[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You guys like the new Power Rangers movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: tju6uhj.jpg (387KB, 1920x1443px) Image search: [Google]
tju6uhj.jpg
387KB, 1920x1443px
You guys like the new Power Rangers movie?
>>
Honestly while it wasn't great it actually wasn't as terrible as I thought it was going to be. It was ok I guess. I would have preferred if the Zord didn't look like a Bayformers atrocity though.
>>
>>15761804
It's one of those movies I completely forgot about the second I walked out of the theater.
>>
>>15761804
Actually yes. It was a shit Power Ranger movie, but it was a fine teenager-becomes-superhero movie
I actually felt for Billy, which was one of the better examples of autism than I was used to seeings
>>
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Zords are HALF of what makes Power Rangers.

The movie had decent-ish rangers, but the shittiest zords in the world. That's one reason why it failed.
>>
They'll never get to watch it with those shitty ass designs.
>>
You see the toyline for the zords? Pure garbage.
>>
>>15761908
>I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the Zords are HALF of what makes Power Rangers.

The creative and cool looking suit, robot, and monster designs are easily like 90% of why I loved Power Rangers as a kid and why I still collect the toys. Them fucking up the movie designs are the main reason why I had no interest in seeing it.
>>
The movie was watchable, but it took itself WAY too seriously. A kid me would have been horribly bored watching it.
>>
>>15761804
pretty ok.

was the megazord supposed to be an actual function of the zords (the novels say yes) but the film itself implies the zeo crystal gave the combining function to the zords.
>>
>>15761804
I thought it was fine as a movie. I'm actually willing to watch the sequel and am hoping for more action.

The lack of a combining robot sequence and ugly as sin Megazord was a disappointment though.
>>
I liked it a lot.
>>
>>15761979
The suits were better in action than I thought they'd be. The robots though... yikes.
>>
>>15762004
I thought so too but kid me thought the old Power Rangers movie was amazing so kid me was clearly retarded and might have actually liked this too.
>>
Okay teen drama movie

not so great super hero movie
>>
>>15761827
your a good guy i like you
>>
Average teen drama movie; piss-poor Power Rangers movie.

My biggest issue is with the Megazord and its lack of screentime; copping out on the combination elements and not moving the Rangers to the torso despite being Bayformers enough in design to do so. It just didn't give the same epic feeling that the typical Super Sentai/Power Rangers Megazord combinations did the first time they did so.

Then there's also the shitty sandman remake of Goldar, which wouldn't be a problem if it was even half as competent as the original Goldar (enough to not job the first time and reappear in later episodes).

As for Rita, I didn't mind the fact that she was a former Ranger, but it feels tame somehow, compared to the original Rita just straight-up wanting to conquer the Earth with her beloved while being a mystery boss villain until the Rangers get strong enough to face off against her directly.
>>
>plays Power Ranger theme for 10 seconds
>immediately replaced by a Kayne West song
No
>>
>>15761804
It was okay teen movie that disrespected what it meant to be Power Rangers movie. It deserved to be a financial failure, as it bombed hard in China AND Japan. They'd be lucky to get sequel at this point.
>>
>>15761804
Better then i expected. Its hard to introduce PR to mass auditory and they did well
>>
>>15762123
kid you has better taste than you though.

>>15761804
>none of the characters are remotely similar to their originals except Billy if we're generous
>rangers are misfits for no reason
>le realistic dark tone
>shit designs
>like 5 minutes of suit fighting then they stay with helmets lifted for the rest of the movie
>said 5 minutes are the rangers havign trouble facing generic mooks
>gets solved by Zack breaking a rule that was introduced within the movie
>"Take that Bumblebee" from a movie that is in no place to criticize bayformers
>megazord barely fights
>Rita gets slapped into space which is even sillier than the original 90s movie despite this attempting to not be that

Only shills liked it.
>>
File: Megazord.jpg (666KB, 1400x700px) Image search: [Google]
Megazord.jpg
666KB, 1400x700px
>movie is a reimagining to make it more original
>still stick to the original power rangers stuff without trying anything new

>tries to separate itself from the original and not use any tracks from the original
>use its main theme for 30 seconds, replace it with Kanye West of all things

>tries to change up the casting and character tropes
>the asian and black characters end up being the only decent characters because they ham it up with some cheesy lines of dialogue

>reimagines the megazord, the most iconic thing about the original series that is parodied to hell and back
>makes it look absolutely nothing like the original and comes off as a background bayformers animation

It's got nothing for the original fans and It has no lasting appeal for the new ones. Who the fuck was this movie meant for?
>>
It wasn't as offensively bad as I expected it to be, but it wasn't a good movie. Even by the end of the movie the Rangers didn't really feel like friends outside of the Jason/Billy brotherly relationship and Zack and Trini were 100% unlikable the whole way. The movie was bitterly cynical and bleak for 95% of the runtime.
>>
>>15761804
Is it odd that this Megazord reminds me of Escaflowne?
>>
>>15764390
duhn dahn
POWER
duhn dahn
RANGERS
duhn dahn duhn dahn
POWER RANGERS POWER RANGERS
>>
File: 1493623327102.jpg (65KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
1493623327102.jpg
65KB, 960x638px
I tolerate it for the semen demons
>>
>>15761804
I wanted it to be a little darker, but I kinda liked the whole "What If The Breakfast Club Had Superpowers" schtick. It got close to being really good, but the Zords looked like shit. Actually, the majority of the redesigned aesthetic was kinda shit. The massive Krispy Kreme product placement had me rolling my eyes super hard. Rita was hot, though.

I wanted it to be Chronicle, but Power Rangers. It wasn't.
>>
>>15764755
more
>>
>>15764862
>>
>>15763835
It's a movie generated by board room of soulless corporate drones crunching market research data.
>>
File: data-top-zyuranger.jpg (81KB, 600x241px) Image search: [Google]
data-top-zyuranger.jpg
81KB, 600x241px
>>15763835
it was made for those "too cool" for something colorful and sometimes silly but still wanting to pay for what they liked in their childhood
>>
It needed to decide if it was going to be self-aware camp or straight-faced drama, but it was okay for what it was. Which, given I expected it to be shit, wasn't to bad.
>>
>>15761804
Not really, I could even call it bad, and for me that is saying something.

The first part was annoying as they tried to build them as bad kids, which had a lot of highs and lows which really messed with the feel. I could have let that slide if they had just done it a little better, but it just felt off. Part of it was the darker rebooting with too much teen drama shoved in. But a bigger part of it was how some actors had real talent like the blue ranger, and others couldn't act to save their life like the yellow ranger. And the script didn't balance it out at all.

But what really did it was how clearly missed match the fights were, they showed how bad they were at fighting and how Rita was quickly becoming a huge threat. And her connection to Goldar was lacking as at times it seemed like a mindless puppet and other to have its own will. When they all charged to the scene in their zoids with the music playing, that was the tipping point. At that point it was no longer a drag of a movie. As I couldn't stop laughing and was 100% rooting for them to get killed. I would have paid to see them die given how badly out gunned they were, but they still won and at that point I just tossed it as deus ex machina trash which could have been salvaged as half decent with some editing.
>>
>>15761804
It was the strangest Krispy Kreme ad I've ever watched.
>>
>>15761804
Like at first I wanted to hate it because of the trailers for it. But over all it wasn't a bad movie, it became its own thing and laid good ground work for future movies. But Rita can fuck right off because she didn't match the tone half of the time for the movie. Yeah I know its a movie about the Power Rangers, but the overall tone conflicted with Rita's character and how she was portraid.

Aside from that it was an enjoyable movie save for the zords... But regardless the movie laid good ground work for future movies even if it was kinda blergh.
>>
>>15761804
Is that actually what it looks like without the shit Bayformers style lighting and movement? Looks alright.

>>15761827
I cannot get over Zack being Asian. He was my favorite character, now he's someone else.
>>
>>15767936
No that isn't
This is how it really looks
>>
>>15768075
Oh God why. How hard would it be to just come up with something like that other pic?
>>
>>15761804
It was on the good side of a hearty "Huh"

I actually found myself liking the characters which I did 100% not expect.

The suits, fights and mechs were absolute shit tho
>>
>>15761908
The rock monsters were pretty horrible too. It was just the kids punching everywhere, no grace to the choreography, no decent action sequence.
It's incredible, but they got the teenage drama way more better than what's actually important in that franchise, namely mosters smashing.
>>
Just watched it on PS4. Speaking as a fan of PR who has autism, the guy who played Billy was absolutely amazing. He nailed down the role perfectly. I can't say I was even expecting an autistic character in it.
>>
>>15761804
It wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I loved how its a good and to quote an anon in this thread "A good teens turn into superheroes" type movie but it was a terrible Ranger Movie. Especially the mechas. Out of all the Zord designs the Mastodon looked more like a Giant Metal Spider that has a Spider Web Launcher for the toy (I kid you not just look up the toys for the movie.)
>>
File: Megazord2017.jpg (137KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Megazord2017.jpg
137KB, 640x640px
>>15768091
But they're trying to go full greeble. So we have Iron Men piloting a BayFormer.
>>
File: power-rangers-credit-saban.jpg (85KB, 600x926px) Image search: [Google]
power-rangers-credit-saban.jpg
85KB, 600x926px
>>15770282
You know, because we're all edgy and grown-up now and these are totally edgy adult takes on those properties.
>>
>>15768095
I appreciated that they had sparks flying out on hits. The rest of the fight scenes were forgettable, in that I barely remember anything that happened in them. I think the zords went for their ranged weapons first, which was neat.
>>
>>15768075
>>15770282
The toy isn't even a good likeness of the movie Zord. A shitty design made shittier.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.