[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how would we combine these two?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 8

File: DCCaGrOU0AAj8O3.jpg (154KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
DCCaGrOU0AAj8O3.jpg
154KB, 1200x900px
and how about adding gladiator voltron to the mix?
>>
>>15766408
Dairugger transforms into a very elaborate hat that Voltron will wear. Voltron stays exactly the same besides that.
>>
>>15766408
In the Voltron reboots do they ever bother with the Dairugger side of the franchise or is it always GoLion?
>>
>>15767492
Always golion. It's just more popular.
>>
>>15767492
Honestly I wish they'd explore that in the new Voltron series... Like the humans try to reverse engineer Voltron and end up making the vehicle version.
>>
>>15767496
>>15767492

How's that work legal wise anyways
>>
>>15767496
They're doing something where Lotor's making his own Voltron that looks like it's going to end up being an Aquarion homage. He's only got one ship right now, which is still strong enough to beat up on Voltron on its own, but the ship's pretty obviously a pair of legs folded up into a ship.

I think we'll see the Vehicle Voltron-alike if they ever end up going back to Earth.
>>
File: 33381659295_55774386e2.jpg (104KB, 500x327px) Image search: [Google]
33381659295_55774386e2.jpg
104KB, 500x327px
>>15766408
but what about dragon voltron
>>
File: s-l1000.jpg (160KB, 835x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1000.jpg
160KB, 835x1000px
>>15767558
or american lions voltron
>>
WHERE BE GLADIATOR VOLTRON
>>
>>15767504
I unno, I'm just wondering who's got the rights for Dairugger even anyway and does Dreamworks own Voltron or something? If that's the case if they own Voltron wouldn't they own Dairugger too?
>>
File: No just no.jpg (21KB, 456x297px) Image search: [Google]
No just no.jpg
21KB, 456x297px
>>15767560
>>Stealth Voltron
>>
>>15767496
Like they did in the comic?
>>
>>15767599
I never read the comic bro.
>>
>>15766408
one of them is shit, so don't bother.
>>
File: armored-fleet-dairugger-xv.png (496KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
armored-fleet-dairugger-xv.png
496KB, 720x540px
>>15767546
Or, since the alternate universe plot has introduced, they could show a universe where it's the humans who found the comet and build their (Vehicle) Voltron with it.
>>
>>15767716

it's a pretty easy in for all three voltrons but with how few episodes we get I feel like wasting time on cameos and such is counter productive.

Even as it stands regular Voltron has made pretty sparse appearances in the new Voltron show and while I certainly love it when individual combiners are given time to shine there's an opposite extreme
>>
>>15767804
>but with how few episodes we get I feel like wasting time on cameos and such is counter productive.

This really. It would be cool, but like you said, even Lion voltron cant get enough screen time.
>>
File: gosei-hd-hypergreat.jpg (39KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
gosei-hd-hypergreat.jpg
39KB, 300x400px
>>15768183
feels IBO-ish sometimes (lack of mecha scenes) though what is the opinion about the lion scenes themselves?

they kinda build the whole "beast and rider are one" but it leads to less voltron itself.

reaction if someone makes a combined voltron using this template?
>>
>>15766408
Dairugger's legs (minus the feet) shorten and Golion stands on them. The car-feet attach to the sides of the legs for stability.

Dairugger's lower arms move onto its shoulders as armor. Golion's arms shorten and attach in their place.

Attach Dairugger's chestplate and helmet to Golion, with some parts flipping out to reveal the crest/face underneath.

Dairugger's torso is left over, and becomes a bazooka weapon.
>>
>>15768217
I'm one of the ten people who actually like Hyper Gosei Great, so I'd be down for it.
>>
>>15767558
I actually like that thing. It's like the only neat idea that the 3D show had.
>>
File: voltron-legendary-defender.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
voltron-legendary-defender.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>15767546
I was hoping for Zarkon to make some black drone ships that combine with the Black Lion and turn its lights purple.

Keep the silhouette as different as possible - maybe both arms are formed by one ship, and the legs have bulky kibble sticking out the sides. The cover over Voltron's face stays closed, but a mask snaps into place on top of it.
>>
>>15767504
WEP bought out the rights to both Dairugger and Golion full stop
>>
>>15773108

the new wings really bug the shit out of me
>>
>>15767492
Chip (Yasuo Mutsu) from Vehicle Voltron/Dairugger is Pidge's brother. This comes up in the 2011 reboot, and various comics. Pidge has a new brother, Matt, in the current reboot but I'm gonna assume that since they gave Pidge a real name in that show, Matt will end up with the nickname Chip eventually or a reference to it.
>>
>>15766408
I love how dairugger's car feet imply a certain size, but it's supposedly 60 meters or some other massive size which would necessitate cars larger than a house.
>>
>>15766408
I don't even know the one on the left but I'm imagining it sliding around on its car feet like rollerskates, unable to control itself and falling on its ass
>>
>>15777888

least it got thumbs
>>
>>15767492
it's like robotech, no one gives a shit about southern cross or mospeada just the macross arc
>>
File: PRMToy08-36_1.jpg (115KB, 468x623px) Image search: [Google]
PRMToy08-36_1.jpg
115KB, 468x623px
>>15772281
shoulderpad suggestion reminds me of shin getter's.

pretty much leftover dairugger parts seem to work as a weapon
>>
>>15767546

The ship couldn't beat Voltron on it's own, they had issues because it was so fast and maneuverable not because it was so strong. It's definitely the legs of another unit though, which makes me wonder is he going to get his hands on more of the same material since he apparently used the full comet to make that much, given that Hunk didn't pick up on any second signals; seems like that'd be a little silly given how rare the stuff is supposed to be.
>>
>>15779732
It was a big Comet.

Probably about the same size as the one that the lions came from.

The Galra and the Druids could still be processing the rest of it
>>
>>15779732
I said "beat up on", not "beat", as in it was able to be a considerable threat to Voltron. They also implied that getting hit by its main cannon would have seriously fucked them up.
>>
>>15779732
it was the legs, the arm AND the torso\head.

It's Albegas!

...or Aquarion.
>>
>>15779808

I was trying to address that already by pointing out that Hunk's detector only picked up the one source, not that they detected multiple sources and went to the nearest one.

>>15779863

It's gun was effective because it was made from the same material, but the main reason it was difficult to deal with was still because it was fast and hard to pin down. Even then, the main source of drama in the scene was because Keith was given two conflicting goals and wasn't sure which to go for, not any sense the unit could seriously damage Voltron.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.