[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What /m/ thinks about Heroic Age? Is there any anime similar to this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Heroic Age.jpg (110KB, 952x536px) Image search: [Google]
Heroic Age.jpg
110KB, 952x536px
What /m/ thinks about Heroic Age? Is there any anime similar to this?
>>
>>15750592
I'm probably one of the few that will say I actually liked it, it's only problem is it didn't show us much of the mecha. It was all about Age and his alter form Bellacross.
The series draws from the Hercules myth which kind of makes the story seem a bit more epic, which in the end made me think of Babylon 5 with the references to the other major alien powers as the Golden, Silver and Bronze tribes.
>>
>>15750617
I like the prophecy theme and the world building on it. Also instead of human vs human conflict, it gave us another aliens/beings to war which against traditional mecha plot.
Also for me, the protagonist is not some person with driven by an ideology but instead follow his own nature.
>>
>>15750592
>cool hive planet you got there
>would be a shame if something were to..HAPPEN TO IT
>>
>>15750753
Yeah. The power level on this show is absolutely bonkers.
>>
>>15750592
Not the most memorable thing in the world, but it had some interesting ideas and Belcross was always entertaining. That series of episodes partway through that's basically one giant extended fight with almost all the Nodos and Belcross going mad was fucking amazing.
>>
Oh boy, the quarterly Heroic Age thread
>>
Fun. Not High art and the weakest of the HiraiFace3 but still fun.
>>
>>15750592
Didn't care for it. No stakes and the Nodos fights were seriously underwhelming, particularly since none of them had much of a character. When you have that much high scale destruction going on, I expect some actual emotion about the gravitas of it
>>
>>15750592
I definitely liked it OP. However, nothing really comes to mind that's similar to it unless you haven't touched fafner yet, but that's more like an easter egg than anything.
>>
>>15751263
There were no stakes in Gurren Lagann and people liked it
>>
>>15751351
At least there were characters that actually died in Gurren Lagann
>>
Disgusting pro human propoganda. Silver tribe should have been the heroes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.