[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FIRST 10 MINUTES OF ORIGIN V OUT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 238
Thread images: 36

File: Untitled-1.png (929KB, 864x606px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
929KB, 864x606px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FqSOPwJs8M&t=0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPEmneAJbIk

discuss
>>
>Side 6, Riah, declared neutrality
>it's where 0080 takes place
At least they got that little bit right.
>>
Do they still fuck up "Bunch" as "Banchi?"
>>
Gundam is dead.
>>
Lol decisive victory "operation british"
>>
is garma going to do anything besides be a fuckboi? him in a zaku would be cool. I'd love to see his zaku animated/cgi'd
>>
>>15765209
He was never a MS pilot as I recall, the most he did in 0079 was pilot a fighter and hold a command position.
>>
Amuro's voice is a bit off. I can tell that it's still Toru Furuya, but feels like the guy's straining a bit.
>>
>>15765123
what PS3 game is this?
>>
>>15765123
Zaku is alive.
>>
Why is Sunrise still stuck in the past?
>>
>>15765225
It's literally been almost 40 years since the last time he first did kid Amuro's voice. You try sounding like a teenage boy when you're in your 60s.
>>
>>15765252
UC is literally their cash cow, you would be retarded not to keep milking that for all it's worth.

The AUs are where they bring in fresh ideas and fresh talent to experiment. They're fully aware that any small thing they do to Early UC could jeopardize it, which is kind of why it's basically become a "first party" thing.
>>
Gundam is dead.

Seriously though, why won't they exert more effort on something new instead of using UC over and over again?
>>
>>15765268
What is 00
What is AGE
What is G-Reco
What is IBO
What is GBF

To say nothing of their non-Gundam projects like Love Live and Code Geass.
>>
>>15765273
That's not enough. I want a Gundam show airing everyday. I want a new AU every month.
>>
File: may3regstdcamo.jpg (355KB, 760x756px) Image search: [Google]
may3regstdcamo.jpg
355KB, 760x756px
>>15765275
>>
>>15765275
Then you give Sunrise the money they need to hire the staff and expand their studios to do all that shit.
>>
>>15765290
They have like 12 Studios. That should be enough for 12 new AUs every year.
>money
Uhhh...no. They have enough money to do that.
>>
>>15765301
Your understanding of business and finance is severely flawed.
>>
>>15765123
I like that they actually showed Zeon bombarding the colonies with Musai cannon fire instead of using gas on any colony but Iffish. I'm really tired of that old, outdated claim and it's nice to actually get a series that sets the record straight on the how the opening volleys of the war played out.
>>
>>15765309
Care to elaborate any further?
>>
>>15765318
It's already been established that Origin is Alternate UC, it's just Yas's take on how things could have played out. In actual UC, they did gas and nuke several space colonies, it would take a lot more firepower than from a flotilla of Musais to actually destroy a space colony given how fucking huge they are. The WMDs are the more cost efficient option.

>>15765322
Not really, because either you're trolling for replies or the new generation of /m/ posters has really gone down the shitter.
>>
>>15765346
>someone has a different opinion than mine
>i know! i'll call him a newfag
>>
>>15765346
>In actual UC, they did gas and nuke several space colonies

But they do gas colonies in The Origin
>>
>>15765252
>Why is Sunrise still stuck in the past?

So they can masturbate the old time geezers fixed on the UC 'til the day they die. It's really a pathetic situation.
>>
>>15765359
Fuck off, TDSA.
>>
>>15765123
I wonder if they're going to show the people inside the colony as it gets gassed. It was a little creepy in the manga.
>>
File: idc.png (35KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
idc.png
35KB, 625x626px
>>15765322
Oh come on. You don't even have an opinion you made a retarded statement.

If you believe they could put out 12 new Gundam shows a year because they have 12 studios you're either an idiot or trolling. Most of those studios don't even do mecha animation.
>>
File: Capture126.png (662KB, 1273x648px) Image search: [Google]
Capture126.png
662KB, 1273x648px
>>15765123
was zeon always this small?
>>
>>15765359
If you actually think it's a smart business decision to retool all of your studios to make all Gundam all the time, then there's too much wrong with your perception of how animation studios work, and it would be futile to attempt to correct it all.

And if you don't actually think that the above is actually a smart business decision, then you're just being too obvious in your baiting, and it's not worth a reply beyond calling you out.
>>
>>15765370
I'm assuming that number probably doesn't count other colonies that threw their support behind Zeon.
>>
>>15765370

And once again Zeon did nothing wrong. It was all a misunderstanding. Wiping out half the world population was a sidenote of history after all.
Fuck the EF, long live the principality of Zeon.
>>
>all these (You)s to weak bait
/m/ has truly lost...
>>
>>15765370
Maybe they have a selective definition of Zeon citizen. Or they're going with the projected numbers for the human population that they had in 1979.
>>
>>15765377
Even so it seem way to small to have a successful military campaign against the earth (Which is predicted to reach around 10b people and is half the population went into outer space that would be around 5b so where the fuck is everyone)
>>
>>15765383
When i say predicted i mean real world terms
>>
>>15765253
>It's literally been almost 40 years since the last time he first did kid Amuro's voice. You try sounding like a teenage boy when you're in your 60s.
not true at all, he's done it for other projects in that time span
>>
>>15765383
It seems like they were banking on their superior firepower which worked to a point until the Federation took that advantage away and quickly handed their asses to them.
>>
>>15765396
Thats still less than the Axis powers population in ww2
The Axis population in 1938 was 258.9 million* literally no fucking way they would they could win against literally billions plus an earth full of resources
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_powers
>>
>>15765265
i love the uc but they never do actually good shit with it

i want to see what happened more by victory and f91

and all those fucking years from victory to turn a
>>
>>15765402
That's the thing. I don't mind them setting shit in the UC timeline but they just keep jamming more and more stuff into the One Year War period.

There's a lot of shit they can still milk out of UC but everyone recognizes the Federation and Zeon conflict so got to stick with that shit forever.
>>
File: 1473068678385.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1473068678385.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>15765417
>>15765402
>yfw After the OVA finishes, Sunrise announces that they'll be adapting the rest of The Origin as a TV series
>>
>>15765424
It's bound to happen sooner or later. Might as well be now.
>>
>>15765123
How many more of these are there going to be? I thought they were going to stop at 4.
>>
>>15765430
They added two more, the one about to come out and one next year.

That should be all but it's anybody's guess really.
>>
>>15765430
They only announced as far as 4.
I'm of the opinion the OVAs will stop at Side 7 and then there will maximum blueballage as OYW will only be animooted AFTER a TV series retreads Char's arc all over again.
>>
>>15765435
> AFTER a TV series retreads Char's arc all over again.
They'll probably just recut the OVA into a series like they did for Unicorn, if that's the route they want to take.
>>
>>15765439
That sounds like it'd be the most likely considering how they've produced it so far.
>>
>>15765123
Is there a PV out yet? I don't feel like watching a 10min video.
>>
>>15765346
>they did gas and nuke several space colonies
They only gassed one, by all accounts. The only source that actually specifies that Zeon gassed more than one colony is Tomino's old setting notes.

Also, Sunrise has never specified that the Origin OVA is meant to be seen as separate from UC proper. They have no reason to and likely won't. Quite the opposite; the writers and mechanical designers working on the OVA seem to be making an effort to hide or change the things that originally make The Origin incompatible with the UC anime timeline.

Either way, it doesn't matter; the fandom at large is going to be taking The Origin as UC's pre-early OYW lore from now on. They have no reason to believe it isn't beyond the claims of random internet people. Besides It's the only true reference they have aside from old UC-centric tech manuals and Entertainment Bible (which nobody should be taking seriously anyway, given it's a mess of crazy claims and outdated info), and nobody but the biggest turbonerds reads those.
>>
>>15765456
It is a real shame they didn't try to make the ANIME fit in to the ANIME timeline it's not like gundam was originally a ANIME or some thing
>>
>>15765424
It could actually happen
The final episode of the OVA comes out in 2018, a year before Gundam's 40th anniversary
>>
>>15765370
iirc that was the number they use for Zeon's population in the original show
>>
Side 7's jingle was cute
>>
>>15765402
Unicorn is basically set between F91 and Victory.
>>
>>15765456
The problem I have is that there's still so much that differs from or clashes with things that are established in 0079, and it tries to force connections between characters for no real reason. The issue of Amuro not being the one who invented the Haro anymore notwithstanding, it just feels like pure fanwanking that Mirai should have seen Char and Sayla while they were in Spain, or that Dozle's future wife and Mineva's mother should be one of Char and Garma's classmates, or that Amuro, Kai and Hayato all knew each other long before Zeon attacked Side 7, or that Amuro would have already seen the top-secret data on the RX-78-2 before the first episode of 0079, and so on. And, of course, all the Char wanking that dominated the first four episodes (and presumably more to come).

It's true that little to none of that was ever set in stone before The Origin, but it still feels like a misguided fan's attempt at making a prequel, rather than a proper prequel by someone who was involved in the creation of Gundam in the very beginning.
>>
>>15765518
Hayato was actually Amuro's friend in 0079, and Kai would not be a stretch.

But I hear you man, IT IS fan wanking
>>
File: 1375430851353.jpg (51KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1375430851353.jpg
51KB, 720x480px
>>15765123
>Kai has literally become Beecha
>half the episode is almost verbatim the beginning of ZZ
>the other half is yet more Zeekwank
I keep wondering how it's possible for Origin to perpetually get worse and worse.

>>15765518
>it still feels like a misguided fan's attempt at making a prequel
Yas isn't a writer, or at least isn't a good one. All his original works are completely terrible, but this is compounded by the awful team handling the anime.
>>
>>15765517
Huh?
>>
will the feddies ever score a kill in Origin?

Or is Zeon plot armour too strong?
>>
>>15765547
what are you talking about?

they got professor minovsky
>>
>>15765123

I only watched Origin 1.
Is the tone still all over the place like it has no idea what it's a story about?
>>
>>15765552
tldr zeon is the perfect dindu.
>>
>>15765518

The problems you're describing can be found in other well established franchises as well. Let me give you 2 examples : Star Wars and The Foundation Saga (written by Isaac Asimov). Both of these start as the story of a few characters against an epic background. As more sequels are made up the story changes as to make every single greater than life event as a consequence of some main character's acquataince or son/brother/father/uncle etc... The end result is that instead of having something epic you end up with Beautiful (a family soap opera) episode 4. At that point anyone can understand the franchise has gone to shit and can't be recovered.
Origin exemplifies this like no other anime that I know of.
>>
>>15765540
>>15765555

Anything other than painting Zeon as cartoonishly evil = wank? As it is, they killed two colonies full of civilians in this piece, and this was not depicted as a good thing. The point of Gundam is not ZEON = BAD, FEDERATION = GOOD (or vice-versa); it's that war is hell and neither side is in the right.

So stop this shit.
>>
>>15765346

I'd think it's less a problem with the scale when destroying one or two colonies and more that in the opening few days of the One Year War there were dozens of colonies destroyed across three seperate Sides, each hundreds of thousands of miles apart. Destroying that many sides through cannon fire seems inefficient and implausible even if you want to chalk some of it up your accidental damage in the heat of battle.
>>
>>15765571
>The point of Gundam is not ZEON = BAD, FEDERATION = GOOD (or vice-versa); it's that war is hell and neither side is in the right.

Bullshit with a capital B.
The point of Gundam 0079 is that Zeon are imperialistic scum that have brought a genocidal war upon the earth and its colonies. There is no moral equivalence between Zeon and the EF in the original show none at all.
>>
>>15765578
No moral equivalence between the leaders. But the regular Zeon soldier is shown in a relatively positive light.
>>
I wonder when will Sunrise come up with CDA OVA or some alternative story.
>>
>>15765578
Did you watch the anime or just the recap movies?
>>
>>15765593
>Did you watch the anime or just the recap movies?

Both and neither one makes Zeon the equivalent of the Earth Federation. Lets be clear about one thing : retconning the original started in the late 80s and never stopped. But the original show (wether in tv version or movie version) is absolutely crystal clear who bears the responsability for having started a war of aggression on Earth and its colonies. There are no shades of grey here.
The Zeon are guilty, the EF is not.
>>
>>15765578
>only characters who sold out to the enemy were EF (that general who secretly took orders from M'Quve)
>Ramba Ral's men loved him enough to take on a suicide mission to avenge him
>EF grunts bullied civilians, stole fruit, and got drunk and partied in other people's houses
>Zeon grunts gave food and their emergency shelter to a random woman looking for her hometown, Hamon invited a random drifter to eat with Ral's men
>Revill made everyone on White Base follow orders by threatening them with imprisonment
>the "Time Be Still" grunts only went after the Gundam because they were promised they could go home to their families, AND they congratulated the pilot who defeated their attempt

Degwin was an autocrat, and Gihren and Kycilia were COBRA levels of backstabbing evil, but the show went pretty far to show that the majority of people on Zeon's side were good people.
>>
>>15765621
>>EF grunts bullied civilians, stole fruit, and got drunk and partied in other people's houses
And in Origin they brought hookers with them.
>>
>>15765587

Never, hopefully.
>>
>>15765547
I saw some Salamis blowing up some Musais in ep 1
>>
>>15765676
Not to mention using lethal ammo to suppress riots and murder of several Zeon cadets
>>
>>15765456
>>15765518
>>15765518
>>15765525
>>15765540

For me, the problem with telling One Year War stories since this century started began with IGLOO, where Loum's colonies weren't shown getting wrecked in the crossfire as Earth Federation and Zeon ships slugged it out.
>>
>>15765252
because AU is shit
and Sunrise knows that
>>
I really, really miss the Ocean dub cast
>>
>>15765571
>As it is, they killed two colonies full of civilians in this piece, and this was not depicted as a good thing.

Great, yet more Zeon whitewashing from the Origin anime crew. In the manga it was explicitly stated and shown that Zeon destroyed every colony at Hatte except for Iffish. Probably didn't even show the dead civilians floating in vacuum too.
>>
>>15765253
This is why I loved Saint Seiya: Soul of Gold. They cast most of original Saint Seiya seiyuu and they were supposed to voice characters in their mid twenties yet they all sounded like 80 old grandpas, it was funny but amazing as hell, since they are all great voice actors and hearing them in those roles once again was fabulous. It's the same for me with Gundam. Whenever I hear Furuya as Amuro and Ikeda as Char, I'm grinning with joy.
>>
>>15765794
Best english dubbed voices for Char and Amuro for sure. Unicorn/Origin's Char has good delivery, but Skyrim has spoiled that particular voice for me.
>>
>>15765252

Because anything with Zeon makes money.
>>
>>15765318
>I'm really tired of that old, outdated claim and it's nice to actually get a series that sets the record straight on the how the opening volleys of the war played out.
Hey guys, Zeon is not all bad! They're not like Nazi Germany! They don't always gas colonies! Sometimes they just pound them until they explode! Totally not like Nazis!
>>
>>15765123
I thought Amuro hadn't been struck by anyone before Bright?
>>
>>15765370
That's pretty amazing for a handful of space colonies, to be fair.
>>
>>15765517
(You)
>>
>>15765517
Unicorn is set between Char's Counter Attack and F91 you goof.

But yes at least it was something other than OYW again though it doesn't change the fact that they keep going back to that particular well.
>>
>>15765301
>They have like 12 Studios.
That was before the BNP split though.
>>
>>15765123
>that whole scene with the Feddie soldiers assaulting them

what the fuck
>>
It's funny how Sunrise could have turned this into Zeonwank to appease the Japanese audience yet Zeon is coming across more evil than ever.
>>
>>15766251
Because it's Char-wank and the Zabi are his enemies. It still preserves the characters you're supposed to like such as Ramba Ral.
>>
>>15766170
I haven't watched the English dub yet, is Char voiced by the Belethor guy?
>Trinkets, odds, and ends
>Me, I call them treasures
>>
>>15765252
>>15765363
i can't wait until summer is over, holy shit
>>
>>15765424
I'd be pretty uneasy about that, I like some of the small changes it makes to the story but I really dislke how they swap the odessa and Jaburo story arcs around, it screws up the pacing.
>>
>>15766363
No telling if they would or wouldn't switch it back for an anime adaptation. It's not like they're following the manga order to begin with already.
>>
>>15766349
Nah. Nazeem. The "Do you visit the cloud district very often? What am I saying, of course you don't!" guy.
>>
File: 1468762888188.jpg (308KB, 1200x1754px) Image search: [Google]
1468762888188.jpg
308KB, 1200x1754px
>>15766392
Oh that's almost worse. That voice is way too prissy for Char, I think. I wonder how hard it would be to find a voice actor that can get close to "Ikeda but in English." Steve Blum was a pretty good voice for him, but his gravel doesn't really fit Char.
>>
>>15765346
>can't be fucking assed to give dissenting anon an explanation why his opinion is wrong.

So when did you give the entirety of your soul to Sunrise to shill and defend everything they do?
>>
>>15766411
See >>15765376
>>
File: Truly this was, the origin.jpg (36KB, 839x435px) Image search: [Google]
Truly this was, the origin.jpg
36KB, 839x435px
WE'RE JUMPING ONTO WHITE BASE
>>
I can't.. stop.. listening. Gets me so pumped.
https://my.mixtape.moe/aawxrt.mp3
>>
>>15765381
iirc the MSG narrator says that the human population was around 11 billion before the One Week Battle, with 9 billion of those in colonies. Populations of each Side have always been vague. Side 7 was only one colony at the start of the OYW which could average out to 1.5 billion per Side. This would line up with the body count of the One Week Battle since Sides 1, 2, 4, and 5 were pretty much obliterated and around 5 billion people died. I think the death toll from Operation British was only in the tens of millions, still leaving around 2 billion on Earth, the vast majority of the OWB deaths were from destroyed colonies.
We know that some of Side 1 survived, as Shangrila is supposed to be one of the earliest colonies, so it's reasonable to assume that some of Sides 2 and 4 also survived. That still leaves 4 billion or so people between Sides 3, 6, and the remains of 1, 2, and 5. Gihren said that Zeon only had 1/30th of Earth's fighting strength, so if Zeon had 150,000,000 then that would equate to an enemy strength of around 4.5 billion. If Side 6 had 1.5 billion people, then it all adds up.
>>
File: 1492553074235.jpg (100KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492553074235.jpg
100KB, 1920x1080px
>>15766710
Also this song, but to a lesser extent.
https://my.mixtape.moe/ofjuyh.mp3
>>
>>15765346
>In actual UC, they did gas and nuke several space colonies
According to UltimateMark, who is a translator who works for Sunrise on localizing Gundam, Iffish is the only colony Zeon gassed. Most of the rest of the destroyed colonies were nuked by Zakus with nuclear bazookas (which they didn't always escape from themselves).
>>
>Char wearing a normal suit in combat before Lalah told him to
>Kai thinking any of that was a good idea
>Amuro getting hit before Bright
>Amuro gets off scot free just for being the chief engineer's son
>the rest of the teenagers get beaten to bloody pulps
>the military take the time to set up automated machine gun turrets to guard the entrance but not a proper fucking barrier
Is the rest of Origin this bad?
>>
>>15766734
Yep.
Pointless changes left and right. Amuro doesn't even build Haro, Tem bought it for him.
>>
>>15766734
About Char's suit - he's still not so famous to say "Fuck safety"
>>
>>15765123
Garma looks like Rei Ayanami in that image when I was looking at this from the catalog
>>
>>15766203
What point are you trying to make with this post?
>>
>>15766737
While true, Amuro DOES makes the modifications that turn Haro into what he is, which is what really matters.
>>
>>15765383
Earth has more like 2 billion people, and the colonies has about 9 billion total between all of them of them
>>
File: snapshot.jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
snapshot.jpg
79KB, 640x360px
>>15765123
>Kai
>not being a coward
Yas worked on the original show, right? Did he not watch it?
Also LOL at the explosions rotating with the cylinders. I know we have to relax the laws of physics a *little* because it's a giant robot show, but that was just stupid.
>>
>>15765383
10B is everyone in the Earthsphere. Zeon killed most of them by indiscriminately firing on colonies because they housed federation fleets
>>
>English Amuro not voiced by Brad Swalie

REEEEEEE
>>
>>15765402
>they never do actually good shit
I'd agree that Sunrise as of late has been overly protective of UC, but I think its a bit of an exaggeration to say they never do anything good with it
>>
>>15767051
Maybe those "explosions" are chemical fires that are originating inside the holes that were punched into the colony walls by the cannon fire? Plus parts of the colony are in motion, so it kind of stands to reason that if those are the pieces that explode, they would stay in motion (no atmosphere to create drag on the smoke and particles). In space, all movement is relative, so in that sense a beam cannon that hits a "moving" target could also easily be perceived as the cannon shot being in motion and strafing a stationary part of the colony.
>>
File: jion-05.jpg (464KB, 3023x2143px) Image search: [Google]
jion-05.jpg
464KB, 3023x2143px
>>15767120
>Plus parts of the colony are in motion, so it kind of stands to reason that if those are the pieces that explode, they would stay in motion (no atmosphere to create drag on the smoke and particles). In space, all movement is relative, so in that sense a beam cannon that hits a "moving" target could also easily be perceived as the cannon shot being in motion and strafing a stationary part of the colony.

ding ding ding

This guy gets it.

The problem isn't the show, the problem is people trying to apply physics on earth to a zero g vacuum, which has been an issue with sci-fi since the early days (and still is) and one that Gundam surprisingly manages to avoid more often than not. It isn't perfect, but it tries pretty competently, which is all I really care about.
>>
>>15767165
I just started the Unicorn novelization, and it literally goes into talking about pressurized man mad objects exploding and how the vacuum of space effects the scattering debris.
/m/ has a problem with applying anything to scifi tbqh, most of the science in the UC universe was mainly stolen from O' Neill's theories but doesn't seem to stop anyone from debating about it. But we barely have any info on how space will effect most things we have knowledge on like how a bullet will travel through space and so on.
>>
>>15765638
I don't remember this. What chapter was it in again?
>>
>>15766251
But they couldn't, because it's still relatively faithful to the manga.
>>
>>15765621
And the opening of the show implies that almost all of the billions killed were in the name of Zeon

"People were horrified by the atrocities committed in the name of independence"

After the opening catch of every episode start like that you can't have them all be cartoonishly evil unless you want to turn it from a legitimate into some doomsday scenario
>>
>>15767446
The OVA actually toned down the destruction of Hatte compared with the manga. The manga had shots of dead civilians floating in vacuum to contrast Gihren's 'We Zeon are totally the good guys! It's totally Side 2's own fault that we had to kill them all!' speech. Also the manga makes it explicitly clear that Zeon destroyed every colony in Side 2 save for Iffish whereas the OVA has several intact looking colonies in that shot of Dozle's ship before he meets with Ramba Ral (unless those colonies are meant to be damaged and the animation teamwere just too lazy to add damages to the colony CGI model).

But then, given that Origin is directed by the same guy who gave us IGLOO and 0083, I'm hardly surprised by the efforts to downplay Zeon atrocities.
>>
>>15767557
Is there even a way to "downplay" the atrocities when you explicitly show capital ships firing broadsides into defenseless space colonies, and are presumably going to show the gassing process in more detail than has been shown in any animated work besides perhaps 08th MS Team??
>>
>>15767567
By doibg stuff like reducing the scale if the destrucion or omitting the gruesome toll on the civilians? You know, the exact thing they did in the episode? Hell, we didn't even see any civilians getting killed when Zeon blew up thise colonies. They made it look like they were empty. I wouldn't even be surprised if we get some future interview with the director or supplementary material stating exactly that; all those colonies that Zeon destroyed were empty because it was a holiday.
>>
>>15767726
That's the excuse they gave for the Zeeks attacking Torrington in the Unicorn OVA, right?

At least the novel mentioned that the Zeeks caused 40,000 casualties during the attack on Dakar.. a fact that wasn't mentioned in the OVA, and the battle cut short.
>>
>>15767051
Do you realize being a teenager fucking around in your hometown vs. being a teenager that's been forced to fight for his life in the Worst War Ever are two completely different situations?

Being brave in the first one doesn't mean you're going to be brave in the second one
>>
>>15767744

Iirc, the 'holiday' nonsense was used as the excuse why Loni blowing up downtown Dakar didn't kill anyone. For Torrington they spouted some bullshit about how the people there were all families or related to the military so that's why nobody gave a shit that Zeon shot up a town and why Loni did nothing wrong.
>>
>>15767007
That its futile to try to be a Zeon apologist; they're still crazy mass murderers to the highest degree, and saying "they don't always gas colonies" doesn't make it any less true.
>>
>>15766205
>>15766734
To be fair, he might have originally meant that a person that he considered to be an authority figure, whom he was willing to listen to, never had to hit him. Pretty sure that it's normal for kids to get hit by each other, or to have violence done on them by strangers, at least going by the standards of the 70s and how life is in UC.
>>
>>15767802
> That its futile to try to be a Zeon apologist

You've obviously never met Black_Knight. Gihren's speech alone probably gave him a hard-on.
>>
>>15765273
Then to save time and production costs:
Gundam × Love Live = $$$$$$$$$
>>
>>15767120
>>15767165
Look at 2:58-3:02
It's a still frame of the cloud just stuck on the rotating colony. Don't even try and defend this with headcanon.
>>
>>15767759
Kai himself repeatedly refers to himself as a coward. Even after he mans up, even during the attack on A Baoa Qu, he calls himself "a natural coward".
>>
I hope they release models of the EFSF fighters, even reviving the UC Hardgraph line for it.
>>
>>15765252
Because we can't let go our nostalgia to venture out in the unknown future.
>>
File: 1463187688071.jpg (78KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463187688071.jpg
78KB, 800x900px
>>15765123
I think it is apparent now that they will cover the manga in it's entirety.

Man, it looks more like a caricature than a serious show
>>
What's with everyone in Origin making really exaggerated expressions? It looks dumb. It makes all of them look like absurd caricatures with their mouths hanging open so wide that it doubles the height of their head.
>>
>>15769650
>physics is headcanon
>>
>>15765379

Gihren dindu nuffin. He was goin' to church. Gonna start college in the fall. Just fell in with the wrong crowd, dats all.
>>
File: Everyone's out on holiday.png (4MB, 1766x1992px) Image search: [Google]
Everyone's out on holiday.png
4MB, 1766x1992px
>>15767802
That is the point I've been making for years, along with the fact that it's retarded that /m/ always concentrates on the idea of Zeon gassing shit when that was literally one of dozens of colonies destroyed by them.

I don't know why everyone here insists that the gassing of a colony is the real issue when it's such a small part of the One Week Battle, and hardly the most brutal act committed during that time period. I guess because the idea of gas is more insidious? I dunno.

>>15767784
>so that's why nobody gave a shit that Zeon shot up a town and why Loni did nothing wrong.
I've read the interview you're talking about, and at no point does Furuhashi imply that Loni/psycoframe imprint of Mahdi did nothing wrong, only that it was the reason she opened fire on the city (You take my family, I'll take all of yours!)

In addition, it was shown in the very OVA that the buildings were mostly vacant during the attack on Dakar. That's not something he made up after the fact to take guilt away from Zeon so much as it is giving context to the visible fact that the buildings were mostly empty.

Either way, I'm still not happy with the changes to the Earth Arc. Dakar was pretty gnarly in Bande Dessinee, so it must have been good in the novel as well.
>>
>>15765377
No other colonies threw in support for Zeon.
>>
>>15770973
Eh, 'Loni did nothing wrong' may be a bit of hyperbole, but the whole 'those women and children Loni vaporised were families or peripherally connected to the military so that's why nobody cares' thing is still valid. It just reeks of a weak after-the-fact justification to tone down Loni's atrocities because apparently we're supposed to sympathise more with the literal bab killing terrorist than her victims.

>In addition, it was shown in the very OVA that the buildings were mostly vacant during the attack on Dakar

Or it could be that the animators were lazy to animate people on the street and they used that as an asspull to whitewash Loni. Because otherwise you can argue that >>15767726 is right and the fact that we don't see anyone in those colonies Zeon destroys mean that they're all empty too.
>>
>>15771116

> the whole 'those women and children Loni vaporised were families or peripherally connected to the military so that's why nobody cares' thing is still valid.

Nobody ever said that them being military families meant no one cared, only that it was why no one declared war after it. They basically rationalised the fact they were related to the military as a reason not to declare a war none of them wanted in the first place.
>>
>>15771124
First off, the whole 'not wanting to declare war'thing is nonsense. The ones who attacked Torrington were Zeon remnants with support of Neo Zeon, both entities that have been in open war with the Federation for years. Hell, the Zeon remnants entire raison d'tre is thatthey refuse to accept that the last war ended!

Second, I'm pretty sure that 'Zeon terrorists attacked this town and murdered a whole bunch of civilians but we're not gonna bother to do anything about it' pretty much qualifies as 'nobody cares'.
>>
>>15770938
That's how the art in the manga looks. There's a fair bit of goofy expessions in whole thing, but I personally didn't find it too bad.
>>
File: MyNegro.jpg (12KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
MyNegro.jpg
12KB, 289x289px
>>15765123
>>
>>15765123

Seems okay so far.
>>
>>15770965
>explosions freeze and rotate
>physics
Anon....
>>
>>15770960
>>15770938
fucking KYS. this is why modern anime looks so fucking shit compared to the 80s, complete and utter lack of expression now.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170812-091659.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170812-091659.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Who did this? Confess
>>
>>15765517
You should try not being a dumbass
>>
File: 1468856524139.jpg (317KB, 1244x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1468856524139.jpg
317KB, 1244x1600px
>>15771239
>Second, I'm pretty sure that 'Zeon terrorists attacked this town and murdered a whole bunch of civilians but we're not gonna bother to do anything about it' pretty much qualifies as 'nobody cares'.

To be fair, that is the EXACT attitude of the Federation Government about pretty much everything else. Fuck, they LET Haman Karn drop a colony simply because it was a pretty effective means of population control. It's not bullshit if it's entirely in-character.

Add in that the remnants were mostly wiped out during the battle and hunted down afterward, and the fact that the only people left to declare war on (the sleeves) were already at more or less at war with them, and...yeah.
>>
>>15771116
>Or it could be that the animators were lazy to animate people on the street and they used that as an asspull to whitewash Loni.

Laziness or not, there are barely any cars or any other signs of activity either. Chalk it up to laziness if you want, but there's no post-series whitewashing here.
>>
>>15770973
>In addition, it was shown in the very OVA that the buildings were mostly vacant during the attack on Dakar. That's not something he made up after the fact to take guilt away from Zeon so much as it is giving context to the visible fact that the buildings were mostly empty.
That's not dakar
>>
>>15772299
That is Dakar. The battle afterward happened at Torrington.
>>
>>15771239

> the whole 'not wanting to declare war'thing is nonsense.

The plot of Unicorn is almost entirely dependent on the Federation not wanting to publicly acknowledge Laplace's Box or anything to do with it. Which would include a proxy battle waged over it.

> entities that have been in open war with the Federation for years

They might have regarded themselves as being at war with the Federation for years, but the Federation didn't share the sentiment and has regarded the One Year War as just that: one year long.

> Second, I'm pretty sure that 'Zeon terrorists attacked this town and murdered a whole bunch of civilians but we're not gonna bother to do anything about it' pretty much qualifies as 'nobody cares'.

Not really. All it says is that the heads of the Federation cared less about it than about their public image. Which as >>15772237 pointed out is entirely consistent with their characterization since the start. Just because the people making the decisions don't care doesn't mean no-one does.
>>
They already gave you Reconguista, why are you already asking for another late UC show?
>>
File: 1434191452645.jpg (155KB, 790x624px) Image search: [Google]
1434191452645.jpg
155KB, 790x624px
>>15772860
We want a post Victory UC series (As in 25-50 years in the future max,) not another straight-up post-UC series.

And this is coming from someone that enioyes Reguild Century.
>>
>>15765216
Not sure if It has any validity, but the Gihrens Greed series of games have noted that Garma actively was sortied in his Zaku II during the invasion of the Midwest United States and the eventual siege of New Yark in an attempt to show his troops that he could stand alongside them in the field.

His unit did receive minor damage during the capture of New Yark, leading to him choosing to relegate himself back to a commanding role rather than directly entering into the field in his unit. Apparently his unit was given to another Zeon ace midway into the war during the supply crisis that began to plague them a few months before the Incident at Side 7.

Apparently all of the male Zabi's [With exception to Degwin] knew how to pilot a mobile suits, While Kycillia never learned how to.

Garma: Zaku IIFS [Unconfirmed if it was destroyed or shuffled away] In game had a B rank in piloting
Dozle: Zaku IIS [Unit was destroyed when the Solar System hit Solomon] In game had a S rank in piloting
Gihren: [Had multiple machines build for him to use for pubic propaganda but constantly had them suffled away due to a lack of interest.] In game had a A rank in piloting.
Kycillia: Completely unable to use a Mobile suit in game due to the lack of prerequisites. she was able to use Mobile Armors though.

Going off of Origin canon, I don't believe Garma ever became a mobile suit pilot, though I could be wrong about that.
>>
>>15776020
Fuck Crossbone fans, seriously fuck you people, your post UC isn't anything special yet you keep whining about it. not even fucking Japan wants your shit post UC. If Crossbone was so goddamn popular and even remotely interesting they would have fuckin produced an anime for it, but be realistic that shit show aint going no where crossbone basically the same garbage side story trash as Astrey only like by edgelord trash
>>
File: 1498581818230.png (135KB, 278x297px) Image search: [Google]
1498581818230.png
135KB, 278x297px
>>15776426
I didn't even mention Crossbone, you high output autism reactor.

Quite the opposite; I'd prefer it not related to previoua entries beyond the setting it takes place in. Crossbone Gundam's just the most readily late-UC pic I have on my phone at time of posting.
>>
>>15771725
youtube celebs are fucking cancer.

you are watching these cretins and wishing you were them, or they were your friend. In reality they just make money off you.

Why don't you do it?

also who is this guy anyways? looks like an aspie
>>
>>15776020
We don't want crossbone though
>>
>>15778759
Yeah, me neither.
>>
>>15766731
>which they didn't always escape from themselves
This sounds like a mistranslation or just someone making shit up.
>>
>>15779967
iirc it was in one of those "maybe not canon anymore" history books from the 80's. The accuracy/aiming range of the Zaku's nuclear bazooka, the blast radius of the warhead, and the speed of the Zaku don't add up very well. I think the (translated) line was something like "...they sometimes got caught in their own blasts".

But considering I don't have a source and I probably either read it here on 4chan or on a pastebin linked from a thread here on 4chan, feel free to consider it speculative fiction. It's not like I read a physical japanese copy or anything.
>>
>>15776426
The Crossbone MGs were actually pretty popular back in the day.

The reason they aren't adapting Crossbone is because there isn't much Gunpla left to milk. The protagonist suits have already gotten some pretty high-quality gunpla, and there just isn't much left for them to make aside from the Jupiter suits...which lets face it, NOBODY will buy.

Either way, popularity has never been an issue for Crossbone. What is an issue is profitability, which it really isn't in comparison to another prospect they can actually capitalize on.
>>
>>15778726
It's that idubbbz guy. Don't know anything about him other than that he's popular and had a spat with Leafy I believe. The kit in question only showed up for a few seconds.
Video in the screenshot: https://youtu.be/6R9nMYDtTzE?t=6m26s
>>
>>15780049
Crossbone isn't popular, the Crossbone Gundams are, mostly because Katoki redesigned them... Everything he touches is gold in Japan basically
>>
File: 13.jpg (987KB, 1100x1600px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
987KB, 1100x1600px
>>15765571
Welcome to neo-/m/ Anon.

I for one hope they stick something like this scene to make it look like it's the Federation's fault Side 5 gets destroyed, if anything, for the biblical level of butthurt it would cause on here among the Feddie fags.
>>
>>15780298
>non-canon zeek wank by some nobody
Sasuga black knight, our resident alt right nazi
>>
File: 1319519457365.png (357KB, 765x593px) Image search: [Google]
1319519457365.png
357KB, 765x593px
>>15780314
>Trying to imply I associate with the losers of /pol/ or the alt right.
Oh, this is rich.
>>
>>15776020
I honestly want to see a UC scenario where they have to deal with an honest to god alien invasion. Just give me something that breaks up the usual Feddie vs Zeek nonsense.

Just stop and imagine if the had to deal with the aliens from Independence Day or the Reapers of Mass Effect?
>>
>>15781324
Fuck that shit. Trailblazer already showed us how badly Sunrise would fuck that up. It was bad enough that it happened in 00, we don't need that shit in UC.
>>
>>15765123
Stupid question, but is Origin a remake of 0079? Could I move from this to Zeta or should I still go back and watch 0079?
>>
>>15776426
>Crossbone
>Post UC

Pick one, and it was just a pic not even related to what he's saying. Sperg more.
>>
>>15781324
I don't want aliens, and this is coming from someone who didn't completely hate Trailblazer, if they're going to do aliens just make it some new AU series and have the time to properly dedicate time to it and work it into the show and it's universe.
>>
>>15781324

It's called Macross
>>
>>15782797
there is no remake of the original MSG TV show yet.

There is an Origin manga that is pretty much a re-telling of the original TV show, with some differences, but nothing major. all the people that die in MSG still die in Origin
>>
>>15776426
>Crossbone
>post UC
It's called "Late UC". Yeah, I know it's after year 100 which is technically a century, but "Universal Century" is at least 223 years long.
Not to mention the fact that the Mooninites in Turn A seem to refer to everything pre-MLB as "Universal Century" which means they consider (at least) Wing, G, and X to be UC. So if you're not a Mooninite, the "post UC" shows are the Black History eras that the uneducated refer to as "AU", if you are a Mooninite, then Turn A and G-Reco are the only post-UC.
And possibly IBO considering the damage to the moon (unless you just assume Kio or Dr Kasshu fixed it before SEED).
>>
>>15769654
People don't always start out the way they're shown months later. The event where a delinquent pushed back a year drives a construction vehicle (stolen) and is then beaten up by Feddie troops is probably the reason why he turned into a "natural coward".
>>
>>15781324
Play SRW V.
>>
>>15771116
Or... They were evacuated ahead of time the moment the Juaggu and Capule arrived from the shore-, leaving their office buildings because they're not retarded enough to stay during a Zeon attack. Seeing as they've gone quite a bit into the city and since they're not really made with agility on land I'd wager it took them a few minutes to get where they were at the start of the 4th episode.

And regarding the whole "it's fine to kill the people at Torrington because they were Feddie family": Ever considered the fact that this could just be Zeon soldiers trying to rationalise their own atrocities to sleep better at night? Unless it's the author explicitly saying this and not the characters (in this case it was the characters) then I don't see what's wrong with portraying soldiers trying to rationalise their own horrible deeds in a space opera.
>>
File: 1502905111617.jpg (182KB, 480x435px) Image search: [Google]
1502905111617.jpg
182KB, 480x435px
Yas will make Gundam great again
>>
File: d3d.gif (1MB, 410x299px) Image search: [Google]
d3d.gif
1MB, 410x299px
>>15781324
The devil has infiltrated U.C and is having the time of it's life
>>
File: 1347083680133.jpg (716KB, 1894x3182px) Image search: [Google]
1347083680133.jpg
716KB, 1894x3182px
>>15765123
that image looks familiar
>>
Exterminate the Feddies.
>>
https://youtu.be/V4EpPyqlPuk?t=2m48s
>Not wanting Tomino on the project because G-reco was great.

I'm mad. Dude created like three classics, including The Origins' source material, and this knucklehead thinks it would be a good idea to avoid his input. The stuff that Yas actually wrote himself is by far the worst part of The Origin, but everyone's looking to him rather that the people who made the good bits.
>>
>>15785778
That's bullshit rationalization and you know it. That scene was completely out of character for Kai.
>>
>>15786562
I still don't see how giving context to why a character evolves into what he is at the start of the original show is "bullshit rationalisation".
I guess everytime a prequel showcases an event which changes a character into who they are in the future it's also "bullshit rationalisation"? Come on, you have better arguments than that.
>>
>>15765518
>or that Dozle's future wife and Mineva's mother should be one of Char and Garma's classmates
It was handled in such a hamfisted way that I couldn't help but love it.
>>
>>15765123

I am a mecha whore but honestly the least interesting thing about Origin is the mecha battles. I enjoy it for the characters and general cinematic feel each movie has.
>>
>>15766405
To be fair, Frontals voice in the Unicorn dub was pretty damn good, but in general nearly everyone was miscast.
>>
>>15786719
>an event which changes a character
True
>into what they are in the future
Bullshit
>>
File: Zeon.jpg (35KB, 616x346px) Image search: [Google]
Zeon.jpg
35KB, 616x346px
>>15765704
>For me, the problem with telling One Year War stories since this century started began with IGLOO, where Loum's colonies weren't shown getting wrecked in the crossfire as Earth Federation and Zeon ships slugged it out.
Origin's depiction is actually one of the VERY few depictions of the One Week Battle that I'm pretty okay with. We actually see them bombarding the colony in a way that matches with the opening intro to 0079 but just enough that it kills the population and not destroys it entirely. The colony is still in good enough shape to be recovered and repopulated, which explains why every single colony cluster aside from Sides 3, 6, and 7 aren't gigantic shoal zones throughout the rest of UC.
>>
>>15786506
You tried
You failed
About ten times in a row
>>
>>15765578
>who is Ramba Ral
>>
>>15765439

I hope not , that ruined Unicorns pacing
>>
>>15765517

you mean between CCA and F91
>>
>>15765587
>I wonder when will Sunrise come up with CDA OVA or some alternative story.

Hopefully never
>>
File: IMG_0194.jpg (76KB, 654x673px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0194.jpg
76KB, 654x673px
>>15765157
so this means 0080 is still canon? Nice
>>
File: IMG_0123.jpg (110KB, 1000x670px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0123.jpg
110KB, 1000x670px
>>15766349
>>15766392
>Heard they're reforming the Titans, Spacenoid hunters or something
>>
>>15765794
I don't see why, the new dubs sound absolutely brilliant. Liam O'Brien kills it as Ghiren Zabi, and he ain't the only one. Amuro and Char have really fitting voices too.
>>15766170
>>15766405
Nah if you sit down and actually watch it fully, you'll see just how well it works. Keith Silverstein does a brilliant job at being Dub Shuichi Ikeda. Even Persona 5 knew.
>>
damn i just finished origin as well (first gundam show)
>>
>>15769535
cross ange did it better anyway, based fukuda
>>
>>15765157
>>15793279
Side 6 was neutral in the original series, too.
>>
>Daily reminder that the Shamblo was haunted by a ghost that hates white people
>>
>>15770960
>What's with everyone in Origin making really exaggerated expressions? It looks dumb
that's the style of cinema it is aiming for, it isn't anything new as well
>>
File: 1474576744114.jpg (43KB, 522x303px) Image search: [Google]
1474576744114.jpg
43KB, 522x303px
>>15770960
>>15795354
Actually it's because it was originally a manga, and the uncreative anime directors copy the panels and expressions verbatim without acknowledging that characters overreacted in the comic because it fit the medium better.
>>
>>15772237
Look at that woman's face. That's not the face of a mother protecting her kid. That pic is just dirty fake feddie propaganda.
>>
>>15787972
>The colony is still in good enough shape to be recovered and repopulated, which explains why every single colony cluster aside from Sides 3, 6, and 7 aren't gigantic shoal zones throughout the rest of UC.

Yeah, that always kind of bothered me. I guesthey really are trying to use Origin to genuinely organize the outbreak of the war rather than skeet vague anecdotes at us through published lore dumps.
>>
>>15787972
MS IGLOO had a very good reason for why you don't see any of the colonies get destroyed in the parts of the battle you see.

That's because Zeon leaked false intel to the Federation they were going to attempt a second colony drop at Loum in order to lure their remaining fleets into a decisive battle. While we never see the colonies get destroyed, it only takes simple logic to connect the dots on how it happened because on the monologue leading up to the battle. You see the Federation fleet move through Side 5 in order to engage the Zeon fleets. Ship to ship combat starts, Federation has the upper hand. Zeon deploys their mobile suits which decimate the Federation lines and force the remaining Federation ships to retreat, which means they have to go through Side 5, which is destroyed the crossfire. Do we know the particular, like did the Federation ships use the colonies as shields? No, but we have enough points of reference from knowing the outcome of the battle and what was depicted in MS IGLOO, to have a general sense of how it happened.

As for Origin, that's a separate timeline so they can do whatever they want.
>>
File: colony attack.png (773KB, 478x1080px) Image search: [Google]
colony attack.png
773KB, 478x1080px
>>15797338
I'm not talking about Loum, you twit; I'm talking specifically about the One Week Battle. Loum happened five days later. Everybody knows Side 5 is a shoal zone.

The point I brought up is that none of the other Sides but 5 after the war are out of commission for very long, in spite of the fact that we're told those colonies and their populations are "destroyed." Origin offers up a pretty acceptable explanation; the colonies are bombarded enough that the population most certainly perishes, but a good number of the colony cylinders are left intact enough that they could be recovered and repopulated during the reorganization of the Sides in 0084, and there were no enormous debris fields like at Side 5 and what was there was likely cleaned up posthaste during the recovery period. The most we ever see of a shoal zone in the other Sides is a few colony cylinders at Side 4, but it isn't nearly as bad as Loum, which was annihilated wholesale short of Texas Colony.

>separate timeline
Still waiting for Sunrise's word on that. Till then, Origin's the go-to source for the story on the early days of the OYW as well as the pre-war period. Might as well roll with it, because the fanbase at large sure as fuck is going to whether or not the actually remake 0079 into a full adaptation of Origin like they want to.

Considering Sunrise doesn't have official "separate timelines" for UC and the one that exists is in a perpetual state of incoming retcons and contradictions, Origin being a separate universe from UC proper forever remain a fan claim, as will any stance you have on the matter.
>>
>>15776361

In the Origin manga he never piloted a mobile suit. MSV can still add a version of his Zaku, after all the mainline MSV added various Zabi customized units (Dozul Gouf comes to mind considering that he was stationed in space all the time) that never got used.
>>
>>15797413

They may leave the thing vague like Studio Nue did regarding the Movie-TV version of the original Macross.
>>
>>15795360

This. Other YAS adaptations featured expressive characters as well (Venus Wars comes to mind), but never on this magnitude.
>>
>>15797413
gihren's greed/ambitious animated cutscenes are the true origin
>>
>>15797413
>the colonies are bombarded enough that the population most certainly perishes, but a good number of the colony cylinders are left intact
That's what the G3 gas was for.
But these days it seems like they're trying to make it so that only Iffish was ever gassed, meaning the Titans actually gassed more colonies than Zeon did.
>>
>>15797475
They did tho.
>>
>>15797460
They might not even bother with that. Sunrise is infamous for playing with UC's canon extremely loosely, and even Endless Waltz, which is WILDLY different from the original in terms of it's portrayal of events, is treated entirely like it's the same universe as the TV series. Even today, with Glory of Losers serving as the manga adaptation of the TV series to go with Endless Waltz, the TV series still takes precedent due to the fact that it's animated, in spite of the contradictions.

That's why I always found this idea of alt-UC or separate timelines completely ridiculous. Sunrise barely even attempts to organize UC's lore on their own, and any attempt to do so is mostly by singular writers that contradict each other all the time and never had any of their work show up in animation anyway, meaning their word is mostly worthless if an anime comes along and actually shows it happening (like Origin or IgLoo.)

Even then, IgLoo isn't entirely innocent of contradictions, either. For example; the RGM-79 GM was said to have seen action in Odessa in very limited numbers (specifically 30, with only 15 of them actually fighting) back when it was still in the RGM-79A configuration, but IgLoo 2 comes along and retcons these GMs into Ground Type GMs, meaning the A configuration of the RGM-79 never saw combat and only entered the field when they installed the Gundam's Learning computer data and re-equipped them for use in space as well as earth. Old Lore gets retconned all the time in Gundam, no matter how big or small. We don't need to imagine a new timeline every time Gundam introduces shit we didn't know before. Otherwise, 08th MS Team would literally be it's own setting.
>>
>>15797475
There's no "these days" here; the claim that Zeon gassed anything other than Iffish has always had more evidence against it than for it to begin with; it just happened to be the anecdote that made it into the very few available english sources and thus became the norm for western fans.
>>
>>15797413
Misquote that was directed at the individual you were green texting. Don't get your panties weighed down by Earth's gravity.

>Everything is canon
Ha, just wait for the rest of Origin to be animated, the deviations from Yas's work will force you to accept that Origin is a separate timeline. In fact, the weaponry already deployed in the Battle of Loum in the first episode (Sniper rifle, the Zaku II have chest Vulcan cannons.) already proves there are deviations.

>>15797516
These sources made the claim there were NBC attacks (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical.) Unless I'm growing old and forgot, Zeon did not deploy any biological weapons during the One Year War.
>>
>>15797513
It's a slightly different case here than Igloo. Yas's manga made very large changes to existing canon, like the Guntank being around since 0065, changing White Base's travel from all around the northern hemisphere to just moving south along the western coast of North and South America, swapping the order of White Base visiting Ireland and Jaburo, etc. It was considered a separate continuity because it didn't try to stick to existing canon and was just a manga.
And Sunrise has backpedaled on some of those changes with the Origin OVAs. Unlike the Origin manga, the anime makes the 0065 Guntank an earlier model instead of making Hayato's Guntank an old POS. They skipped the line about Tem buying Haro for Amuro so we're still free to believe he built it as the original series stated
>introduces shit we didn't know before
It contradicted things we *did* already know, like the RX-75 being built in 0079. That's different from just adding new things. The manga did not try to fit into the existing timeline, it is clearly a separate thing. The anime remains to be seen, but looks like it is intended to fit into the main timeline since it's really only retconned the pre-Zaku mobile suits and added the RTX-65.
>>
File: Char's Zakoo.jpg (208KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Char's Zakoo.jpg
208KB, 1500x1500px
>>>15797558
>In fact, the weaponry already deployed in the Battle of Loum in the first episode (Sniper rifle, the Zaku II have chest Vulcan cannons.) already proves there are deviations.
Not him, but the ASR-78 Anti Ship Rifle Char and a few others were using at Loum actually fell out of use for the most part due to the fact that the recoil made the weapon difficult to remain calibrated accurately in zero g, and the ammunition for it was prohibitively expensive to make in comparison to standard bazooka shells, which worked just as well, if not better as long as the pilot wasn't incompetent. The wear and tear on the joints from the weapon's recoil made it an unpopular weapon with maintenance crews and due to the logistics involved with diminishing supply lines throughout the war, the ammunition for it grew rare and was no longer being manufactured.

Source: MS-06S Char's Zaku "The Origin" Gunpla manual.
>>
>>15797649
I can't see Char ditching his rifle to not just have it. (Pretty sure if he had one, the Trojan Horse is sunk). Or it being phased out entirely since there are going to be pilots who prefer to snipe instead of going close quarters. Also, a bazooka round working better than the Anti Ship rifle? I guess, there was the one Salamis class Char sank with a bazooka round to the main engine, but in terms of outright destroying a capital ship like a Magellan, the rifle is much more suited for the job because he was able to sink multiple ships with 2-3 shots each.

Does the manual explain why the magazine feed version of the H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka fell out of use in favor of a much less efficient front loaded version? Or what happened to the Zaku II's vulcan chest cannons?
>>
File: Bazooka-type2.jpg (20KB, 510x204px) Image search: [Google]
Bazooka-type2.jpg
20KB, 510x204px
>>15797685
>Does the manual explain why the magazine feed version of the H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka fell out of use in favor of a much less efficient front loaded version?

You should as 08th MS Team that same question.
>>
File: origin bazooka.jpg (132KB, 672x960px) Image search: [Google]
origin bazooka.jpg
132KB, 672x960px
>>15797685
>Does the manual explain why the magazine feed version of the H&L-SB25K/280mmA-P Zaku Bazooka fell out of use in favor of a much less efficient front loaded version?

No, but the mechanical archives show that the Zaku Bazooka is a modular weapon, with multiple configurations and magazine types/feeding mechanisms.

As for the chest vulcans, I evoke the Endless Waltz rule of "Sunrise can do whatever the fuck they want to sell new Gunpla and they don't care about your nerdy obsession with aesthetic or functional consistency."
>>
>>15765252
Because The Origin is good, justifying its adaptation.
>>
>>15797721
>showing all the Zaku Bazookas appearing throughout the years as one modifiable weapons platform

This. Shit like this is why I love Origin. I love the fact that for once, they're treating the original and all the expanded universe material as one unified setting. They made an effort with Unicorn, but Origin seems to be going the extra mile.
>>
>>15797702
>>15797721
Fair enough in regards to the Bazooka.

As for evoking the Endless Waltz rule, that only works if everything is retconned which was the case in Endless Waltz because the redesigns were depicted as taking part of The Eve War. So it would only make sense if you add or replace something throughout as opposed to adding and subtracting on a whim.
>>
>>15797721
God that rifle is so god damn sexy.
>>
>>15765424
>follows the rest of char's life
>watch char's perspective of the OYW
>watch char mentor kamille into a powerful pilot and newtype
>watch char whack it to pics of haman during ZZ
>>
File: RTSyEI4.png (193KB, 370x367px) Image search: [Google]
RTSyEI4.png
193KB, 370x367px
>>15765123
>Anavel Gato narrating a gundam show
and still no fucking cameo
>>
>>15801568
Kirk Thorton makes everything great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQs_G_mgrPY
>>
Why did Char kill poor little Garma, what an asshole
>>
>>15801289
>As for evoking the Endless Waltz rule, that only works if everything is retconned which was the case in Endless Waltz because the redesigns were depicted as taking part of The Eve War

And Char's Zaku + chest vulcans and RX-78-02 presumably take the place of Char's Zaku - Chest vulcans and RX-78-2. What's your point? Any changes Endless Waltz made to the events of A.C. 195 are just as valid as any changes Origin makes to the original series. I'd even argue the prospect of a 0079 remake is even more evidence of that, unless it somehow ends on a dramatically different note that the rest of the U.C. timeline can't happen the same way.
Thread posts: 238
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.