Empire would never have shoulderpads that small.
>>
You guys should watch more than one episode per day.
>>
>>15780284
If anyone wants to watch more episodes, that's fine and I don't really mind it.

My only request is that we limit the discussion to "today's episode" in these threads.
>>
>tfw Be Invoked is my favorite movie and I missed this event with you guys

lame
>>
>>15780329
The thread is only watching one episode for day and are only up to episode 4. So you can still easily catch up to watch the rest.

I'm already on episode 10 though because I can't stand that slow pace.
>>
>>15780329
We won't be watching Be Invoked for about another month - there's plenty of time.
>>
>>15780334
>>15780335
Sweet gonna download that stuff.
>>
"Daddy, why is /m/ actually watching Ideon instead of arguing pointlessly?"

"Because VF-kun is the old man we need, but not the old man we deserve."
>>
>>15780472
To be fair the thread is only discussing the first 4 episodes. There's plenty of time for arguing.

In any case I'm liking this show a lot. And it's not one of the shows that I'd heard of before just a little bit before this thread was started. It's got decent action and a fairly simple but well executed plot (so far at least).
>>
File: zlow_jick.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
zlow_jick.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
As someone who watched the show and Be Invoked fully already, is it alright if I ask about favorite machines?
I'm really partial to the Ganga Lubu and Zurow Jick.
>>
>>15780846
Wait until they show up in the series before talking about them.
>>
You know, as we go through the episodes I'm noticing a few faint similarities between Ideon and SMT Strange Journey.

I wouldn't be surprised if you told me SJ was at least partly inspired by it.
>>
>Encounter alien civilization
>Immediately start shooting and blowing up their shit
>Completely destroy their only population center and kill a bunch of civilians
>They start fighting back
>"wow these aliens sure are hostile, we better kill them to the last man"
>>
File: 1452161125531.png (129KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452161125531.png
129KB, 300x300px
>>15779760
>>
>>15780904
Are Buffs the Americans of space?
>>
I really like how Cosmo's hair is wider than his helmet allows.
>>
File: Densetsu Kyojin GM.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Densetsu Kyojin GM.png
1MB, 960x720px
I'm through episode 17, pretty good show. I'll be posting a scene of ep 4 to do not break the rule of this thread.

>>15780910
Wasn't the Buff Clan portrayed as the traditional japanese culture (hence the samurai thing) and the Solo's crew as the modern Japan? I've seen this posted some time ago but I don't know if this is legit or some fan theory.

SPACE RUNAWAY
>>
Someone has the names of the fight themes the series has been using so far? I don't want to listen to the whole Vynil upload in YT to discover.
>>
>>15781199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_cGHNoKSKc
>>
File: wow.jpg (303KB, 950x1434px) Image search: [Google]
wow.jpg
303KB, 950x1434px
What an ungrateful little shit
>>
>>15781349
It's the best
>>
>>15780951
'Fro is life.
>>
>>
>>15781349
It probably gets tight with all that afro in there so he stays irritable
>>
>>15781371
Afro works the best for absorbing the blunt of hits inside that helmet. Makes the helm stay in place.
>>
5 is up
sorry it was so late
I'm at a convention and was busy getting some crap set up
>>
>>15781317
Thanks a lot /m/anideon.
>>
>>
DON'T TOUCH THAT DIAL

CAUSE IT'S TIME FOR IDEON #5.
>>
>>15782021
>ladder, tables, and folding chairs
Everything you need for happiness.
>>
Bright, what are you doing here? How did you get THIS lost!?
>>
>>15782838
Oops I just realized. Have we already started with episode 5? If not sorry, I fucked up.
>>
>>15782838
Amuro shows up in another scene, too, but I think that's not in episode 5.

>>15782841
We have!

Leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet's

episode

fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

da da da da da da, da da da da, daaaaaaaaaaa.
>>
Cute coming from you.

But I agree.
>>
>>15782838
More importantly what's up with the colors on that Haro?

I'll pull ep 4 in a bit.
>>
>>15782877
amuro shows up near the end of the next episode i think
>>
So what did the Ide have to do with that Buff Clan legend? Was it the orange thing that the warrior ate?
>>
more critters
>>
Some say the kid's annoying to hear
Piper Lou Piper Lou Piper Lou
But when he cries there's no enemy we'll fear
Piper Lou Piper Lou Piper Lou the baby
>>
LOOK! A HUGE DISTRACTING THING!
>>
Gije's CQC is totes on point
>>
>>
>>15783046
Is he the true monster? Is he the chosen of Ide? Who knows. Many mysteries will unravel as we watch more of "Muteki Choujin no Eiyuu Lou"

>>15782992
Seems like the fruit or whatever had the power of Ide. Ide itself seems to be the energy source that the Buff Clan was talking about. Therefore, I guess the fruit just contained some of that energy.

Ideon and the Ideship are most likely just full of that energy or something.
>>
Joliver is best boy.

Bes can't even compete.
>>
Begin the sneaking mission.
>>
>>
>>15783243
I feel like the Solo militia should just introduce a new way of 'filtering' through Buff Clan male members:

They all have the same haircut.
>>
They would have needed to edit in a lot of parachutes if this show had been localized in the 80s.
>>
>>15783292
But that would be racist.
>>
>>15783243
"carry a thing and act like you're supposed to be there" has worked for me more than I ever expected it to
>>
DS DRIVE BRAKE
>>
>>15783471
DOCKINGU OKAY
>>
The Buff Clan weaponry isn't just for show!
>>
This seems to shed a bit more light on >>15775463 ; perhaps A7's coordinates are easier to compute than anything local?
>>
File: hair.webm (307KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
hair.webm
307KB, 960x720px
>>15782883
Like a goldfish, Cosmo's hair will eventually grow to fill any container.
>>
>>
Did you guys enjoy Gije's tactical sneaking operation?
>>
And let's not forget he ended up punching Sheryl twice.
>>
>>15783799
I was like "dafuq is this guy doin- SHITTT"
>>
>>15783809
Tbh he should have gone for a third punch
>>
>>15783841
You always save the third punch for an emergency.
>>
>>15783809
I guess the word 'hypocrisy' isn't in the Buff dictionary.
>>
>>15784060
I like how this episode is just "Buff Clan don't want to admit that their rigid way of life has lead to one big misunderstanding."

You're gonna love episode 6, Anonymous.
>>
>>15784075

Oh, that's the 'what did they mean by raising this flag' episode, yeah?
>>
>>15784148
>what did they mean by
all the "what did they mean by this" threads are really space aliens trying to make contact
>>
I think we need a new thread.
>>
>>15784326
I think we're supposed to wait until this hits page six
>>
>>15784262
>Buff Clan are "What did he mean by this?" the civilization
Intergalactic shitposting.
>>
>sugoi Gs!
>yosh, ENGEE STOP
>q say nanda!
Kasha a qt

Also,
>Bes: There are likable things here, eh?
>Sheryl: What do you mean?
>Bes: Nothing.
SINISTER
>>
Been a bit busy so catching up; currently on 4.

I like how the Buff Clan have more solid irises and hair than humans; sets them off a little subtly.

The fucking chair railway thing is stupid and I love it.
>>
>Randomly stating 'I'M A WOMAN I CAN PILOT IDEON JUST LIKE YOU' out of the blue.

It's Tomino alright.
>>
Interesting that the kids are the ones who fucked everything up.
>>
New thread time.

>>15785248
Thread posts: 321
Thread images: 135

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.