[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was he right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

Was he right?
>>
Flit was the best characte in AGE. Seeing him going from innocent child to hardass adult to broken old man was great. They should've dropped Kio and Asemu and just focus the entire show on him.
>>
>>15760203
I think the generational aspect is fine the problem is more than Kio and Asemu are terrible characters and let's be honest, Flit only gets away with being a bitter old hard ass in the first place because he's not the character with the main focus at that point.
>>
>>15760203

He is all those things, but you barely see it and the majority of it just happens off screen. You can intuit why he changed based on events in a previous generation, but the only change that has any on screen presence is Flit losing his savior complex during the first generation when Yurin dies if I recall.
>>
>>15760216
>>15760203

yeah but if you only focused on Kio or Asemu (pick Asemu) you could have developed him into proper foils for flit
>>
>>15760246

Ezelcant could have been a great foil for Flit too given that he's motivated primarily by the loss of his son and more of a politcal player with even less morals than Flit. He could have been a good mirror to Flit and show of what crossing the line could make him. I think making Decil his son would be good too.
>>
>>15760251
>I think making Decil his son would be good too.
Speaking of which AGE really needed a villain that appeared in all three generations, cold sleep makes this possible. Considering how much they focus on Zeheart they could have had him in from Gen 1 and just goes into cold sleep each time skip.
>>
>>15760260
You mean like Zera Gins?

A throwaway character that appeared in a total of like 2 episodes. Ezelcant's clone, supposed to inherit the Vagan leadership after Ezelcant died, etc...
>>
Age's 3 generation thing, while not inherently bad, made the whole series suffer overall because of how rushed some of the generation arcs felt. You'd get introduced to new characters and have them die off in 2 or 3 episodes after introduction and you're supposed to feel something from their death but you never had enough time to make any sort of connection with them to begin with. If the series had more episodes to flesh said characters, it may have left more of an impact and make the viewers understand more of the sense of loss the protag felt because of it but everything felt like they were trying to rush to the next arc constantly cause they didn't have enough episodes to tell the story they wanted.
>>
>>15760180
>*VEGANS

FTFY, Old Flit.
>>
>>15762588
>You'd get introduced to new characters and have them die off in 2 or 3 episodes after introduction and you're supposed to feel something from their death but you never had enough time to make any sort of connection with them to begin with
That's not a result of lack of time, but shitty writing. 70s and 80s shows often killed off characters in the same episode they were introduced and still managed to maintain some level of pathos
>>
>>15760180
One thing I really liked about Flit was how much he changes in subtle way. Take for instance how he was flipping the fuck out over Desil treating war like a game, yet in Gen 3 it's revealed Flit used video games to train Kio.

Or how on Fardain Flit is the one urging the two Yakuza gangs to put aside their differences to fight the alien threat. Seems all well and good, playing into the savior thing Flit has going for him in Gen 1. But at the end of Gen 1 he learns that the UE are humans who got a raw deal. Does Flit insist on putting aside their differences and working things out peacefully? No, he begins a crusade to wipe out the Vagans that last decades.

Grampa Genocide is a freaking great character. I don't mind his resolution, because it showed he wasn't so far gone and finally became the savior he aspired to be.
>>
>>15762637
Yep. A good writer doesn't need more than a couple minutes to make a character likable. Gash Bell introduces characters and kills them in the same episode and they still have a more lasting impact than characters who last much longer in other shows.
>>
Of course he was.
>>
The only good Vagan is a dead Vagan
>>
The narrative really didn't want you to think so, but the incompetent writing just kept giving you more and more evidence to believe so. If old Flit had completed his plans, there probably would have been less causalities overall.
>>
>>15762690
that thread sounds fucking legendary
>>
>>15762690
Adult Kio looks like a fucking loser, it's like he inherited all the worst traits of his parents/grandparents.
>>
>>15763276
That's a highschool math teacher if I ever saw one.
>>
>>15763284
Reminds me of the teacher in Unicorn

Before he closed the door of the shelter on himself and got vaporized anyway
>>
>>15762690
>Quite a good looking guy
>>
File: 1502242332397.jpg (103KB, 1080x350px)
1502242332397.jpg
103KB, 1080x350px
>>15760180
>Was he right?
Obviously.
>>
>>15762639

> Take for instance how he was flipping the fuck out over Desil treating war like a game, yet in Gen 3 it's revealed Flit used video games to train Kio.

That's not a change though? He never had a base state of being against training via simulation and changed his mind on it; it's just an ironic note in his character arc.

> Or how on Fardain Flit is the one urging the two Yakuza gangs to put aside their differences to fight the alien threat. Seems all well and good, playing into the savior thing Flit has going for him in Gen 1. But at the end of Gen 1 he learns that the UE are humans who got a raw deal. Does Flit insist on putting aside their differences and working things out peacefully? No, he begins a crusade to wipe out the Vagans that last decades.

And while this is a change it's not remotely subtle; it's basically the core of his character arc and the show isn't shy about noting that he's no longer a savior or forgiving.

> I don't mind his resolution, because it showed he wasn't so far gone and finally became the savior he aspired to be.

His resolution is quite sloppy in my opinion, since it's almost all done in the span of a few seconds in a way that ignores a lot of the preceding shows and makes all previous attempts to change him by Kio rather pointless. He changes because his old crush says it's okay to do so, rather than any of the attempts in the last 10/15 episodes by his grandson to make him rethink his stance having any relevance to his decision. Kio's role in the whole thing is really just "I mind controlled him in to having this moment" and that's it. It's horrible pay off for his arc, and doesn't play off his apparent relationship with Flit at all. Never mind the relationship of his wife, or his mother who was the first person taken from him.
>>
>>15760203
>drop SUPA PAIROTTO
Fuck you.
>>
>>15762690
>all it took to stop Flit was a psychic vision of a girl that's not his wife
>>
>>15764721
Asemu being a pirate was retarded as was his motivation as one. The only thing good about it was the aesthetics.
>>
what is this vegan shit recently about
>>
>>15760345
>You mean like Zera Gins?
>A throwaway character that appeared in a total of like 2 episodes. Ezelcant's clone, supposed to inherit the Vagan leadership after Ezelcant died, etc...
Every RPG needs a final boss.
>>
File: bill.jpg (12KB, 480x360px)
bill.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>15763276
Give him a few more years and he'll look like Bill Dauterive.
>>
File: 1431206584749.jpg (202KB, 600x496px)
1431206584749.jpg
202KB, 600x496px
>>15760180
absolutely right
>>
What if the final arc was Kio against Desil's head on top of Flit's body?
>>
>>15764732
Had she lived she might as well have been. Emily's a consolation prize.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.