[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sidonia no Kishi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 10

File: Sidonia-no-Kishi-Tsugumori.jpg (107KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sidonia-no-Kishi-Tsugumori.jpg
107KB, 1920x1080px
Why does everyone hate Knights of Sidonia?
>>
I didn't bother watching it because I think it looks really ugly.
I don't go around shitposting about it though.
>>
I haven't seen it yet because I'm too busy with my backlog, so I have no idea if I hate it yet.
>>
File: ZsQ0UMK.gif (393KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ZsQ0UMK.gif
393KB, 500x281px
I actually like it. Not the best show ever but I found it enjoyable enough to spend two nights watching it. I like the relationships between the characters and the mecha designs were fine. The mystery also keeps me invested too. Watched with my brother and he is looking forward to another season already. If you like it or hate it that is fine watch what you want. Forget the haters and have confidence in your own taste.
>>
shit taste, it is my favorite nihei work.

most of them are just: they did not explain the gaunas! reeeeeeeee

when if you ever read any nihei work, you shoudln't expect explanation, and for sure, Sidonia doesn't need any.

Also, the protagonist ends with the best girl, Tsumugi.
>>
manga better
>>
>>15744706
>Tsumugi
>best girl
Them be fighting words anon
>>
>>15744698
OP here. I like it a lot, I was just wondering why there's none to a few threads about it.
>>
I loved it so much then I read the Manga...but the Manga's ending...my god..so shit and almost no closure.

When the anime catches up I hope they fix the ending..
>>
>>15744677
probably because the MC ditched best hermaphrodite and fucked a talking penis monster instead.
>>
Because the setting and designs look interesting but I literally can't watch the anime without getting a headache and I can't tell anybody apart or understand what movements are occurring in the manga. Nihei makes really cool designs but can't write manga for shit, sadly.
>>
>>15744677
it's okay
it felt really bland to me, though. Especially when compared to NIhei's other work like Abara, or Biomega.
>>
>>15744707
It's definitely not an entry-level work though. That sameface fucked me up once bitches started dying and reviving.
>>
>>15744940
In what cesspool did you find that post?
>>
File: 1436032800344.jpg (106KB, 620x954px) Image search: [Google]
1436032800344.jpg
106KB, 620x954px
>>
>>15744677
>everyone hate Knights of Sidonia
I wasn't aware of that.
>>
>>15744677
All I know is I was reading it as it came out and what drove me up the fucking wall was Nihei's fucking awful paneling. I love his art but his flow of action is fucking terrible, at least here. I liked the premise and think a more interesting could have been told rather than it pigeon holing the narrative and just becoming a romance series sometimes with action. It was very inconsistent with what it wanted to be and overall felt aimless for large chunks. I never gave the anime a try because I don't like direct adaptations if I've read the source and also it was butt fugly looking.

>>15744749
My dude it aired like 3-4 years ago, was a moderate success, is overall rather flawed, and nothing remarkable about it. That's not the kind of series that exactly warrants regular threads.
>>
>>15744698
>and he is looking forward to another season already
Given how the manga ended, I'm pretty sure nobody wants the already decent anime to go down the shitter trying to follow the manga.
>>
>>15744706
>aposimz
is this related to the colony ship of the same name they mentioned in sidonia or is Nihei being Nihei again
>>
>>15745642
OP is right, it never pops in the catalog
>>
>>15744706
Fuck the gauna, I'm mad they didn't explain the god damn talking bear!
>>
>>15744677
Cool premise and interesting characters wasted by harem SUPAH PI-RI-TO bullshit.
>>
It starts falling apart at about the midway point where it turns into "harem shenanigans in space" and never manages to recover from it. The ending is pretty messy and it just feels like Nihei burned himself out, being unused to writing a series that was so long with so much character interaction. Rumor is that he created Sidonia for his daughter, but she dismissed it because other things that were popular at the time, particularly Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online, were "cooler."
>>
>>15746594
pretty sure it was explained
>>
>>15744677
The fact that the ending was a rushed pile of shit.

>>15745705
Not being mentioned isn't the same as hating. With the series over and there's really not much to talk about other than everyone agreeing that it was an okay series that ended badly.
>>
>>15744677
Because it's not Blame.
>>
>>15746594
It was. There's an immortal loli inside who has a genetic condition, it's literally a bear suit wrapped around a life support system.
>>
>>15746994
Wow, that is not what I was expecting. Do we ever get a glimpse of the loli?
>>
File: 1459923649550.gif (972KB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
1459923649550.gif
972KB, 400x223px
>>15744677
I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I wish season 2 had a more conclusive ending.
>>
>>15747157
In the manga, yes, via flashbacks or cover art or whatnot. She's not actually a loli, but from what I saw she's really small compared to her peers.
>>
File: lala.jpg (231KB, 842x658px) Image search: [Google]
lala.jpg
231KB, 842x658px
>>
File: lala2.jpg (98KB, 428x600px) Image search: [Google]
lala2.jpg
98KB, 428x600px
I think she aged a bit before putting on the bear suit.
>>
>>15744677
Starts as a great surreal space opera mecha show with horror overtones, turns into lolrandumb harem bullshit.

I don't hate the show/manga, I hate what it became.
>>
File: really.png (55KB, 326x301px) Image search: [Google]
really.png
55KB, 326x301px
>>15745415
>>
File: oh_ffs.png (55KB, 322x303px) Image search: [Google]
oh_ffs.png
55KB, 322x303px
>>15747335
>>
>>15747327
>turns into lolrandumb harem bullshit
that stuff was present in the first chapter
>>
>>15747346
It was "present" but not nearly to the same degree as later chapters where the theme took over the entire manga.
>>
>>15744706
Where did you find latest aposimz chapter anyway? The releases are so hard to find for some reason for me.
>>
>>15744677
Okay start with interesting ideas, slowly goes no where and squanders any ideas it had leading to a rushed and shitty ending
>>
I dropped the manga unwillingly (lol hard drive failure) right after they captured the Gauna-fied chick and she remembered Nagate. I've been told to not revisit it.
>>
>>15745701

Nihei being Nihei. Aposimz isn't even the true title. It's actually Ningyo no Kuni.
>>
>>15746994
Oh thanks for that, only saw the anime didn't care for the manga. Also, KNOWING THIS JUST MAKES ME ANGRIER!
>>
>>15747973
>>15747859
Apo Simz...
Nihei pls.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.