[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't it popular?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: hRhs_u1s.jpg (84KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
hRhs_u1s.jpg
84KB, 512x512px
Why wasn't it popular?
>>
>>15745169

Ungodly middle of the morning time slot apparently.
>>
>>15745169

As far as general audiences go, I guess the arc structure of most of the show wasn't well received, due to the apparent lack of an overarching plot. Still, it's ratings weren't that low. The actual issue came after the timeslot change which happened due to sponsors dropping due to bad merchandising sales.

The bad merchandising sales likely happened because the new design were considered too similar to Wing's, I'd guess.
>>
>>15745169

Better question OP: why should it be popular?

>>15745172

The timeslot only changed about half way through the show when it was already getting fairly average ratings if I recall, after the change the ratings dropped but it was never hugely popular and always lower than either Wing or G, the shows that preceded it.
>>
>>15745169
It's Yuusha, not Gundam.
>>
>>15745186
its one of the better AUs
>>
>>15745195

What an illuminating post.
>>
>>15745186
It's the AU that sucked the least, it was average and played it safe most of the times, but still miles better than Wing, SEED...
>>
>>15745169
Because it wasnt garbage or amazing
It was pretty good, and had a couple of little flaws
Unfortunately something like that doesnt gather too much attention
>>
Keep in mind it was airing in 96 (with some strong competition from other mecha shows along with Eva still being hugely popular from the previous year), it wasn't that spectacular a show to begin with, and it was at the ass end of a string of yearly Gundam series.

People were tired of Gundam, especially with a lot of new stuff on the block.
>>
>>15745331

Gundam fatigue is a bullshit excuse that's never held water considering other franchises have aired without pause for 30 years without running in to the same problem. Those same franchises have tumbling ratings now, but it's nothing to do with fatigue and simply competition from new franchises along with new forms of media. Hell, the ratings only dropped a point or so until the time slot was changed. The samey design may have contributed, but "more Gundam" itself certainly wasn't the problem.
>>
>>15745169
ANN hates it and commands it's sheeple to think a specific way.
>>
>>15745369

Sometimes I wonder if people like you blame ANN for other stupid shit, like, if you stub your toe or cut yourself shaving do you blame ANN?
>>
>>15745360
Dunno, about that. From what I've read there was Gundam fatigue even at the time of ZZ. A lot of people felt the series has nothing new to offer and was just being milked for money and grew disillusioned with it.
A lot of the franchises you are referring to are shows targeted at children that have no plot and a deeply formulaic episode structure.
>>
>>15745400

Gundam is aimed at kids too in case you hadn't noticed. Not to mention formulaic plots are more likely to turn kids off, not tune them in.
>>
>>15745402
I am talking about morning slot cartoons aimed at young children here. Gundam is more of a teenager/ young adult thing. Children didn't actually like it.
If children don't like formulaic plots why are the majority of children series episodic?
People grew to like Gundam becuase of the plot and the interesting waifus/husbandos, not just because of the flashy toys. Those people didn't want to be treated like idiots.
>>
>>15745169
because your mother is a whore
>>
One of the better AUs by virtue of being basically UC with a spin on it. Nips have shit taste, what else is new?
>>
>>15745169
>Why wasn't it popular?

Because it's shit. There I said it.
A couple of episodes worth of good content aren't enough to save this pile of steaming shit.
>>
>>15746021
Explain specifically what you mean.
Pro-tip: you can't.
>>
>>15745169
Gundam fatigue. Uninteresting grunt designs.
>>
>>15745408

Gundam is aimed at kids around 10 to maybe teenagers most of the time, though there have been some that have diverged from that norm like AGE, which was aimed towards kids (even if it failed miserably at attracting them). Also, presuming most kids must like formulaic plots because most kids shows are formulaic is rather fallacious; you might as well assume most adults do because a lot of adult entertainment is formulaic, especially if you go back a few decades. Just because the majority of content produced is formulaic doesn't mean that's why it's popular. The actual ratings don't show Gundam fatigue being a thing, since the ratings were barely different until the time slot change. It's more likely to have been bad gunpla sales or something rather than bad viewership.
>>
>>15745169
Unpopular designs. Makes sense, seeing as how most of them look like they're on loan from Wing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.