[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Drawing Tutorials that don't suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

ITT: Drawing Tutorials that don't suck
>>
Step 1: Make rough draft
Step 2: Become bored
Step 3: Start a completely new drawing
Step 4: Repeat Step 1
>>
>>15752747
bad example, just go to conceptual art forum and learn from those fuckers.
>>
>>15753129
That would be good advice if it was still 2008 but conceptart.org is fucking dead. Just buy Robertson's books and read the /ic/ sticky and do drawabox and practive for a couple hours a day and you'll be able to bang out cool looking robutts in a year or two.
>>
>how to draw western mecha
>just copy a destroid
>>
>>15752747
If you ACTUALLY wanna learn how to draw shit from your head you should start by practicing how to draw basic shapes with realistic, believable proportions and perspective. Wait until you nail that shit until you try to shade or do fancy lighting or coloring.

Once you can draw your own hand perfectly at different angles then you are ready to tackle the world of your imagination.
>>
File: Ironhide-G1MT.jpg (57KB, 252x565px) Image search: [Google]
Ironhide-G1MT.jpg
57KB, 252x565px
>>15752747
draw BOXES from various perspective for practice

if you're not a sissy bitch you can start drawing old transformers
>>
File: 21211343536262.png (142KB, 538x432px) Image search: [Google]
21211343536262.png
142KB, 538x432px
>>
>>15753232
>realistic, believable proportions and perspective.
>with giant robots
pfff
>>
File: 1470955936027.jpg (326KB, 2048x768px) Image search: [Google]
1470955936027.jpg
326KB, 2048x768px
tips on adding details to mecha
>>
>>15754719
You can wing proportions but the other two always apply you shitter
>>
>>15754745
I will never understand this 'tutorial'. Machines meant for safety, efficiency, and ease of use tend to be rather clean, geometrically speaking.
>>
>>15754858
But that picture you posted has almost all of the details that tutorial mentioned.
>>
>>15752747

>STEP ONE: draw a box
>STEP TWO: draw the rest of the fucking robot
>>
>>15754879
I think he's shitposting.

Machines for different purposes look different. A lot of military machines don't just expose vulnerable parts like that plainly.

And if you look at machining tools and industrial machinery they have a lot of those exposed parts covered up because they kick up a lot of metal or plastic scraps or molten metal and so forth.
>>
idk, i learned how to draw by drawing basic anatomical shapes over and over until I could consistently make them look "right"
>>
In my years of experience, I learned to just bring a sketchbook with me everywhere I go, and just sketch random things, things with simple and complex shapes at different perspectives etc mixed with drawing exercises repeatedly until those shapes are impregnated into my brain. Practice really does make perfect.
>>
/i/ - Mecha
>>
I 'doodle' as I call it (mainly as it drove an art teacher crazy) and one piece of advice I'll give is simple - observe the world. See an intresting mechanism, mentally or physically sketch it; you get the chance to view an insect or creature up close? Sketch that sucker as you'll find insects are mecha in terms of armor plating and insectoid mechs are always excellent subjects. Even when watching anime or surfing online, don't be afraid to sketch ideas you like - I myself pore over /m/s threads to find new ideas and designs to incoporate into my mechs..heck, even /k/ is a resource for guns (if you blank out the typical /k/ommando posts and focus on image harvesting)

Secondly...don't be afraid to fail. Keep drawing that section that doesn't look right until it does. Beyond this, /ic/ has a lot of relevant resources such as guides to 3d drawing on paper and so on. While its not as glamorous, study and practice the basics of construction until you can literally 'see' the component in your mind and be able to draw it at any angle at will - if you learn the basics, you're already better than most

On a different note, kibble (random bits and bobs on a mech to make it more 'mecha') should be used sparingly - enough to suggest function (or to give a size comparison, such as a ladder) but not enough to distract
>>
>>15754719
have you ever even attempted to draw?
>>
>>15753237
metal <spoiler>BAWKSES</spoiler>
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.