[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You think one day, Bandai will have the balls to do a Gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1498593045399.png (514KB, 572x421px) Image search: [Google]
1498593045399.png
514KB, 572x421px
You think one day, Bandai will have the balls to do a Gundam series where the main character is evil? He or she will use it purely for nefarious purposes. For once the Gundam truly will be a devil.
>>
>>15768473
IBO ended like 4 months ago
>>
>>15768473
In IBO the main character is a henchman for the "evil" guy and their Gundams are named after devils.
>>
>>15768473
>You think one day, Bandai will have the balls to do a Gundam series where the main character is evil?

Were you oblivious to IBO and its autistic psycopathic murderous main character ?
>>
>>15768517
>>15768494
>>15768490
If Mikazuki was a "psychotic bad guy" then Char and autism bot Kamille sure as hell was as well.
>>
>>15768473
>Who is Flit Asuno?
>>
>>15768490
>>15768517
>>15768494

Members of Tekkadan were misunderstood, not evil. I am talking evil like Dio, Darkseid, or Dr.Hell. Not even trying to be egdy, it is just that every Gundam series MC is either good, misunderstood, or neutral, never one that is evil.
>>
>>15768473
but the federation is evil
>>
>>15768588
No anime ever has a truly evil MC, otherwise the audience couldnt relate to it and the show would flop. For someone to be truly evil you cant hand the audience any reason to like them, otherwise he'll just fall under the category of being misunderstood. But if you do that not a lot will actually bother to watch the show.
>>
>>15768596
M.D. Geist was evil in the long run.
>>
>>15768473
Show me an anime that does that in general with good production values and I might be more inclined to believe Bandai could do it.
>>
>>15768782
Bible black...what? You asked.
>>
>>15768782
SSY, the kantus users win and are the leads.
>>
>>15768596
The only way it could work is if they experience a fall to darkness at the end that affects the audience in a dramatic way. If the protagonist is an asshole from the get-go there's no reason for people to watch an asshole be an asshole. Maybe some people do, but they are a tiny demographic.
>>
>>15768596
>>15769437
>trying to explain the basic elements of drama to a literal 14yo
>>
>>15768473
Did you not see 00?
>>
File: Devil_Gundam.png (194KB, 481x465px) Image search: [Google]
Devil_Gundam.png
194KB, 481x465px
>>15768473
>For once the Gundam truly will be a devil.

Except that already happened.
>>
>>15768600
Geist is the very definition of chaotic neutral. He cares not for good and evil, just fighting.
>>
>>15768596
Death Note. There are more stories with villain protagonists of course but it's a rather hard trope to pull off. Most writers avoid it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.