[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this still happening? Anywhere I can catch a livestream?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

File: MegaBots_MK_II_V_Kuratas.jpg (69KB, 590x376px) Image search: [Google]
MegaBots_MK_II_V_Kuratas.jpg
69KB, 590x376px
Is this still happening? Anywhere I can catch a livestream?
>>
>>15736852
you mean the MK.III vs nothing?
becuase the japs have nothing new
Chinks gorrilla bot is just an artsy and expensive rod spnning prop
and a bobcat bulldozer would break the competition tooo easily
>>
The fight is supposed to be in August but no one I've seen has given an exact time/place for it. I would seriously pay for the pay-per-view shit to watch it in all its destructive glory.
>>
I pretty much don't want it to at this point.
>>
The Russians have a bear mech.
>>
>>15737564
it's really just a bear with some metal and a knife attached to it
>>
>>15737486
Why? Just because the offerings are pretty clunky and won't live up to the hype or another reason?
>>
>>15737602
it's just a man slathered in brown paint holding a knife with some metal bits attached to him
>>
>>15736852
The MK3 ended up sort of underwhelming in terms of design. Too much exposed wires and stuff. Plus the legs are too narrow
>>
>>15738577
Basically. It'll suck and then another one will never happen.
>>
>>15738578
That's DPRK's entrant
>>
File: 2017-08-02-13-12-56-1023236353.jpg (12KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-02-13-12-56-1023236353.jpg
12KB, 275x183px
Why do the koreans have to come around and shit on our party of mediocre walking robots?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq_lvEWFwjg
>>
They just uploaded this
https://youtu.be/ePINYZK4p5Y
>>
>>15742714
Could they use gloves or something to detect finger movement, in theory?
>>
File: 142668545547.webm (2MB, 800x432px) Image search: [Google]
142668545547.webm
2MB, 800x432px
>>15743141
In theory
>>
Eleven are pussies
>>
>>15736852
The Japs don't have crap...
Unless they've been developing in secret. I want us to quit being pussies and just shoot each other with anti tank rounds
>>
>>15743141
>in theory

Why theory? It's relatively simple to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX8XpSD-lpM
>>
>>15743260
What if they are building a proper super robot in secret?
>>
>>15743098
I guess if the Japs flake out they can always use the Mark II as their opponent.
>>
>>15736892
>>15743231
>>15743260
>lol jap hav nuffin
They still have the Kuratas, even though it might not be much it doesn't excuse mouthbreathers to be this fucking wrong. This obnoxious dick waving attitude is why people hated the american team. Besides, I expect no sportsmanship or even basic respect from our social media about this event.
>something something smol dick anime wankers
>something something pearl harbor
>if we win we remind them who lost ww2
>if we lose we remind them who won ww2
>>
ok so megabot team has something , still underwhelming from what they hyped us for , but hey DO have something , kuratas mkII is stil vaporware... And we ARE in frikkin august....
gentlemen , i belive we´ve been played like a DAMN FIDDLE
>>
>>15743778
The secret weapon is the rx78 statue. That's why they're replacing it.
>>
>>15743782
That'd be so good. Never gonna happen though
>>
>>15743761
The kuratas is one fourth the weight of the Megabot, three feet shorter and with a much smaller wingspan. It's not competitive, therefore the japanese have nothing. But nice job with your paranoid spastic rant, the point is not anime or WWII - it's that kuratas will perform like an anemic dwarf when faced with the megabot
>>
These are just tanks.
>>
>>15744269
>1/4 weight
So, more agile?
>shorter
So, a lower centee of gravity? Being a tripod and not a glorified skidloader helps it too
>wingspan
I will give you that, but I think reach won't make much of a difference when the kuratas can dance around the skidloader.
>>
>>15744280
Nether of these machines are going to have agility to boast. It's going to be about horsepower and weight.
>>
>>15744280
>more agile
>dance
the thing moves at an -estimated- 6mph
>>
>>15743778
>i belive we´ve been played
you played yourself, the american team was the one to issue the challenge, needed to prove what they can do and CHOSE to hype themselves to hell and back.

There's no obligation for kuratas to do anything after accepting the request.
>>
>>15743333
Quads confirm.
Megabots will show up at the arena without an opponent, start gloating, and then someone will notice the jet fighter passing overhead and how legs are coming out of it.
>>
>>15736852
>Is this still happening?
I hope not. Americucks went full jingoistic cuntbiscuit over it and sucked all the fun out of it. Japs would be smart to refuse to have anything to do with it and the US team's cancer.
>>
>>15736852
>lets hit eachother with pneumatic cutters and other super dangerous tools while sitting inside these deathtraps waiting to happen

You're all fucking retarded if any of you thought this was going to happen at all in the first place.
>>
What are they even planning on doing? shooting some paintballs at each other then awkwardly bump into eachother like two downies trying to have sex?

Besides USA has been spending the last 4 years trying to build a kuratas killer, but the japs can't really change much with theirs because team america will just go 'n-nuh you changed it it's not fair!'

give us a new battlebot league instead.
>>
>>15745097
There were people on /m/ arguing that the Kuratas in the original reveal video traveling on the road wasn't CGI, and that the website had a real working checkout page.

Of course we're retarded.
>>
File: 1493398938103.gif (49KB, 256x224px) Image search: [Google]
1493398938103.gif
49KB, 256x224px
>>15744280
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePINYZK4p5Y
>arms fully articulated at the shoulder
>arms rotate at the elbow
>arms rotate at the wrist
>hands open/close
>torso rotates at the waist
>torso leans left/right at the waist
>legs rotate at the knee and ankle
>legs lean left/right at the ankle
>S-S-SKIDLOODER!

The Mark III is more articulated than the Kuratas and you guys are still calling it a skidloader. Watch the video if you want to see the difference between the actual skidloader Mark II and the new robot.

And as for agility and speed...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L8j6WoOTJk
That's 40%. The Maker Faire video where it beats up a hanging car is 12%.
>>
What are the rules of the fight? In battlebots or whatever its destroy the robot, in boxing its knockout or points
How are they going to avoid the inevitable gory death for smashing the cockpit (by ""accident"")
Or are they not avoiding it
>>
File: kendo.jpg (367KB, 960x490px) Image search: [Google]
kendo.jpg
367KB, 960x490px
>>15745275
>>15745672
Pretty sure he specifically said melee because he's Japanese and expects martial arts 'ala kendo.
These fucks come in with their super expensive toy, he just slaps them once with a wooden sword, calls out "head" and smugly returns home the victor.

He's Japanese, you should have the basic common sense to realize he never meant for any battlebot matches about turning his piece of work into scrap since that's practically an alien concept to them.
>>
>>15745672
Maybe they'll remote control them from outside the arena so that they can completely destroy each other
>>
>>15745672
I don't know about the Kurata but the Mk III's cockpit is too tough to get smashed into. I have a feeling that they might have a touch system a la martial arts. That way the mechs can be piloted from the inside, and neither one gets seriously damaged.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9UtUzjUA5Q
>>
>>15744280
>DEXfags
>>
>>15745712

>implying engineers of any nationality are knowledgable about sports rules
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.