[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does it always end badly for Mazinger Z? Every series has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Why does it always end badly for Mazinger Z? Every series has left me unfulfilled. Mazinger comes in, is invincible and cannot be stopped because of Super Alloy Z, and for some reason the beasts start to do damage until he's thrashed and worthless.

Don't say "toys". The original Nagai manga wasn't toy influenced. I cannot understand why Nagai jerks off to Mazinkaiser either, when kaiser wasn't even his idea. Kaiser is truly invincible and never loses, nor does Grendizer, but Great wins out in the end and Z, ONLY the trailblazing Z jobs.
>>
He dosen't get trashed in the manga.
The Great Mazinger continuation is from Terebi Magazine and therefore not canon.

That's some nice art work.
>>
>>15745935
Some mechanical beasts had partial super alloy z weapons. The rhino one had a huge spike that was tipped with it, given enough force it could penetrate Z's body. The Toei series had them keep upgrading Z with new weapons just to keep pace with Dr. Hell's robot army, he didn't get completely trashed until the Mycenaeans came along and were on a totally different level, so he got wrecked. They spent time repairing and upgrading Z during most of the Great Mazinger anime, so when he finally came back he was on a par with G. Mazinger. Z only showed up in one manga story involving Grendizer, never in the show. The whole narrative point of Mazinkaiser is that Z gets destroyed, so Kouji upgrades to a bigger badder version of the original, then it becomes Great Mazinger's turn to job. Kaiser basically exists because of Shin Getter and fanboys demanding a way for the daddy of Dynamic Pro robots to keep pace with it. He gets trashed in Shin Mazinger because cliffhanger for Shin Great an because of the whole Greek tragedy angle.
>>
>>15745970
One point about upgrades. While Mazinger Z's arsenal is expanded throughout the series, by and large Z itself is the same machine in the beginning as it is at the end.

Archduke Gorgon had the perfect opportunity to gather combat information during the brief alliance-of-convenience with Dr. Hell. It's not too surprising that it was taken out eventually.
>>
>>15745935
>The original Nagai manga wasn't toy influenced

Dude do you understand the fucking economic forces between the publication of a manga and that of a prime time tv show addressed to children ?

Tv stations don't usually put on the air tv shows for which they can't sell add time to advertisers. And guess what kind of advertisers you get with a show aimed at school kids. Hint : You aren't trying to sell budweisers to 10-13 year olds.
>>
>>15746015
If Budweiser was legally allowed to sell beer to 10-13 year olds you'd better believe they'd try to.
>>
Z isn't really even destroyed at the end of Shin Mazinger. The God Scrander (made from fossilized Zeus' hand) absorbs most of the damage, and considering the Mycenaeans are aliens/gods who want revenge on Zeus, it's fitting.

Personally, all I wanted was to see Z get to use Thunder Break, because there's no reason Great can use it, but Z can't.

Great-hen when? ;_;
>>
>>15746086
>because there's no reason Great can use it, but Z can't.

You see, Great Mazinger's horns point upwards, and this means it can conduct electricity better. Also, it's the original giant robot finishing move and the only signature thing Tetsuya has left, don't take that away from him you faggot
>>
>>15746094

I'm a Z fag and I'm not afraid to admit it.

Nagai never realized that later generations don't want "sons replacing fathers", they want "fathers becoming gods (immortals)". Z will always be the best to me, while Great and Grendizer are cheap imitations.

Shin Mazinger was a great release after being blue balled for 40 years.

Z needs to get revenge on Ankoku Daishogun too. Fuck that guy.
>>
>>15746094
Fuck Tetsuya, the guy spent most of his life from childhood training to be the best robot pilot in the world and after fifteen years of that he's only slightly better than Kouji is after two years. He gets the better robot, the better waifu, TWO jetpacks for said robot and he steals Kouji's dad for himself, and in spite of it all he's a complete cunt. Kaiser Tetsuya might be a jobber but at least he isn't a total dick.
>>
>>15746122
Everyone except Boss is an asshole in Toeizinger, it's just the way things are
>>
>>15746128
Jun's nice. Sayaka wasn't so bad when Koji wasn't around, they brought out the wifebeater in each other. Grandpa Kabuto was the nicest and sanest he's ever been, did he even have any scars in Toeizinger?
>>
>>15745935
Mazinger Z is a poorly done work of fiction meant to appeal to man children. He doesn't need to explain shit.
>>
>>15746153

>muh irony
>muh "self-awareness"
>muh winks and nods
>muh pandering to hipster sensibilities

People like you ruin appreciation of classic works. Go away.
>>
>>15746150
No he didn't.
>>
>>15745935
Because it's a fucking comedy kids comic, and the much more popular tv show sorta based on it was sorta supposed to be funny.
It's just Uncle Go's sick sense of humor. It was really avant-garde st the time.
>>
>>15745935
>when kaiser wasn't even his idea.
I thought it was?
>>
>>15746086
>Great-hen when?
Never have more Z-tan instead.
>>
>>15749809
I had heard that he had come up with some original designs and some tentative names like "Super Mazinger Z" or something, but it was the SRW staff that came up with the version we're familiar with. Or at least, a Toei look alike. The SRW version predictably has blue limbs while the DP version doesn't
>>
>>15745970
It's always the same in the Mazinger mythos. Muh superior alloy makes me the winnah. Even in the Mazinkaiser movie when it falls out of the sky they were upgrading the alloy yet again. Had they done the same to the second Gureito from the OVAs, he'd probably not had jobbed at the beginning (still, he's the only one in the army that makes himself useful). But, of course, then you wouldn't have all the tension buildup until Kaiser finally decided to show up.
>>
>>15746112
I keep dreaming they pull off a reverse Mazinkaiser. Mazinger has long been gone, Tetsuya is in the Great, Kouji in the Kaiser, both job. Kouji discovers Z again, which has been upgraded by Kenzou Kabuto or Juuzo Kabuto (either of them, make a contrived plot excuse to have them survive, or use a robot with their intelligence artificially uploaded or something), Z is so OP that all the Nagai robots together wouldn't be able to scratch him.
It will never happen though.
>>
>>15749812
If they do it I hope they make it nastier, as the first season. I literally fapped to her and Gre-chan rubbing their bodies together in that musical episode, and almost did when the three get their crap beaten in that other episode.
RGZ Plus was quite underwhelming in that regards.
>>
Zfags let it end. Z will forever be replaced in srw by kaiser and now zero. You had your time.
>>
>>15750678
I'm actually looking forward to the new Toei movie, since the idea of an older Kouji making his own robot really should have happened already.
>>
>>15750565
You already got that. It's called Shin Mazinger ZERO.
>>
>>15745935
>The original Nagai manga wasn't toy influenced.
After some time the original manga was directly influenced by the anime, which was very much produced with toys in mind. You can even tell, the manga skips over introducing a few elements, assuming the reader was also watching the show.
>>
>>15750678
>and now zero
Literally the same thing.
>>
>>15751293
Like?
>>
File: IMG_8918.jpg (227KB, 784x367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8918.jpg
227KB, 784x367px
Getter robo gets treated no better. Though he does get rebuilt in the Shin Getter manga
>>
>>15749812
Jeeg-chan makes me nut
>>
>>15751315
The only Getter Robo that gets away with not getting trashed is Shin Getter, though. Doubtless if Arc were to continue it wouldn't have fared better.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.