[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adaptations Across Countries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: AAC-MMPR-S1-v-KSZR.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
AAC-MMPR-S1-v-KSZR.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Heyllo /m/ I've been doing a little show called Adaptations Across Countries where I take a look at some of the most extreme differences between stories that get adapted for other countries.

Recently I did an episode on Power Rangers and ZyuRangers. I especially find it interesting that the whole Mythological theme of the Dora Monsters was taken out and many more interesting story elements were removed.

What do you guys think of the difference between each series?

https://youtu.be/vY-eBU7nnjM
>>
>>15750999
It'd be easier to say what isn't different honestly. MMPR was less of an adaptation and more an entirely new show that used stock footage from a different show.
>>
>>15751037
I'd like to compare say Star Fleet to X-Bomber. I wonder how accurate the translation was. Saban and a lot of American companies tended to just make new shows out of the original material, sometimes keeping close, and sometimes just doing whatever.
>>
>>15751042
>>15751037

You could say then that they adapted the footage for an new audience. Which I find fascinating given cultural differences.
>>
>>15751080
One of the biggest differences regarding the stock footage is the yellow ranger is a dude.
>>
>>15751091
To be fair, suit actors tend to be dudes a lot anyway.
>>
>>15750999
>ZyuRangers
Y'know if you can't even get the title right I just have to assume the entire thing is full of inaccuracies and information and I'm not gonna watch it.
>>
>>15750999

Im not clicking your link becuase Im not willing to take the chance that this doesn't involve Linkara somehow
>>
>>15752787
Maybe OP is a villain from Zyuranger.
>>
File: IMG_5585.jpg (75KB, 647x960px)
IMG_5585.jpg
75KB, 647x960px
>>
>>15753396

On the list for review.
>>
>>15751116
nowadays they got more female suit actors for the female rangers, instead of needing to add males
>>
>>15755145
And one boy ranger in Kyuuranger is suit acted by a woman.
>>
>>15751042
Isn't Star Fleet a pretty straight translation job?
>>
How about Kamen Rider Ryuki and Dragon Knight?
>>
>>15757159

Definitely wanna do that one
>>
>>15750999
Power Rangers is not an adaptation at all. Stop spreading this.

>>15752787
>youtube video
>not misinformation + first two links of google info
Granted, the toku fanbase can do the second one.
>>
>>15757949
>can
can't
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.