[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New SEED dub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 42

File: DG-d9CKXcAAPBcP.jpg (70KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
DG-d9CKXcAAPBcP.jpg
70KB, 680x510px
Us. HD remaster release of seed and destiny getting new dub

Who asked for this?
>>
Wing needs it more tbqh.
Oh well.

RIP Best English Rau.
>>
>>15769536
Not that the guys at NYAV Post don't do a great job in their own right, but the Ocean dub for SEED is one of the few things I actually liked about the series. It's pretty disappointing that they're not returning to the studio.
>>
>>15769536
Let it come and usher in a new age of SEED rage.
>>
File: 740d46c808a2711ef706f4fbcd3cc046.jpg (338KB, 1024x523px) Image search: [Google]
740d46c808a2711ef706f4fbcd3cc046.jpg
338KB, 1024x523px
What I want to know though is if they're going to redo Lacus' English songs by Jillian Michaels to someone younger or closer to the new VA.

It was kind of weird going from a youthful girl's voice to a more mature voice. Then again, you have a girl like Jackie Evancho who sang in a voice much older than she is.

But Meer's English vocals were much closer compared to Lacus'.
>>
Gundam Seed redub: Kira Yamato will be done by Max Mittelman
>>
>Ouch. Mention of Lacus' "annoying voice" and how it was important to make sure to get dubbed one that wouldn't annoy them during the process

Kek
>>
>>15769580
It's not the voice that's the problem with her. No actor on either side of the ocean could make material that vapid work.
>>
>>15769577
I hope he's willing to get kicked in the balls
>>
>>15769536
why
>>
>>15769536
>redubbing SEED
>Knowing full well how much Americunts hate the CE era and everything it stands for
Did they forget all the booing SEED got during the Bandai panels?
>>
>>15769619
They said they're aware of what pissed off fans and will make changes so characters aren't so annoying.
>>
>>15769627
THE MAIN PROBLEM ISN'T THE VOICE ACTING
THE PROBLEM IS THE MATERIAL

Literally the only way they could sell this to people is as some Ghost Stories parody dub taking the piss out of Gundam SEED
>>
>>15769627
That's just as bad though.

At least give me the original dub instead of that bullshit.
>>
>>15769627
So they're re-writing everything? I thought we were past the 90s.
>>
>>15769619
They are getting mixed signals. Merchandise sells well in the u.s.
>>
Whatever happened to the Wing blurays getting brought over with staff interviews featuring the questions we asked from that survey? ?
>>
File: Sisko.jpg (96KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Sisko.jpg
96KB, 692x530px
>>15769536

>redubbing gloriously hammy English Rau
>>
>>15769640
No just not as much whining from Kira and stuff like that.
>>
>>15769651
Still happening
>>
>Gundam Seed redub: Cherami Leigh has been cast for Cagalli (you may recall she's Kudelia in Iron Blooded Orphans)
>Cagalli dub clip has a "why the hell are you piloting that DAMN THING?!"
>>
>>15769651
Nozomi/Rightstuf panel tomorrow will have details.
>>
>>15769669
>>15769681
Good. Hopefully they asked them good questions.
>>
>>15769536
>mfw this means Toonami re-airing
I wonder if we'll see an influx of hybrid newfag/SEEDfags or if /a/ will bear the brunt
>>
>>15769690
>Tell friend about it back when they were taking questions
>Says he asked about FT anime
>>
>>15769649
Virtually every Gundam series release in the US met Bandai expectation except for Wing, Unicorn and GBF which exceeded them
>>
>>15769717
A lot of people including myself asked them about a potential sequel.
>>
>>15769693
Yeah Demarco would do something stupid like that. Ironically enough SEED bombed originally on Toonami way back in 2004 and was moved to the dreaded late night Friday block before Adult Swim took it over that was also home for IGPX S2 and Destiny didn't even air in the US. You'd think he would learn after both IBO and Unicorn bombed on the block.
>>
File: 1470325128227.png (21KB, 271x202px) Image search: [Google]
1470325128227.png
21KB, 271x202px
>>15769717
>>15769723
>FT anime
>>
>>15769731
That would be funny considering how it didn't work out the first time.

Seed's Canada to the USA's Wing. This whole thing just feels like garbage considering that people have synced the dub to the HD remaster and that's just as fans.
>>
>>15769741
I didn't say Frozen Teardrop. I just said a sequel period. They should have done that back after it finished on Toonami back in the day. Gundam would have lasted longer in the original run.
>>
>>15769758
I don't think people care enough about Wing to want a sequel they just want the Bluray remaster for nostalgia purposes since its long overdue and I highly doubt NYAV would be stupid enough to redub that given how Wing is an nostalgia based property here in the US unlike SEED.
>>
>Seed redubbed
>Escaflowne redubbed how'd that turn out anyways?
>no longer the go-to Gundam guys
>pretty much nonexistent in the current anime world in general
Ocean just can't catch a break
>>
>>15769731
Majority of anime bombs on Toonami.
>>
>>15769771
They said that Gundam Wing is still the highest selling in the US when it comes to kits so there is still interest in it. The April Fools Toonami airing got around a million views. The audience is there. It's the a matter of Bandai thinking it's worth the effort after Frozen Teardrop bombed.
>>
>>15769632
>Thinking C.E. Gundam is bad is an objective fact.
>>
>>15769776
>Escaflowne redubbed how'd that turn out anyways?
Pretty good I mean the original dub for Escaflowne was god fucking awful and nobody gives a shit about it so there was nowhere to go but up with it
>no longer the go-to Gundam guys
Honestly with the exception of the 0079 and CCA dub the majority of their Gundam dubs were lackluster
>pretty much nonexistent in the current anime world in general
Well they did dub World Trigger and Gintama recently this year and they still have MLP
>>15769785
Not really even fucking Dimension W did well on there
>>
>>15769793
>They said that Gundam Wing is still the highest selling in the US when it comes to kits so there is still interest in it.
Its not a lucrative market in the US to begin with and there isn't much in terms of variety, if Wing is selling here its because that's all that comes here outside SEED shit
>The April Fools Toonami airing got around a million views
Even that shitty ass Tenchi episode got a million views, the whole point of that event was that it was a huge fucking surprise that generated interest to bringing back Toonami

People really do overestimate Wing's significance outside nostalgia, its not really highly praised here at all compared to DBZ and Sailor Moon in which fandom would defend to death.
>>
>>15769804
>Honestly with the exception of the 0079 and CCA dub the majority of their Gundam dubs were lackluster
I liked the 00 dub tho...
>>
>>15769820
>not really highly praised
No anime on 4chan really is.
>>
>>15769804
>Honestly with the exception of the 0079 and CCA dub the majority of their Gundam dubs were lackluster
Those were just as shit as the rest.
>>
>>15769820
>Its not a lucrative market in the US to begin with and there isn't much in terms of variety, if Wing is selling here its because that's all that comes here outside SEED shit
That's a lie. They said that Gundam sells more than it ever did back in the day.

>People really do overestimate Wing's significance outside nostalgia, its not really highly praised here at all compared to DBZ and Sailor Moon in which fandom would defend to death.
Sunrise/Bluefin themselves have acknowledged how big Wing is still in the states. DBZ and Sailor Moon actually got new material over the years and don't share their franchise with over a dozen other properties.
>>
>>15769731
>Ironically enough SEED bombed originally on Toonami way back in 2004 and was moved to the dreaded late night Friday block before Adult Swim took it over that was also home for IGPX S2 and Destiny didn't even air in the US.
which led to the irony that the Toonami airings were the most censored Gundam's ever been in the states, while by the Adult Swim airings to finish it off they stopped bothering with the censoring, leading to some really awkward moments for people who were watching it on TV(mostly around the really jarring moments of hyper violence SEED randomly stuck in for no good reason)

honestly if there was a complete version of SEED that edited out the random gorn but was otherwise left untouched I'd gladly give SEED a rewatch
>>
>>15769830
Some are, for a while. Then the community at large takes note of it and promptly decides it must be terrible and act like it is until most of them genuinely feel that way.

...why the fuck do I still come here again?
>>
>>15769776
>spoiler

Mediocre. Some good performances here and there but Folken was horrible and really dragged the whole thing down IMO.

The voice just didn't have as good of a presence. Horrible choice imo, which isn't surprising considering I wasn't a fan of Vic's work as Mendoza in the Garo dub either. To each their own I guess.

>Ocean just can't catch a break
Eh. They're sitting on the MLP money right now. I do agree that they've got range all over the play though that doesn't get used enough.

Vanguard's getting better dub-wise no thanks to G-Next being so fucking good though (still not a fan of how they recasted English Tokoha though, just to match the Japanese recast)

Still owe me the second series of Storm Hawks and fucking DB Academy though that's mostly on Nerd Corps/DHX being dicks about it. You don't end shit on a cliffhanger with no sequel on sight.

>>15769827
Only issue is I had with the 00 dub is Swaile should've done Ribbons.
>>
>>15769536
>Who asked for this?
Never underestimate the stupidity of SEEDfags and Bandai's fortitude to milk them for every cent.
>>
>>15769830
I'm talking about outside here it isn't well liked every time it was shown on panels it was boo'd off and even outside 4chan it isn't well liked and before you use MAL and TV.com scores go actually read the comments because they call out its bullshit system
>>
>>15769845
Freedom 3.0 when?
>>
>>15769859
>it was shown on panels it was boo'd off and even outside 4chan it isn't well liked
>Maybe a 150-200 people represent the entire anime fandom's opinion on a show
Sure doesn't sound like confirmation bias to me.
>>
>>15769864
Maybe in 10 years. For right now, Freedom 2.0 is a masterpiece.
>>
>>15769864
>Freedom 3.0
>when the Freedom 2.0 is like a year and a half old
?
A Strike Freedom 2.0 is far more likely.
>>
>>15769859
>it was boo'd off and even outside 4chan it isn't well liked
Ever heard of a vocal minority?
>>
>>15769838
>They said that Gundam sells more than it ever did back in the day.
Horseshit. The Gunpla market in here is incredibly small compared to their heyday in the 90's and early 00's if something is selling well here it means its only pushing less than a quarter of the amount that sells in Japan and since they don't get nearly as many stock its irrelevant. Gundam selling better than ever is just a myth.

>Sunrise/Bluefin themselves have acknowledged how big Wing is still in the states.
i.e. not every

>DBZ and Sailor Moon actually got new material over the years
Because they were still popular and profitable and on people's minds beyond "that show I watched on Toonami" they got new material for their respective anniversaries in Japan while Wing got a poorly received Novel series for its 15th and nothing for its 20th with very little fanfare over here. Nobody is clamoring for a Wing sequel since the general opinion is that it wasn't very good.
>>
>>15769881
>Look at me, I am talking out of my ass.
>>
>>15769827
That dubbed had far too many miscasts honestly
>>15769837
Fuck you they were. Kospa will always been my preferred English version of Char
>>
>>15769880
>minority
Cute but this isn't Japan

>>15769889
>Its a Wingfag can't face reality episode
>>
>>15769881
>Because they were still popular and profitable and on people's minds beyond "that show I watched on Toonami"
>Sailor Moon Crystal has been near universally panned everywhere and Dragon Ball Super has been... a very bumpy quality ride.
>>
>>15769536

Ewww
>>
>>15769897
>>Its a Wingfag can't face reality episode
More a UCfag that can't really prove his biased opinions episode.
>>
>>15769902
>Sailor Moon Crystal has been near universally panned everywhere
Still sold well because Sailor Moon fags are idiots
>Dragon Ball Super has been... a very bumpy quality ride
Still doing well because DBZfags are idiots

Basically the fandoms for these never fucking left because that's all they care about "new DBZ and SM" that's it. Do you really think Wing holds that kind of leverage?
>>
>>15769904
Cry more more.
>>
>>15769881
You forgot that Wing also got a manga that's still ongoing and a shit load of action figures, kits, rereleased blurays with more material and a reairing on Japanese TV. The fact that Wing got a novel and manga shows that they know the audience is there. The novel was shit. That's why it failed. Not because of a lack of interest in Wing.
>>
>>15769905
Yes yes I'm sure when Wing BDs gets released in the US it will be best selling release of the year
>>
>>15769536
よかったね(笑)
>>
>>15769906
Well if UC fans can lap up shit like Unicorn and Thunderbolt.... then yes.
>>
IBO REMASTERED when?
>>
The interview where it was said that Gundam was selling better in the US than it ever has before was with Xavier Lim. Unfortunately ANN is down so the link doesn't work.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interview/2016-07-13/xavier-lim-bluefin-gundam-guru/.104264
>>
>>15769912
Even fucking GX got manga

>>15769916
Unicorn for sure appealed to newfags and for the sake of my sanity I assume that only said newfags like Thunderbolt. That this shitty generation has a big faux 80s nostalgia fad probably means nuUC so you can pretend to be a TRUE OG GENDEM FAN is more appealing as well.
>>
>>15769914
By that logic, most of UC Gundams aren't well regard because their blurays don't sell like hotcakes.
>>
>>15769841
>that edited out the random gorn but was otherwise left untouched
Oh look its that soft-stomached fag
>>
>>15769912
>You forgot that Wing also got a manga
Wow...a Gundam manga retelling the events of the anime! Lets put that in with the rest of them being serialized in Gundam "this magazine was only created because of The Origin and now every manga series gets an origin retelling" Ace
>rereleased blurays with more material
Those are the exact same BDs but with different sound mixing

>The fact that Wing got a novel and manga shows that they know the audience is there
It was for its anniversary. G got three new manga series for its anniversary.

Not arguing that Wing isn't popular in Japan just that people in he US don't care as much as you're saying.
>>
>>15769932
>for the sake of my sanity
You are already insane for even wanting to post here.
>>
>>15769942
Don't worry this is my annual pilgrimage to see how shit this board can get
>>
>>15769881
I think you're right that the "better than ever" is probably untrue, but they may just be looking at the boom caused by Wing as an anomaly.
As far as steady sales goes, Gunpla has become an actual hobby in the US and not just a bunch of kids buying one crappy 90's kit at Walmart and never again. I mean, the Gunpla reddit is bigger than the Gundam reddit if that means anything.

It's not a huge number but it's profit coming in that they didn't have before.
>>
>>15769933
>most of UC Gundams aren't well regard because their blurays don't sell like hotcakes.
But the blurays are selling well. The Turn A DVDs did well enough that they got the TV series and movie BDs as wekk, GBF was among the top selling titles on rightstuf not just for Gundam but for anime in general
>>
>People actually believing Wing and SEED are not popular outside of /m/
>>
>>15769932
>I hate everything that's new yet shit on people for having 80's nostalgia.

???
>>
>>15769962
This. For fuck's sake. It doesn't matter how much SEED sucks. It's still popular whether any of us like it or not.
>>
>>15769950
Then we'll just have to wait and see if Wing's blu-rays will sell well or not. Personally I'm not betting on your views, you shitty hipster that probably thinks that Zeta and Votoms are good and Gurren Lagann and Code Guess are bad.
>>
>>15769962
In this thread people already pointed out that Wing was one of three anomalies that exceeded expectations when it was brought her in the US the question remains if people still give a shit about it now.

SEED bombed on TV and didn't have more than exceptional sales in the US much like every thing else that was brought here Destiny didn't even air on TV.
>>
>>15769554
Tbh their dub of SEED is the only one of their's I couldn't stand.
>>
>>15769970
>SEED bombed on TV and didn't have more than exceptional sales in the US much like every thing else that was brought here Destiny didn't even air on TV.

It's still one of the Gundam series with the biggest fandom in the West, and that's all I meant when I said popular. Besides, the companies involved in this redub are betting actual money on this. They're the guys who did actual market research on this, because it's their money what's at stake, so their opinion weights a ton more than the opinion of some random anon like you or me. How much are you willing to bet against them?
>>
>>15769931
I like when Xavier joins Zaku and dishes out info on stuff in the works.
>>
>>15769967
BAIT
A
I
T
>>
File: 9ca.jpg (720KB, 1280x1656px) Image search: [Google]
9ca.jpg
720KB, 1280x1656px
>>15769554
>>15769979
Other than Rau's voice it wasn't anything to gawk about. I did like that they dubbed the songs and hired a singer to double for Lacus which most dubs nowadays don't even bother to do but a lot of the voices were grating and you just couldn't take Matt Hill's or Samuel Vincent's performances seriously without thinking about Ed and Double D
>>
>>15769963
But I don't hate everything new.
>>
File: 878.jpg (50KB, 704x540px) Image search: [Google]
878.jpg
50KB, 704x540px
>>15769988
>you just couldn't take Matt Hill's or Samuel Vincent's performances seriously without thinking about Ed and Double D

I actually didn't find that until after the show had finished both its SEED + Destiny run. No, who I thought of was this little shit.
>>
>>15769981
>It's still one of the Gundam series with the biggest fandom in the West,
Not really.
>stuff
Literally the only reason why its getting redub is because this is the HD Remaster and you can't mixed the audio of the old remaster in because it wouldn't fit and the fact that there's new dialogue in between select episodes as well. The fact that they didn't even try to redub it with the old cast and opted to just use their regulars playing the exact same roles from the IBO dub says how much they're "banking" on this. When FMA Brotherhood and Inuyasha Final Act were coming to the states both Funi and Viz tried to get as much of the old cast back into their roles as possible while NYAV didn't even bother.
>>
>>15770000
>Not really.
Yes, really.
>stuff
Doesn't change the fact that no one forced them to make an English dubbed version of the remaster. If they're doing anything at all, it's because they believe they will get something out of it.

Anyway, the fact that you believe that SEED isn't popular outside of the mecha fandom invalidates your opinion instantly.
>>
>>15769981
These are the same chuckle fucks that didn't even bother to redub GBF and packaged the shitty ass Philippine dub for the release and to add insult to injury GBF was the highest selling Gundam title that year. SEED is only getting a redub because its the HD Remaster and they're just sticking their regulars in it for a quick job because of its SEED.
>>
>new dub
>not ocean group
pass.
>>
>>15770014
Sub only anime sells poorly so you have to dub anything aimed at anything bigger than the hardcore moe audience for some retarded fuck reason
>>
>>15770014
>Yes, really.
Ignorance is bliss
>Doesn't change the fact that no one forced them to make an English dubbed version of the remaster
It wouldn't make sense to make a sub only release of a show that was already dubbed, once again it done for the sake of consistency not marketability if they were aiming for nostagia bucks they would have gotten the old cast back to redub it especially most of them are still active judging from MLB and the recently dubbed World Trigger and Gintama' they just didn't bother because it would be extra work not because they believe they'll get something out of it it.

>Anyway, the fact that you believe that SEED isn't popular outside of the mecha fandom invalidates your opinion instantly.
Its not. At all. I mean the very fact that it bombed on Toonami and sold about the same as every other Gundam title released here barring Wing, Unicorn and GBF is enough proof than your bullshit.
>>
File: Dumpster Fire.jpg (10KB, 190x265px) Image search: [Google]
Dumpster Fire.jpg
10KB, 190x265px
>>15769536
>>Seed getting a redub as well as an HD remaster
>>
File: 50660227_p4.png (242KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
50660227_p4.png
242KB, 500x522px
>>15770028
>recently dubbed World Trigger
wait they actually dubbed that? i thought that was in limbo for a couple years now, i know there was a trailer but that was it
>>
>>15770027
>Sub only anime sells poorly
No they don't You're more likely to break even with a sub only release than if you include a dub because its not as expensive to produce. Hell most of the Gundam releases last year were sub only releases and they all sold well. You 'll only produce a dub if the show had a chance to get on TV or if there's a demand for it in teh case with the SEED Remaster they literally had no choice but to redub, Re:0096 was also redubbed for the same reason.
>>
>>15769988

Not here, I couldn't take them seriously because I couldn't take SEED seriously.

I thought Cosmic Era was popular in Canada because it aired (a lot) on their networks.
>>
File: wing- micky.jpg (122KB, 500x609px) Image search: [Google]
wing- micky.jpg
122KB, 500x609px
>seed get new dub
>not ocean group
do i have to worry about the bluray release of Wing? cause i love the cheesy dub of Wing.

also does this mean destiny will get a new dub as well? while I don't have a strong attachment to the seed/destiny dubs i might get destiny hd.
>>
>>15770046
>do i have to worry about the bluray release of Wing?
If NYAV wants to commit sudoku no. As poorly as that dub for Wing has aged it still has some nostalgic value and there would be huge backlash if they redub with a new cast instead of bringing back the old ones.
>>
>>15770041
do you not understand like, how to count? Dubbed disks always sell better, but for really niche shit the predicted sales improvement isn't worth the cost. Anything that was ever shown on TV in America is not that niche.
>>
>>15770052
>sudoku
you mean seppuku but i agree. it'd be stupid to redub wing without most/all the original ocean group cast.
>>
>>15770055
>Dubbed disks always sell better
People still believe this meme?
>>
>>15770039
Aired on some US network called Primo TV iirc.

>>15770045
>I thought Cosmic Era was popular in Canada because it aired (a lot) on their networks.

1 but it might as well have been a basic cable channel.

And SEED had 4 and half runs and Destiny had 1 and a half before YTV screwed over the block it was on.
>>
>>15770055
You're a fucking idiot. Dubs don't marginally make a difference to whether a product sells or not they're only for marketing purposes in case a TV deal is struck and there's been more Dubbed releases that bombed versus Sub Only releases. The best example was Card Captor Sakura where the Sub only releases outside the ones with the dub included despite the fact that it aired on TV.
>>
>>15770064
Cardcaptors isn't even the same show as CCS you absolute fucking retard.

>they're only for marketing purposes in case a TV deal is struck
Yeah I can't fucking wait for when Cartoon Network broadcasts Highschool DxD on American television, that's totally going to happen any day now.

How can anyone be this monumentally, willfully, utterly, immensely fucking stupid
>>
Let's see what google has to say about the popularity of the (arguably) top 5 mainstream Gundam series in the USA, based on searches over the past year.

https://trends.google.co.in/trends/explore?geo=US&q=gundam%20seed,gundam%2000,gundam%20wing,iron%20blooded%20orphans,gundam%20unicorn

I toyed around with the titles of the series (specially IBO) in order to get the most relevant results.

Taking into account averages, the order would be:

1. Wing
2. IBO
3. Unicorn
4. SEED
5. 00

Based on the level of popularity I see for 00 around the internet, I'd say it's safe to assume that any of these series is quite popular among people that are into anime. They're nowhere near DBZ, One Piece and stuff like that, but they certainly have a considerable fandom.
>>
Is this because of some licensing issue? I can't understand why the fuck you would bother to spend money on making a new dub unless the existing dub is exceptionally bad.
>>
>>15770045
Allot of Leafs I've talked to have said it's bigger up there.
>>
>>15769536
>we're getting a Seed redub whereas Turn A still hasn't been dubbed

Alright
>>
>>15770033
The HD Remaster is like six years old bro
>>
>>15769988
Even Rau's voice wasn't that great.
>>
>>15770107
it was great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Awfq95GSSo
>>
Matt Hill actually lives in LA now, so there's a slight chance he might come back.

>>15770046
No, this is only getting redubbed because (presumably, I haven't seen it) the old dub doesn't match up to the HD Remaster footage. Funi did the same thing with Escaflowne.
>>
>>15770105
Why would you want to dub perfection?!
>>
>>15770122
Wasn't the Japanese audio the same as the original though? I would assume Sunrise would still have the Master Dub Audio which they could make work. iirc, OZC was doing it last year with the HD Remaster.
>>
>>15770056
You sound like a nice person, so I'll enlighten you. It's a widespread joke to change "seppuku" for "sudoku." You should try it too, it's quite fun.
>>
>>15770122
>Matt Hill actually lives in LA now, so there's a slight chance he might come back.
that would be funny. everyone is the same but kira.

or mat plays someone else. athrun maybe? iirc does Trevor devall (mu's va) live in LA as well? cause he was in ffvx as one of the villains.
>>
>>15770134
i figured it was a joke but just in case anon. there are dumb people out there who might actually think its the same thing.
>>
>>15770130
>I would assume Sunrise would still have the Master Dub
kek
>>
>>15770079
>Cardcaptors isn't even the same show as CCS you absolute fucking retard.
...they are dumbass. Geneon released it under Cardcaptors in the US.

>>15770079
>Yeah I can't fucking wait for when Cartoon Network broadcasts Highschool DxD on American television, that's totally going to happen any day now.
....DxD aired on The Anime Network
>>
>>15770111
No not really.
>>
>dumbfuck MAHQ spics act like this is a good thing & that its no big deal that undubbed UC shows remain
Nuke everything south of the border
>>
>>15770161
Kill yourself
>>
>>15770170
No, you kill me.
>>
>>15770079
Shut the fuck up
If you don't fuckall about anime then why are you posting
>>
File: 1500834714476.jpg (142KB, 408x702px) Image search: [Google]
1500834714476.jpg
142KB, 408x702px
>>15770081
>google trends
>>
File: 1324621177001.jpg (49KB, 374x430px) Image search: [Google]
1324621177001.jpg
49KB, 374x430px
>>15770176
>>If you don't fuckall about anime then why are you posting
>>
File: 1435500266614.jpg (58KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1435500266614.jpg
58KB, 480x480px
>>15769536

>Californian dub

Oh great. Here comes Keith Silverstein as Rau le Creuset ruining one of the only good things about the original.
>>
File: Rau_Le_Creuset_&_Providence.jpg (162KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rau_Le_Creuset_&_Providence.jpg
162KB, 800x600px
>>15770111

Dub Rau is so hammy but pretty fun after a while.

Mark Oliver, who played in the dub, mentioned in some podcast he was asked to research one or two of Hitler's speeches to get the ranting and pacing down right.
>>
>SEED gets redubbed before ZZ, Victory, X, Turn A, Age, Build Fighters, and G-Reco get a single dub
>>
>>15770217
As it should be.
>>
File: 1368301228678.jpg (94KB, 1920x812px) Image search: [Google]
1368301228678.jpg
94KB, 1920x812px
>>15770217

>Now remembering how hyped you were for the Turn A DVD announcement
>>
So will new releases of Seed on DVD/Bluray have both dubs or just the newer one? If not, I guess torrents could just have both.
>>
>>15770235

Not a choice I would have made, but I'm not motivated by sales but by quality.

>>15770238
Never, ever. Stop getting hyped, you only set yourself up for disappointment.
>>
>>15770238
>Turn A DVD announced
>They're gonna dub it with Loran's DWG VA and Gym McNeil
>Sub-only
>Cancelled

So disappointing.
>>
>>15770243
The old dub doesn't sync with the HD Remaster. That's most of the reason why they're making a new one.

(The unspoken reason is the old dub isn't especially good)
>>
File: 1499532608585.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499532608585.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
>>15770258
>The unspoken reason is the old dub isn't especially good
>GBF release is packaged with the Philippine dub
>Zeta Gundam released is packaged with the Blue Water dub

Beside the point the true reason why they're redubbing it is that the HD Remaster is the definitive version of SEED now hence why Sunrise is pushing it and why Gundam info only has the subbed HD Remaster now and Bandai's streaming service only has the HD Remaster. It really just makes sense to redub it.
>>
>>15770271
True, but I kind of mean it in the sense that it's not considered so good that it's worth the effort to fix it for the sync and pull together whatever VAs it used to fill in the gaps for the parts that need to be newly voiced, when they just can give it a complete do-over

And yeah, it's something that needs to exist one way or the other, for both streaming and to get the BDs out there. Too big to release that one sub only.
>>
>>15770111
Looking back, I think Rau was the only reason I really liked Seed
>>
>>15770189
Dont *know* fuckall, is the obvious omision
Are you ESL?
>>
>>15770309
The fuck is ESL?
>>15770106
I know thats why I'm still referring to it as a dumpster fire.
>>
>>15770353
>The fuck is ESL?

The aliens from 00.
>>
>>15770406
Oh that's why I didn't know what the fuck that stupid shit was talking about, I've never watched 00.
>>
>>15770410
lmao

He meant "English Second Language"
>>
>>15770424
Fuck man, if you're gonna insult someone be up front about it and not use confusing as bullshit acronyms.

>>Hurr De Durr I'm gonna use a stupid slang term that not a single dipshit uses just to fuck with this guy because I'm imaginatively bankrupt enough to not properly think of a good insult.
>>
>>15770271
>>GBF release is packaged with the Philippine dub
Yeah if you want to talk about bad dubs, look no further than that. It makes the 0079 movie dubs look like masterpieces.
>>
>>15769577
>Kira is Inaho
>Lacus is Mineva
KEK
>>
>>15770630
I'm having a headache.
>>
>>15770451
That guy may well be imaginitively bankrupt, but ESL is certainly not a slang term. It's quite commonly used in things like course descriptions.
>>
Didn't OZC lined up the old dub with the HD remasters?
>>
File: Star Saber dun goofed.jpg (32KB, 425x326px) Image search: [Google]
Star Saber dun goofed.jpg
32KB, 425x326px
>>15770669
Well jokes on you, I don't take any courses that require me to know what ESL is.
>>
File: 1497609493875.png (628KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1497609493875.png
628KB, 720x540px
>>15770690
Yeah and it was shit and had some lines completely muted or out of sync but then again
>OZC
Why would you use them to begin with?
>>
File: ep4cut71.jpg (44KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
ep4cut71.jpg
44KB, 800x450px
>>15770699
....you still exist?
>>
>>15770690
They did. It's a pain in the ass to do but it is possible. Sunrise would probably have the master files + SFX so rearranging things would be possible, albeit a pain in the as, but its definitely possible.

They probably thought a full redub would be cheaper though I guess (even if its really not.) The part that bothers me is they probably won't bother re-releasing the original at all, so you'll get this new dub but not the original.

Shit's Escaflowne all over again and unlike Escaflowne, I don't think the back lash is going to be nearly as big for them to justify re-releasing the original.
>>
File: SeedEyecatch.webm (2MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SeedEyecatch.webm
2MB, 1024x576px
>>15770700
But I don't.
>>
File: Jontron What.jpg (39KB, 480x750px) Image search: [Google]
Jontron What.jpg
39KB, 480x750px
>>15770707
No, I'm merely a hallucination of your past transgressions taken form to punish your in a karmic justice type of irony.
>>
File: Fllay's Mad.png (421KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Fllay's Mad.png
421KB, 800x450px
>>15770720
you all left me here. I'm the only one that remains.
>>
File: Here we go.gif (2MB, 380x319px) Image search: [Google]
Here we go.gif
2MB, 380x319px
>>15770723
You act like I'm some form of importance~.
>>
File: Chaika_Fllay.png (76KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
Chaika_Fllay.png
76KB, 195x195px
>>15770734
well no. Don't mind my ramblings.
>>
>>15770710
>I don't think the back lash is going to be nearly as big for them to justify re-releasing the original.
There was backlash? I don't think there's anyone that liked that original dub. SEED you're right I don't think there's enough people that give a shit about the dub for there to actually be backlash since so far the reaction has mostly been "why?" about the only person who will be missed is Mark Oliver. I'm pretty lukewarm about NYAV post at this post since their dubs are the very definition of bland and safe they just seem to deteriorate after Unicorn.
>>
File: Get it don't get it.jpg (18KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
Get it don't get it.jpg
18KB, 236x354px
>>15770736
>>
What voice would be good for Rau or Shinn?
>>
>>15770770
>Rau
They're just going to give it to Keith Silverman again

>Shinn
Bryce Papenbrook
>>
>>15770774
Nah. Papenbrook's going to get Amuro and we all fucking know it.
>>
>>15770770
>>15770774
I don't know English dub VAs that well, but Shinn should be someone good at yelling, at the very least.
>>
>>15769536
No cast of english VAs post-2000s will be able to deliver a dub like SEED's.
Say what you will about the show but the English dub tried.
In the sea of horrible early 2000s dubbing SEED was one of the few dubs that wasn't only decent, but actually had a few stellar performances.

get ready to hear Austin Tindle as Athrun and greg Ayers as Kira
>>
>>15769627
>post tfw a Ghost Stories tierdub of Gundam SEED is within reach
>>
>>15770782
>amuro will never be Brad Swaile again
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeFsA7BbKnw
>>
>>15770791
>but Shinn should be someone good at yelling, at the very least.
Well Byrce played Eren in the Attack on Titan dub
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWxqQ9FrRYM
>>
>>15770805
That's actually a pretty good match, but typecasting feels kinda lazy
>>
>>15770796
>In the sea of horrible early 2000s dubbing SEED was one of the few dubs that wasn't only decent, but actually had a few stellar performances.
It wasn't that good. Like a previous anon said points for them for dubbing the songs and getting a singer for Lacus which no dubs do nowadays but it doesn't hold up performance wise like say 0079 or fuck even G Gundam does.
>>
I unno, I'm just use'ta Ed and Edd being the VA's for Athrun and Kira,,. And I don't want that to change because they did a really fucking awesome job.
>>
>>15770804
He's actually a fan of the series as a whole and loved working on it (according to AN panel from a couple years ago) so I can't imagine how bad he's feeling about this.
>>
>>15770128
Subtitles are fine usually, but I like to focus on the animation when I watch my nip shows. Turn A has constant chatter even during the fights so it's more like reading a book than watching an animoo
>>
>>15770796
>get ready to hear Austin Tindle as Athrun and greg Ayers as Kira

There's already a partial cast list out

Max Mittelman as Kira
Chris Hackney as Athrun
Stephanie Sheh as Lacus
Sandy Fox as Haro
Cherami Leigh as Cagalli
Erica Mendez as Flay
Lucien Dodge as Sai
Cassandra Morris as Miriallia
Colin DePaula as Tolle
Eddy Lee as Kuzzey
Daman Mills as Yzak
Johnny Yong Bosch as Dearka
Casey Mongillo as Nicol
>>
>>15770820
>All literal whos outside Stephanie"Type-cast" Sheh and JYB who's in everything.

Man did Union really suck up all the good VAs?
>>
File: 1434065613618.jpg (39KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1434065613618.jpg
39KB, 704x396px
>>15770820
>JYB that far down in the cast list
Surprising. He's not a bad fit for Dearka either.
>>
>>15770825
>>Johnny Young Bosch
Fucking nooooooo~. I'm so tired of JYB being in fucking everything god damn... Can we get someone else other than him jesus fuck.
>>
>>15770820
>Bosch as Dearka (after Orga)
>Mittelman as Kira
>Leigh as Cagalli
>Sheh as Lacus

Oh boy; who's ready for miscast and typecast central?
>>
>>15770820
>Johnny Yong Bosch as Dearka
After Orga they're just gonna start giving him brown characters.
Can't wait to see him voice ramba ral in the 0079 redub
>>
>>15770829
He's not apart of the main cast so who gives a shit
>>
>>15770833
I give a shit, because he's in fucking every god damned thing. And I'm tired of hearing him every god damned thing.
>>
File: carlos.jpg (8KB, 274x200px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.jpg
8KB, 274x200px
>>15769536
This just goes to show that can't escape destiny.
>>
>>15770849
Fuck off Carlos
>>
File: 1498890751367m.jpg (65KB, 913x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498890751367m.jpg
65KB, 913x1024px
>yfw this actually sells and Bandai makes the seed movie
I wouldn't put it past them considering all the other reboots coming out, there's also the fact that seed is basically their FFVII
>>
File: Cry a lot.png (112KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Cry a lot.png
112KB, 500x270px
>>15770867
>>Gundam Seed is the equivalent to FFVII
>>
>>15770867
I would buy the dub just for this
>>
>>15770451
Youre pretending to be retarded on purpose, right tripscum?
Please say yes
>>
As a SEEDfag, I'm happy about that.
But I thought the original dub they did was alright, but it could be interesting with the route they go with this version.
>>
File: Greeed Laugh.gif (482KB, 210x174px) Image search: [Google]
Greeed Laugh.gif
482KB, 210x174px
>>15770999
>>Youre pretending to be retarded on purpose, right tripscum?

Man, it don't matter what I answer bro. You already think that anyway~.
>>
Im gonna miss surfer kira. He was funny. Also why is everyone getting replaced? Brad swaile was perfect as Amuro.
>>
>>15771068
>Also why is everyone getting replaced?
I get the feeling Sunrise only wants to hire one group/talent pool. Also, Canadian talent used to be a lot cheaper due to the exchange rate, which got all kinds of fucked up in the late 00's.
>>
>>15770817
>>15770128
>>15770105
Literally the one thing I hate about the original Turn A cast is Loran's voice. He's one of the oldest Gundam MCs yet sounds like the absolute youngest, and worst of all the delivery sounds a lot less natural than the surrounding cast members.
>>
>>15771150

I'd rather have Loran than Garrod's voice. Garrod is 15 or so, but sounds like he's in his early 30s.
>>
>>15771150
I know I'd get crucified for this in some circles, but Romi Park isn't that great of an actress especially that early on in her career.
>>
>>15771098
If anything, exhange rates are in the favour of everybody else right now considering how garbage the CAD is.

Makes me wonder if there's bad blood somewhere.
>>
Interesting.

This confirms that the audio stems for the English dub weren't archived.

Im looking forward to this. The old dub was a dumpster fire. Lacus and Cagalli were especially terrible.

Better voice direction alone will make a huge difference.
>>
>>15771259
Have you seen the IBO dub?
>>
>>15771288
Never.

But I have to believe this new dub will be better than the terrible mediocre original dub.
>>
>>15771222
For what its worth there isn't much anime dubbed in Canada anymore. The Bushiroad shows are the main ones that come to mind and if you look up those cast lists most of the people are shared between Vanguard and Buddyfight. Hell they never got to dub Dragon Ball Kai like they wanted to. Also they probably built a good relationship with the NYAV people since Unicorn's dub was released the same time as the Japanese release and according to the folks working on Seed there doing 4 episodes a week.
>>
>>15769988
>Can't take Matt Hill's performance seriously
But that's what made SEED so great.

>>15769996
This too.
>>
>The Guy who did Inaho bags a role as Kira.
Am I dreaming or did we give birth to SuperJesus?
>>
>>15771150
Loran isn't even that old. Only a year goes by between when he lands and when the story starts.

Hell, the coming of age ceremony is 14-15 right?

Almost every UC protag is older.
>>
>>15771470
He's 17. SEVENTEEN.

What kind of seventeen year old sounds like that? Do you balls need to be weighed down by gravity?

He's the same age as Kamille; and one year older than Amuro or Bellri from their first appearances.
>>
And actual Lacus that sounds like a teenage singer instead of a nasal 30 year old will be a big Improvement.
>>
>>15770122
New scenes in the HD Remaster, so the dub doesn't fit.
>>
I'm actually glad to hear this.

The ocean dub was from a time where ocean really wasn't trying too hard and reusing the same actors constantly. It was getting to the point where you could play games with who was going to be cast as certain characters. (Especially with the Gundam dubs)

It was especially bad with actors who use the same voice for everything like Cox. Especially when the it would be multicast in the same production.
>>
>>15769720
No.

These are the worst selling gundam in the u.s. For merchandise. A lot of this is also just biased because there isnt much merchandise available. X for example will always be the poorest selling simply because most of the merchandise got canned with the show and there are few new modern items being released from it.

Zz
Turn a
X
Victory
>>
>>15771511
He's also androgynous as fuck. I don't think his voice is an issue all things considered.
>>
>>15771642
Bandai rep from years back did a rundown of how well every Gundam series did on ANNCast and stated that more or less every Gundam series met Bandai Japan expectations i.e. did okay with the exception of Wing and Unicorn which exceeded them I'm not sure where your data comes from but we now for a fact that all the recent Gundam releases have performed well according to the RightStuf management. Merch is a gray area because there's not that much available for the US to begin with
>>
>>15769536
(((Nyav Post)))
>>
>>15771699
Talking about merchandise sales, not disk sales. i.e. model kits. Big difference. It's not a gray area, because of what has been released in the U.S. officially, they actually do have strong data for what's selling. Almost every damn kit is available on Amazon these days. They have the selling data.

Remember Gundam is unique because its merchandise sales have a larger % share for the brand compared to others.
>>
>>15769552
Only if they retained the original cast. Say what you will about the quality of dubs but Ocean's casting of Gundam was usually perfect.
>>
>>15771511
Did you forget the story required him to pass by a woman?
>>
>>15771779
The question is... do you have the data?
>>
File: Z2.jpg (276KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Z2.jpg
276KB, 800x1200px
>>15769536
Nice artwork for promo.
Anyone knows where to find more in non-potato quality?
>>
>post tfw they include An alternate ending
>>
>>15770833
>He's not apart of the main cast so who gives a shit
And there's SEED's biggest problem. It's not about Athrun and his boyband. Instead it's about Kira and his boring ass personality-free friends.
>>
>>15774137
>People remember Nicol because "HE LOVED TO PLAY THE PIANO"
>People barely remember Tolle, who dies in mirrored circumstances to Nicol
>I had to look up his name on Wikipedia to remember Kuzzy
>>
>>15774137
But Kira and his friends are the best.
>>
File: Destiny Gundam.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny Gundam.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>15772303
>>
>>15774696
What are the two destroyed Gundams in the background? I'm guessing the one on the right is SF, but what about the left?
>>
>>15774737
Strike Rouge
>>
>>15774744
...But Cagalli did literally nothing during the SEED Destiny finale. Unless some poor sap sortied in that thing after it got wrecked while Kira went to pick up the SF.
>>
>>15774765
Probably some symbolism crap IDK ask Fukuda but the MS one the left is really the Strike Rouge. It has the Lion of Orb emblem on the shoulder. The right is probably the original Freedom.
>>
>>15774773
Well, at least it's a cool picture of Destiny Gundam. Thanks anon.
>>
>>15769653
yeah, he was the best part of that dub. Hell he was the best part of the show, and he was suppose to be a fucking psycho.
>>
>>15769536
no one.
>>
>>15770000
...That glorious Quad Feed.....
>>
>>15769536
00 could use a new dub far more than SEED ever could.
Still, if this means they'll eventually release Stargazer over here as well...
>>
>>15770504
>0079 movie dubs
I kind preferred this one honestly. to be fair major nostalgia factor there but it was a cast tha at least "sounded" somewhat multinational like the setting would suggest. Plus none of the cast were dub regulars of the time and i didn't connect any of the dubs cast to other anime i had seen.
>>
>>15770820
I like NYAV Posts work with Gundam stuff, so I don't mind this. However, I do find it funny that they got the guy who played Ein and Io to voice Kira now.
>>
>>15774874
I'm hoping he's got a better VA director now. Io is not nearly as big of an ass as he should be in the dub.
>>
>>15774874
>the guy who played Ein
He was better at attempted angst than the old Kira was. Hell the IBO dub wasn't actually that bad all considering. i'd watch it, if they bothered to finish it.
>>
>>15774860
Can you imagine if this takes off in Japan, renews interest enough, and they expand on Seed by animating, say, Astray. Astray and X-Astray made as one animation......

......i can dream right.....
>>
>>15774891

>>Hell the IBO dub wasn't actually that bad all considering. i'd watch it, if they bothered to finish it.

Let me guess, the ratings for the dub weren't good?
>>
>>15774923
It's unfinished because the S2 dub isn't out yet
>>
>>15774963

And how long will it take for an announcement?
>>
>>15774968
iirc S2 was announced to air on Toonami sometime soon
>>
File: 1373328494940.jpg (1MB, 2192x1565px) Image search: [Google]
1373328494940.jpg
1MB, 2192x1565px
I hope NYAV Post does the dub for Mai Hime Blu-Ray as well since it's been licensed by Funi.

Still waitin for LL Sunshine S2 end while Studio 8 plans more Mai Hime stuff in the works.
>>
>>15771201
IMO, Garrod's voice sounds scrappy and it fits his character.
>>
>>15769536
Latest Gundam TV series has been so bad that CE is being brought back

GG WP Sunrise
>>
>>15771802
I know what you mean. I actually don't mind Kieth Silverstein as Char for no other reason than because his take on it is just a fairly passable rendition of Michael Kopsa, who will always be Char to me.
>>
File: 1468342477165.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468342477165.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>15770720
i see you're still retarded
>>
>>15775002
IBO S2 air in October
>>
>>15775192
I have the My Hime blu-rays, they're already dubbed
>>
>>15770170
You first.
>>
>>15770707
One can say the same of you.
>>
>>15776955
Somehow Funimation will change them due to the dubbing costs in Canada. Funi problem is they are holding BR release due to petty shit.
>>
>>15774737
The one on the right is the Regular Freedom
>>
>>15774686
That's because the show sets Nicol up as a character. It sets up Dearka as a character. It sets up Yzack. None of it is really all that good but effort was put into them.

You know who doesn't get a character arc set up? Whoever the fuck Kuzzy was. I don't even remember which friend that is. Tolle does absolutely nothing until around two episodes before he dies and then you're expected to care. Sai and Miriallia are the only ones with real arcs and Sai's arc is literally "Kira steals my girlfriend because I'm the blandest nice guy ever."
>>
I'm a little irritated because I liked the dub, but I also don't really care because
>SEED

Now if they redub Wing I'll shoot somebody. Nobody replaces Duo and Trowa.
>>
Somehow, SEED is still getting translated doujins.
>>
It's pretty obvious that Seed is getting a new dub because the old one doesn't really fit the HD remaster, and Seed is probably the one with the most mainstream international marketability, regardless of quality. Because of this, they're continuing their relationship with NYAV, who have clearly worked with them much more closely than Ocean or any of the other dubbing studios did.

Also, I never saw Destiny dubbed, but good riddance to the terribly overcompressed dub of Seed.
>>
>>15780403
>It's pretty obvious that Seed is getting a new dub because the old one doesn't really fit the HD remaster
There's already been reports of this being false as people have already synced the old dub audio with the Remaster and outside a few misplaced SFX sequences its practically the same and even if audio quality was an issue it shouldn't cost any effort to re-mux the original sound archives or redub it with the old cast since most of them are still active.

>and Seed is probably the one with the most mainstream international marketability, regardless of quality.
Seed didn't do all that well in the US as stated before it bombed on Toonami and did about as well as everything else in the US barring Wing in terms of home video sales it did better in Canada.

>Because of this, they're continuing their relationship with NYAV, who have clearly worked with them much more closely than Ocean or any of the other dubbing studios did.

No they're just being lazy, there really is no excuse to redub a show with an acceptable dub as it is but refuse to dub new shows like GBF and G-Reco and to add insult to injury package a godawful dub with the former. The fact that the IBO dub and this new redub share the same beats between the two makes this feels like a rush job and I doubt they'll put forth the extra effort and dub Lacus songs like Ocean did.
>>
>>15780428
If there was anything to re-use from the Ocean dub, it'd be the Lacus songs. They're probably the most listenable part of the dub. Besides Rau of course.
>>
>>15780451
I liked Mu.

And Shinn, hilariously enough, if only because he voiced Zeta Amuro at one point. Not as hotblooded as Kenichi's Shinn but he did have that whole attitude down really well.
>>
Better question is why we need dubs.
Anime doesn't air on TV anymore. Most casuals are used to moonspeak (never a problem outside of boom times w/ influx of newfags).
Hardcore fans will buy anything, dub or no dub. But sales might be higher if price drops due to lower production costs.

Convinced that publishers keep doing this because they can keep milking Banrise for more money in the long run.
>>
>>15769820
I dunno. People talk about it like it's a cherished childhood friend. I always say that it saved me from shitty American xenophobia by having an international cast that were actual characters and not just national stereotypes like on every other cartoon at the time. Wing is more than nostalgia, it IS Gundam to a lot of people. 00 is well-liked here because it did a lot of the same things Wing did. Compare to SEED and AGE, the closest UC analogues, which are generally loathed.
>>
>>15780510
>People talk about it like it's a cherished childhood friend.
Really? Negating the fact that it doesn't get brought up as nearly as other Toonami stables in fact G Gundam might have overcame it entirely but every single Gundam list has done nothing but spell out to people that Wing is not good and this is just going through ANN. At the point where the franchise is now you have to be the casual of the most casual to think that Gundam only means Wing at this point given how the franchise is in a safe bubble thanks to streaming.

>00 is well-liked here because it did a lot of the same things Wing did
Fucking horseshit, that was one of the many stupid comments made by idiots who had no idea what they were talking about one of which I will never forget is "SEED did with 0079 what 00 did with Wing" let alone the fact hat 00 wasn't nearly as popular as Wing or as popular as it could have been in the US due to airing on SyFy and being released during the bubble popping for American distributors.
>>
>>15780428
>here's already been reports of this being false as people have already synced the old dub audio with the Remaster

This is false news. Have you listened to the Eng audio track on these? It's very shit. Remember people are going to pay for these. You wouldn't pay for these, you'd want your money back with this type of subpar audio quality that's floating around. It's great for being free though!

No one who buys this is going to want a slop job audio session where the sound effects and music don't match the timing or direction of what's on screen which is exactly what happens with current rips.

There have been several attempts to actually retime everything and chop and cut to do this like OZC, but there are none that are there past several episodes. It requires a god stupid amount of time to match the audio because there are so many scenes they re-drew or pulled from the SEED movies. There's fucking scenes where they changed the direction of where mobile suits fly in from off screen and the fucking sound effect direction doesn't match on the Eng audio.

Ask your self, would you want to sit through Gundam Seed multiple times to get your damn audio correct and in-sync and get paid chump change or would you charge out the ass knowing it's Gundam Seed and it made a ton of money?

Sunrise has done the financial calculation, it's going to be cheaper to contract a new dub especially with a sound studio that they already have contract with.
>>
>>15780428
UR SRSLY DUMB
>>
File: sandy.png (270KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
sandy.png
270KB, 500x331px
>>15780692
>UR SRSLY
>>
>>15780675
>Ask your self, would you want to sit through Gundam Seed multiple times to get your damn audio correct and in-sync and get paid chump change or would you charge out the ass knowing it's Gundam Seed and it made a ton of money?
I Wouldn't want to watch SEED again period let alone pay money for it
>>
>>15780675
They could though. That's the thing. Sunrise would most likely have the master audio for the English dub that was produced. The only thing that makes it hard to just transplant the original onto it is the new scenes and rearranged scenes. Anyone with a good hand for video manipulation could make it work actually. I've tried doing it with my Japanese copies of the remaster and I made it work for the most part. The only exceptions being some of the SFX didn't match up completely but I also didn't have the raw audio files that Sunrise would most likely have.

They are very few actually new lines in it. They cut the recaps, add the Perfect Strike in the Battle of Orb but nothing else is really brand new. This isn't like the Escaflowne situation (which ended up being really goddamn minor, considering the scenes that weren't dubbed totalled up to like 10 or so minutes.) Considering fans have already matched the English dub to the HD Remaster too, I don't see why a company who would most likely have access to the original dub files would need to redub it, unless they've lost access to the files or sound FX files (which is unlikely considering SEED uses the exact same SFX that Sunrise used for a ton of shows.)

At the very least, they could include the original dub for people who want it because the HD Remasters are kind of garbage anyway and not a worth a completely new dub, especially considering how awful SEED did in the USA and yet it did absurdly well in Canada, who's probably going to get burned by this anyway.
>>
>>15780675
>you'd want your money back with this type of subpar audio quality that's floating around.
You do realize that all the English BD releases all come with the same shitty 5.1 DVD audio quality from the Ocean Group/Blue Water dubs for 0079 Zeta and CCA right? You do realize this is going to be the case for Wing and G when they get released right?
>>
>>15780765
The problem with Ocean and Blue Water dubs seem to be a total lack of master audio recordings. They're basically stuck using whatever audio files they can pull from old releases.

>>15780756
SEED is incredibly loved by South East Asian audiences (I have a friend with a few Malaysian friends that I've talked to about Gundam a lot and they fucking love SEED like you wouldn't believe) and honestly if they didn't get SEED Remastered I could see this dub being kind of like the recent DB Super dub and the Avengers Disc Wars dub. Something made for other markets but recorded in the US.
>>
>>15780428
That's hardly true. As >>15780675 says, people have tried, and failed, to properly sync the remaster to the dub. There are simply too many little details here and there that make this impossible without having the dialogue stems.

Also when I said international audience, I was referring mainly to SE Asia, where Seed is pretty huge still. Them having a Sunrise-controlled dub allows them to reconfigure it as desired. Remember, their NYAV partnership was at the production level, meaning the audio mixes we're done with consideration for each other, and sold internationally. Because Sunrise co-produced that dub, they already had the necessary audio stems when cutting Unicorn into it's TV version. Prior to that production, they didn't have that kind of involvement. It's debatable how detailed Ocean Studios was about keeping their audio stems, especially as years went on. Sure, Sunrise probably has digibeta copies of the dubs that are essentially lossless (and in theory, should sound a little better on BD), but these are finished mixes. Even with shows that haven't changed their scenes, I can tell you first hand that a simple remux will not ensure perfect sync. This only happens on movies (and even then, not always) due to their strict editing standards.
>>
>>15781543
see
>>15780756
I've done it myself and its not an impossible task to sync the two audios even with the standard DVD mux together the big issue stems from Sunrise switching the SFXs and music placement which doesn't align with the original version and the new dialogue recordings which are minimal at best and just involves calling a few of the original actors. This is just an effort that Sunrise doesn't want to put forth because we're getting the Remaster six years later and there isn't a significant attachment to the SEED dub

I'm just going to agree in that this a purely a decision based on branding than any sense of loyalty given how hands on Sunrise is with dub production now and that they want to push their dub as the definitive version much like they're pushing the Remaster as the definitive version of SEED to watch. Its still fucking bullshit that they haven't even touched the prospects of dubbing the rest of the franchise circa 2015.
>>
>>15781543
>It's debatable how detailed Ocean Studios was about keeping their audio stems, especially as years went on.
Considering that the recently release 0079, Zeta, and CCA BDs have the same dubs as they did before its probably not an issue and they didn't announce new dubs for Wing or G at the panel so its safe to assume they'll be the same as well but it makes me wonder what are they going to do with 00 since that's an Ocean Group dub and its been long out of print in the US.
>>
The SEED dub would be significantly improved if the soundtrack was replaced by Ed Edd n Eddy's. Discuss.
>>
>>15781602
>Remaster
>definitive version
Good joke mate, the original DVD versions are the best versions.
>>
>>15780756
No one is saying it can't be done, it's not reasonable to do it and do it within the time frame they want. Sunrise has this amazing contract with NYAV post right now for the Origin grandfathered in from Gundam Unicorn, and that same audio is used on all releases, not just the U.S. release. Clearly, they're wanting to use this audio also to put this version out in other international market releases as well outside the U.S.
>>
>>15781763
Sunrise has systematically replaced the original version of SEED with the remaster versions on their streaming services and its the only version that airs on TV anymore. They are definitely pushing it as the only version to watch since the original was a fucking mess production wise.
>>
>>15781911
I don't know why. Seed remastered is easily worse than the original. The remaster has so many jarring cuts in between and very questionable changes from the original such as Nicol's death being an accident.
>>
>>15770137
> iirc does Trevor devall (mu's va) live in LA as well?
He does, but I think he's focusing more on Pre-lay work like the GOTG cartoon more than he does anime these days.

I mean it would be amusing, but I don't know how often NYAV Post hires union-based actors.
>>
>>15782034
They're both fucking shit but that's how Sunrise sees it.
>>
>>15782034
Nicols death was always supposed to be an accident according to the audio commentary. Fukuda is basicaly george lucas
>>
>>15781622
Zeta and G are Blue Water Studios not Ocean. Also having the audio files =/= having the master files. They can easily pull the regular audio from DVD releases if need be. SEED's dub couldn't be used for Remastered because the clean voices aren't available to NYAV so the changed sound effect timing and music ques are fucked. They mention that at the panel. The original Ocean masters were lost so they couldn't do a resync and dub the materials that were missing.
>>
File: 03acb3f91c0a9225c17aac10ede5c0e.jpg (626KB, 1350x1800px) Image search: [Google]
03acb3f91c0a9225c17aac10ede5c0e.jpg
626KB, 1350x1800px
Ocean Groups 00 dub was total garbage outside of Ribbons' voice, so I wonder why they chose SEED instead of the 00.

Then again, they're probably prepping 00 for some HD Remaster stuff I'd hope.
>>
>>15782705
>Zeta and G are Blue Water Studios not Ocean
They're literally the same fucking studio, the only difference is that Ocean Group does dubbing work in British Columbia while Blue Water does it in Calgary

>The original Ocean masters were lost so they couldn't do a resync and dub the materials that were missing.
Yeah horseshit. How the fuck do they have the master files for all their other dubs but SEED and SEED Destiny are suddenly "lost" when its more recent? Their refusal to get back the original actors to redub just adds on top of it that this was all an excuse to get an official new dub approved from Sunrise for cheap.
>>
>>15782705
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ocean_Productions

Also the part about "missing the master files" doesn't make any sense since 0079, Zeta, CCA were all released with English audio and Wing and G will also have their respective audio so does that mean that Ocean just miraculously lost over 100 episodes of material from SEED but retained everything else? Is 00 also going to get a redub?
>>15782732
Ribbons voice was the worst because they didn't go for the obvious joke of having Swalie voice him. Overall the dub suffers from a lot of miscasting but its far from bad especially in comparison to the bulk of their work.
>>
>>15782882
>>15782867
Do you really not understand the difference between an audio stem and a final mix? The BDs you're talking about use the exact same mix as the DVD releases, but likely grabbed from a digibeta tape copy instead. Whether or not they've been properly adjusted to fit those shows is another story. The reason those shows CAN be adjusted, however, is because there are no changes between their original and HD versions, other than minor differences in the commercial break length. This is why I was able to cut the dubs to the remasters for various shows.

This is NOT the same as having audio stems however.

With proper audio stems, they could shift the dialogue tracks as needed, or completely substitute the music and SFX beds beneath them. This simply isn't possible with a final mix. Sunrise does in fact have the Ocean dub, as proven by their Youtube showing of the DVD version of Seed ages ago, but as mentioned earlier, they've been systematically replacing that version with the HD Remaster for a while now.
>>
File: 597.jpg (88KB, 480x260px) Image search: [Google]
597.jpg
88KB, 480x260px
>>15783075
>The reason those shows CAN be adjusted, however, is because there are no changes between their original and HD versions
The mixing for the Bluray version of 0079 is completely different from the DVD version. Any audiophile can tell you that the muxing or the dub uses the same 5.1 audio from the DVD for domestic release. Unicorn, Origin and Thunderbolt are the only examples in which the sound quality between the dub and the original audio are the same because the dub was produced simultaneously. They've been doing this bullshit in the US for years back when they were releasing shit under Bandai Entertainment so why is it suddenly a problem with SEED which would just need a few touches to make it fit? Its just bullshit that they used to justify redubbing when it makes no sense.
>>
>>15783128
I was under the impression that any First Gundam audio other than the original monos were completely redone from scratch, sometimes with different sound effects
>>
File: 1404414474769.jpg (163KB, 674x718px) Image search: [Google]
1404414474769.jpg
163KB, 674x718px
>>15782589
The original scene was actually pretty good too. The implication that Kira swung on reflex gave some weight to the cut of him losing it in his cockpit after. The Strike awkwardly backing up so that the Blitz can just run into the sword is almost like a bad joke.

>Fukuda is basicaly george lucas
Given that he's a Star Wars fanboy this is a pretty apt comparison.
>>
The real question is when are we going to get a new dub for DESTINY? The BEST Gundam series.
>>
>>15782589
>>15783207

That is so fucking dumb. That destroys the tension between Athrun and Kira by absolving Kira of all wrongdoing, makes Nicol look like a retard and takes away a pretty cool character progession of Kira starting to become more like a soldier, sort of like with Amuro when he visited his mom.

Fuckuda really is a hack.
>>
File: things I know.png (2MB, 1280x1262px) Image search: [Google]
things I know.png
2MB, 1280x1262px
>>15782589
>Fukuda is basicaly george lucas
It's all coming together, now.
>>
>>
>>15783128
Excuse me? 0079 wasn't even remixed to 5.1, or are you referring to the movies? If you mean to say that the stereo track of the TV series has changed in any way since the 2001 dub, I really need to see evidence of that. I have both the RS BDs for 0079 and at least one of the Bandai Ent DVDs from way back when. I even have half of Bandai Ent's 2012 version, that still uses the same 2001 dub.

If you're referring to a difference in SFX, 0079's TV dub had a completely redone sound effects bed (and even some slight musical changes). The only Gundam dub that Ocean avoided changing anything, ironically enough, was Gundam Wing's. Even Animaze's dubs had "embellishments" in the mixes to make the sound effects bed sound more alive. Zeta Gundam and G-Gundam were also significantly remixed and featured new SFX for the dubs.
>>
>>15774894
I wouldn't mind.

But the bigger thing is that it could also push an Origin-style retelling using SEED:Re, which gives a bit more focus on the ZAFT side and goes into more MS tech porn.

Maybe also get that long-frozen 3rd season or Movie going again.

But what I really want most out of this redub is redone English vocals of Lacus' and Meer's songs (more Lacus' than Meer', just because Jillian Michaels' voice was a little too low/mature for Lacus' age). Preferably with the English version songs themselves as BD specials if they cannot sell them in new SEED OSTs.
>>
>>15782882
Ocean doesnt have any of those. Sunrise/bandai visual took it with them at the time. I'm guessing why they are lost is because of the internal spat between bandai ent and bandai visual.
>>
File: Snapshot 66 (8-15-2017 9-14 PM).png (181KB, 470x340px) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 66 (8-15-2017 9-14 PM).png
181KB, 470x340px
List the things you would do to this Zaku Warrior pilot.
>>
>>15783539
Thats not the remaster
>>
>>15769536
what the fuck
seed dub was ok, RAU was amazing and his voice actor got the character on point
>>
>>15770210
the only real reason to love seed is because of this one character

"You shouldn't blame me! This is mankind's dream, mankind's desire, mankind's destiny! To be the strongest, to go the farthest, to climb the highest!"

To compete, to envy, to hate each other, and to devour one another!"

"But you're too late, Mu. You see... I am the product of all of this, that's how I know!

They thirsted for knowledge! They sought to fulfill their desires! And ultimately, they forgot why they were doing it. Even as they proclaimed their reverence for human life, they began toying with it, and then they began destroying it!
>>
>>15783608
Why torment yourself saying, 'Eventually, someday?' How long have you been fighting with your thoughts clouded by that brand of sweet poison?
>>
>>15783589
Good.
The only thing I know about the remaster is that Seed's looked like SHIT
>>
File: kys.gif (167KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
kys.gif
167KB, 500x244px
>>15774860
>>15774860
>>15774894
>SEEDfags
>>
>>15783676
Liking Stargazer does NOT make you a SEEDfag.
>>
>>15783688
>Liking Stargazer
Disgusting.
>>
>>15784071
>not liking Stargazer
Kill yourself.
>>
>>15784198
That's what you should be doing.
>>
>>15782882
They have final mixes you dumbass. What they lack is the master recordings.
>>
Maybe they'll make more gunpla. I'm not a SEED guy, but the models were fun to make. I liked the Astray stuff, so hopefully they'll do something cool with that to capitalize on the hype of the redub.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.