[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stupid Tai!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 11

File: 5473.jpg (38KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
5473.jpg
38KB, 704x396px
Stupid Tai!
>>
ITS BEEN
>>
>>15736246
ONE WEEK
>>
>>15735980
The fact that people watched Digimon subbed still surprises me.
>>
>>15736322
How so?
>>
>>15736328
Merica is the only place Digimon aired and it was a american cartoon.
>>
>>15736350
I've learned from the internet that Digimon and other Toei shows are popular as fuck in LatAm regions. Plus it was over a decade ago when it aired on TV in the united states so a whole generation would have looked it up and seen "Digimon Adventure- English Sub" as their first exposure.
>>
>>15736350
What?

>>15736362
Digimon was stupid popular in Mexico, it was a much closer call whether Digimon or Pokemon was more popular there. I would say in the late 90s to early 00s Digimon was bigger. For some reason Mexicans really love Kuwagamon.

>Plus it was over a decade ago when it aired on TV in the united states so a whole generation would have looked it up and seen "Digimon Adventure- English Sub" as their first exposure.
I'm assuming you mean plenty of people by now their first exposure is the subbed version, but just as an FYI Digimon had one of the fastest sub turnover rates in anime for the 90s and was dubbed in like 30 languages. The LatAm dub was popular but what was funny was the Brazilian dub had in the opening some weird lady in a bucket hat dancing around added to the footage.

The funniest dub though was the Arabic one since evolution is blasphemy and illegal to mention they instead have the Digimon call their "big brother/sister" to fight for them
>>
>>15736440
Why not just call it "growing up"?
>>
>>15736350
NIgger what the fuck are you talking about, we had Digimon back on China too
>>
>>15736447
I don't know, I guess the rapid changing back and forth would be offensive period to them. They also completely removed Fairymon from Frontier.
>>
File: aero_ass.gif (948KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
aero_ass.gif
948KB, 500x375px
>>15736457
>They also completely removed Fairymon from Frontier.
I was going to ask how that works, but Fairymon did nothing useful anyway.
>>
>>15736471
She's the only protagonist to ever lose her first evolution fight. Being Izumi is suffering.
>>
>>15736471
This is the last Digimon cartoon I watched and I still regret watching it.
>>
>>15736475
There's a string of like ten episodes towards the end where quite literally nothing happens. The protags fight the Royal Knights, they lose, rinse and repeat. FOR TEN EPISODES STRAIGHT.
>>
>>15736350
It aired dubbed in Brazil and others latin american countries, too.
>>
>>15736483
Oh my friend, it's longer than 10 episodes. That goes from the fight against Cherubimon until the Lucimon fight which is almost 20 full episodes.

Frontier is a wealth of good ideas mired by sloppy execution and awful pacing. For everything good there's 1-2 bad things with it. It's a very mixed bag and borders between passable and bad.
>>
>>15736488
It's a good thing that I skipped it, huh?
>>
>>15736498
On the other hand it has some nice music, cool designs and arguably the best portrayal of the digital world to date. And as bland as it could get, at least it wasn't an absolute mess like 02 or XW Hunters
>>
>>15736498
It's got some good stuff in it and it's nowhere near the worst show, YH and 02 are far and away much worse, but it's definitely a bit of a slog and when I revisited all the episodes I took a 6-12 month break in the middle of it (compare that to Savers which I watched in 3 days).

Honestly what I tell people to do with Frontier is give it a try and if you hate it or find yourself so bored you can't keep going drop it and move on. In general I say give Frontier at least three tries, once it has bored you 3 times just skip ahead and watch the final battle if anything because it's rad. The only thing you miss out on by doing that is several of the designs look fucking great, a couple of good fights, and the Kouji/Koichi storyline is pretty good.
>>
>>15736350
What are you on about? That makes sense in exactly zero ways.
>>
>>15736505
Come up with a single timeline that makes sense for Kouji to remember his original mom to the point he still mourns her in the present day, but not his twin brother.
>>
>>15736528
He doesn't remember his birth mother at all, what in the fuck are you talking about?
>>
What kind of "evolution" do you think they could come up with next? I think they've got all the classic ways heroes in anime can transform.
>>
File: Fug.jpg (49KB, 720x413px) Image search: [Google]
Fug.jpg
49KB, 720x413px
>>15736543

Fucking em till they evolve
>>
>>15736543
Reverse Jogress. Digimon splits itself into multiple forms of all roughly equivalent power, but different situational abilities. As series goes on, it is able to split itself into even more forms at once to cover even more situations
>>
>>15736564
Woah
>>
>>15736513
what did you expect from an murikan?
>>
>>15736483
>>15736488
In the Royal Knights arc, even at times when it looked like the heroes are winning the fight, it didn't matter because the RKs took the code anyway.
There's no apparent reason why they couldn't have taken the code 20 minutes earlier, but hey, gotta fill an episode!
>>
I liked Savers
>>
>>15736585
Would it have been better if they had at least used different RKs every time instead of just Dynasmon and Lord Knightmon ad nauseum? I get that this was back before we had Gankoomon, Jesmon, Craniummon and Duftmon (and I think also Alphamon too), but those two always play the villain for some reason. I want to see Omegamon play the bad guy for once
>>
>>15736590
I didn't like Savers
>>
>>15736632
Omegamon was an antagonist for a good chunk of X-Evolution, at least.

Really what it needed was to have the goal of the arc changed to something that didn't mandate the Royal Knights succeed at every turn, so that they could have some wins and some losses. Giving them some minions that could be defeated to make progress would have also helped.

To a lesser extent the Destiny Stones arc in 02 has the same issue, but that arc only lasts about five episodes and a lot of it is spent developing BlackWargreymon as a character. Crusadermon and Dynasmon are zealots with essentially zero chance of being converted to the side of good, so all of their interactions with the heroes are repetitive fights that the heroes are nearly always on the losing side of.
>>
>>15736632
If they had a whole team of Royal Knights, than the children would have died the first encounter.
>>
>>15736664
Alternatively, they would not have if the staff had put in enough effort to give the main cast equal power levels as with the prior and following seasons, but sadly, such was not the case
>>
>>15735980
You seem to be on the wrong board for this.
>>
>>15736742
It's crazy stupid that only Takuya and Kouji attained both Fusion and Unified Spirit. Even if we keep the dumb "everyone has to become useless for Takuya and Kouji to evolve and lose today" aspect of Unified Spirit, everyone else could've at least got Fusions.
>>
>>15736767
What bugs me the most about this is Koichi had all of two episodes to show off his completely awesome heroic darkness spirits before they dropped those to shill the two leads
>>
>>15736350
This is accurate
>>
>>15736945
You actually understand what he's on about?
>>
>>15736440
>The funniest dub though was the Arabic one since evolution is blasphemy and illegal to mention they instead have the Digimon call their "big brother/sister" to fight for them

good thing they changed that in Tamers by calling it upgrade, but even as a kid, I knew it was evolution, since they kept the evolution sequences.
>>
>>15736828
Koichi's purified spirits had the best design, but MetalKabuterimon came close too. Beetlemon paled in comparison.
>>
>>15737572
>good thing they changed that in Tamers by calling it upgrade,
which, given we are talking about DIGITAL monsters, should have been the default if one doesn't want to use "evolution"(which is even incorrect in context)
>>
>>15739565
>doesn't want to use "evolution"(which is even incorrect in context)
How is it incorrect?
>>
>>15739575
Because evolution is a process of adaptation over the generations, while the Digimon just "grow up".
"Metamorphosis" would be a better word.
>>
>>15739633
It has more than one meaning, nerd
Darwin didn't just pull the word out of his ass.
>>
>>15739654
More generally "Evolution" is gradual improvement over time, not "sudden complete transformation"
>>
>>15739706
First result on dictionary.com

"1. any process of formation or growth; development"

There need not be any time component.
>>
Is it only me that the fight between angewomon vs ladydevimon make my dick go hard rock.
>>
File: 1495084666637.jpg (2MB, 4456x2456px) Image search: [Google]
1495084666637.jpg
2MB, 4456x2456px
>>15742093
The scene in the World Tour arc where she holds that guy captive made me feel weird as a kid. It was years later that I realized that scene turned me into some kind of sex pervert.
>>
File: 1418476761041.jpg (81KB, 760x1052px) Image search: [Google]
1418476761041.jpg
81KB, 760x1052px
>>15735980
I'm still conflicted on the Sora/Tai and Sora/Matt ship, after all these years.

Then again, I haven't bothered to go back and watch the series and see if Sora really did interact more with Matt than she did with Tai. I only remember the heavy Sora/Tai interactions and the mass-rage on the net back then.
>>
>>15742231
>Then again, I haven't bothered to go back and watch the series and see if Sora really did interact more with Matt than she did with Tai. I only remember the heavy Sora/Tai interactions and the mass-rage on the net back then.
Here's the breakdown: she interacts with both about the same in Adventure. There is no romance angle in all of Adventure, only the dub slid shit in because Nimoy is a piece of shit. The only slight romantic moment between Sora and Taichi is in OWG. In 02 the dub made it that Taichi was jealous and there was a love triangle, in Japanese Taichi is the one who convices Sora to confess to Yamato on Christmas.

Neither romance made sense because neither have any basis, but the director is retarded and insisted that it was obvious Yamato and Sora would end up together even though he mainly did it to please his daughter. Neither are well thought out but only one actually happened, although now Tri is pushing a love triangle dynamic or at least slightly doing so for drama and to pander to the shippers that make a large part of the fanbase
>>
>>15742244
That's about what I suspected; either dialogue liberties in the english version or writer interference.

It just felt left-field way back then growing up on the English version.
>>
>>15742249
Nimoy is literal scum, to the point that he turned the Tachikawa family plate into a Valentine from Jou.
>>
>>15742281
This is why I don't understand why people keep using dub terms as if the dub is actually legitimate or worth watching

You may have grown up with it, but it's time to let go.
>>
File: 1415655699635.jpg (251KB, 1000x934px) Image search: [Google]
1415655699635.jpg
251KB, 1000x934px
>>15735980
What's the matter? Too much incest for you?
>>
>>15742871
>but it's time to let go
NEVER
>>
>>15736636
Faggot
>>
>>15736543
Armor evolution 2.0 would be neat. It not being used to nearly its full potential in 02 was one of many reasons why it sucked.
>Different digimon switching armors
>one digimon using multiple armors
I wanted to see shit like that.
>>
File: DigiFriends.jpg (446KB, 1103x2746px) Image search: [Google]
DigiFriends.jpg
446KB, 1103x2746px
>>15736543
Some 02-like situation comes up again and starte evolution is blocked. Then everyone becomes cute girls!
>>
>>15743848
>one digimon using multiple armors
That's exactly what we had, though. V-mon, Hawkmon and Armadimon all had two armor forms in the show and all six of the main ones have many more armor forms in other materials

Unless you're talking about them using armor evolution as like an actual suit of armor, in which case, yeah, I get what you mean
>>
>>15742244
The thing is that Sora was far more proactive towards Taichi in Adventure. Like when Nanomon captured her. She was hoping for Taichi to save her and when the pyramid got attacked she smiled and said his name. Then when he disappeared she was the first to go looking for him. Then when she got trapped in her own darkness it was due to wanting to live up to whatever expectations she felt he had for her. It's easy as hell to see how people shipped them.

The strange couple was Yamato and Mimi. It was really big back in the day. They had like one line of dialog towards each other in Adventure.
>>
>>15743848
I've always liked how Guilmon can Armor into Tylomon.
>>
>>15743993
Yeah and then in the entire Dark Master arc Yamato and Sora interacted the most with Sora literally breaking off from the group to follow Yamato. She was the one trying to break through to him and he did the same for her because their character faults are very similar and revolve around love and feeling alone.

Yamato and Mimi happened because people pair the two most attractive and popular characters of the opposite sex. It's like how people paired Jou and Mimi because they were tall.
>>
>>15743116
Anon, the dub replaced both butterfly and Biggest dreamer, and that's something unforgivable.
>>
>>15745064
Sora didn't break off of the group to follow Yamato. What are you talking about? At the end of the Dark Master arc, Taichi asked Sora and Takeru to go get everyone because Taichi felt all 8 were needed. Gabumon was the one who broke through to Yamato. Jou was then the one who found him. Sora then fell into her own darkness before even joining up with Yamato and Jou because she wanted to live up to what she felt were Taichi's expectations.
>>
>>15745089
You're right I'm misremembering a bit of Adventure because it's been so long. However she did attempt to break him free and sympathized with him the most when he was being emo. And like we both said, they were the ones who held a close heart to heart to break her free of her depression spiral by empathising with each other having very similar problems. In a sense Kakudo actually is right that the foundation for them to pair up was there because they are very similar, but there just simply was no romance in Adventure and he's a fucking lunatic for thinking that it was always evident they would end up together.
>>
>>15745099
She didn't attempt to break him free because she never saw him. Gabumon was the only one to see Yamato in his darkness. Right after he broke out, Jou found him and then Yamato and Jou found found Takeru because Takeru was screaming Sora's name. Yamato and Jou both broke Sora free from her depression.
>>
>>15745127
I dunno dude ultimately there is just a similarity between the two, people who insinuate there is romance in a show about 11 year olds when there explicitly isn't any are weird.
>>
>>15745136
The only similarities is that they both go through depression and try and act mature. Shows about kids have romance all the time. Cardcaptor Sakura deals with not only romance between kids but romance between kids and adults.
>>
>>15745158
>The only similarities is that they both go through depression and try and act mature.
They have similar depression of feeling unloved. It's not much but I guess it's something.

>Shows about kids have romance all the time.
I know, and even in Digimon it exists and is done well like in Tamers. I'm just saying there's none in Adventure and forcing it in a nonromantic show about 11 year olds is really creepy.

>Cardcaptor Sakura deals with not only romance between kids but romance between kids and adults.
That's a bad example because everything by Clamp has really creepy romance like the 8 year old getting engaged to her teacher in Cardcaptor Sakura.
>>
>>15745084
I never said it was perfect
>>
>>15745171
>They have similar depression of feeling unloved. It's not much but I guess it's something.
Yamato's depression didn't come from being unloved. It came from him feeling like Takeru didn't need to rely on him anymore. He felt that everyone else was growing up and changing while he wasn't.

>I know, and even in Digimon it exists and is done well like in Tamers. I'm just saying there's none in Adventure and forcing it in a nonromantic show about 11 year olds is really creepy.
Tamers did not have well done romance.

>That's a bad example because everything by Clamp has really creepy romance like the 8 year old getting engaged to her teacher in Cardcaptor Sakura.
Then pick any other show like Naruto or Pokemon. Not saying they're well done but they do have romance in them between children.
>>
>>15745188
>Yamato's depression didn't come from being unloved. It came from him feeling like Takeru didn't need to rely on him anymore. He felt that everyone else was growing up and changing while he wasn't.
Which made feel unneeded, which made him feel alone, and both of those together made him feel unloved. All of Yamato's fears of being not needed stem from his fear that if someone doesn't need him they will eventually abandon him and he will be alone and unloved again. This all stemmed from his issues regarding his parent's divorce.

It's not the exact same but it's similar to Sora's inner turmoil and how she also feels worthless and unloved.

>Tamers did not have well done romance.
It's nothing special but it felt natural since its just a 10 year old with a crush on his classmate.

Digimon has never focused on romance and that's why I find it so annoying that shippers do so much mental gymnastics to make it about shipping.
>>
>>15745208
Regardless of how you interpret Yanato and Sora's depression they never discuss it with each other.

>It's nothing special but it felt natural since its just a 10 year old with a crush on his classmate.
It was just a one-sided crush that went nowhere. He didn't make a move.

>Digimon has never focused on romance and that's why I find it so annoying that shippers do so much mental gymnastics to make it about shipping.
Anything that has 2 or more characters is going to have shippers. They don't have to be human. Digimon went and had everyone get married which only fuels shippers more. Tri went out of its way to break up a couple so they can turn it into a love triangle.
>>
>>15743880
I hate how simple and bland Agumon's design is, for the mascot of a franchise with "overdesigned" monsters. It's impossible to draw an Agumon gijinka that's recognizable without some other digimon gijinka next to it.
Agumon-X and Agumon(2006) are better than the original.
>>
>>15742952
post it
>>
File: Digimon by year.png (28KB, 1134x605px) Image search: [Google]
Digimon by year.png
28KB, 1134x605px
>>15745362
Digimon really didn't start off with anything that was all that overdesigned. I mean, for a year or two, we didn't even have an ultimate level, evolution lines just stopped at perfect. I guess someone decided that things were too boring and things just got out of control
>>
>>15745362
Agumon is a child level and one of the earlier ones, so it has a "default" look to it.
>>
>>15745509
So are Tentomon and Gabumon, but those have tons of detail.
>>
>>15745634
>Ladybug monster
>Lizard wearing a fur coat
>>
>>15743976
He was talking about DOUBLE armor, stupid.
Two armors at the same time.
>>
>>15745637
Yes, and? They're much more detailed.
>>
>>15736350
Even back then it was obvious it was Japanese. Dub didn't hide it.

I remember there being a block that celebrated its Japanese roots along with Pokemon.
>>
>>15743880
Then a passionate make-out session is required between tamers and Digigirls in order to to get them to evolve.

It doesn't matter if their human tamer is female. THEY WILL KISS.
>>
>>15745639
Reminds me too much of Frontier for my taste
>>
File: Agumon_01_final.jpg (58KB, 388x841px) Image search: [Google]
Agumon_01_final.jpg
58KB, 388x841px
>>15743880
>>15745362

My art is crappy, but I think something in these lines should be recognizable enough.

Some hair accessories for the eyes and teeth, big poofy sleeves (to reference how Agumon's arm gets thicker as it approaches the hands) with a claw pattern on their end.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.