[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daisuki is dying and the sunrise titles are already gone. All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: daisukiProgress.png (42KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
daisukiProgress.png
42KB, 854x480px
Daisuki is dying and the sunrise titles are already gone. All streaming from the service will cease by the end of October. Did ANYONE bother to rip the official subs from L-Gaim, Vifam, Iron Leaguer, and a few other exclusives they have, or are we now that incompetent that we as a community can't even do that much anymore?

We've become complacent over the past 2 years, and it may cost us quality content being archived when the streaming rights unexpectedly expire. Not everything is guaranteed to get a disc release, which is why torrents were necessary in the first place.

Did we screw up here?

I'm not blaming anyone here for the service dying. Streaming rights are a weird market and I have no idea if the service was popular or if it simply died because of big players like amazon eating up the new titles.

But /m/ exists to archive mecha anime and preserve it for future generations. We've always done so very effectively until the past 2 years, it seems.
>>
>>15740450
>Daisuki is dying and the sunrise titles are already gone. All streaming from the service will cease by the end of October.

Gee I wonder why

>rip the official subs

Oh right because of pirate cunts who aren't willing to pay $15 a month to support this stuff

You don't deserve any of it anyway
>>
>>15740450
>are we now that incompetent that we as a community can't even do that much anymore?

do it yourself you lazy fuck
>>
>>15740502
>>15740493
/m/ is dead.
>>
>>15740509

4chan has been trash for a while now
>>
>>15740493
>Oh right because of pirate cunts who aren't willing to pay $15 a month to support this stuff
$15 on this service, $10 on that one.. Oh, and this series is only available over here, so that's another $12. Shit adds up. Why don't you try moving out of mommy's basement before you try to take the moral high ground on all those streaming subscriptions you pay for with your McJob?
>>
>>15740450
>L-Gaim
I screen captured it, but it's possibly lost due to a hard drive failure.

>Vifam
I managed to rip that. If you dig around desuarchive, you'll find the release thread I had and subs someone retimed for Bunnyhat's raws.

>Iron Leaguer
This is the only one I'm near-100% sure got lost. I didn't have the time to capture it, since you couldn't directly rip from Daisuki and I only managed to do L-Gaim at the last minute.
>>
>Oh right because of pirate cunts who aren't willing to pay $15 a month to support this stuff

Who said we didn't? The competitive nature of the streaming market makes it unreliable regardless. There are too many services and rights granted for a show/movie are typically temporary even on very successful services like Netflix/Hulu. When those rights expire (which they did in the case of the sunrise titles), content just disappears even for currently paying customers. If no one backs up that content, it may well disappear forever. That is why streaming content must always be backed up by an underground piracy community. It is necessary to preserve artwork that companies neglect to distribute properly themselves, even when there is financial incentive to do so.

Sure, we have fansubs of some of these shows, but official subs are often worth the upgrade, as it is very tough for fans to translate old shows without a script from audio only.

I mean, if the titles are gone, they're gone, but the death of /m/ as an archivist community will ultimately kill mecha anime.
>>
>>15740549

Thanks for trying at least. Hope you can recover L-Gaim then.
>>
>>15740450
>Daisuki is dying and the sunrise titles are already gone. All streaming from the service will cease by the end of October

No shit given how the "community" consists primarily of chucklefucks like these piece of work >>15740536 >>15740549

>>15740587
He did >>15740536
>>
File: 3f2.jpg (368KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
3f2.jpg
368KB, 3000x3000px
>>15740598
>>
>>15740587
This. Plus remember that not everyone could access Daiksuki and region locks are still a thing.
>>
>Pls posts links of nyaa

Nice job /m/
>>
>go on Daisuki
>streams extremely slowly
>interrupted by constant ads
Good riddance.
>>
>>15740493
I care about preservation not pirating. If there were easily obtainable physical copies of these shows with subs I wouldn't even care about rips but that's not the case.
>>
>>15740450
Daisuki was a great idea that killed itself before it had a chance to succeed.

>Streaming rights are a weird market and I have no idea if the service was popular
It was for a brief period of time when it had popular airing shows (One Punch Man, etc) and delivered them without the waiting period after airing like CR has for free users. That didn't last very long though. Daisuki itself went through a change of ownership and most of the studio links were severed. Now missing a large chunk of it's library and with it's only popular airing show being IBO S2, it didn't have a whole lot to offer - especially not at nearly double the cost of their competitors.

I'm honestly not sure what they were thinking when they launched their premium service. First, the rate at which shows were being drip fed was way too slow for a monthly cost. Second, focusing on niche titles like Iron fucking Leaguer probably wasn't the best idea when you're running a service that has a monthly upkeep... the majority of the western anime community doesn't give a shit.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.