[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did people not like the CGI Captain Harlock movie? Seemed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: 1845 - Captain Harlock.jpg (109KB, 1920x804px) Image search: [Google]
1845 - Captain Harlock.jpg
109KB, 1920x804px
Why did people not like the CGI Captain Harlock movie? Seemed pretty cool to me. Dumb at time, but not dumber than some of the original eps.

I also liked how they made Miime look a bit more alien, instead of another copypaste Matsumoto girl with a different skin color.
>>
>>15748772
This is the same director as Starship Troopers: Invasion, isn't it? How's it compare to that?
>>
>>15748772
Because people will complain about CG even when it's used right, I'd much rather have a full CG anime than a 2D one where something CG shows up on screen every five minutes and ruins muh immersions by looking so out of place.
>>
Immortal Captain Harlock who destroyed the Earth.
>>
>>15748772
I thought it looked great. People just don't like change.
>>
>>15749051
>>15749627

All the complaints about it has nothing to do with the CG retards
>>
>>15748772
>Captain Harlock is not the lead in a Captain Harlock film instead its just some other faggot
>Completely undermines Harlock's character and botches it entirely
>Realistic Matsumoto's designs just don't work
>Unremarkable story
But it looked pweety I guess.
>>15748783
Aramaki? Yeah that's him I'll say its worse in comparison. This is the same guy that's going to be involved in that new Ghost in the Shell movie but given that the franchise has seen better days I'm not sure how much worse can his interpretation be.
>>
>>15748772
I remember the complaints being about the plot instead of the CGI though
>>
File: mime.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mime.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
>>15748772
She has a mouth. 0/10, an insult to canon, I'll never accept it, it's worse than Destiny, protest it on twitter.
>>
>>15748772
The plot was borderline incoherent. All it really had going for it was the pretty visuals which, to be fair, were really fucking pretty.
>>
>>15749668
I dunno, it was still really about Harlock and I think the protag was important to show how charismatic he is of a person.

The characters still did look like Matsumoto characters.

Which of the original eps had a lot better story? I'd only say Arcadia of My Youth really excels.
>>
File: right in the feels.jpg (42KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
right in the feels.jpg
42KB, 1280x544px
It looked nice, but it didn't pass for a story set in the Harlock-Verse.

Not at all.
>>
>>15750448
>Which of the original eps had a lot better story?

Pretty much any episode where Harlock is dealing with his own personal volition and also by premise alone the original blows this movie out of the water. (although the premise of the original is shockingly strong even alone)

One of the biggest things newer leiji matsumoto works of pre-existing franchises seems to fuck up is missing the original characterization by a huge mark.
>>
File: screenshot.png (362KB, 561x334px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
362KB, 561x334px
Great looking movie telling a story that doesn't fit the characters.
>>
File: 1tnbpw.jpg (51KB, 752x500px) Image search: [Google]
1tnbpw.jpg
51KB, 752x500px
Like, if you know absolutely nothing about Harlock beyond "he's a space pirate" then yeah it was probably a good movie.

But if you've seen any Harlock stuff you know that he's not vicious enough to take his frustration out on humanity no matter how much they fall short of his expectations.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.