[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finished Turn A today, fucking beautiful series but I thought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 12

Finished Turn A today, fucking beautiful series but I thought a lot of the themes felt a bit too Ghibli for my tastes.
>>
>>15739528

Also does anyone have a Webm of Harry pimp slapping Midgard to death? I found that both hilarious and awesome.
>>
>>15739528
>but I thought a lot of the themes felt a bit too Ghibli for my tastes.
How is this a bad thing in any way
>>
>>15739562

Not necessarily bad it just got a little preachy then again isn't every Gundam.
>>
>>15739528
I finished it a couple months ago myself, I was surprised by how much I ended up loving most of the side characters
>>
File: The Queen's Judgement.webm (2MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Queen's Judgement.webm
2MB, 960x720px
>>15739543
>>
>>15739585

The thing about most Tomino shows is that it takes a while for me to be sucked into the world, characters, etc. Turn A I was immediately sucked in straight away which I thought was impressive, considering most of his series are like 50 episodes or so I don't really feel attached to any characters or the world until around the 20th episode mark but I was impressed how cozy and WMT he made the early episodes feel. Felt weird for a Gundam series considering I started with 0079 so I was taking aback how there wasn't any Federation or Zeon forces fighting.]

Agreed about the side characters, they were awesome, don't think there was anyone who I truly detested...Except maybe Merrybell.
>>
>>15739585

Bruno and Jacop were great. I really came to like the Moon hippies as well, along with Fran Doll, Lily Borjarno and a few others. Turn-A has a really enjoyable cast.
>>
>>15739607
>the Sumo's "eye" reveal
Damn son, Zaku eyeglow ain't go nothing on that.
>>
>>15739613

How do you think Moongirls are in bed?
>>
File: Loran got game.webm (3MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Loran got game.webm
3MB, 1440x1080px
>>15739619

Out of this world.
>>
File: Delicious Cocoa.webm (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Delicious Cocoa.webm
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>15739630

Earth girls are pretty ballin' too though. Also, I never realized how big the SUMO is before posting that webm.
>>
>>15739630
>Her overall personality may be weighed down by gravity

Yo Tomino, you can't take jabs at yourself, cut that out, you sonuvagun.
>>
>>15739639

Lilly was God tier but I'd have to say my favourite was probably Kihel .
>>
File: Tomino's Drunken Monkey.webm (1MB, 344x480px) Image search: [Google]
Tomino's Drunken Monkey.webm
1MB, 344x480px
>>15739640
>>
>>15739528
Turn A is an extremely entertaining mess. Messes are what Tomino does; that’s his directorial technique, or “shtick” if you will. Here’s my theory: he plays off his directorial weaknesses as strengths. The bizarre attempts at pacing, either ass-draggedly turgid or breakneck out-of-control; the exposition and characterization that largely manifest themselves as either ponderous voiceover or stilted, shouting dialog; the motley crew of misfits entrusted with an all-powerful prototype combat robot, a gun-laden air or spaceship and three-and-a-half plucky war orphans. These are all established institutions of anime involving giant robots nowadays — I suspect Studio BONES has a shrine to Tomino set up in the foyer of their office.
>>
File: Dianna's Getting Old.webm (978KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dianna's Getting Old.webm
978KB, 1440x1080px
>>15739647

Kihel was great, but I found Dianna better personally; I liked her being a weary ruler who just wanted to have a real life, rather than being pushed in and out of a freezer whenever someone wants to use her image. The stuff I like is almost all in implication and inference rather than directly stated, but there's a few cool bits directly stated.
>>
>>15739663

Who do you think is lewder, Dianna or Kihel? Dianna strikes me more as the promiscuous type.
>>
>>15739659
Why did you copy a section of that blogpost comparing Turn A to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict?

>>15739672
Dianna keeps herself only for Will Game
>>
>>15739678

What happened to Will completely caught me off guard since I forgot this was a Tomino series I was watching and nothing good happens in his shows to people.
>>
>>15739678

The entire point of the Will Game arc for Dianna is her accepting that theWill Game she knew is dead, and has been for centuries even if it's a much shorter time (probably only a few months) to her given cryo-sleep. She lets the lithograph the current Will Game gives her of the old Will Game smash while crying before going out to help stop the current Will Game from achieving his objective because it conflicts with what she wants.
>>
>>15739562
How is it not a bad thing if you don't like Ghibli? It's not that hard to understand.
>>
I really wish Turn A had a dub.
With the right actors and accents it could really elevate the show's atmosphere.
>>
>>15739672
Dianna has lived a long life of being undersexed while Kihel only very recently went through the mountain cycle rite.

If Dianna weren't positively ancient, she'd probably destroy a lot of people to catch up on all the centuries of sex she didn't have yet.
>>
>>15739753

Kihel probably slept with a few guys on the night of the mountain cycle rite given the way it's presented.
>>
File: 1451654750072.png (296KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
1451654750072.png
296KB, 540x405px
>>15739528

Turn A was/is my first Gundam series.

Have I ruined the Gundam universe for myself?
>>
>>15739780
Considering you watched quite possibly the highest point the gundam franchise first, your only hope is if you really like War in the Pocket.
>>
>>15739983
this, though I'd also say 0079 has a chance
>>
>>15739607

Really good animation and "camera work" on that scene, better than the usual for some reason.
>>
>>15739704
Who the fuck doesn't like Ghibli? What's wrong with you?
>>
>>15740324
I don't. Just never clicked with me.

Which is weird I like turn A and can see some similarities for sure and admit it's weird but yeah never liked Ghibli.
>>
File: 1347204918820.jpg (537KB, 1890x1156px) Image search: [Google]
1347204918820.jpg
537KB, 1890x1156px
>>15740365
Not even Porco Rosso?
>>
>>15740008
Or Victory
>>
>>15740288
The word is cinematography, anon
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.