[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the general opinion on this show?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: OKG.jpg (87KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
OKG.jpg
87KB, 720x480px
What's the general opinion on this show?
>>
>>15754757
It was a light-hearted Tomino show. If you like light-hearted Tomino shows, you'll probably like it. If you don't like light-hearted Tomino shows, you probably won't like it.
>>
Most of /m/ says it is good because they are ironic Tomino fans who like it as a meme. In actuality, it is shit like everything he made after F91.
>>
>>15754787
Define light-hearted...
>>
Good solid fun. First episode is casual filter.
>>
>>15754834
The named death count is lower than the happy relationship count.
>>
>>15754757
>What's the general opinion on this show?

Tomino at his best (and a throwback to the days of zany anime like Xabungle and L-Gaim).
>>
>>15754757
i fucking love opening and everything about it
>>
>>15754787
Someone post the head
>>
>>15754757
Great final episode but the actual ending isn't that great
>>
File: exodus.jpg (1MB, 1920x4320px) Image search: [Google]
exodus.jpg
1MB, 1920x4320px
>>
WEEABOO NINJAS killed my PARENTS
>>
>>15754757
I've seen praise for it on /m/.
I loved it though, it was very solid and was extremely enjoyable.
It's definitely not a show for everyone. for those with a certain taste that falls into the "muh hardass military grunt"category I wouldn't recommend a watch.

But if you like a fun adventure story then you'll be right at home.
>>
File: king gainer 2.jpg (175KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
king gainer 2.jpg
175KB, 1280x1024px
OT3 end
>>
>>15754788

Rude.
>>
I love it and this >>15755358
>>
>>15754757
Wish that the story could have concluded with the ending of the exodus, rather than leaving it as a "but this is another story..."
>>
>>15755358
>Tomino girls
Fuckit, picking this up right now
>>
>>15754757
Disappointing. The main plot was far less interesting than everything that went unresolved
>>
Just started this and the vocals in the OP sound very familiar. Is it sung by the singer for Fire Bomber? Regardless, I quite enjoyed the first episode.
>>
>>15754757
KING
KING
KINGU GAINER
fucking lit
>>
>>15756935

Yep
>>
Bad
>>
Good
>>
Looks fun
>>
Malcolm in the Middle
>>
It's really odd but I feel like Overman King Gainer is somehow less than the sums of it's parts.
The art is always consistently good, it had some great animation, I really enjoyed a number of the characters, the fights are creative, the pacing never really dragged for me, it had good ideas, I liked the whole universe and the idea that transportation companies having a seat of power due to the nature of the world.

But overall I just kind of liked the show, it was probably just a 6/10 for me even though there's nothing I can pinpoint that I disliked, it's just somehow the show was underwhelming for me despite my praise for it's individual components.
Hell I even think it has one of the best animated episode (as far as fluidity in animation) that can compete with some of the stronger OVAs and even animation focused series (such as Space Dandy or FLCL) but for whatever reason as a whole I only think it was "pretty ok".
>>
>>15757908
>tfw this is exactly how I feel about G-Reco
I hope I think better of Gainer once I finish it. The first four episodes have been really enjoyable.
>>
>>15757908
A show can have almost no flaws and yet still not be as enjoyable as more flawed shows because everything you liked, you didn't like as much as other things.

Take, for example, Dai-Guard. I cannot think of a single thing I dislike about that show. However, there's nothing that about it that has the ridiculous, awesome factor of Shin Getter Robo chopping a planet in half, so end up liking Getter Robo Armageddon more even though I know it has more problems with it.
>>
>>15757908
I enjoyed it more than you did, but I can definitely see what you're saying. This statement is far too subjective to defend, but I thought it was more of "a solid show with a few really good points" than, say, "a great show with some huge flaws" or "a bad show that's way more enjoyable than it has any right to be".

>>15758373
Interesting that you mention Dai-Guard. I actually watched that and Gainer around the same time, so the shows are tied together for me. Despite the fact that people often say this about Dai-Guard, I thought Gainer was far more of a "slice of life mecha" show.

Dai-Guard looked like a show designed for MotW first, then rounded out (quite nicely) by life stories and office fun. Gainer looked like Tomino wanted to tell a story about people re-inhabiting Earth, and there's a robot fight every episode because they wouldn't let him have the show without them. Characters had dramatic, life-changing development in Dai-Guard, but people in Gainer sort of just lived, and some of them grew up a bit.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.